Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1407580 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12640 on: April 24, 2019, 12:45:21 am »
Are there any straws left in here?

We have to remember that these have lost to Newcastle and Crystal Palace this season. 
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #12641 on: April 24, 2019, 01:02:17 am »
I'd rather watch and get the bad news as it comes. Ease into it. If it goes bad of course. Otherwise in the few seconds it'll take me to pick up my phone and check the result on livescore, my pulse will increase to 170. I can't be doing that.
Im with you mate. I just cannot stop myself watching this one, even if I wanted to.
I JUST HAVE TO KNOW.

If they get destroyed.. well then... I'll just have to change the channel and force myself to think about something else.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:05:46 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12642 on: April 24, 2019, 01:13:57 am »
Because football isn't something that happens in an instant. If United start slow and look shite, then it'll be fairly obvious which way the match will go and it'll come as no surprise when City do eventually score and go on to win. You sort of mentally prepare yourself for it. Checking the score afterwards without knowing how things got on gives you a sort of false hope like maybe they lucked out, the ref favored them, City couldn't hit a barn door, etc etc and you inevitably set yourself up for disappointment when you check the result. At least that's how I see it and it's why I'll watch.

Totally understand your mindset here

Imagine needing to win a game for the title. We havent actually had a ‘match point’ game since QPR home game the last time we won it

I mean there’s no way on earth I’d be missing that game. But if by some twist of fate I had to just look at the score, before I did I’d have to have had at least two big rums. Neat.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12643 on: April 24, 2019, 01:14:07 am »
I can’t comprehend for the life of me why anyone wouldn’t want to watch tomorrow. It’s a game of football where by the end of it could put the title in our own hands. Yes the chances aren’t great but Utd away will always be in my top 5 of away grounds for City to go to needing a win. If you’d rather go the cinema then you’re not in this title race for the same reasons as I am.
Perhaps you better let Milner know, he’s not watching, he might go out for some food instead. 🤔
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:17:38 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedGreen

• Main Stander
  • Cautiously Klopptimistic - Resistance is Futile
« Reply #12644 on: April 24, 2019, 01:17:23 am »
Im with you mate. I just cannot stop myself watching this one, even if I wanted to.
I JUST HAVE TO KNOW.

If they get destroyed.. well then... I'll just have to change the channel and force myself to think about something else.

This is going to be as bad for me as watching Yernited against Chelsea, when I want them BOTH to lose, but I know it's not possible! I suppose a draw would be the best result that I can hope for!  :P
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #12645 on: April 24, 2019, 01:17:50 am »
Perhaps you better let Milner know, he’s not watching might go out for some food instead. 🤔

The liar he is

He’ll be at home having a damn good go at the taps
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12646 on: April 24, 2019, 01:18:38 am »
The liar he is

He’ll be at home having a damn good go at the taps
Sure there’s some ironing needs doing
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12647 on: April 24, 2019, 02:02:11 am »
Got a ticket off a mate who can’t go in with the United fans.  This is going to be surreal. Want United to win but couldn’t celebrate a goal even though I would want to.  Feel almost dirty going to this.
Fuck that mate, you get in there and you ROAR those Red Devils on! Glory, Glory Man United as far as I'm concerned!  ;D

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #12648 on: April 24, 2019, 02:09:34 am »
Ok so, ive got this, and im actually gonna use it tomorrow at the bar, game conditions allowing. anyone world wide wants in on that do feel free I do believe that could be a fun sing under the right circumstances.  ;D

Its Ole Ole Ole at the wheel
Its just a single point he needs to steal
we'll give him the job for life
we'll give him Giggsys wife
If he can get his crappy team to play for real.

FUCK YOU CITY FUCK YOU MANCS!
WE'LL TAKE THE FUCKING POINT AND WE'LL NEVER SAY THANKS

Second verse, same as the first.

ts Ole Ole Ole at the wheel
Its just a single point he needs to steal
we'll give him the job for life
we'll give him Giggsys wife
If he can get his crappy team to play for real.

FUCK YOU CITY FUCK YOU MANCS!
WE'LL TAKE THE FUCKING POINT AND WE'LL NEVER SAY THANKS

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #12649 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:16 am »
If we do actually do it, and win the actual bloody title (I know, I know, there's many a slip betwixt cup and lip), and we were to achieve it at Anfield, do you think there'll be a pitch invasion? I know that Shankly was very anti-pitch invasions, and they are generally frowned upon, but it will be such an emotional release if we finally win the league after such a long time, I wonder if some people won't be able to help themselves?

Of course, we have to actually win it first...

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #12650 on: April 24, 2019, 03:36:30 am »
I know De Gea's not playing well like everyone over at United right now. But he's my best hope for a bounce back game, he has the strongest mentality of the lot of them currently. Besides he owe's us after all the worldies he's saved against us over the years.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12651 on: April 24, 2019, 04:06:25 am »
This is going to be as bad for me as watching Yernited against Chelsea, when I want them BOTH to lose, but I know it's not possible! I suppose a draw would be the best result that I can hope for!  :P

A 0-7 loss for City is the best result we can hope for, followed by any sort of draw..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12652 on: April 24, 2019, 04:38:07 am »
There's 3 possible outcomes for United-City game and they are all good outcomes for us!

If United win, we will be ecstatic because City will be 2 points behind with the same number of games played, and the destiny of the BPL in our own hands

If the game ends in a draw, it will still be a very good result for us with City a point behind and the destiny of the BPL in our own hands

If City wins, United will screw up their own chances of a top 4 finish and probably be playing in Europa league next season, and their downward slide into purgatory continues.  So, we should still be in happy mood.  And we still have Burnley, Leicester and Brighton who can possibly take points off City in the coming weeks.   8)

Offline Longwood NY

• Main Stander
  • Innit
« Reply #12653 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:13 am »
There's 3 possible outcomes for United-City game and they are all good outcomes for us!

If United win, we will be ecstatic because City will be 2 points behind with the same number of games played, and the destiny of the BPL in our own hands

If the game ends in a draw, it will still be a very good result for us with City a point behind and the destiny of the BPL in our own hands

If City wins, United will screw up their own chances of a top 4 finish and probably be playing in Europa league next season, and their downward slide into purgatory continues.  So, we should still be in happy mood.  And we still have Burnley, Leicester and Brighton who can possibly take points off City in the coming weeks.   8)

I don't think anyone gives a rats arse what competition United is playing in next season mate

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12654 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:39 am »
What a big day today is in the title race. It likely will be the defining match one way or another.

Oh please Manchester United, grab a result. I don't care how you do it, please just do it. I will buy every single United supporting mate of mine a pint (there are heaps of them) if they do get a result.

Offline Merah Hati

• Main Stander
  • Suarez is not a racist
« Reply #12655 on: April 24, 2019, 04:42:50 am »

All good then 👌👍😅

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #12656 on: April 24, 2019, 05:05:54 am »

I couldn't give a shit where they're playing next season. If getting a draw/win against City today meant that they'll play in the Champions League next season, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12657 on: April 24, 2019, 05:13:55 am »
I couldn't give a shit where they're playing next season. If getting a draw/win against City today meant that they'll play in the Champions League next season, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Agreed. If I could, I'd give the bastids a fast track straight to the final next year, if they can beat City today.

Of course, we would be waiting in the final to defend our trophy.  ;)

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #12658 on: April 24, 2019, 05:40:33 am »
Following a night of anxiety dreams, I’m now wide awake. God I hope United win / draw.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #12659 on: April 24, 2019, 05:56:14 am »
Following a night of anxiety dreams, I’m now wide awake. God I hope United win / draw.
I'm yet to go to bed across the pond and I dread that...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #12660 on: April 24, 2019, 06:29:27 am »
Man Utd 2-0 Man City

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12661 on: April 24, 2019, 06:46:56 am »
Seems manc fans i know are of mixed opinion. Some want to throw the game but there are those that would prefer a top 4. Aside from united's poor result, the other matches have now lobbed them a lifeline.

I dont give a shit how they get a point out of the game but they have to. Failing that, its going to take a freak result against City for us to get the title which I cannot see happening unless Brighton need a win on the final day to stay up .. that could be interesting!
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12662 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:20 am »
Morning all.  Glory, glory......

Can't get this tune out of my head

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12663 on: April 24, 2019, 06:51:13 am »
I don't think anyone gives a rats arse what competition United is playing in next season mate

ha ha, so 2 out of 3 then

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #12664 on: April 24, 2019, 06:54:49 am »
I'm yet to go to bed across the pond and I dread that...

5am start on the east coast of Australia. The little one and/or cat will probably wake us up at 6am, but I imagine my body will magically wake up at 5. If it does, I may as well watch the game.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #12665 on: April 24, 2019, 06:57:07 am »
After being a wreck in the last couple of days contemplating all possible outcomes from this game, I came to the point that I don't give a fuck anymore. If United have any pride left they will try to get something from this game. Fuck it, whatever happens, happens. It has been a hell of a ride.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12666 on: April 24, 2019, 07:47:52 am »
Posted this in April 2014 and it's the closest thing to a premonition I've ever had... regrettably:

"Dreamt a 3-3 draw last night...but I think it was against Stoke. Perhaps Pulis/Crystal Palace on my mind?"

The good news is that this came to my mind yesterday because I dreamt I was watching United vs City and the score was 2 all, city had a man sent off. There was still 20 minutes to play but, still.

Basically what I'm saying is that if United get a draw and we go on to win the rest of our games then I probably deserve a winners medal too.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12667 on: April 24, 2019, 07:53:21 am »
Whatever happens today, happens.

No complaints. When your team is getting to the 90 point mark you can't ask any more of them.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #12668 on: April 24, 2019, 07:54:34 am »
It's crazy how a lot of them are telling Pogba to "return the favour" of the Gerrard "pass" to Drogba. Crazy how the tables have turned.

I'll be doing the same as James Miller and not watch, but hoping and hoping.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #12669 on: April 24, 2019, 07:56:43 am »
Fernandinho gets a red card

What have you been smoking  :D
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12670 on: April 24, 2019, 07:57:03 am »
It's crazy how a lot of them are telling Pogba to "return the favour" of the Gerrard "pass" to Drogba. Crazy how the tables have turned.

I'll be doing the same as James Miller and not watch, but hoping and hoping.

They are trying to make out the situation was the same. It wasn't as we weren't in with a shot of CL. No way would I want us to throw a game with potential CL in the balance. If that's what you want then you hate your enemy more than you love your own team.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 07:59:25 am by spider-neil »

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
« Reply #12671 on: April 24, 2019, 08:04:34 am »

Using the term 'BPL' pretty much rules you out of any sensible discussion about football. 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12672 on: April 24, 2019, 08:09:20 am »
Using the term 'BPL' pretty much rules you out of any sensible discussion about football. 

+1
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #12673 on: April 24, 2019, 08:11:34 am »

I was thinking the exact same thing.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12674 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13:03 am »
We're discussing this and that, but we all know that manutd will get twatted tonight.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12675 on: April 24, 2019, 08:13:32 am »
+1
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Why? That's obviously what its referred to in the country they are from? Why should being from a different country mean they cant have a discussion about football?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12676 on: April 24, 2019, 08:15:25 am »
Whatever happens today, happens.

No complaints. When your team is getting to the 90 point mark you can't ask any more of them.

Ultimately this is right but it's not making me sleep better this week.

Offline Red_19

• Main Stander
« Reply #12677 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:22 am »
It all comes down to this tonight. If they win it’s over.
History will be kind to me for I intend to write it - Rafa B.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12678 on: April 24, 2019, 08:16:28 am »
A draw is probably the best scenario for us. But I highly doubt how the current United side not losing to City.
Believer

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12679 on: April 24, 2019, 08:20:15 am »
Why? That's obviously what its referred to in the country they are from? Why should being from a different country mean they cant have a discussion about football?

I smell Brexiters! Get 'em!!!  ;D