Author Topic: LFC Fan's Forum  (Read 2498 times)

Offline Spirit Of Shankly

• Anny Roader
  • www.spiritofshankly.com
    • Spirit of Shankly
LFC Fan's Forum
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:16:18 pm »
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/LFC-Fan-sss-s-Forum.html

Spirit Of Shankly is aware of Liverpool FC's plan's to create it's own Fans Forum, allowing for supporters to raise the issues and concerns they face on a daily basis, on a range on issues from ticketing and travel through to the club's ownership.

We welcome the idea that supporters, the very people who make this football club so special, should have a voice and be involved in open dialogue with those who make decisions that impact upon us. We would hope and expect that any fans forum will be truly representative of the supporter base and will encompass the democratic and open nature that would be required, something we as a Union have always ensured was in place for our members.

We look forward to hearing more about LFC's plans for future supporter engagement.
Join your Union Now online at www.spiritofshankly.com

Like SOS on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @spiritofshankly

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
Re: LFC Fan's Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 11:24:13 pm »
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/LFC-Fan-sss-s-Forum.html

Spirit Of Shankly is aware of Liverpool FC's plan's to create it's own Fans Forum, allowing for supporters to raise the issues and concerns they face on a daily basis, on a range on issues from ticketing and travel through to the club's ownership.

We welcome the idea that supporters, the very people who make this football club so special, should have a voice and be involved in open dialogue with those who make decisions that impact upon us. We would hope and expect that any fans forum will be truly representative of the supporter base and will encompass the democratic and open nature that would be required, something we as a Union have always ensured was in place for our members.

We look forward to hearing more about LFC's plans for future supporter engagement.

Really surprised this hasn't had any replies guys

A back handed compliment to the Union ?

Possibly

Together we have to co exist or all the hard work may have been for nothing

We can't take things for granted like we did last time

History has taught us this much

Offline Vulmea

• Almost saint-like.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:08 am »
i'm hoping there is at least 1 SOS rep looking to stand
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy/Shanklyboy.

Offline Timbo0151

• @Timbo0151
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Is a dream a lie if it don't come true
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:46:40 am »

Possibly Probably

Nice not to have to hear Jay speak so much in the last few months.

Yours faithfully

Proud member.
SOS member 1295
@timbo0151

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 12:54:11 am »
i'm hoping there is at least 1 SOS rep looking to stand

I nominate Paul Gardner, dead nice lad and old (mentally) beyond his years.
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline Cleveland_Red

• Anny Roader
  • Cleveland Is The City-Liverpool Is The Life
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:51:19 am »
Well In.  Deffo believe SOS is included in some capacity.
"Football in many ways mirrors the society that we have become, self obsessed and shallow."

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 06:58:27 am »

Possibly

Most of the discussion's been taking place in the other thread :wave
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 07:46:32 am »
Most of the discussion's been taking place in the other thread :wave

I had noted that mate

I noticed also ,that a lot of the SOS views in there may have been swamped due to the varying outlooks of posters in that thread

Hence  the need to engage the members thoughts here

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 09:04:07 am »
Has the Union been in contact with the owners recently (when they were over the other day)?

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 09:08:01 am »
I had noted that mate

I noticed also ,that a lot of the SOS views in there may have been swamped due to the varying outlooks of posters in that thread

Hence  the need to engage the members thoughts here

Fair play. I guess I'll paste my thoughts here, as most of them are relevant to SOS and how I see things developing.

I've seen a few SOS officers express interest in applying and it is promising - you'd think that their interests that took them to volunteering their time for the union would lead them to offer their services to the committee.
I just think that SOS the organisation would do very well to keep themselves separate. If for whatever reason this goes tits up or it becomes a run of the mill 'go bitch at them and they'll bring it to us' group, then SOS will be clear of that and the only damage would be a few headaches to a couple of members.

I hate to use these terms but it also makes a big difference for the 'brand'. SOS did a clever thing by focusing on the major problems at the club while slowly branching out into more 'mundane' issues, such as affordable coach travel. This committee is going to have to deal with the most unglamorous issues at Liverpool Football Club, like offerings for vegetarians or the state of the toilets or leg room at the ground. A lot of issues will get raised and regardless of frivolity will need to get dealt with. You could say it'd be like people constantly asking for their user names to be changed on a medium to large discussion forum.

When VdM asked for questions for John Henry, I was one of the ones who asked if a fans forum would be considered to meet up once or twice a year. I've been very supportive of the work SOS has done and the roles they've taken on before and over the change in ownership. In my mind this does not make them obsolete nor does it take away any merit. If anything, it gives us all another avenue to the club and the ability to raise issues that maybe SOS couldn't or wouldn't deal with, either in terms of scope or remit. It also means that rather than requiring a majority vote, you're free to raise whatever problem you like with your committee representative and they'll be able to present a wide range of concerns and suggestions for the owners and staff to get a feeling of what concerns the matchgoing fan and supporters from afar.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:38:47 pm »
Excellent idea from the club - and hopefully SoS can be represented as one of the '17'.

Offline Roy Bentham

• SoS Travel Officer
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »
Fair play. I guess I'll paste my thoughts here, as most of them are relevant to SOS and how I see things developing.

Thanks for that

How much or how little we get involved will be discussed by our members at the AGM next month

I'm pretty certain it will dominate the meeting

An opportunity may have arisen here and we'll have to look at all the scenarios and hurdles

The date of this will be confirmed shortly, hopefully in the next week or so

Offline SMD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »
Nice one :)

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 05:41:55 pm »
Excellent idea from the club - and hopefully SoS can be represented as one of the '17'.
There is not an "SOS" spot, so presumably we will have to slip into one of the 17 slots.

I think there is a case for giving it a swerve. If we do get a spot it will be as a rep of one of the 17 categories, not as SOS. I think that the forum is " a good thing" but that is it. It does not replace what SOS is, or can do.

SOS currently needs a new rallying point, and being one of 17 is not that point, fan share probably is.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 05:55:47 pm »
I think its very important that SOS remains neutral and I actually think they should refrain from standing for the fans forum. That way the owners can have different views, we all know that some people get on these committees for an ego trip rather than for doing the hard work behind the scenes,so you will see people on this forum that arent right and have their own agenda. SOS can then comment freely if such things happen without any question on their integrity or independance.
I am not a member of SOS but believe that having the ability to say no to power is vital and SOS can do that honestly and freely if it remains independant of this committee.
I do support the forming of this group just worry about who will be on it and why.
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!