Author Topic: Derby County: Championship club file notice to appoint administrators  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: Derby County: Championship club file notice to appoint administrators
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 09:07:18 pm »
Well if they weren't getting a points deduction before then they are now

Shame

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 10:09:28 pm »
Seems like this has been on the cards for a while

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 10:33:06 pm »
Well there's your tailor-made excuse for Rooney if/when he takes them down seeing as that he's an absolutely clueless manager. Although I suspect he'll probably jump ship before that anyway.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 10:49:17 pm »
A points deduction already seemed likely. If they get hit with both that would render the rest of their season pointless. Not sure it'll be much consolation to Sheffield Wednesday or Wycombe though.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 11:19:43 pm »
Well there's your tailor-made excuse for Rooney if/when he takes them down seeing as that he's an absolutely clueless manager. Although I suspect he'll probably jump ship before that anyway.

Wasn't them signing Rooney pretty much the start of their financial difficulties in the first place?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 02:44:39 am »
Wasn't them signing Rooney pretty much the start of their financial difficulties in the first place?
It's a lot, lot longer than that. Mel Morris has been spending like a sailor on shore leave for the past 6 or 7 years, gambling to get into the Prem. It hasn't worked and now the chickens have finally come home to roost.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 07:51:58 am »
They've started the season fairly well and have put together a competitive team for the league with free transfers they got in and underperformed last season with what they had. Without a points deduction they'd probably stay up.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 07:53:31 am »
They've started the season fairly well and have put together a competitive team for the league with free transfers they got in and underperformed last season with what they had. Without a points deduction they'd probably stay up.

No way, their squad is threadbare. Centre backs are ancient and they've no goals in the team. They're scratching around now but after Christmas when there's tons of games they'd be knackered and barely earn a point.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 08:22:28 am »
No way, their squad is threadbare. Centre backs are ancient and they've no goals in the team. They're scratching around now but after Christmas when there's tons of games they'd be knackered and barely earn a point.

If they got nobody else in in January it'd certainly be a struggle.

Their first XI is somewhere around the middle third of the table in that league which is a poor standard overall. Not much depth but then there isn't in other teams either.

Just shows how much Bobby Duncan has fucked up since demanding to leave us. He's at Derby and can't even make the squad. This should be a perfect opportunity.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 08:39:52 am »
Potential 21 point deduction. Game over right there

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 10:04:24 am »
It's a lot, lot longer than that. Mel Morris has been spending like a sailor on shore leave for the past 6 or 7 years, gambling to get into the Prem. It hasn't worked and now the chickens have finally come home to roost.

That's one of the problems with the money in the Prem, owners see the £££££££'s and can be tempted to be dickheads trying to get at the trough.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline jymbojetset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 10:08:42 am »
That's one of the problems with the money in the Prem, owners see the £££££££'s and can be tempted to be dickheads trying to get at the trough.

Worked for Leicester to be fair.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2021, 10:53:42 am »
Well if they weren't getting a points deduction before then they are now

Shame

Not sure if you are being sarcastic? You did hear about the ground sale didn't you? I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned in the thread already. I know a few fans of other Championship clubs who were furious about it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/12057097/championship-clubs-angry-at-efl-as-derby-escape-punishment-over-ground-sale
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2021, 11:53:03 am »
They're fucked if this scenario comes to fruition

John Percy@JPercyTelegraph
It does sound like -21 points is a genuine possibility for Derby. -12 for administration and the expected -9 for financial breaches. Transfer embargo expected for 2 years with administration too.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 12:10:02 pm »

Their best chance was probably when they had Mount and Wilson on loan.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2021, 12:11:03 pm »
Nearly got away with it though. Had they beat Villa in the play off final a couple of years back they'd be okay.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2021, 12:22:36 pm »
Nearly got away with it though. Had they beat Villa in the play off final a couple of years back they'd be okay.
And it'd probably be Villa who were facing points deductions or worse in that scenario. They weren't in a great position before going up and were barley meeting FFP, and even then not sure how much they were meeting it without selling thei stadium. The Championship and below seems like a mess of clubs constantly on the brink of collapsing

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2021, 01:42:54 pm »
Derby County have entered administration and been deducted 12 points by the English Football League.

The Championship club announced their intention to call in administrators on Friday, with owner Mel Morris saying the coronavirus pandemic had cost them about £20m in lost revenue.

Morris has spent the past two days talking to players and staff, whose jobs are now uncertain.

Wayne Rooney's Rams drop to the foot of the table, on minus two points.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58649432?at_medium=custom7&at_custom4=817797D8-1BA1-11EC-B127-68330EDC252D&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&fbclid=IwAR02O0G2tbFyGE1iqZ6v3x6gqaRRZgX38pQMyBhYxYXomaUALPESKE5uLLo

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2021, 02:22:01 pm »
The deductions seem designed to relegate Derby and of course there needs to be a punishment. It also must be said that Morris is a shyster the likes of which are littered throughout football. He easily has the money to stop this from going ahead but clearly no longer the appetite.

It's a shame for the fans, they're a big club, former champions and have had famous runs in Europe, but they're now synonymous with failure, the record low-points season and repeated play-off final failures.

There has to be punishment but it does seem to me that the process the Football League lean on is unfair and hurts teams that are already in a state. Not allowing them to sign anyone for two years after impending probable relegation after a 21 point deduction is essentially putting the team into League Two as well and endangers their whole existence. There needs to be some form of better legislation around almost everything financial by the Football League, but also when a team has fucked up, not double punishing them and endangering them, as was the case with Bury and almost Bolton.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2021, 02:34:03 pm »
So should Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe be pissed off, or not? I know there was talk in the summer that if they got a deduction it'd promote Wycombe before the season started but obviously didn't happen, but its hard to get a grasp of the timeline.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2021, 02:42:01 pm »
Their best chance was probably when they had Mount and Wilson on loan.

Agree. They had Tomori on loan that season as well. Think he won the Fans Player of the Year as well.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2021, 02:59:26 pm »
So should Sheffield Wednesday and Wycombe be pissed off, or not? I know there was talk in the summer that if they got a deduction it'd promote Wycombe before the season started but obviously didn't happen, but its hard to get a grasp of the timeline.

It's a funny one with Wycombe because they were bottom of the league practically the whole season (including with 5 minutes to go in the last game). They were relegated before the last game but because Rotherham and Sheff Wed conceded late equalisers (a win would have kept one of them up at the expense of Derby) and Wycombe won what was effectively a dead game, it was Wycombe that finished 3rd bottom. Therefore had Derby been deducted points last season it would have been Wycombe that were reprieved. Rotherham and Sheff Wed could feel more hard done by though.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2021, 03:01:44 pm »
Agree. They had Tomori on loan that season as well. Think he won the Fans Player of the Year as well.

Fat Frank got the Chelsea job off the back of finishing 6th with that team, 15 points off the automatic spots and then lost in the play offs.

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2021, 10:54:46 pm »
Read this on the Beeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58665019

Wayne Rooney is beyond clueless. Why would you appoint a brainless bozo like him as your manager?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2021, 10:59:14 pm »
Read this on the Beeb: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58665019

Wayne Rooney is beyond clueless. Why would you appoint a brainless bozo like him as your manager?

What's he done wrong? Rightly laid into the owner and has said he isn't going to walk out on them. Also, small amounts though they probably are to somebody with his wealth he's put his hand into his pocket a bit for some equipment. He's done a fantastic job under the circumstances at Derby I think, albeit I don't think he's going to be a top manager. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2021, 12:53:32 am »
What's he done wrong? Rightly laid into the owner and has said he isn't going to walk out on them. Also, small amounts though they probably are to somebody with his wealth he's put his hand into his pocket a bit for some equipment. He's done a fantastic job under the circumstances at Derby I think, albeit I don't think he's going to be a top manager.

Rooney calling out another person for not being honest,Rooney  :lmao :lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2021, 02:34:48 am »

He talks like a child. What’s the need to talk about using the club doctor’s phone to reach the owner? It’s just embarrassing and clown like. He’s not doing himself or the club any favours by jibber jabbering to the media in this way
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2021, 07:47:55 am »
He talks like a child. What’s the need to talk about using the club doctor’s phone to reach the owner? It’s just embarrassing and clown like. He’s not doing himself or the club any favours by jibber jabbering to the media in this way

How can he still not string a sentence together? You're a multi-millionaire, get some basic English lessons.

He's done okay there though. Everyone had them as relegation certs, and they may well go down with the deductions, but they're mid table without that.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 7, 2021, 10:49:47 am »
Thick c*nts.    :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-derby-mike-ashley-6024200

I think Derby will take being stable and having a club to support over not having one.

I cant see Ashley walking out of Newcastle to buy Derby it makes no sense.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #31 on: October 7, 2021, 11:04:50 am »
Thick c*nts.    :lmao :lmao :lmao

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-takeover-derby-mike-ashley-6024200

Its the stuff dreams are made of. If they get Mike Ashley they too can have decades of moaning about his ownership, doing absolutely fuck all about it and then using it to justify being happy at being taken over by a murdering, torturing, human rights abusing, sports-washing regime.

In 2035 they could be getting taken over by Kim Jong-un  8)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 7, 2021, 11:49:30 am »
I think Derby will take being stable and having a club to support over not having one.
I agree with you, 12 months down the line though they will want him out, probably.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 7, 2021, 12:13:42 pm »
I agree with you, 12 months down the line though they will want him out, probably.

They are going to be a league one club next season they will be lucky to get anyone who is sane and can hold them together.

They have a current owner who is reported to be worth over £500m and is from Derby if he isnt going to look after them who else will ???

He also wants to keep the stadium I think and rent it back out to them cant see many going along with that !

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 01:28:07 am »
Rooney is doing some amazing work with these isn't he  :o

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2022, 08:25:40 am »

They'll stay up with one at this rate.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 06:21:06 pm »
Needs to be Rafa's successor....the dream team of him and Big Dunc is surely the only way forward for them....c'mon Rams...let the prodigal return

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2022, 06:25:26 pm »
They'll stay up with one at this rate.

On current form they can make it, but they need Reading, Cardiff and Hull to keep their current form too.

Looking at the PPG, they'll still get relegated.

They play Hull next month, and Cardiff last game of the season which could be a winner takes all.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT