Poll

Southampton where can they end up? (But mostly Lallana.)

Top 4
31 (3.6%)
Top 6
123 (14.3%)
Top 8
371 (43.2%)
Midtable
264 (30.7%)
Relegation
70 (8.1%)

Total Members Voted: 858

Author Topic: Southampton FC general discussion thread  (Read 284050 times)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Re: Southampton FC general discussion thread
« Reply #2600 on: June 22, 2017, 02:17:37 pm »
I like that kit reveal, nice to see teams do something a bit wacky now and then.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2601 on: June 22, 2017, 02:30:39 pm »
I like that kit reveal, nice to see teams do something a bit wacky now and then.

Nothing wrong with doing the cartoon and what not, but the childish digs at other people/clubs is very small time.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: June 22, 2017, 02:46:51 pm »
Nothing wrong with doing the cartoon and what not, but the childish digs at other people/clubs is very small time.
Especially when those clubs have given them hundreds of millions of pounds.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2603 on: June 22, 2017, 02:52:16 pm »
I dunno, doesn't really bother me.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2604 on: June 22, 2017, 04:03:24 pm »
Because Van Dijk wants it to happen as he bought in to what Klopp was selling, and he's just had 200k a week taken away from him as salary from his current employers for being grasses.

So you're expecting him to submit a transfer request when the window opens then?  Southampton can point to the brand new contract he signed and tell him he's going nowhere, especially to us. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2605 on: June 22, 2017, 04:09:52 pm »
Well that was, strange.

No idea who anyone was beyond Koeman and Forster. My kids watch some shit cartoons but even they would find that a little weird.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2606 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:38 pm »
So you're expecting him to submit a transfer request when the window opens then?  Southampton can point to the brand new contract he signed and tell him he's going nowhere, especially to us. 

At the end of the day if he tells them he doesn't want to play for them anymore, what can they do? Signed the contract before elite clubs were interested in him, how was he to know?

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2607 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:01 pm »
It's for Southampton FC supporters. I expect they'll like that sort of thing.

Why do you think this will happen? Both clubs have been pretty unequivocal on the matter. If it happens it won't be this season.
They might be under new ownership, with a new manager in place. The manager might decide he'd rather take £60m for a player who doesn't want to play for him.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: June 22, 2017, 04:54:26 pm »
Well that was, strange.

No idea who anyone was beyond Koeman and Forster. My kids watch some shit cartoons but even they would find that a little weird.

I think one of them was supposed to be Manolo Gabbiadini.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: June 22, 2017, 05:07:08 pm »
At the end of the day if he tells them he doesn't want to play for them anymore, what can they do? Signed the contract before elite clubs were interested in him, how was he to know?

Submitting a transfer request doesn't automatically entitle any player to a move.  Plenty of players have had to shut up and get on with it.

They might be under new ownership, with a new manager in place. The manager might decide he'd rather take £60m for a player who doesn't want to play for him.

They might indeed.  They also might decide to pursue the tapping up case against us for turning the player's head.  That City and Chelsea were also involved wont matter a jot.  Which means we might end up having to pay a lot more for him than we originally planned so Soton don't push the issue.

In any case I don't want to risk the mods' wrath by resurrecting this zombie topic.  Suffice to say I'll be very surprised to see the lad in Liverpool red next season, although it would be a most welcome sight.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2610 on: June 22, 2017, 05:16:11 pm »
I think one of them was supposed to be Manolo Gabbiadini.

I knew that, I just couldn't spell it. :D

Only knew it from the hammy Italian accent though. Figured it was either him or the General from Allo Allo

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2611 on: June 22, 2017, 05:21:27 pm »
They might indeed.  They also might decide to pursue the tapping up case against us for turning the player's head. That City and Chelsea were also involved wont matter a jot.  Which means we might end up having to pay a lot more for him than we originally planned so Soton don't push the issue.
Doubtful. That legal statement we posted on our official was in exchange for something.  Pursuing a case against us would top the list of things LFC would wish to avoid. As for City and Chelsea, it would matter to us (if a trial/tribunal were to go ahead).

In any case I don't want to risk the mods' wrath by resurrecting this zombie topic.  Suffice to say I'll be very surprised to see the lad in Liverpool red next season, although it would be a most welcome sight.
That's fair enough, I don't think either of us want to give the mods extra hassle. I'll just finish by saying that I wouldn't be surprised to see him in our shirt after September 1st. Let's wait and see.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: June 22, 2017, 06:05:09 pm »
I knew that, I just couldn't spell it. :D

Only knew it from the hammy Italian accent though.

What gave it away for me was one of them calling him Manolo. :D
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2613 on: June 22, 2017, 06:30:32 pm »
What gave it away for me was one of them calling him Manolo. :D

Always thought it was Marco.

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: June 22, 2017, 06:33:06 pm »
Always thought it was Marco.

Ha! He's no Sunderland and Derby County legend mate.  :D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2615 on: June 22, 2017, 06:54:05 pm »
Southampton's new kit launch....few little digs, but they really are not fans of Koeman  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8tFLAcLZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8tFLAcLZs</a>

What's with the shithouse tackles at 1:16?  Now they may be faceless evil henchmen but that's just snidey if you ask me.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2616 on: June 23, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »

Contracts don't stop players moving, they simply guarantee the club gets compensated.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: June 23, 2017, 04:56:06 pm »
Pellegrino as manager.

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #2618 on: June 23, 2017, 05:04:18 pm »
Pellegrino as manager.

Let's hope it improves our chances of signing Van Dijk.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: June 23, 2017, 05:05:04 pm »
Let's hope it improves our chances of signing Van Dijk.

It should do, as they've got more stability with a manager in now. Hopefully he doesn't want VVD for some reason.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2620 on: June 23, 2017, 05:09:51 pm »
Nudge nudge Mauricio, wink, wink..

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #2621 on: June 23, 2017, 05:18:58 pm »
It should do, as they've got more stability with a manager in now. Hopefully he doesn't want VVD for some reason.
He's also a beloved Liverpool legend ;)
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: June 23, 2017, 05:50:36 pm »
Pellegrino as manager.

Not bad when one of your references is Rafa Benitez.

Good luck to him.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: June 23, 2017, 06:03:21 pm »
Great appointment.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #2624 on: June 23, 2017, 06:21:24 pm »
Sells VVD, quits next day, takes over Liverpool academy.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2625 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:25 pm »
Southampton's new kit launch....few little digs, but they really are not fans of Koeman  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8tFLAcLZs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Xc8tFLAcLZs</a>

WTF have I just watched. Bizarre as fuck.

Offline SandyShore

• "Hodgson did a very good job". someone with low shitty standards who is probably racist
  • Kopite
  • Boooooooooooooooooooom!!
« Reply #2626 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:56 pm »
Did a good job at Alaves, Plus he's  Manuel Pellegrini + Mauricio Pochettino fused together.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: June 24, 2017, 03:30:03 am »
Gabbiadini's wedding:

The arse/cake gag has i imagine been done to death by now, but they're doing alright over there. So yeah... can we have your defender and we'll call it a day for a bit? Promise!

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2628 on: June 24, 2017, 12:34:03 pm »
Gabbiadini's wedding:

The arse/cake gag has i imagine been done to death by now, but they're doing alright over there.

First time I've ever seen it, and find it fairly hypnotic... :wave
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2629 on: June 25, 2017, 10:47:04 am »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2630 on: June 25, 2017, 08:49:46 pm »
Astonishing club Southampton...

In league 1 just a short time back, but now they are one of the top second tier teams in England.  To any Southampton fans, that's not meant as an insult, it's a huge compliment, to break the top 4/5 is an enormous challenge for any club, for Southampton to be so consistently where they are is an astoninsing achievement.  Consistently extremely well run.

Now sell us VVD yer bastards.. ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2631 on: July 30, 2017, 06:45:41 pm »
The Times claim they've been sold to a Chinese consortium for £190m. Deal to be announced next week.

So back in early June, Southampton looked to be sold for £190m to Lander Holdings, which The Times reported as being imminent. Now it seems like it's potentially on the verge of collapsing. Something very odd about this

Chinese company Lander Holdings risk missing chance to buy controlling stake in Southampton

Sam Wallace, Chief Football Writer

30 July 2017 • 4:30pm

The Chinese company negotiating a £200 million stake in Southampton are still yet to have the funds for their investment transferred out of China and risk losing the chance to buy a controlling stake in the Premier League club.

Lander Holdings have been unable to secure the release of funds from China and the club are growing ever concerned that the deal, to buy an 80 per cent controlling stake, cannot be left in limbo indefinitely. There are no concerns about Lander’s capacity to pay for the stake in the club, owned by Katharina Liebherr, who wants to push through with the sale.

The key obstacle is Lander obtaining permission from authorities in China to transfer the necessary funds overseas in order to make the purchase. The longer the wait goes on, the more the doubt grows that the deal is feasible, despite Lander’s chief executive Gao Jisheng having been approved by Premier League due diligence procedures.

The club are still hopeful that Lander can complete the transaction but in the meantime their approach to the transfer window is unchanged. They still hope to reintegrate Virgil Van Dijk into the first team squad who reconvene on Monday when the Dutchman’s fitness levels will be assessed. If he is physically ready to play, and in the right frame of mind, then he could well play a part in the games against Augsburg on Wednesday and Sevilla a week on Saturday.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/30/chinese-company-lander-holdings-risk-missing-chance-buy-controlling/

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2632 on: July 30, 2017, 06:47:47 pm »
So back in early June, Southampton looked to be sold for £190m to Lander Holdings, which The Times reported as being imminent. Now it seems like it's potentially on the verge of collapsing. Something very odd about this

We should have put a bid in.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #2633 on: August 7, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »
Southampton FC? More like Prison FC.

Love you Virgil you beautiful bastard.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: August 7, 2017, 05:43:53 pm »
#FreeVanDijk
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2635 on: August 7, 2017, 10:25:32 pm »

"Some bird's are not meant to be caged,there feathers are just to Van Dijk"

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: August 14, 2017, 10:31:42 pm »
Southampton: Chinese businessman Jisheng Gao completes takeover

Chinese businessman Jisheng Gao and his family have completed a deal to buy 80% of Southampton.

In January, Gao's company Lander Sports Development said a deal was agreed, but the takeover is now a personal investment.

"Today is the start of a new and exciting chapter for our club," said Katharina Liebherr, who inherited Saints from her late father, Markus, in 2010 when they were in League One.

She will retain a 20% share.

Liebherr said the Gao family share Southampton's "values and ambitions", adding: "As a team, we will strive to build upon the strong foundation that is in place towards sustainable long-term success."

She said both parties have "full trust" in the Premier League club's chairman Ralph Krueger and his management team and support plans to follow the "Southampton way".

"I am honoured and humbled to become a partner of Southampton Football Club alongside Katharina Liebherr, who, together with her father, has been such a great steward of the club, its growth and success," said Gao.

"Together, we have the passion and motivation to build on Southampton's excellent progress in recent years as we look forward to an exciting next chapter for the club."

A spokesman for the Premier League said: "As with any change of control at a Premier League club, we have checked the sources and sufficiency of funding in place to acquire the shares, and been provided with a detailed business plan showing the new owners can sustain the club going forward.

"We have also conducted the Owners' and Directors' Test, which includes detailed background checks on any individual proposing to acquire more than 30% of shares in a club, or to be a director on the club's board."

English clubs Aston Villa, Birmingham, Wolves, Reading and West Brom already have Chinese investors, as do Italian side AC Milan, who were bought for £628m earlier this year.

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #2637 on: August 14, 2017, 11:11:35 pm »
Uh oh.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: August 16, 2017, 12:16:50 am »

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #2639 on: August 23, 2017, 11:01:14 pm »
I shouldn't laugh but ... well in Wolves  8)