Author Topic: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU  (Read 329266 times)

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Re: DC Mega Topic, it's not the MCU
« Reply #3280 on: November 17, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »
Take the overall score with a pinch of salt. All it is are reviews that have either narrowly fallen above or below the average of what is regarded as fresh. The damning thing for JL is that most reviews that gave it a fresh tomato would almost be considered negative to very average at best in most cases. It sounds like a steaming hunk of shit, and it looked it just going off of early trailers.

You won't like it, that's for sure.

But that brings up another point. The reviews say "bad villain/weak plot" but they say the exact same thing about Thor 3 and still give it a positive review and that movie was also way overlong and messy.

I think the only solution is to force every RT reviewer into a pit of acid and shut down the site. Sorry Kentucky Tribune movie reviewer guy, you flew too close to the sun.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3281 on: November 17, 2017, 06:29:06 pm »
10 years ago if you'd have told me Thor 3 would outperform a Justice League movie I'd be like "What the fuck. Who the fuck's Thor?" and yet here we are in a reality in which it's likely to do so. How the fuck lmao.

Offline Kopite Tom

• Kopite
« Reply #3282 on: November 17, 2017, 07:52:05 pm »
10 years ago if you'd have told me Thor 3 would outperform a Justice League movie I'd be like "What the fuck. Who the fuck's Thor?" and yet here we are in a reality in which it's likely to do so. How the fuck lmao.

Said the exact same thing to a colleague at work today, it really is shocking.

Hopefully will get round to watching JL sometime next week.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3283 on: November 17, 2017, 07:57:45 pm »
You won't like it, that's for sure.

But that brings up another point. The reviews say "bad villain/weak plot" but they say the exact same thing about Thor 3 and still give it a positive review and that movie was also way overlong and messy.

I think the only solution is to force every RT reviewer into a pit of acid and shut down the site. Sorry Kentucky Tribune movie reviewer guy, you flew too close to the sun.
I might. Could be a laugh. For all the wrong reasons.

It's small details, I think. The fact that one doesn't take itself so serious, whereas the other one is effortless and comfortable in what its doing. That's the impression I get from the two from the small clips I've seen. I mean, I genuinely laughed out loud at the hammer "pulling" Thor off joke. A 30 second clip that sold me on the film, whereas Justice League trailers just made me give a pity chuckle at how awful it is to look at, and its attempt at light-hearted humor. They're trying, god bless em, but they it really does come off as being a desperate attempt to "do a Marvel" on something that has already had the damage done in a couple of previous films.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3284 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:31 pm »

It's small details, I think. The fact that one doesn't take itself so serious, whereas the other one is effortless and comfortable in what its doing. That's the impression I get from the two from the small clips I've seen. I mean, I genuinely laughed out loud at the hammer "pulling" Thor off joke. A 30 second clip that sold me on the film, whereas Justice League trailers just made me give a pity chuckle at how awful it is to look at, and its attempt at light-hearted humor. They're trying, god bless em, but they it really does come off as being a desperate attempt to "do a Marvel" on something that has already had the damage done in a couple of previous films.

But we already have the "not taking it seriously" movies, why not have the other side? There's quips (IMO too many) in JL but they're not going to let someone run roughshod over the movie like RDJ does, nor are they going to have everyone eating Shwarma surrounded by thousands of dead people.

Well I mean they might. Whedon is probably running things now.

I think you've already made your mind up about this one, as most seem to. You'll be looking for the shit things in it. I do the same thing, so I know how it is. I just really don't think Justice League is worse than Thor 2, or Avengers 2, or Iron Man 2/3 etc. If you like seeing superheroes fucking up villains it's pretty good.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3285 on: November 17, 2017, 09:26:24 pm »

As a confessed DC fan I don’t want them to “do a Marvel” the thought of Batman running a film with “bantz” like Iron Man is ridiculous. I do however expect the people making it to understand the characters. Marvel have that at the moment and good look to them. I bailed out after the 2nd Avengers because a) I’m not particularly fussed over the characters despite the first round of films being very watchable and b) it’s predictable from Iron Man 3, Thor3, Captain America 3 etc on.

Pity chuckles at DC are so wide of the mark. I would hold up 5 Batman films, 2 Superman films and a Wonder Woman film as far better than the cutesy offerings of anything Marvel have done.

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:21 pm »
Funny how people are so tribal over film studios ..jeez
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: November 17, 2017, 09:44:07 pm »
Funny how people are so tribal over film studios ..jeez

DC and Marvel aren’t and will never be a film studio.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:47:43 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: November 17, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »
But we already have the "not taking it seriously" movies, why not have the other side? There's quips (IMO too many) in JL but they're not going to let someone run roughshod over the movie like RDJ does, nor are they going to have everyone eating Shwarma surrounded by thousands of dead people.

Well I mean they might. Whedon is probably running things now.

I think you've already made your mind up about this one, as most seem to. You'll be looking for the shit things in it. I do the same thing, so I know how it is. I just really don't think Justice League is worse than Thor 2, or Avengers 2, or Iron Man 2/3 etc. If you like seeing superheroes fucking up villains it's pretty good.
It's just what's been working. Films follow a trend, and right now Marvel are smashing it. DC tried to go all series and dark, and it failed. I mean, outside of Batman, which that kind of tone suites, what have DC got that could fit that kind of style?

Pity chuckles at DC are so wide of the mark. I would hold up 5 Batman films, 2 Superman films and a Wonder Woman film as far better than the cutesy offerings of anything Marvel have done.

I wouldn't. Maybe one of Nolan's Batman films, and it wouldn't be the one you'd think either.

I'm as jaded as anyone with the amount of Marvel films (comic book in general) there are that all seem to follow the same formula, but they are usually well made and entertaining. Watching any of the recent DC films is akin to downing a full bottle of prozac. Superman was so ridiculously drab and depressing as to go as far as remind us of terrible current and past world affairs such as 9/11 with all the buildings falling, killing everyone in and around them. They can go fuck themselves for that. If I wanted to be reminded of that shit, I'd watch the news, but I don't, so I want a bit of cheer in my comic book fantasy entertainment. The pity chuckle dig was for the Justice League trailers, not DC in general. Facts are, they really are trying hard to "do a Marvel". That started with Suicide Squad trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:39:12 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: November 17, 2017, 11:50:10 pm »
It's just what's been working. Films follow a trend, and right now Marvel are smashing it. DC tried to go all series and dark, and it failed. I mean, outside of Batman, which that kind of tone suites, what have DC got that could fit that kind of style?
I wouldn't. Maybe one of Nolan's Batman films, and it wouldn't be the one you'd think either.

I'm as jaded as anyone with the amount of Marvel films (comic book in general) there are that all seem to follow the same formula, but they are usually well made and entertaining. Watching any of the recent DC films is akin to downing a full bottle of prozac. Superman was so ridiculously drab and depressing as to go as far as remind us of terrible current and past world affairs such as 9/11 with all the buildings falling, killing everyone in and around them. They can go fuck themselves for that. If I wanted to be reminded of that shit, I'd watch the news, but I don't, so I want a bit of cheer in my comic book fantasy entertainment. The pity chuckle dig was for the Justice League trailers, not DC in general. Facts are, they really are trying hard to "do a Marvel". That started with Suicide Squad trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Give over. Your saying the first 2 Superman films, the first 2 Burton Batman’s and the 3 Nolan Batman’s aren’t better than Marvel?

Or are you judging the last decade?

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3290 on: November 18, 2017, 12:30:28 am »
Give over. Your saying the first 2 Superman films, the first 2 Burton Batman’s and the 3 Nolan Batman’s aren’t better than Marvel?

Or are you judging the last decade?
Thought you meant the 3 Nolan films, and the previous one Batman and Superman were in.

Yeah, Burton's first Batman, and Reeve's Superman are great, but a little antiquated now. Different times, though. As I said somewhere in this thread, or somewhere else, you couldn't make those today. I would have prefered to see a solo Affleck Batman film before any of the other shite they've made post TDKR. If they just waited it out for a few years, then made that, it could have been good. Looks like they'r going to have to reboot Batman again after this.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: November 18, 2017, 12:50:07 am »
Thought you meant the 3 Nolan films, and the previous one Batman and Superman were in.

Yeah, Burton's first Batman, and Reeve's Superman are great, but a little antiquated now. Different times, though. As I said somewhere in this thread, or somewhere else, you couldn't make those today. I would have prefered to see a solo Affleck Batman film before any of the other shite they've made post TDKR. If they just waited it out for a few years, then made that, it could have been good. Looks like they'r going to have to reboot Batman again after this.

God no, everything post TDKR is garbage bar Wonder Woman. I might have been too smitten on first watch though, and maybe it’s not that good.

The whole Snyderverse is a travesty.

Batman Returns is amazing

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3292 on: November 18, 2017, 01:35:54 am »
God no, everything post TDKR is garbage bar Wonder Woman. I might have been too smitten on first watch though, and maybe it’s not that good.

The whole Snyderverse is a travesty.

Batman Returns is amazing
Yeah, Batman returns for some reason gets a bit of stick, or isn't as fondly remembered, but it's good. It's more cheesy than the first, but has just the right amount, and it juggles 3 villains at the same time properly. That's if you include Catwoman as being a villain.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:56 am »
Yeah, Batman returns for some reason gets a bit of stick, or isn't as fondly remembered, but it's good. It's more cheesy than the first, but has just the right amount, and it juggles 3 villains at the same time properly. That's if you include Catwoman as being a villain.

Michelle Pffeifers Catwoman isn’t a villain at all. The fact you question if she is makes it better than Marvel ha !

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3294 on: November 18, 2017, 06:56:35 am »
Facts are, they really are trying hard to "do a Marvel". That started with Suicide Squad trying to be Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's the sheer transparency of the shift in tone that makes me laugh about the recent DC movies. They're so slavishly trying to ride those coattails instead of coming up with their own alternative. They made everything grim and dark and have hopefully realised that this was a misstep for many of their characters so are now trying to about turn - but instead just come across as desperate.

And I can't emphasise how risible Suicide Squad was, it was like a movie made by 12 year olds, or at least edited by them. It was laughably awful, and I have low standards quite honestly.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3295 on: November 18, 2017, 07:10:43 am »
It's the sheer transparency of the shift in tone that makes me laugh about the recent DC movies. They're so slavishly trying to ride those coattails instead of coming up with their own alternative. They made everything grim and dark and have hopefully realised that this was a misstep for many of their characters so are now trying to about turn - but instead just come across as desperate.

And I can't emphasise how risible Suicide Squad was, it was like a movie made by 12 year olds, or at least edited by them. It was laughably awful, and I have low standards quite honestly.

It's still grim and dark, now they quip a bunch. It's halfway between "oh shit people are dying" in BVS and "New York collapsed let's all get Shwarma". But thats what happens when everyone shits all over your movie for being too dark.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: November 18, 2017, 08:50:17 am »
It's still grim and dark, now they quip a bunch. It's halfway between "oh shit people are dying" in BVS and "New York collapsed let's all get Shwarma". But thats what happens when everyone shits all over your movie for being too dark.

What are the box office signs for Justice League? If enough people stay away will they take notice?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3297 on: November 18, 2017, 09:33:43 am »
What are the box office signs for Justice League? If enough people stay away will they take notice?

If enough people stay awake they might
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: November 18, 2017, 09:48:55 am »
If enough people stay awake they might

That bad?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: November 18, 2017, 12:01:35 pm »

Pretty poor. Tracking at maybe lower than $100m opening weekend, which would be below both WW and BVS, and also RAGNAROK, and with a poor RT score and most people being a little mixed on it, I cant see it having legs like WW did. It needs to do around $600-700m to be profitable and right now thats looking pretty far off.

I went last night and to be honest its a mess. Its the THOR: THE DARK WORLD of DC movies.

By that I mean obviously its not very good, its forgettable and disposable (which in itself is a massive issue, given this is supposed to be the grand team up film), but also, like TDW, buried within the mess are some good character beats, some fun isolated moments, and a glimmer of hope that in the right hands, there's something here to go with in the future.

More thoughts and spoilers for JL:
Spoiler
The main positive I took was Superman actually being *Superman*. He smiles in just about every scene, he has some cheesy lines, he stops to save civilians, its just Superman. The shift in tone (clearly Whedon led, more on that in a moment) allows this new Superman to shine, and the introduction of colour, brighter lighting and more fun, jokey interactions within the team stop the film being another slog to get through.

Not all of it works, Flashs hyperactivity borders on being too much at times, but having sat through BVS I can forgive them going heavy with it, Cyborg is dull and his CG varies between pretty decent, to PS2 video-game cut scene level throughout the film. Aquaman I'm not 100% on, its a little strange how an actor that large and imposing, seems to have such little charisma behind it. Might be the limited time he had, but wasnt sold on him yet.

Diana is good, although not as much as her solo film, and they lean into her sexuality a little heavier than I liked, the hint at a romance between her and Bruce fell flat for me.

When its at its worse, the film looks almost unfinished. The action is ugly, incoherent noise, Steppenwolf is dull, unimposing garbage, Bruce doesnt feel like Bruce, and the CGI lip they had to put onto Superman is the most distracting thing I've seen in years. Its in the first shot of the film and I spent the rest of the time solely watching it move, fascinated how a THREE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR FILM could end up with an effect that bad, on its biggest hero.

Ok, on that, the reason it looks bad is because of the Whedon reshoots, and that whole deal is double edged sword. It looks bad, as do a lot of the clearly very extensive, and rushed reshoots, but in my opinion what Whedon did pretty much save this film from being a SUICIDE SQUAD level garbage fire.

WB say Whedon shot about 20% additional footage, and I think that is flat out bullshit. Its clear he shot massive amounts of this, and considerably changed the story, tone, character beats and in the case of Superman, basically his entire story. I think there are maybe two shots of Snyder-directed Superman in the film, and EVERYTHING ELSE is Joss. And to be honest, thank god for that. Theres rumours that Snyder wanted Supes to be "evil" for the majority of the film, until the very end when he snaps out of his confusion, but given WB demanded this be under 2 hours, its clear they cut basically everything, and had Joss just shoot it all his way. You can tell by the upper lip CG (I desperately want a "moustache cut" of this film on the blu-ray, where they just leave it in unexplained), but also because Joss' Superman has *heart*. A proper, beating, "truth, justice and the American way" SOUL. Its cheesy, and clearly the big time Snyder fans are a little embarrassed of it, but for me its perfect and went a long, long way to me almost enjoying this film.
[close]

So, yeah, JUSTICE LEAGUE is a mess. Its stupidly rushed, poorly mashed together, tonally jarring at points, ugly to look at and has serious flaws throughout. But... look up in the sky. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its hope. Hope for a brighter, more heartfelt DC future.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: November 18, 2017, 12:11:40 pm »
It's funny seeing people say this is at least better than Age of Ultron 2 and Iron Man 2 and the like when in reality a Justice League movie should be on par with the Avengers Assemble or Captain America: Winter Soldier to be honest.

Talk about expectations lowered considerably.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: November 18, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »
Pretty poor. Tracking at maybe lower than $100m opening weekend, which would be below both WW and BVS, and also RAGNAROK, and with a poor RT score and most people being a little mixed on it, I cant see it having legs like WW did. It needs to do around $600-700m to be profitable and right now thats looking pretty far off.

I went last night and to be honest its a mess. Its the THOR: THE DARK WORLD of DC movies.

By that I mean obviously its not very good, its forgettable and disposable (which in itself is a massive issue, given this is supposed to be the grand team up film), but also, like TDW, buried within the mess are some good character beats, some fun isolated moments, and a glimmer of hope that in the right hands, there's something here to go with in the future.

More thoughts and spoilers for JL:
Spoiler
The main positive I took was Superman actually being *Superman*. He smiles in just about every scene, he has some cheesy lines, he stops to save civilians, its just Superman. The shift in tone (clearly Whedon led, more on that in a moment) allows this new Superman to shine, and the introduction of colour, brighter lighting and more fun, jokey interactions within the team stop the film being another slog to get through.

Not all of it works, Flashs hyperactivity borders on being too much at times, but having sat through BVS I can forgive them going heavy with it, Cyborg is dull and his CG varies between pretty decent, to PS2 video-game cut scene level throughout the film. Aquaman I'm not 100% on, its a little strange how an actor that large and imposing, seems to have such little charisma behind it. Might be the limited time he had, but wasnt sold on him yet.

Diana is good, although not as much as her solo film, and they lean into her sexuality a little heavier than I liked, the hint at a romance between her and Bruce fell flat for me.

When its at its worse, the film looks almost unfinished. The action is ugly, incoherent noise, Steppenwolf is dull, unimposing garbage, Bruce doesnt feel like Bruce, and the CGI lip they had to put onto Superman is the most distracting thing I've seen in years. Its in the first shot of the film and I spent the rest of the time solely watching it move, fascinated how a THREE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLAR FILM could end up with an effect that bad, on its biggest hero.

Ok, on that, the reason it looks bad is because of the Whedon reshoots, and that whole deal is double edged sword. It looks bad, as do a lot of the clearly very extensive, and rushed reshoots, but in my opinion what Whedon did pretty much save this film from being a SUICIDE SQUAD level garbage fire.

WB say Whedon shot about 20% additional footage, and I think that is flat out bullshit. Its clear he shot massive amounts of this, and considerably changed the story, tone, character beats and in the case of Superman, basically his entire story. I think there are maybe two shots of Snyder-directed Superman in the film, and EVERYTHING ELSE is Joss. And to be honest, thank god for that. Theres rumours that Snyder wanted Supes to be "evil" for the majority of the film, until the very end when he snaps out of his confusion, but given WB demanded this be under 2 hours, its clear they cut basically everything, and had Joss just shoot it all his way. You can tell by the upper lip CG (I desperately want a "moustache cut" of this film on the blu-ray, where they just leave it in unexplained), but also because Joss' Superman has *heart*. A proper, beating, "truth, justice and the American way" SOUL. Its cheesy, and clearly the big time Snyder fans are a little embarrassed of it, but for me its perfect and went a long, long way to me almost enjoying this film.
[close]

So, yeah, JUSTICE LEAGUE is a mess. Its stupidly rushed, poorly mashed together, tonally jarring at points, ugly to look at and has serious flaws throughout. But... look up in the sky. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, its hope. Hope for a brighter, more heartfelt DC future.

I look at it as eventually this strand of Batman wil be over. Quite frankly his apathy doesn’t sit right. One minute he’s directing a film, next not.

Get Bale back. He loved the role

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: November 18, 2017, 01:29:34 pm »
I look at it as eventually this strand of Batman wil be over. Quite frankly his apathy doesn’t sit right. One minute he’s directing a film, next not.

Get Bale back. He loved the role

I think Affleck is all but out the door now, might have been projecting but his heart didnt seem in this film at all, and I think he'll step away and let someone else come in for the Matt Reeves film, and any JL films going forward. Rumours of Jake Gyllenhaal are swirling, which could be fascinating.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3303 on: November 18, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »
Watched JL last night via a watchable cam copy.

I didn't think it would be possible, but Snyder has managed to make a film that makes BvS look like a masterpiece in retrospect. I felt like I needed to get drunk after viewing it. I could go into one about why I found it to be as bad as it was, but it's not really worth the effort. It was the film equivalent of taking very basic ingredients to make a basic, yet very bland, dish with, chucking it in a blender, and then serving the generic slop to punters. Putrefied shite.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: November 18, 2017, 04:07:53 pm »
It's funny seeing people say this is at least better than Age of Ultron 2 and Iron Man 2 and the like when in reality a Justice League movie should be on par with the Avengers Assemble or Captain America: Winter Soldier to be honest.

Talk about expectations lowered considerably.

You've missed the point spectacularly here.

I didn't think it would be possible, but Snyder has managed to make a film that makes BvS look like a masterpiece in retrospect. I felt like I needed to get drunk after viewing it. I could go into one about why I found it to be as bad as it was, but it's not really worth the effort. It was the film equivalent of taking very basic ingredients to make a basic, yet very bland, dish with, chucking it in a blender, and then serving the generic slop to punters. Putrefied shite.

Nah.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: November 18, 2017, 04:52:12 pm »
You've missed the point spectacularly here.

Nah.

Do you work for DC? You don't half take it all to heart ya big fanny  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3306 on: November 18, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »
Do you work for DC? You don't half take it all to heart ya big fanny  ;D

Haha no (if I did I'd cast myself as Batman obviously) but the point isn't that it's "better than AoU" it's that it's "better than AoU but somehow has a way worse rating on RT".

Like I said there's something iffy about these critic reviews. The public reviews have it around the 75-80% mark. I can buy that much more than 38% or wherever it is now.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3307 on: November 18, 2017, 06:07:21 pm »

Firstly why watch it? Secondly a cam viewing? You were pre disposed to not like it

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3308 on: November 18, 2017, 10:16:25 pm »
Give it a 6 out of 10. Kept showing signs of potential but then missing out on realising it. Rather flat ending too. Meh

Edit. After sleeping on it it's worse than I originally thought, I'd give it a 5. I'd seemingly forgotten about alot of the terrible parts that were so bad they were funny. There's only a single moment in the whole film that was memorable with the flash and another character (won't spoil anything). Hopefully the extended version will improve it like it did for bvs.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:28:08 am by WillG.LFC »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3309 on: November 19, 2017, 12:02:49 am »
Seen it tonight. Enjoyed it. Didn't expect a lot going into it but was a lot better than I'd prepared for. I was expecting Batman v Superman levels of shite so clearly wasn't expecting much.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: November 19, 2017, 12:04:37 am »
Thought it was alright. Definitely had potential to be much better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1s5ElKmQm4&t=782s
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3311 on: November 19, 2017, 12:35:24 am »
Firstly why watch it? Secondly a cam viewing? You were pre disposed to not like it
Watched it because I wanted to; and no, I'm never predisposed to not liking anything. I was finding it OK up until the half hour mark on the dot when the film suddenly dropped off a cliff because that's usually when a film gets going and has to find its footing, which this just failed to do. I'm not sure why its so difficult for others to accept that some people will find something is just shit. Not for the sake of hating, but for the fact that it's just a genuinely bad film, coming for a proven track record of shitness from most involved with it. The worst thing about JL is that it took a relatively generic, boring, but hard to fuck up formula, and still managed to make a dog's dinner of it thanks to Snyder's direction and terrible, god awful writing and annoying as fuck characters like The Flash. Any time he was on screen, I wanted to punch him. Him and his shit quipes. Oh, and  Lois Lane's super power must be showing up at convenient times for when the plot needs her. This film even managed to take the best thing about Affleck's Batman from BvS and dismantle it. At least we got a couple of cool action sequences from him in that film.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: November 19, 2017, 01:16:29 am »
Watched it because I wanted to; and no, I'm never predisposed to not liking anything. I was finding it OK up until the half hour mark on the dot when the film suddenly dropped off a cliff because that's usually when a film gets going and has to find its footing, which this just failed to do. I'm not sure why its so difficult for others to accept that some people will find something is just shit. Not for the sake of hating, but for the fact that it's just a genuinely bad film, coming for a proven track record of shitness from most involved with it. The worst thing about JL is that it took a relatively generic, boring, but hard to fuck up formula, and still managed to make a dog's dinner of it thanks to Snyder's direction and terrible, god awful writing and annoying as fuck characters like The Flash. Any time he was on screen, I wanted to punch him. Him and his shit quipes. Oh, and  Lois Lane's super power must be showing up at convenient times for when the plot needs her. This film even managed to take the best thing about Affleck's Batman from BvS and dismantle it. At least we got a couple of cool action sequences from him in that film.

What I'm getting from this is that it needed more shwarma

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3313 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:12 am »
What I'm getting from this is that it needed more shwarma
What is shwarma? Without Googling it, is it kebab? I think it's kebab.

You've made me hungry now.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3314 on: November 19, 2017, 03:53:08 am »
What is shwarma? Without Googling it, is it kebab? I think it's kebab.

You've made me hungry now.

It's good food, not quite a kebab as I understand it but similar.

But it's from the end of the first Avenger movie. Stark flies the nuke through the portal, falls back, gets KOed and Hulk catches him. He wakes up and hilariously asks everyone about Shwarma. Then post credits, they all eat shwarma hilariously. It's just so hilarious! New York is fucked, people are dead but hahaha shwarma!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3315 on: November 19, 2017, 06:07:05 am »

But it's from the end of the first Avenger movie. Stark flies the nuke through the portal, falls back, gets KOed and Hulk catches him. He wakes up and hilariously asks everyone about Shwarma. Then post credits, they all eat shwarma hilariously. It's just so hilarious! New York is fucked, people are dead but hahaha shwarma!

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3316 on: November 19, 2017, 06:46:00 am »

If you're going to use an ancient meme, at least use the Curb version of it.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3317 on: November 19, 2017, 10:46:08 am »

I think the Martha thing from BvS is worse than Shwarma.

It's like me having a fight with someone in town and then as I'm about to knock them out the lad says to me "Wait! My mums name is Kate" and I go "Oh shit! Mine too! Let's team up and go for a bevvy."
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 10:48:16 am by AndyMuller »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #3318 on: November 19, 2017, 03:43:18 pm »
If you’re going to use a aggregate critics score website, use metacritic. They actually take into account neutral reviews, it’s not just fresh/rotten. Almost every film has a lower rating than on RT, but this one is actually a bit higher.

I liked all the characters myself and it was the films strong point. The plot was meh. Cavill’s top lip didn’t bother me as much as Steppenwolf’s CG, it was garbage.

Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #3319 on: November 19, 2017, 04:08:29 pm »
Is that really the bad guys name? I keep singing Magic Carpet Ride :/