Author Topic: New ticket collection process for away CL games  (Read 29427 times)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New ticket collection process for away CL games
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2017, 05:15:09 pm »
Can anyone who did the previous collections for euro away games advise what process they did if giving the ticket to a mate to collect?

If I buy a ticket and put my mate's details down is that enough that when he collects with his ID, or does he also need some letter from me as well?

Guessing it will be the same process again?

I think just his ID should be ok as they basically ticked it off against the names on a list( at Augsberg) but would be worth giving him a copy of the confirmation email and a letter of authorisation with all the details of the person who's card is being used

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 09:47:02 am »
when I picked up a ticket in Porto I asked the LFC staff why they abandoned the new ticket collection process. They said they wernt offered the correct facilities to impliment the new process in Porto.
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönĺld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2018, 04:21:59 pm »
I got a ticket with my login using someone else’s card that qualified for a 3rd person.
I went with him to the collection point and thank god for that as they had my name down for the person collecting..  this despite the fact that someone else got a ticket on my card and collected that one at Anfield, and handed it to me in Porto.  In other words the club don’t have a fucking clue.

Surely something should have been flagged??
I even called the club twice and was told that the person with the details entered once the ticket was bought should be the one collecting  :o  :-[  :-\

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »
when I picked up a ticket in Porto I asked the LFC staff why they abandoned the new ticket collection process. They said they wernt offered the correct facilities to impliment the new process in Porto.

Complete bollocks, they didn't want the hairdryer treatment about the ticket prices.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »
Mate of mine who went to watch the Mancs in Seville this week said that as well as all having to collect their tickets over there, they were all given wristbands to wear too to try to stop people collecting tickets and selling them on. Their wristbands were checked as they went in.

Oh and they had no bother with police or stewards either it seems.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2018, 10:07:17 am »
Mate of mine who went to watch the Mancs in Seville this week said that as well as all having to collect their tickets over there, they were all given wristbands to wear too to try to stop people collecting tickets and selling them on. Their wristbands were checked as they went in.

Oh and they had no bother with police or stewards either it seems.

I sort of like it - but I'd not fancy 'outing' myself as a fan all day if I was doing some sightseeing.

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: March 8, 2018, 10:21:48 am »
with sides through so far its looking like a 3000 plus allocation no chance they will attempt this if we have a travelling support of that figure or higher imo

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 8, 2018, 11:13:14 am »
with sides through so far its looking like a 3000 plus allocation no chance they will attempt this if we have a travelling support of that figure or higher imo

Why? The size of the allocation doesn't matter, it is just up to 200 supporters at random. For Porto (3.2k), they said they couldn't find a suitable venue.
Only places I don't think they will do it, is Juve, Roma or an English side.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #48 on: March 8, 2018, 11:59:01 am »
For Porto (3.2k), they said they couldn't find a suitable venue.

Which was a load of bollocks
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 8, 2018, 05:24:18 pm »
Which was a load of bollocks

True.....at 75 Euros and a commitment to purchase they just wanted to sell the tickets.......that's basically why it got pulled
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Online Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #50 on: March 8, 2018, 06:47:09 pm »
I'll be interested to see the minutes from last Saturday's SOS meeting and if anyone mentioned the radio silence from the club since the initial announcement.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2018, 09:40:40 am »
I'm presuming there is zero chance of the club doing a collection for City away because it would not make any sense in what it was trying to defeat. (People not travelling).

But won't rest until confirmation as going straight from work with no afternoon off or anything.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2018, 10:10:20 am »
I'm presuming there is zero chance of the club doing a collection for City away because it would not make any sense in what it was trying to defeat. (People not travelling).

But won't rest until confirmation as going straight from work with no afternoon off or anything.
Me too, loads of us will be going across straight after work I imagine so it would be a nightmare.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline elmothered1

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2018, 12:08:22 pm »
can only see club ever carrying this out when we get small allocations 2000 or less. certainly not at city game and if we got a barca/madrid etc i cant see they would then either.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2018, 10:07:00 am »
Not sure why people are still fussing about this its been binned for this season

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2018, 10:24:29 am »
Not sure why people are still fussing about this its been binned for this season
They binned it off for the Porto match and I can't see them using it for City but if we get through to the semi, have the club already said that they will definitely not use it for that as well? If so, I must have missed the announcement.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2018, 10:30:13 am »
the club have already said if its possible they will do it !

Will this be for every game?

Yes, as long as the host city and collection venue can provide a safe environment to do so.
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than Ł35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2018, 10:48:00 am »
i don't think they'll bother, but I'm sure united did a collection in Liverpool for some of theirs for the EL  (could be wrong like)
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2018, 11:48:34 am »
absolutely fucking pointless when you can nominate someone else to take the ticket.

achieves absolutely nothing but make peoples lives difficult.
cyas

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2018, 11:51:56 am »
And they're doing it, what a joke!

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2018, 12:03:01 pm »
absolutely fucking pointless when you can nominate someone else to take the ticket.

achieves absolutely nothing but make peoples lives difficult.

This is the biggest issue that you can nominate anyone an Organised tout would of sold the ticket by now, have his customers name and will put it on the purchase Monday

I dont mind them allowing you to nominate 1 out of the 2 people going but to nominate all makes  a mockery of it.

Offline MaxStafford

• Main Stander
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2018, 12:31:33 pm »
It's a good idea! Anyone complaining is probably one of those touts who never goes in the stadium!

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2018, 12:33:11 pm »
It's a good idea! Anyone complaining is probably one of those touts who never goes in the stadium!

what a load of nonsense that is!!

Its a good idea for games against Vladikavkaz when we sell 3000 and 100 go. Its a shite idea when we are travelling 30 miles and people arent going to book a day off work and waste the holiday

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2018, 01:05:47 pm »
Tony Barrett has confirmed on Twitter that any collection will be at the Etihad.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2018, 01:14:04 pm »
Tony Barrett has confirmed on Twitter that any collection will be at the Etihad.

Great news, they really should have stated that in the ticket info to save us all panicking!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2018, 01:14:40 pm »
At least that's something, why not just put that in the original sales notice though?
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2018, 03:18:36 pm »
Am I right in thinking you can nominate somebody to use you’re ticket ? If so I really don’t understand why they are doing this. I go to European aways on my grandads ticket often and I’m a bit worried about this becoming a regular thing. I wont be going to this one anyway my grandad is going as it’s only Manchester. if they are allowing you to nominate for somebody else to use it this really makes no sense. As has been said it makes sense going to Eastern Europe but makes zero sense going 30 miles up the road

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2018, 03:45:04 pm »
Am I right in thinking you can nominate somebody to use you’re ticket ? If so I really don’t understand why they are doing this. I go to European aways on my grandads ticket often and I’m a bit worried about this becoming a regular thing. I wont be going to this one anyway my grandad is going as it’s only Manchester. if they are allowing you to nominate for somebody else to use it this really makes no sense. As has been said it makes sense going to Eastern Europe but makes zero sense going 30 miles up the road

Yes, the nominated person’s details have to be given when you buy the ticket. If selected, they would then have to collect their ticket too.
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2018, 04:30:06 pm »
Explain to me how this will stop anyone touting their ticket you meff
cyas

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2018, 04:31:10 pm »
Great news, they really should have stated that in the ticket info to save us all panicking!
Collection at the stadium is a serious pain in the arse for anyone working till 5, or arriving on coaches.

This is a fucking waste of everyones time.
cyas

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »
You blatantly don't go the away games either.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2018, 04:43:25 pm »
Collection at the stadium is a serious pain in the arse for anyone working till 5, or arriving on coaches.

Yep definitely. I'll be working till 5pm and praying I'm not one of those chosen for collection but at least it's better than having to get into Manchester city centre to collect them.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:00 pm »

Bellwhiff comments, which you also made in the other thread.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Giovanni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2018, 04:50:46 pm »
Yep definitely. I'll be working till 5pm and praying I'm not one of those chosen for collection but at least it's better than having to get into Manchester city centre to collect them.
Also, the queues getting in the stadium in September were a joke.
cyas

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2018, 06:22:49 pm »
Also, the queues getting in the stadium in September were a joke.
Always seems to be like that at the Etihad, plus once you're in they are happy to shove you into any block they like.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2018, 06:57:43 pm »

they definitely wouldn't of done it if it was Utd or Chelsea.

if you get there early to collect your ticket theres nothing near the ground for an away fan, no pubs and no beer in the ground. Can understand it for a European away in Europe as its in the centre of the city and youve got plenty of time to pick up tickets. For me it worked fine in Augsburg. really quick and location was in a bar/restraunt

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2018, 10:05:22 am »

I follow the reds all around Europe. This campaign I've been to Seville, Moscow, Porto and taken annual leave from work to do so. Sometimes 1 day, sometimes 2, 3 or sometimes a week. I've been all over. Had to get out of work to get my Moscow Visa as well.

Any collection would eat into my 'holiday' time at those cities, but at least I could easily do it in the day.

City away got me a bit excited because it meant I can just go an hour earlier from work and not use a day - I could then potentially ensure I'm able to go to the semi final if we get there and possibly another day sightseeing on the next trip.

Collecting tickets and the uncertainty changes that. Have I got to take half a day off? Can I leave work 2 hours earlier? How soon do I need to figure it out? When will I know if I'm one who has to collect? Need to give notice for days off - looks like we won't know for quite a while and will be short notice.

Some lads will be going via coach - and that's not exactly one where they can go earlier because 3 out of the 50 need to be there sooner to collect a ticket.

It's not easy and adds lots of uncertainty.

Get rid of touting yes, but try not to impact those that actually go the game.

At least it's at the stadium and not in the city centre. I just hope they are set up to manage 200+ people as don't forget it's not just our 200. It's all the foreign fans who have chosen collection, anyone who did not get to collect from Anfield or post in time, potential some hospitality ones etc etc.

Frustrating.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2018, 01:14:41 pm »

I’m assuming this is a wind up as anyone with half a brain cell can work out that this is an utterly pointless and half arsed attempt to look like they are acting on the touting and Ticket issues we have.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:33 pm »
Yours truly has been selected for pick at The Etihad ffs
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2018, 06:06:45 pm »
Yours truly has been selected for pick at The Etihad ffs

Yep, me to. Don't mind what they are trying to do, just hope it's well organised
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.