Author Topic: The Walking Dead  (Read 388005 times)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Re: The Walking Dead
« Reply #4800 on: November 29, 2017, 06:46:01 pm »
“Babygirl, you’re not going to use that thing?”

Oh, Rosita, where have you been?

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4801 on: November 29, 2017, 07:18:02 pm »
No suprise that when they stop focusing on the shoot outs and focus more on character development, the show improves.

Zombies had some threat again aswell....some.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4802 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:22 am »
Two back to back good episodes.

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #4803 on: November 30, 2017, 06:41:58 pm »
Best episode of the season...
problem I have with the show is the main characters (rick and Darryl especially) have stagnated. They have stopped developing. The same could be said for the entire show but I find the lead roles boring.

Neagan is fine yet apart from his odd pantomime villain snippet, he isn’t used well enough.

The zombies need to upgrade as well. You felt in the first few seasons that if anyone got caught in a mass horde of zombies, they were in real danger. Now people seem to be able to skip past them, unless the writers are killing them off and then the zombies find speed like Salah.

More battles are needed. More dialogue that isn’t just braveheart cliches and more drama!!
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4804 on: December 3, 2017, 02:37:39 pm »
So was that rick locked up at the end
cyas

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4805 on: December 3, 2017, 03:05:04 pm »
So was that rick locked up at the end

Naked.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4806 on: December 3, 2017, 06:10:46 pm »
Why do the garbage pail kids all talk like Yoda?

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4807 on: December 3, 2017, 06:41:22 pm »
I got bored during season 4 but I'm never going to bash this series. It made me feel very uncomfortable, especially during the first two seasons. There was this feeling that anyone could die at any given moment and the suspense was killing me.
Quality series.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4808 on: December 3, 2017, 06:52:14 pm »
I got bored during season 4 but I'm never going to bash this series. It made me feel very uncomfortable, especially during the first two seasons. There was this feeling that anyone could die at any given moment and the suspense was killing me.
Quality series.
You should jump right in to it now. They're all running about in spandex with capes headbutting zombies.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4809 on: December 5, 2017, 02:05:11 pm »
So let down by the poor writers now. They need to change the plot completely. Go find a cure for this disease. Do something, anything. Just not more rival human gangs.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4810 on: December 5, 2017, 03:33:46 pm »
What is Daryl playing at?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4811 on: December 5, 2017, 03:39:58 pm »
What is Daryl playing at?

Cribbage?

God it's painful to watch at the moment.  Even my eldest who has just watched the whole lot from episode 1 (again) over the last 6 weeks or so is finding it hard going.

Offline Andy_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #4812 on: December 5, 2017, 04:37:32 pm »
I watched the first 5 seasons religiously and then lost the will to carry on sometime in Alexandria.  I was flicking through channels the other night and spend a few minutes watching Rick with a zombie head on a stick with his hands tied together, battering a group of armed captors or something - all in his pants.  This apparently won him his freedom, or something.  It was so cartoonish, slapstick even.  Are they even attempting to portray this as a serious show anymore? 

I know its about zombies and its not real etc etc, but the early seasons were dark and the menace of the threat was palpable.  Now the zombies are props in a soap opera full of crap actors reading a shitty script.  My brief look in to the current season did not convince me to catch up, shall we say.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4813 on: December 5, 2017, 04:43:27 pm »
It’s certainly been a long time since scenes like this one...

https://youtu.be/Gs7O1vSBFC8

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #4814 on: December 6, 2017, 12:31:18 am »
Still shite I see, glad I ditched this but so disappointed at the same time. Invested a lot of time in it and go no pay off. Feel sorry for those still watching as you won't be getting a pay off either, and you'll have wasted even more time than I did.

The show honestly needs to stop or go back and few seasons and start from there again, forget the shit on a shit they've been offering lately ever happened.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4815 on: December 6, 2017, 01:28:29 am »
It's currently got two of the worst characters in a TV show on TV at the moment, and probably ever.

Eugene is just insufferable to watch. The way he talks, acts and looks. And then there's the garbage pail lady who wants to bang Rick, then sculpt his man junk to add to her junk collection in the junkyard, and talks like Yoda.

It's just...I don't even...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #4816 on: December 6, 2017, 01:36:19 am »
Its always had bad actors.Its basically Hollyoaks directed by Ed Wood

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4817 on: December 6, 2017, 07:25:30 am »
It’s certainly been a long time since scenes like this one...

https://youtu.be/Gs7O1vSBFC8

That actually pissed me off watching that. It used to be so good.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #4818 on: December 6, 2017, 08:07:31 am »
That actually pissed me off watching that. It used to be so good.

Watching that scene made me realise how few of the original cast is left. Think that's part of the reason why it's gone shit (only part of the reason mind). They've done a terrible job of making us give a shit about the newer characters once the old ones have been killed off.

It's why when they do episodes like this one that was focused on fucking Eugene of all people I find myself bored shitless and just waiting for it to be over. Because I really just don't care about Eugene, or the likes of Tara, or Ezekiel or Gabriel.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4819 on: December 6, 2017, 08:36:51 am »
I thought that was a decent episode myself:)

Eugene is such a weird character though; he surely must have a
gruesome death soon.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4820 on: December 6, 2017, 09:40:59 am »
They've done a terrible job of making us give a shit about the newer characters once the old ones have been killed off.

Do many shows actually succeed at this though? It's human nature, when something is created you forge a natural bond with the original characters. Everything that comes after that is always up against it to win you over. People said the same about Skins, for example, even though some of the second generation were actually quite cool characters.

It's the same with loads of things in life really.

I thought it was an alright episode as well, I just can't see the logic behind Daryl and Tara's thinking and they've done a bad job of explaining it.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4821 on: December 6, 2017, 10:02:39 am »
Do many shows actually succeed at this though?

The good ones do.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4822 on: December 6, 2017, 10:09:27 am »
The good ones do.

Like?

What shows actually kill the main characters off as often as TWD has? Arguably Game of Thrones, but that has about 20 'main' characters anyway.

They've done a good job with some characters, and a bad job with others. Same as most shows.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 10:11:21 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4823 on: December 6, 2017, 10:23:22 am »
Like?

What shows actually kill the main characters off as often as TWD has? Arguably Game of Thrones, but that has about 20 'main' characters anyway.

They've done a good job with some characters, and a bad job with others. Same as most shows.

Game of Thrones, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad. All shows that have introduced compelling characters in later seasons.

I don't remember being sat watching the kids in S4 of The Wire and thinking "wish these would fuck off so we can get back to McNulty and co."

I'm curious, which characters do you think they've done a good job with that have been introduced since Season 3?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4824 on: December 6, 2017, 12:44:19 pm »
Like?

Yeah Sopranos certainly did as well, Breaking Bad did too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4825 on: December 6, 2017, 01:12:47 pm »
Game of Thrones, The Wire, The Sopranos, Breaking Bad. All shows that have introduced compelling characters in later seasons.

I don't remember being sat watching the kids in S4 of The Wire and thinking "wish these would fuck off so we can get back to McNulty and co."

I'm curious, which characters do you think they've done a good job with that have been introduced since Season 3?

They weren't bringing in new main characters though. By and large they stayed the same. (Have never watched the Sopranos so can't comment on that.) They'd introduce new 'bad guys' like The Governor and Negan. Saul and Mike were season 2 I think, after that I'm not sure you could say a main character was introduced. People moaned about characters like Todd and Lydia. It happens to every show.

I would say they've done an okay job with Gabriel, Rosita, Abraham, Sasha and Eugene, although I wish he'd stop mumbling as it's somewhat ruining his heel turn. Tara, Tyreece, and The Alexandria & Hilltop lot were done poorly and Ezekiel is hit & miss. Michonne, The Governor, Negan, Dwight, Simon and the return of Morgan have been very good.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 01:29:13 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4826 on: December 6, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »
I should qualify the above post by saying The Wire and Breaking Bad are both far better shows than The Walking Dead. But the writing in this show has never even been close to those sort of shows, so it feels strange to criticise & compare it eight season down the line.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 01:30:46 pm by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #4827 on: December 6, 2017, 02:04:16 pm »
Its always had bad actors.Its basically Hollyoaks directed by Ed Wood

Don't disrespect Ed Wood!

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #4828 on: December 6, 2017, 02:04:46 pm »
 ;D

...er just to clarify I wasn't laughing at the attempt at humour in the post above mine.

:)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2017, 02:07:57 pm by Timbo's Goals »

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4829 on: December 6, 2017, 04:02:58 pm »
I should qualify the above post by saying The Wire and Breaking Bad are both far better shows than The Walking Dead. But the writing in this show has never even been close to those sort of shows, so it feels strange to criticise & compare it eight season down the line.

Yeah TWD is not one of the great shows. But the subject matter is fun and it has a good budget. I watch it now but really don't see how it goes on the many more seasons like the show-runners want it to.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4830 on: December 6, 2017, 07:10:20 pm »
There needs to be a brand new and compelling enough element introduced to it and soon. No one mentioned, or forgot about the helicopter flying past Rick an episode or so ago. Hopefully that's something. FTWD is a superior show now with better characters in it. Its a cert the two will intersect at some stage to drag it out more.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4831 on: December 6, 2017, 07:16:41 pm »
There needs to be a brand new and compelling enough element introduced to it and soon. No one mentioned, or forgot about the helicopter flying past Rick an episode or so ago. Hopefully that's something. FTWD is a superior show now with better characters in it. Its a cert the two will intersect at some stage to drag it out more.

Already happening with Morgan crossing over to FTWD.

Admittedly, I've never seen an episode of FTWD but my interest has been peaked lately.

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #4832 on: December 7, 2017, 05:59:41 am »

Admittedly, I've never seen an episode of FTWD but my interest has been peaked lately.

I couldn’t get into FTWD at first, but now it’s much more fun to watch than TWD. The characters have been developed better, and occasionally you find a scene that carries tension. TWD and 99% of its characters have stagnated so much that it’s becoming difficult to sit through an episode of it without finding myself getting annoyed with the slow pace of it all.

I mean, Daryl, Rik and his missus, Jesus, and just about everyone else seem bored. They used to be kick ass but now, when shit is about to go down, one of them stands up and tells the rest that they can’t go ahead with the plan because of moral issues...I have no idea what the point of this season is.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4833 on: December 7, 2017, 10:32:18 am »
FTWD is a superior show now with better characters in it.

Now that's something I never thought I'd agree with , but said exactly the same a few weeks ago.I'd actually stopped watching FWTD a while ago , but for some reason recently decided to give it a go again.

TWD needs a good kick up the arse to get things fresh again .. and somebody please finish off mullet head . Haven't got a fucking clue what he's mumbling about .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4834 on: December 7, 2017, 10:37:38 am »
Now that's something I never thought I'd agree with , but said exactly the same a few weeks ago.I'd actually stopped watching FWTD a while ago , but for some reason recently decided to give it a go again.

TWD needs a good kick up the arse to get things fresh again .. and somebody please finish off mullet head . Haven't got a fucking clue what he's mumbling about .

I'm honestly pretty lost about who is where and who is on what side. From what I can make out, the 14th century dreadlock king is at the kingdom with about three other people and everyone else got wiped out, Rick is in a storage unit naked with the garbage pail kids, Negan is back at the Sanctuary (?). And he's back at the Sanctuary after being just outside the Sanctuary for ages in a trailer with the vicar...? Fuck knows, its a big medieval mess.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #4835 on: December 7, 2017, 11:00:23 am »
They’re a pack of boring bastards

Kill ‘em all Negan

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4836 on: December 7, 2017, 03:03:12 pm »
I couldn’t get into FTWD at first, but now it’s much more fun to watch than TWD. The characters have been developed better, and occasionally you find a scene that carries tension. TWD and 99% of its characters have stagnated so much that it’s becoming difficult to sit through an episode of it without finding myself getting annoyed with the slow pace of it all.

I mean, Daryl, Rik and his missus, Jesus, and just about everyone else seem bored. They used to be kick ass but now, when shit is about to go down, one of them stands up and tells the rest that they can’t go ahead with the plan because of moral issues...I have no idea what the point of this season is.

FTWD have introduced elements such as trading posts, utilities being seized and maintained, etc, which gives it a bigger world than just a few groups of survivalists fighting over tins of beans and bullets.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4837 on: December 7, 2017, 10:51:32 pm »

I much prefer FTWD now.

I cannot stand Negen, both the character and the portrayal of him by JDM, so I've gone right off TWD. I still watch it though cos my other half is still a big fan.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4838 on: December 7, 2017, 10:58:37 pm »

That's stupid sending morgan to FTWD.

They are going to Houston now and Abraham's character comes from there.

Baffling.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4839 on: December 7, 2017, 11:17:17 pm »
I much prefer FTWD now.

I cannot stand Negen, both the character and the portrayal of him by JDM, so I've gone right off TWD. I still watch it though cos my other half is still a big fan.

Same here,much better stories and in most cases better acting as well.I am at the stage where I am watching TWD now just because I have invested so much time into it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill