Author Topic: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC  (Read 232443 times)

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: European Cup Final 1/6/19. LFC v THFC
« Reply #1040 on: May 19, 2019, 09:43:39 pm »
You are so right. I remember, walking down Wembley Way after losing to the Mancs in 1977. Half way down the sadness went and Rome beckoned. Same in Madrid, we will win but if we don't the anticipation of the glory our club can now achieve will still be there.

Indeed mate.. I remember that 77 cup final. Jimmy Case scoring and then the heartbreak at the end and a few days later the elation of our first European cup. Such great memories.

Offline BigTroubleInLittleChina

• Main Stander
« Reply #1041 on: May 19, 2019, 09:52:14 pm »
You think they're going to be using VAR on every single action on the field? Not involving goals or penalties, but I hugely doubt that they'll be puling up VAR to see whether or not Alli dived for a free kick every single time.

You are being the tedious poser you said you weren` t....

Anyways, if we cant beat a shit spurs we probably dont deserve it.

But there is actually no fucking way we are losing this one.

No fucking way
The way she goes, boys.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: May 19, 2019, 09:55:26 pm »
You are being the tedious poser you said you weren` t....

Anyways, if we cant beat a shit spurs we probably dont deserve it.

But there is actually no fucking way we are losing this one.

No fucking way

What the fuck are you on about? Has fuck all to do with the conversation I had prior to that post.

• Main Stander
« Reply #1043 on: May 19, 2019, 10:12:01 pm »
What the fuck are you on about? Has fuck all to do with the conversation I had prior to that post.

Sorry, my bad. You called someone else tedious and had a negative vibe. Nothing to see here, move along..
The way she goes, boys.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: May 19, 2019, 10:13:19 pm »
Sorry, my bad. You called someone else tedious and had a negative vibe. Nothing to see here, move along..

No worries.  :)

• Main Stander
« Reply #1045 on: May 19, 2019, 10:19:10 pm »
No worries.  :)

Agree to agree, mate  :D
The way she goes, boys.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: May 19, 2019, 10:38:26 pm »
13 days lads. Feels like 13 years left

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1047 on: May 19, 2019, 10:43:17 pm »
13 days lads. Feels like 13 years left

Feel so relaxed about this, and the time is passing quickly for me, I am enjoying the slow build up. Makes a welcome change from the constant tension of every Liverpool and City game over the past few weeks!

Reckon the break will do the players good too, mentality wise mostly. Hopefully, they will fit and chilled as fuck when the game starts.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1048 on: May 19, 2019, 10:49:52 pm »
When we get chances, we'll need to take them. If we go ahead, we'll need to keep taking chances and get further ahead and put the game beyond Spurs. They don't give up easily when they go behind and are very good at having spells of dominating the ball and creating chances even against the best teams, so I wouldn't want to be sitting back with a slender lead against them. We've got to be absolutely ruthless.

Feel so relaxed about this, and the time is passing quickly for me, I am enjoying the slow build up. Makes a welcome change from the constant tension of every Liverpool and City game over the past few weeks!

Reckon the break will do the players good too, mentality wise mostly. Hopefully, they will fit and chilled as fuck when the game starts.
Yep. I've put it right at the back of my mind. No doubt a day or two before the game, I'll start thinking about it properly, but not gonna sit here thinking about it all the time; that just turns something that should be enjoyable into a chore.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 10:51:48 pm by Cu Chulainn »

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #1049 on: May 19, 2019, 10:54:13 pm »
agreed, lets hope they burn lots of nervous energy on the build up to the game.

I think there’s more pressure on us. We can cope with it.
'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1050 on: May 19, 2019, 11:15:50 pm »
When we get chances, we'll need to take them.

It's like Alan Shearer is in the room.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: May 19, 2019, 11:21:08 pm »
It's like Alan Shearer is in the room.
I am. I come on RAWK to get away from your sarcasm so it's disappointing you're on here too, Gary.  :D

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #1052 on: May 20, 2019, 12:24:16 am »
I'm so calm about this match, it is starting to worry me. It is not that I'm complacent but it just feels like we are so much stronger than this Spurs team and that our relentless pressing and aggressive style will completely and emphatically overwhelm them on a neutral ground. I don't really think we have a weakness against their lineup and with a fully fit team to choose from I expect us to dominate from the first whistle to the last. I haven't been this calm before a final at any time that I can remember.

This, of course, creates the worst possible omen and mockers, but I can't get away from it.

Online kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #1053 on: May 20, 2019, 12:50:17 am »
Actually, the scenarios I listed have occurred many times this season, and I say it again, many times. It's just that we still managed to win despite them in nearly all our games, enough times to get an amazing 97 points. While in the Barca game we got bitten hard away, but had the 2nd leg to turn it around. But, this is one game. No second shot. And, we didn't win all 38 games of the season obviously. We are not guaranteed to win every game obviously. Now, all this might sound like I'm talking about the apocalypse, but if one opens their eyes clearly they can read clearly that in my estimation it could happen 1 in 10 times. If you think a 10% chance of these bad scenarios piling together is not optimistic then... i don't know, then most of you are trying to not to think of that 10%. I actually think many are afraid and they imagine Spurs chances as more than 10%. That's why I'm here to prescibe 10% as a remedy. Otherwise, I will be here, going through how I calculated the 10%, I have a mathematician with me and I also have a psychic and a whole team of psychologists, so I will be determined to prove every sentence I wrote.

Do you actually support Liverpool?

We are in a Champions League final twice in succession. We have just had our most successful PL season. We have lads playing unbelievable football.

Can't you just start believing in these lads? There is no shame in losing. But if everyone felt like this, we might actually bleed those thoughts onto the football pitch and transmit that negative vibe to the players.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1054 on: May 20, 2019, 12:58:22 am »
I'm so calm about this match, it is starting to worry me. It is not that I'm complacent but it just feels like we are so much stronger than this Spurs team and that our relentless pressing and aggressive style will completely and emphatically overwhelm them on a neutral ground. I don't really think we have a weakness against their lineup and with a fully fit team to choose from I expect us to dominate from the first whistle to the last. I haven't been this calm before a final at any time that I can remember.

This, of course, creates the worst possible omen and mockers, but I can't get away from it.

I mean, we're still a solid 11 days out from the game, so you're probably right to be calm.

The nerves will come.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #1055 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:37 am »
You are so right. I remember, walking down Wembley Way after losing to the Mancs in 1977. Half way down the sadness went and Rome beckoned. Same in Madrid, we will win but if we don't the anticipation of the glory our club can now achieve will still be there.

Why did you have to go and mention that cup final,ffs ive only just forgot about that.

Offline DaveCharlie

• RAWK Hidden Gem #1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Former Formbyite, in Australia, was back, now NZ
« Reply #1056 on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:25 am »
I mean, we're still a solid 11 days out from the game, so you're probably right to be calm.

The nerves will come.

Fair bloody point!!!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: May 20, 2019, 01:31:44 am »
Fair bloody point!!!

You'll be a bag of nerves just like most of us  ;D I'm calm as well, but I'll be sweating the Nile river come June 1st.  ;D

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1058 on: May 20, 2019, 01:48:14 am »
I’m calm. The main reason is Van Dijk and Allison, oh and that it’s Spurs we’ve got to go through, not a European heavyweight like Madrid or Milan

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #1059 on: May 20, 2019, 03:26:32 am »
I’m calm. The main reason is Van Dijk and Allison, oh and that it’s Spurs we’ve got to go through, not a European heavyweight like Madrid or Milan

In a way, we have nothing to hide against a team like Spurs. We beat them home and away in the league and are obviously a better team. There's no 'unknown quantity' to them. They don't have any European pedigree and have literally no European final experience.

On the other hand, they're a good team and know us as well as we know them, so they'll be more than prepared for it, so we can't be complacent.

I think on the day, if we play to our potential, we will win. And I think we will play to our potential because everyone will be well rested and incredibly motivated to win, after the heartache of three final losses already.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: May 20, 2019, 03:40:26 am »
A chance for the lads to be legends in the club's history, its what they dreamed off, once more, redemption.

Bayern came 2nd in the league in 2012, lost the CL final to Chelsea in their own ground, lost to Jurgen in the cup final, and the following year won all 3. Let us do one of those starting with this!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: May 20, 2019, 08:27:27 am »
In a way, we have nothing to hide against a team like Spurs. We beat them home and away in the league and are obviously a better team. There's no 'unknown quantity' to them. They don't have any European pedigree and have literally no European final experience.

On the other hand, they're a good team and know us as well as we know them, so they'll be more than prepared for it, so we can't be complacent.

I think on the day, if we play to our potential, we will win. And I think we will play to our potential because everyone will be well rested and incredibly motivated to win, after the heartache of three final losses already.

The unknown quantity is that we've never encountered Spurs in this environment and so don't quite know what to expect of them - but that door swings both ways.

I think we will manage the occasion better than they will, to say nothing of managing the game. Not just because of last year but because of our European history in general.

I think they will blow themselves out.

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1062 on: May 20, 2019, 10:07:03 am »
Liverpool’s matchday squad for the Champions League final can include up to 23 players.

A change in UEFA regulations implemented ahead of the 2018-19 season means that teams are permitted to name as many as 12 substitutes for Champions League and Europa League finals - an increase on the seven replacements ordinarily allowed in the tournaments.

In keeping with the previous knockout rounds this term, managers will also be able to make an additional substitute on top of the standard number of three should the games go to extra-time.

The Reds will face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final at Madrid’s Estadio Metropolitano on Saturday June 1.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/350849-liverpool-champions-league-final-squad-substitutes-uefa

Offline Jack Barrels

• Kopite
« Reply #1063 on: May 20, 2019, 10:14:59 am »
Completely unscientific and totally subjective, but if you break down the last round in order of luck, skill and adrenaline I'd summarise it like this:

Spurs:

Luck - 30%
Skill - 40%
Adrenaline - 30%

Liverpool:

Luck - 20%
Skill - 65%
Adrenaline - 15%

We're less reliant on intangibles to get us through the final.  If Spurs score first I actually think they'll struggle more than if we scored first.  I think they'll have more fight in them if they're chasing the game rather than getting nervous defending a lead.

That's solid but you should add in key factors such as pleasure, pain and reasons to remember the name.
Really thought Martin Kelly would make it.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: May 20, 2019, 10:20:13 am »
How are Spurs going to fit 23 players in their dressing room? They've been given the away dressing room and It's tiny.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: May 20, 2019, 10:22:15 am »
How are Spurs going to fit 23 players in their dressing room? They've been given the away dressing room and It's tiny.

Add to that Harry Kane's ego will also be taking up an extraordinary amount of space.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1066 on: May 20, 2019, 10:23:11 am »

Have they compensated for Eric Dier's head?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: May 20, 2019, 10:24:43 am »
We need to have a strong first half and score at least 2 goals without conceding..

In the last few matches against us, they have always turned up in the second half while being fairly shite in the first..

Let's get out of the blocks quickly and put them to the sword early..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: May 20, 2019, 10:33:49 am »
That's solid but you should add in key factors such as pleasure, pain and reasons to remember the name.

Ain't nobody forgetting Mo Salah's name, his pleasure or his pain. Spurs least of all. ;)

do they even have 23 fit players?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
« Reply #1069 on: May 20, 2019, 10:47:42 am »
We are a team that got 97 points this season, beat bayern 3-1 at their own gaff, beat barca 4 nil after knowing it was a big ask. forget how we and spurs look on paper.......we will put on a masterpiece show against these....i have zero doubt about the outcome of us smashing them.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1070 on: May 20, 2019, 10:51:42 am »
Liverpool’s matchday squad for the Champions League final can include up to 23 players.

A change in UEFA regulations implemented ahead of the 2018-19 season means that teams are permitted to name as many as 12 substitutes for Champions League and Europa League finals - an increase on the seven replacements ordinarily allowed in the tournaments.

In keeping with the previous knockout rounds this term, managers will also be able to make an additional substitute on top of the standard number of three should the games go to extra-time.

The Reds will face Tottenham Hotspur in the Champions League final at Madrid’s Estadio Metropolitano on Saturday June 1.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/350849-liverpool-champions-league-final-squad-substitutes-uefa

Allison
TAA Matip vvd robbo
    Fabinho
 Hendo    gini
Salah          mane 
       bobby

subs: Mignolet, Kelleher, Gomez, Moreno, Lovren, Milner, Ox, Lallana, Origi, Shaqiri, Brewster, Sturridge,
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #1071 on: May 20, 2019, 11:00:17 am »
Can't believe some of the posts I'm reading. People just writing off Spurs saying we are certainties, etc. This will be a tough, tough game. Spurs have given us plenty of problems in the past. You don't have to go too far back and they bet us 5-0. Yes, we are a different animal now and likely a better team, but we have to respect them. Its a final and they'll rightly fight tooth and nail for a win. Anyone thinking its going to be a walk in the park needs a reality check.

If Spurs were a tiny bit more competent they would've beaten us at Anfield this season, lets call a spade a spade. I expect us to win but its going to be a close one. No question.
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #1072 on: May 20, 2019, 11:08:19 am »
They've been given the away dressing room and It's tiny.

They're deemed the home team thanks to the draw that was made, how have they ended up with the away dressing room?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: May 20, 2019, 11:09:36 am »
Can't believe some of the posts I'm reading. People just writing off Spurs saying we are certainties, etc. This will be a tough, tough game. Spurs have given us plenty of problems in the past. You don't have to go too far back and they bet us 5-0. Yes, we are a different animal now and likely a better team, but we have to respect them. Its a final and they'll rightly fight tooth and nail for a win. Anyone thinking its going to be a walk in the park needs a reality check.

If Spurs were a tiny bit more competent they would've beaten us at Anfield this season, lets call a spade a spade. I expect us to win but its going to be a close one. No question.

When did they beat us 5-0?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1074 on: May 20, 2019, 11:10:15 am »
They're deemed the home team thanks to the draw that was made, how have they ended up with the away dressing room?

Something to do with where the fans are sat/entering the stadium.

Why *that* has anything to do with the dressings rooms is a mystery.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1075 on: May 20, 2019, 11:10:49 am »
dunno but they have

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/13/champions-league-final-dressing-rooms-liverpool-lap-luxury-spurs/
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #1076 on: May 20, 2019, 11:11:05 am »
Ok ta. Bit of a strange one.

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #1077 on: May 20, 2019, 11:11:27 am »

Welcome to the internet where there is no room for rational posts like yours.

The game is either going to be us winning 6-0 or us losing 6-0 if you read some of the posts on here. Reminds me why I avoid pre-game threads, silly me for coming into this one. Read the pre-game threads from the final last year ("We will smash these 5-0 they are not as good as they used to be").

Yes we have more points then Spurs do this season. Tell you what, when the players cross onto the pitch, it will not matter one bit. This game is about 90 minutes or 120 minutes plus a lottery; anything can happen in that space of time against a team that more often then not matches up against us. What we have done over 38 games will have no bearing on the result.

Let's be confident, yes absolutely. But to dismiss them outright is foolish.
JFT97

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: May 20, 2019, 11:15:20 am »

That's for them to worry about ;D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: May 20, 2019, 11:16:02 am »
Welcome to the internet where there is no room for rational posts like yours.

The game is either going to be us winning 6-0 or us losing 6-0 if you read some of the posts on here. Reminds me why I avoid pre-game threads, silly me for coming into this one. Read the pre-game threads from the final last year ("We will smash these 5-0 they are not as good as they used to be").

Yes we have more points then Spurs do this season. Tell you what, when the players cross onto the pitch, it will not matter one bit. This game is about 90 minutes or 120 minutes plus a lottery; anything can happen in that space of time against a team that more often then not matches up against us. What we have done over 38 games will have no bearing on the result.

Let's be confident, yes absolutely. But to dismiss them outright is foolish.

I don't think fans on a forum dismissing them has much of an effect on the match itself.