Author Topic: Dortmund  (Read 201536 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Re: Dortmund
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 11:07:20 am »
Apparently Fat Sam almost signed Lewandowski for Blackburn in 2010. But the Iceland volcano eruption cancelled his flight to England.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2013, 11:10:42 am »
Apparently Fat Sam almost signed Lewandowski for Blackburn in 2010. But the Iceland volcano eruption cancelled his flight to England.

Lucky Lewandowski, otherwise Fat Sam would've turned him in to a bruiser.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2013, 11:11:19 am »
a defence that contains Pepe and Ramos, easy prediction
Pepe is dodge at times, but capable, Ramos is world class has proven time and again, Contrao is very decent and was Portugal's second best player at the Euros, Varane is one of the best young players in the world not to mind defenders. That is a good defense in my book.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2013, 12:07:54 pm »
, Ramos is world class has proven time and again,  .

:lmao

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2013, 12:16:51 pm »
Good response

You're like Anywhichway with Iniesta, clueless. Ramos has been a mainstay in arguably the greatest international side of all time and has a World Cup and two Euro medals to prove it, he was on the team of the tournament in all those campaigns along with being in the World 11 several times, 101 caps for Spain and still only 27. He's a twat, but he is a world class player.

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2013, 12:17:07 pm »

Not sure whats too funny about that statement, hes definately one of the best CB's in the world, and when he eventually retires he'll be considered one of the legendary defenders in the same bracket as Maldini.etc. Hes still relatively young and theres so much more for him to win.

Credit to Dortmund, 4-1 against Real Madrid is magnificent in any match let alone a CL semi final. A blow that Gotze and Lewandowski will be leaving, but theyve proved in the last few years that they can pick magnificent replacements to whoever they sell.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2013, 12:22:59 pm »
Have to agree, Ramos is quality, imo. To quote Eamonn Dunphy, he can be a bit of a 'headbanger', but great defender nonetheless.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2013, 01:18:34 pm »
Good response

You're like Anywhichway with Iniesta, clueless. Ramos has been a mainstay in arguably the greatest international side of all time and has a World Cup and two Euro medals to prove it, he was on the team of the tournament in all those campaigns along with being in the World 11 several times, 101 caps for Spain and still only 27. He's a twat, but he is a world class player.

again  :lmao

he is a liability...poor decisions and choice making to name but a few

time after time ive watched him and is a disaster waiting to happen

Offline BigMarcs

• Would like an R with his Mac...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2013, 01:26:05 pm »

Yet he is one of the first names on the teamsheets under coaches such as Del Bosque, Mourinho, Pellegrini etc.
Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/bigcreds

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 25, 2013, 01:26:18 pm »
I do like Ramos, think he is class...

But you forgot to mention a record he broke earlier this year, being sent of more times than any other Madrid player before him. 11 reds for Madrid, 17 in his career - one short of the all-time La Liga record with arguably another 5/6 years left in him.

Unreal amount of reds.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 25, 2013, 01:35:01 pm »
Anyway back on topic. Seems like Robbie is off to Bayern after all.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #171 on: April 25, 2013, 01:38:04 pm »
Anyway back on topic. Seems like Robbie is off to Bayern after all.

Pep going to walk the league, I'm think I'll put money on Bayern finishing next season (league) without defeat, must be pretty decent odds.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #172 on: April 25, 2013, 02:25:56 pm »
Its you thats getting laughed out of it hear pal.

You're not watching him enough so. He has stood out on the biggest stage for nearly ten years and still only 27, he's a fantastic player, his credentials slam that home not to mind his performances. He is most defiantly world class, ludicrous that this is even up for discussion given what he has already achieved for both club and country.
I do like Ramos, think he is class...

But you forgot to mention a record he broke earlier this year, being sent of more times than any other Madrid player before him. 11 reds for Madrid, 17 in his career - one short of the all-time La Liga record with arguably another 5/6 years left in him.

Unreal amount of reds.
It is unreal, some of the sending offs are nuts as well. Roy Keane in his entire career was sent off 12 times, kind of puts that into perspective.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:27:53 pm by KERRYKOP »

Offline Narya

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: April 25, 2013, 02:27:19 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBKreXfOS4

I just thought I'd leave this here for anyone who hasn't seen it. Great stuff.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #174 on: April 25, 2013, 03:29:48 pm »
a defence that contains Pepe and Ramos, easy prediction

Come on, you can't expect to go into a game beating Madrid 4-1.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #175 on: April 25, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »
If it's Munich he's gone to, I don't know what to say. It's extremely disappointing to see Munich buy the competition out of a league, and explicitly too. It's not as though they really need Gotze or Lewandowski, considering the options they already have, and it makes the league a sure thing for them next season.

On the other hand, it keeps getting more interesting to see what Klopp will pull out of the bag to replace these cogs in his machine.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #176 on: April 25, 2013, 03:53:43 pm »

What a club

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #177 on: April 25, 2013, 04:00:03 pm »
I think Ramos is very good, an intolerable twat but a really good defender, but he will end up on the same bracket as the likes of Maldini when he retires? Let's not get silly.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #178 on: April 25, 2013, 04:16:57 pm »
I think Ramos is very good, an intolerable twat but a really good defender, but he will end up on the same bracket as the likes of Maldini when he retires? Let's not get silly.
Why not? Although different players, to put it bluntly Ramos presents more of attacking treat, but isn't as good defensively. Maldini created an aura over years and years of consistent performance at the highest level, Ramos is having a similar career trajectory

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #179 on: April 25, 2013, 04:35:26 pm »
Why not? Although different players, to put it bluntly Ramos presents more of attacking treat, but isn't as good defensively. Maldini created an aura over years and years of consistent performance at the highest level, Ramos is having a similar career trajectory
I don't think Ramos at this stage has ever reached the level of performance that Maldini had at the same age, you might trace parallels on theirs careers so far and find similarities, but on the field Maldini has been one of the most intelligent, influential and technical gifted defenders that I have ever seen, as good as Ramos has been and his titles speak for him, although really lacking an Champions League title, I’ve never seen him perform at Maldini’s level, that’s not even considering maintain it as long as he did.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #180 on: April 25, 2013, 04:43:04 pm »

Maldini made a tackle every other game, his anticipation was that good.  One of the most graceful defenders to ever play the game.

Ramos is breaking RM's record for red cards.

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #181 on: April 25, 2013, 04:47:51 pm »
we spent more for Carroll than BVB for their entire starting XI  :o ..not sure if true, saw it on facebook

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #182 on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:10 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcBKreXfOS4

I just thought I'd leave this here for anyone who hasn't seen it. Great stuff.

all that does is remind me off how shit our home fans are.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #183 on: April 25, 2013, 04:52:59 pm »
I don't think Ramos at this stage has ever reached the level of performance that Maldini had at the same age, you might trace parallels on theirs careers so far and find similarities, but on the field Maldini has been one of the most intelligent, influential and technical gifted defenders that I have ever seen, as good as Ramos has been and his titles speak for him, although really lacking an Champions League title, I’ve never seen him perform at Maldini’s level, that’s not even considering maintain it as long as he did.
As I said they're not the same type of defender. Also Big Marcs didn't say he was better or even as good as Maldini just that he would be up at his level by the time he finishes, which is a fair comment given what he's achieved already.

Offline Ryba

• A self-confessed "bit of a twat", who thinks Everton will win the league 2010-11, is either very deluded or reckons Everton will be demoted to The Championship ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • bluenose
« Reply #184 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:47 pm »
By the way, Roman Weidenfeller isn't half bad. Got to be one of the very best in the world in 1v1s. How does he not have a cap for Germany?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 05:00:29 pm by Ryba »

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
Re: Re: Dortmund
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2013, 05:05:22 pm »
By the way, Roman Weidenfeller isn't half bad. Got to be one of the very best in the world in 1v1s. How does he not have a cap for Germany?

He is not bad, but I see Low's perspective, when Neuer isn't playing I'd rather give ter Stegen/Leno/Zieler game time.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 25, 2013, 05:15:34 pm »
we spent more for Carroll than BVB for their entire starting XI  :o ..not sure if true, saw it on facebook
Its true. As if that wasn't the stupidest transfer ever already

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #187 on: April 25, 2013, 05:46:46 pm »
As I said they're not the same type of defender. Also Big Marcs didn't say he was better or even as good as Maldini just that he would be up at his level by the time he finishes, which is a fair comment given what he's achieved already.
You're right, they're not the same type of defender, Maldini was on a different planet both as a defender and a footballer. He might have not been as aggressive going forward or on in the opposition box but he was really smart on his offensive movements and I can hardly see Ramos being better than him offensively, different maybe but not better.

To say that he will end up at the same level as him you have to have seen him both perform similarly and that's where I disagree, I have never seen Ramos perform at Maldini’s level or having the same kind of influence on a side that he had at any age. He has won more at international level yes but at clubs he's trailing way behind him and I can’t see him catching up, you're talking about someone with 5 UCL medals.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 06:04:48 pm by Lastrador »

Offline GlenJohnson2

• Legacy Fan
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
« Reply #188 on: April 25, 2013, 05:50:31 pm »
Can't believe some people dont rate Ramos... One of the best CBs in the world for me.
Manchester United could win fifty titles, but they will always be the Rolling Stones of football. Good, just not quite that band from Liverpool.

You should literally be skinned for such a fucking daft answer :o

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #189 on: April 25, 2013, 05:56:58 pm »
I rate him; I just don't think he will end up at the Pantheon of defenders when he retires.

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
  • It's magic you know, Two FA Cups in a row
« Reply #190 on: April 25, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »
Not sure if you've seen this, but here is Subotic celebrating the Budesliga win with the fans and leading the chanting two years ago. Fucking amazing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Catx0KS5I4Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Catx0KS5I4Q?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PhvEt3efGPI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PhvEt3efGPI?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2013, 06:25:14 pm »
I rate him; I just don't think he will end up at the Pantheon of defenders when he retires.
Yeah I think we got that ;)

We'll have to agree to disagree I suppose, not much I can say for what is an entirely objective opinion.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 25, 2013, 06:26:29 pm »

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #193 on: April 25, 2013, 06:40:49 pm »
Borussia Dortmund have a lower wage budget than Queens Park Rangers. Chris Samba earns more than any Dortmund player.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 25, 2013, 06:42:12 pm »
Borussia Dortmund have a lower wage budget than Queens Park Rangers. Chris Samba earns more than any Dortmund player.

:o There's some on here that were disappointed we never went for Samba.

Will be interesting to see how Dortmund do when Klopp moves on.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #195 on: April 25, 2013, 06:49:13 pm »
At list should be done of these, Iv heard about five in the last 24 hours alone.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #196 on: April 25, 2013, 06:52:32 pm »
Remember seeing those Subotic dancing videos before from a fan's perspective in the crowd, here it is. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmPko8L5A0I

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 25, 2013, 07:14:35 pm »
You know what I see in them? each time they do a quick attack (be that a normal run or a counter) they kinda just go into this "nirvana" of quick passes that really aren't predictable (lots of heel, outside of the foot weird passes) and they are tremendously effective.

Of course, they don't always come out, which you could see gave Madrid some chances and some time on the ball, but 'ell when they got a clinical guy upfront, coupled with pace and sneakiness of Reus and the master-class midfielder that Gündogan is, they move it and they move it nicely!

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2013, 07:18:51 pm »

What a club

I could make love to this .gif

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2013, 07:36:06 pm »

What a club

Everything we could be. Alas, we buy Carroll's and Downings for the money teams beating Madrid 4-1 are built. 
What belongs to you, but is used by others?