Author Topic: The Hobbit  (Read 107500 times)

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
Re: The Hobbit
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2008, 01:56:44 pm »

:P
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2008, 11:59:24 am »
Just saw Pan's Labyrinth (late I know).

Now I'm convinced he'd be an excellent choice to helm The Hobbit.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
  • Does anybody wanna buy a country?
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 07:28:41 pm »
John Rhys-Davies has ruled out starring as a Dwarf in The Hobbit...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/42916

John Rhys-Davies Ain't In THE HOBBIT!? At Least Not As A Dwarf...

Merrick here...

John Rhys-Davies (Gimli in the LORD OF THE RINGS films) spoke to Empire about whether or not he would be returning to the Tolkienverse for THE HOBBIT. Gimli doesn't appear in THE HOBBIT, but his dad does, as do other reps of his Dwarf race. While a little disappointing, Rhys-Davies' answer is also understandable.

"I've already been asked and to be honest with you, I wouldn't. I have already completely ruled it out. There's a sentimental part of me that would love to be involved again. Really I am not sure my face can take that sort of punishment any more."
    [EDIT]
    But the production did ask if he'd be interested in returning.

"It was just a gentle "What would you feel about putting it on again?" But no. I'd be interested in trying to create a different type of persona within... the thing. That is challenging as an actor. I'd really prefer to play something quite different. Maybe an Elf. They've got a different set of problems with The Hobbit because you've got 13 dwarves, a whole band of them... You're trying to represent a whole race... You're trying to do for dwarves what The Lord of the Rings did for hobbits. "

...says Rhys-Davies HERE.

So, just because he won't be a Dwarf doesn't mean they couldn't squeeze him into a different role, no? Would be kinda cool to see as many of the old gang back as possible, even through re-purposed casting.

"My country is the world, and my religion to do good." (Thomas Paine)

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 07:54:18 pm »
So, just because he won't be a Dwarf doesn't mean they couldn't squeeze him into a different role, no? Would be kinda cool to see as many of the old gang back as possible, even through re-purposed casting.

Agreed. Will Elrond still be played by Agent Smith? Ian McKellen is starring as Gandalf again. That's good.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2009, 08:18:59 pm »

"I've already been asked and to be honest with you, I wouldn't. I have already completely ruled it out. There's a sentimental part of me that would love to be involved again. Really I am not sure my face can take that sort of punishment any more."

Can't blame him really. He was actually allergic to the make-up he had to wear for LotR, so it's understandable he wouldn't want to go through that again.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2009, 08:25:50 pm »
Is Ian Holm (?) playing Bilbo?

Oh, and I'm made up Jackson isn't directing. Hopefully less shitty helicopter panning shots and cliched voiceovers. Although as he's writing, I'm not holding my breath.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 08:29:27 pm by RedFerLife »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2009, 10:20:58 am »
Make of this what you will...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43376

"Ack!! Here's A Semi-Substantiated Casting rumour For Bilbo In THE HOBBIT!!

Merrick here...

The Latino Review folks have word on someone who is at least in discussion to play Bilbo in Guillermo's HOBBIT movies.

It's Tobey Maguire!?!?!?!?!?

I checked with agency sources and yep, it’s true!

Apparently, we’re in the early stages of talks between CAA and the producers of the Hobbit film for Tobey to topline the film as Bilbo Baggins!

Again, right now it’s that – just dialogue taking place between the respective parties.

Tobey hasn’t been cast and an offer hasn’t been made. It’s just talks.

...says LR's El Mayimbe HERE."

« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:22:48 am by litliper »

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2009, 11:21:33 am »
Already been officially denied by his publicist.

Hobbit Rumor Denied: That was fast! Latino Review’s sources claimed that Tobey Maguire was in talks to play Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit, but Maguire’s camp refutes the rumor. “This is false!” Maguire’s publicist Kelly Bush emphatically (and exclusively) told Movieline, eschewing the potential wiggle room of a simple “no comment at this time.” Perhaps Maguire won’t get to wander Middle Earth next summer, but on the bright side, at least he won’t have to cut short his flight time with John Malkovich.

http://www.movieline.com/2009/12/hobbit-rumor-denied.php
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline matchyg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2009, 11:25:37 am »
I liked Pan's Labyrinth. Magical surrealism is one of my favourite genres. I hope more of these movies are made.
As above, so below.  As within, so without.
Magna est veritas et prevalebit

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 11:32:57 am »
Richard Kiel's camp are also refuting the rumour of Richard taking the starring role in the big screen adaptation of the Tolkein classic.

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2009, 01:07:03 pm »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2009, 01:11:46 pm »
Richard Kiel's camp are also refuting the rumour of Richard taking the starring role in the big screen adaptation of the Tolkein classic.

Damn!  He'd be perfect for the role. 

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2009, 12:59:30 am »
Disagree with this director being a bad choice. I personally think he's an excellent choice and in some ways could actually be better than Jackson's vision. You only need to look at film like Pans Labyrinth and Hell Boy 2 to realize that he's a very talented visual director.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2009, 01:59:32 am »
He couldn't do worse than Jackson, for sure.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 6, 2010, 01:20:50 pm »
Well King Dick your worst nightmare has been realised it seems.

Peter Jackson has been confirmed as director of The Hobbit. I personally like that idea.

The bit I don't like... it will be shot in 3D.

There's been a lot of talk surrounding The Hobbit recently, most of it simply rumors and speculation, but today it seems we have some official information as Deadline reports Peter Jackson will be directing both the first installment of The Hobbit as well as the subsequent untitled sequel. Jackson was first rumored to be in talks to direct the two films back in June following Guillermo del Toro's departure from the director's chair the month prior.

Deadline's Mike Fleming adds that Warner Bros and MGM have set a December 2012 and December 2013 release pattern for the two films, replicating the release pattern of the original Lord of the Rings features with production expected to begin in January 2011. Even more importantly, all the rumblings concerning the two Hobbit films being shot in 3D were recently confirmed by the New York Times. The two-picture shoot is expected to cost around $500 million.

Fleming speculates as to whether or not the decision to shoot The Hobbit in 3D will inspire Warner Bros. to return to the Lord of the Rings trilogy and, in line with the recent announcement the Star Wars films will undergo lengthy 2D-to-3D conversions, convert the original Rings films as well.

Of course, all of this is news because MGM is down in the dumps and can't even afford to release their own movies (Red Dawn, Cabin in the Woods) let alone make new ones. As a result, Fleming says Warner Bros. may end up having to fund the entire Hobbit project unless a third party steps in. Fleming also says it looks like MGM may be stripped down to the point the James Bond franchise will be up for grabs with Warner Bros, Fox and Sony Pictures eying 007, but Fleming adds he hears "Paramount stands a good chance" as well.

For now, it would seem the next three months will be filled with Hobbit casting news and rumors if production is really expected to begin in January. That, however, brings up the recent dust up concerning actors' unions getting in a huff and urging members not to work on The Hobbit, citing the production as a "non-union" show. Peter Jackson, himself, issued a lengthy retort of which I have such little interest I can't even be compelled to begin reading.

As far as casting goes, Ian McKellen is expected to return as Gandalf and Martin Freeman has been rumored in the past as the first choice to play Bilbo Baggins. The film is based on J. R. R. Tolkien's novel "The Hobbit; or There and Back Again" and will tell the story of tiny, furry-footed Bilbo and his adventures in Middle-earth, which ultimately served as the prelude to Tolkien's epic "The Lord of the Rings", which was published in three volumes during the 1950s. These novels are perhaps the most beloved works of fantasy in the twentieth century.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article/peter-jackson-confirmed-as-hobbit-director-and-film-will-be-shot-in-3d

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: October 6, 2010, 03:52:58 pm »
3D? Hope they don't mess it up.

Good to hear some news; I thought it was dead.
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #56 on: October 6, 2010, 05:26:07 pm »
I assume there will be a 2D version for those of us who don't like gimics?
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 6, 2010, 10:44:50 pm »

The Hobbit's basically a fairy tale for children FFS. Not expecting much anyway.
I always got the impression that The Hobbit was a little darker than to be just for children. There's some chapters in there (which I can't remember specifically) that are a little bit dark for a childrens novel. The part where they visit the cabin with the Orc's head skewed on a spike outside it, and how it's owner is a shape shifter that changes into a bear, I think. I thought that whole chapter was a little eerie. There's also that chapter with the spiders and the one with the goblins. It's been years since I read it.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2010, 10:49:26 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: October 6, 2010, 11:38:27 pm »
Fucking he'll. Endless voiceovers with helicopter shots in 3d. I cannot wait.

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 6, 2010, 11:55:09 pm »
FFS why does everything have to be in 3d now?
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: October 7, 2010, 02:41:59 am »
I really don't know if Jackson doing it is a good idea now, he didn't want to at first and he seemed kind of exhausted with Hobbits after spending about ten years on the other films. If he's not 100% into it he should give it to someone else, it's such a shame that Del Toro had to bail.

As good as the trilogy was, I'm also sort of uninterested in this. There is hardly a massive clamour for this, maybe putting off for a few more years would be better for everyone?

Is there really enough in the book for two films, I thought it was only about 100 pages?
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: October 7, 2010, 02:53:59 am »
I really don't know if Jackson doing it is a good idea now, he didn't want to at first and he seemed kind of exhausted with Hobbits after spending about ten years on the other films. If he's not 100% into it he should give it to someone else, it's such a shame that Del Toro had to bail.

As good as the trilogy was, I'm also sort of uninterested in this. There is hardly a massive clamour for this, maybe putting off for a few more years would be better for everyone?

Is there really enough in the book for two films, I thought it was only about 100 pages?
No it's a novel, 500 pages or more.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #62 on: October 7, 2010, 03:44:49 am »
Its going to expand on things which happen off screen, as it where, in the Hobbit, but are relevant to the story and also to the wider and later story of LOTR. Alot of which can be read in the appendices of LOTR
In the timeline - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Arda#Third_Age
2850 - Gandalf enters Dol Guldur and confirms that the evil thereby found is indeed Sauron returned (I think this is when he find Thain in the dungeons off his head and takes from him the map and the key, which he later gives to Thorin, which is what Bilbo & the dwarves use to sneak back into the lonely mountain)
July, 2941 - Bilbo Baggins obtains the One Ring; the White Council drives Sauron out of Dol Guldur (pretty sure the attack on Dol Guldur takes place while the dwarves are getting captured by the spiders and then held prisoner the elves. They are held for quite a while a good few weeks at least if memory serves)

There is scope to show things, such as the white council meetings, because it has bearing on LOTR and shows Saruman was already on the turn. I very much doubt Christopher Lee can be persuaded to come back for the part though, given how pissed off he was with his treatment in ROTK. But anyway this what happens with the white council off screen in the Hobbit, but which we could see in some form in a prequel style jazzed up Hobbit -

The Second White Council first met in T.A. 2463 to counter the growing threat from Dol Guldur. Gandalf travelled through Southern Mirkwood in T.A. 2850, and had learned of the identity of the Necromancer, who ruled over Dol Guldur. In T.A. 2851 the White Council met to decide whether to act on Gandalf's discovery, but Saruman dissuaded the others.

When he realized that the One Ring was possibly still in the area of the Gladden Fields and that Sauron was actively seeking it, Saruman relented and in T.A. 2941 Sauron was driven out of Dol Guldur, only to re-appear in Mordor, long prepared for him. This White Council meeting, of late summer T.A. 2941, was also the reason that Gandalf was unable to accompany Bilbo Baggins and the dwarves on a portion of their trip to the Lonely Mountain, in The Hobbit.

The Council last met in T.A. 2953 to discuss Sauron's attempts to find the One Ring. At this meeting Saruman insisted that the One Ring had fallen into the Anduin, and had been swept out to sea. During this meeting there was much tension between Saruman and Gandalf, for Gandalf already suspected Saruman of desiring to possess the One Ring.

As I said in another thread -

I think we can start right now by expecting to follow Gandalf when he buggers off to the white council and they attack Dol Guldur, rather than him just going and having a sneaky look around, as if I remember rightly its one of the reasons that the film was going to be expanded into two films. The film could even start with Gandalf sneaking about Dol Guldur, finding Thrain & getting the map and key, which could create a bookend for some kind of battle or return to Dol Guldur at the end of the first film. I would expect the first film to end with that battle/return, and Bilbo & co imprisoned by Thrandiul. Then the second to go escape from the elves to lake town, do in Smaug and climax with the five armies.

I would also now speculate that the opening of the first film will be a prologue, of maybe how the dwarves came to the Lonely mountain, but almost certainly would guess that it will show Smaug showing up and toasting them and kicking them out of their house, unless they do it in the story, as it was written I think, with them telling Bilbo and showing it in flashback.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #63 on: October 7, 2010, 10:24:03 am »
i actually love the whole world Tolkein created which the Lord Of The Rings is set in, from the beginning of time and the first age till the final war (which is the Lord Of the Rings) in the third age. The Silmarillions is very good, of course most of the lore in the history of middle earth is actually based around the elves and their continous wars against each other and the dark side.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: October 7, 2010, 01:42:30 pm »
No it's a novel, 500 pages or more.

Oh right, must be getting mixed up. I read it years and years ago when I was a lad, might dig it out again.

I suppose a lot will depend on the casting of Bilbo, I liked the idea of James McAvoy but that's probably passed now. Martin Freeman could work as well...

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: October 7, 2010, 02:06:04 pm »
Oh right, must be getting mixed up. I read it years and years ago when I was a lad, might dig it out again.

I suppose a lot will depend on the casting of Bilbo, I liked the idea of James McAvoy but that's probably passed now. Martin Freeman could work as well...

Despite my misgivings, I am looking forward to it, but with extreme reservations. The Hobbit is the first fantasy book I ever read, so it always the benchmark. Very few live up to it. Anyone keen on Ian Holme repirsing the roll? I thought he looked decent in the part with him finding the ring, with his face pulled back.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: October 7, 2010, 02:20:55 pm »
Despite my misgivings, I am looking forward to it, but with extreme reservations. The Hobbit is the first fantasy book I ever read, so it always the benchmark. Very few live up to it. Anyone keen on Ian Holme repirsing the roll? I thought he looked decent in the part with him finding the ring, with his face pulled back.

Yeah that would be ideal but it might not be practical for a starring role in two films. They could do that slightly creepy looking CGI youngification, like Jeff Bridges in the new Tron....

They are definitely looking for a younger recasting though, I honestly can't think of too many actors who seem ideal.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: October 7, 2010, 02:43:01 pm »
Yeah that would be ideal but it might not be practical for a starring role in two films. They could do that slightly creepy looking CGI youngification, like Jeff Bridges in the new Tron....

They are definitely looking for a younger recasting though, I honestly can't think of too many actors who seem ideal.

Yeah, that the problem, Holm made Bilbo his own. Freeman is a pretty good choice as long as isn't his usual self. He calmed it down for Sherlock, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline litliper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2010, 02:52:52 am »
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/47150

THE HOBBIT cast!
Hey folks, Harry here with the latest on THE HOBBIT which may or may not be shooting in New Zealand. I think we'll know definitively in the next 7-10 days. Let's pray it stays. Mike Fleming broke this:
Martin Freeman – Bilbo Baggins
Richard Armitage - Thorin Oakenshield
Aidan Turner - Kili
Rob Kazinsky – Fili
Graham McTavish – Dwalin
John Callen – Oin
Stephen Hunter – Bombur
Mark Hadlow – Dori
Peter Hambleton – Gloin

Offline dcornell

• Kopite
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2010, 11:17:40 am »
Martin Freeman confirmed for Bilbo Baggins

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/martin-freeman-confirmed-for-bilbo-baggins

The Hobbit casting department must be a frenzy of activity now that the film’s officially been given the go-ahead. But things appear to be ticking along nicely, as nine new roles have already been cast.

Among them, Martin Freeman has been confirmed as the two-part film’s lead Bilbo Baggins. After months of speculation, he will be the one going there and back again in Peter Jackson’s LOTR prequel.

“Despite the various rumours and speculation surrounding this role, there has only ever been one Bilbo Baggins for us,” Jackson said in a press release.

“There are a few times in your career when you come across an actor who you know was born to play a role, but that was the case as soon as I met Martin.  He is intelligent, funny, surprising and brave – exactly like Bilbo and I feel incredibly proud to be able to announce that he is our Hobbit.”

Not only does Jackson have a leading man, he’s also cast the Company of Dwarves, who set out to reclaim the Lonely Mountain from dragon Smaug. A slew of British actors have been enlisted for the diminutive roles.

Richard Armitage, who will also appear in Captain America: The First Avenger, will play Thorin Oakenshield, the Company’s leader. Then there’s Aidan Turner as Kili, Rob Kazinsky as Fili, Graham McTavish as Dwalin, John Callen as Oin, Stephen Hunter as Bombur, Mark Hadlow as Dori and Peter Hambleton as Gloin.

Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis are returning as Gandalf and Gollum, while Bill Nighy is now being rumoured for the voice of Smaug.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2010, 11:19:03 am »
great choice that, think he'll be a brilliant Bilbo
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.

Offline Okkervil

• Smells... love me love my gas
  • Legacy Fan
    • Support The Retired Greyhound Trust.
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:06 am »
Freeman is a great choice. Think he'll nail it.
To make men Socialists is nothing, but to make Socialism human is a great thing. - Oscar Wilde

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2010, 08:10:35 pm »
New Zealand still Middle Earth as Kiwis keep "Hobbit" films

Lord of the Rings director Peter Jackson will continue to film two prequels in a country that's become synonymous with Middle Earth, the mythical location for author J.R.R. Tolkien's stories. The decision to shoot the The Hobbit in New Zealand - where all three Lord of the Rings movies were made - was announced Wednesday by the country's prime minister, following a dispute over actors' pay and working conditions.

The possibility that the Hobbit flicks would be filmed elsewhere had sparked street protests by thousands of Kiwis dressed as Tolkien characters. And the tourism stakes are high: Statistics showed that one in 10 visitors admitted being influenced to come to New Zealand when The Lord of the Rings was being filmed and released.

"Even if it's 1 per cent, we have to realize that's 1 per cent of what is New Zealand's largest employer," Auckland tourism expert Simon Milne told the New Zealand Herald.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUv5cpPVj9w

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »

James Earl Jones also denied when pressed.
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2010, 10:52:23 pm »
Yes!! Love Martin Freeman, should be an interesting challenge for him. I hope he does well, The Hobbit is my original favourite book.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2010, 10:38:35 am »
Yes!! Love Martin Freeman, should be an interesting challenge for him. I hope he does well, The Hobbit is my original favourite book.

What is your new favourite book?
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Captain Wolf Biscuit

• There's a really funny story behind this actually. I'm captain of my local team and at one xmas party I wolfed down a soggy biscuit and behold! My username was born!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long Live The King
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2010, 11:26:09 am »
What is your new favourite book?

Honestly? Probably still The Hobbit. It's the only one I've read.
"Liverpool is my home and I will be back" - Rafa Benitez

An Internet Terrorist and proud of it.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2010, 05:00:13 pm »
PJ is a whopper! GDT is a legend! That is all!

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #78 on: October 28, 2010, 05:05:30 pm »
PJ is a whopper! GDT is a legend! That is all!

He made a pretty good effort of the Lord of the Rings didn't he?
Either that, or you mean he's from St Helens?
:)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline bellinter

• Infamous author of 'The Joy of Hate'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 3, 2010, 10:30:25 am »
James Nesbitt signed up to play Bofur
In ceremonies of the horsemen, even the pawn must hold a grudge.