Author Topic: CL: Atletico Madrid 2 v 3Liverpool Salah ‘8 ‘77 Keita ‘13 Griezmann ‘20 ‘34  (Read 35617 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
After completely outclassing Watford on Saturday, we rejoin the road to St.Petersburg on Tuesday , and a familiar venue and opponent in Atletico Madrid. Whilst we were having a run out on Saturday morning , the Spanish league allowed Atletico to rest up ahead of this game. As it transpired I'm not too sure that playing was a bad thing as we go into the game full of confidence, and our game was akin to a training session.

ATLETICO MADRID

Our opponents were formed in 1903, and currently play at The Wanda Metropolitano stadium scene of number 6.

11 times Spanish Champions

3 times European Cup Runners up.

We have played them 6 times previously,

Date   Result   Stadium   Competition
22 October 2008   1 - 1   Vicente Calderon   Champions L. 1st Group Ph.
4 November 2008   1 - 1   Anfield   Champions L. 1st Group Ph.
22 April 2010   0 - 1   Vicente Calderon   Europa League SF
29 April 2010   2 - 1   Anfield   Europa League SF
18 February 2020   0 - 1   Metropolitano Stadium   CL 1st knockout r. 1st leg
11 March 2020   2 - 3   Anfield   CL 1st knockout r. 2nd leg

A few memories from these games.

The Europa Semi Final in 2010, was in the middle of the Icelandic volcano ash cloud crisis, and we travelled to Spain by bus and train.
Of course the last time in March 2020 was just a day or so before the country was locked down. I read a report recently that the staging of this game was responsible for something like 47 deaths.

They are of course the reigning Spanish Champions, and have started the season p 8, w 5, d 2 , l 1 for 17 points.
Whilst tough opposition with a wily manager they are not world beaters and we should go into the game with confidence of a positive result

As the group stands,

Liverpool 6pts
Atletico 4 pts
Porto 1 pt
Milan 0 pt

I'd probably take a draw now, but we are well capable of winning.

Danger Men.

OBLAK....gave a great performance in the most recent game at Anfield. One of the world's best.
SUAREZ...still has the ability to be a pain in the arse.
SIMEONE...I'd class their manager a danger man. A real c*nt.

Liverpool..

Well I'm delighted how we've started the season. We are playing highly entertaining winning football. I harbour genuine hopes of winning both the league and champions league . We have world class players and a world class manager.

How do we line up, with half an eye on Sunday at Old Trafford. Personally feel we rotate against Preston and Brighton and expecting this...Alisson, TAA, VVD, Matip, Robertson, Fabinho, Henderson, Keita, Mane, Salah .Firmino.

My prediction. Atletico 1 Liverpool 3.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2021, 09:38:01 pm by TepidT2O »
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid v Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 07:14:44 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2021, 07:15:30 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:02 pm »
The two teams walking out now. A reminder that there is five subs allowed, so expecting some changes with the weekend in mind. A cracking atmosphere.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2021, 07:59:34 pm »
It’s one of their first games back with a crowd.  So I’m not surprised it’s such a great atmosphere.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2021, 08:00:27 pm »
It’s one of their first games back with a crowd.  So I’m not surprised it’s such a great atmosphere.

I never realised that!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2021, 08:03:01 pm »
Disappointing but not surprising that there was much jeering from it.

0 The game kicks off.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2021, 08:04:34 pm »
2 The ref fails to give us an advantage, although it seems as if he is telling Hendo that he was trying too.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 08:06:02 pm »
3 It is noticeable already when we are in possession there is a solid block of Atletico players back.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2021, 08:06:34 pm »
2 The ref fails to give us an advantage, although it seems as if he is telling Hendo that he was trying too.
I think he played advantage but we got none… which is why Henderson was annoyed.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2021, 08:07:32 pm »
4 The AM goalie puts the ball straight out, throw in to us and we build again.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2021, 08:08:32 pm »
Atletico definitely sitting deep in a 5-3-2 to start off...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2021, 08:10:44 pm »
7 Goooooaaall  Salah, alothough it took a deflection, but we'll take it. He skipped passed a couple of defenders.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid 0 v 1 Liverpool Milner ‘8
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:08 pm »
7 Goooooaaall  Salah, alothough it took a deflection, but we'll take it. He skipped passed a couple of defenders.
Milner got a toe on that, it’s his goal.
W

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid 0 v 1 Liverpool Mo ‘8
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:23 pm »
Whoah! Great work by Mo

That will mess up Simeone's plan

:wellin

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:27 pm »
It may have come off Milner, will he claim it?  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2021, 08:11:55 pm »
Milner got a toe on that, it’s his goal.

Tell Mo that. He looked like he was taking the plaudits there.  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:12 pm »
It may have come off Milner, will he claim it?  ;D
He got a toe on that, it wouldn’t have gone in otherwise.  Definitely his goal.
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:48 pm »
9 We are getting a toe in the game now, putting more pressure on them. They don't look the same team of before, Simione is going mad on the sidelines.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 08:14:11 pm »
11 We are content to slow the game down for now, just keeping hold of the ball. AM are still content to stay in a big block when we have the ball.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 08:14:32 pm »
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2021, 08:15:26 pm »
12 Goooaalll, great hit by Naby Keita after some neat passing by Hendo and Trent.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2021, 08:15:57 pm »
Ifurbf8itnut bbu [/b] t7gtnt ruif

What a goal - thunderbolt!

Naby!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2021, 08:16:06 pm »
12 Keita got some great swerve on that ball, nothing the goalie could have done to stop it.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid 0 v 2 Liverpool Milner ‘8 Keita ‘13
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2021, 08:16:18 pm »
Wow
Wow
Wow

W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2021, 08:17:26 pm »
14 That was a spectacular pass from Trent in his own half, towards the front three. But it's called offside.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2021, 08:17:36 pm »
We owe these a bloody good kicking

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2021, 08:18:25 pm »
Bobby did so well with that goal, in bring the ball down, lovely play from him.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2021, 08:18:46 pm »
Get up you southern pansy
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2021, 08:18:59 pm »
Because I'm watching in Spanish on Telemundo, that was "un fabuloso gol de Keita" from Naby... ;D

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2021, 08:19:09 pm »
14 That was a spectacular pass from Trent in his own half, towards the front three. But it's called offside.
which it wasn't but hey ho...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid 0 v 2 Liverpool Salah ‘8 Keita ‘13
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2021, 08:20:20 pm »
17 The AM players are acting us as expected, but they look really lost at the moment. Just trying to get our players booked and making the most of any challenge.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2021, 08:21:24 pm »
18 A little bit of pressure from AM in our box, but we deal with it.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:07 pm »
That Keita goal for all those who booed taking the knee
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:42 pm »
Let’s keep our foot firmly on the neck of this shower please and slowly torment them
Oh
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2021, 08:22:44 pm »
19 Atletico get a goal back, after it deflects of one of their players I think Griezmann. Being checked for a possible offside.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:26 pm »
Goal is confirmed.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Re: CL: Atletico Madrid 1 v 2 Liverpool Salah ‘8 Keita ‘13 Griezmann ‘20
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2021, 08:24:54 pm »
22 Over to Tepid.

Offline Rush 82

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2021, 08:25:12 pm »
Righto! Bump down to earth.

Game on now.