Author Topic: Battle of the Nations Draft II - Discussion, Shit-talking, and Team Building  (Read 86908 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

I think we go with this. Away until this evening. Have fun
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Is Essien wasted slightly in a holding role?

Was Lauren as good as we think he is or was he just at Arsenal at the right time? No strong opinion either way on that one, just asking for the sake of debate!

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria
Is Essien wasted slightly in a holding role?

Yep, swerved him for this reason.

I like the versions of their team with both Essien & Vidal in midfield though. Neither of them is a classic holding midfielder, but they offer enough defensively between them while also being able to contribute in attack.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Not for the first time, Dutch legend Frank Rijkaard has been caught on camera spitting on another player. This time instead of Rudi Voller, it was Southampton legend Francis Benali recently flown in after the confusion of him being drafted into the Dream Team. As you can see from our exclusive footage below, Francis was none too pleased.

This has resulted in Rijkaard being banned from the Dutch national team. Further to this, for crimes against drafting, Johan Neeskens has been removed from the line-up. He is not and never has been a right winger. Claus will now have to make two new selections for his team.

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Pirlo is the heartbeat of our team you fucker.

Poor man's Tom Huddlestone.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Is that the sound of the Babelcopter I can hear.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
There's no doubt I'll be out in the first round but this has been most enjoyable ;D

Can't wait for Claus to get on and see what's happened to his team

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Betts how do we know Johan's political leanings? He very well could've been a right winger.

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Offline Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
Yep, incredible player, but in no way a Klopp player. He needs to play in a more patient probing side. Basically 2006 Italy with a Gatusso or De Rossi beside him to do the heavy lifting.
If only we had a player like Benetti in there alongside him to do the heavy lifting...

Oh wait...

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
If only we had a player like Benetti in there alongside him to do the heavy lifting...

Oh wait...

Benwhoti?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Could've put Captain Bertorelli in there instead of Benetti and none of us would've been the wiser.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I would have thought Edgar Davids and Royston Drenthe would be the obvious replacements for Claus.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Could've put Captain Bertorelli in there instead of Benetti and none of us would've been the wiser.

Captain Corelli?

« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 10:50:40 am by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It's the same issue I've had with you lot in the past.  Questioning players like Paco Gento, Konoplywho?ka and Badger Cull

It's not my fault none of you have the depth of knowledge of world football players from yesteryear as I have (by depth of knowledge, I mean Google).

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It's the same issue I've had with you lot in the past.  Questioning players like Paco Gento, Konoplywho?ka and Badger Cull

It's not my fault none of you have the depth of knowledge of world football players from yesteryear as I have (by depth of knowledge, I mean Google).

The classic Prof playbook. Pick someone no one knows about and then bang on about him like he’s amazing and we’re the idiots.

I see you.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Badger Cull was iconic, how the fuck you made it back to Europe from a South American player I don't know.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Badger Cull was iconic, how the fuck you made it back to Europe from a South American player I don't know.  ;D

Oh, right on cue, here’s Smithers.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

The Battiston moment

Clearly gone power mad, in his latest controversial move draft lord Betty has decided to seek revenge on the Germans. Casting us back 38 years to the 1982 World Cup semi-final between France and Germany, where ze German goalkeeper Schumacher knocked French hero and all round nice guy Battiston unconscious, forcing him off the field with two missing teeth, three cracked ribs, and damaged vertebrae (with no foul given). France were forced to replace the injured Battiston, who himself had only come on ten minutes earlier. Which meant they had used all their subs by extra-time. By contrast, Germany had the opportunity to bring on fresh legs in Rummenigge, and of course it was him who scored five minutes after taking the field helping them turn the tide and take the match to penalties. They would later win out with the Platini led France robbed of reaching the final.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germany_v_France_(1982_FIFA_World_Cup)

In light of these crimes against good sportsmanship, retroactive bans have been given to Rummenigge and Breitner who were both members of that 1982 German National team. Lothar Matthaus who was also a member of the squad has escaped punishment due to not appearing in the final. For now at least. Both players are now ineligible for Germany and manager Insole Petrol must find replacements.

« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 11:09:21 am by Betty Blue »

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
For those of you who haven't heard of Romeo Benetti

https://forzaitalianfootball.com/2016/03/top-10-serie-a-nastiest-players/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/z-K4MTu5N-k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/z-K4MTu5N-k</a>

From Wikipedia

Style of play
Nicknamed Panzer (tank), El Tigre (the tiger), and Roccia (rock), Benetti was a tenacious, mobile, athletic, and complete midfielder, who was known in particular for his physical strength, stamina, charisma, determination, consistency, and leadership as footballer, as well as the trademark moustache that he bore for most of his career.
You definitely wrote that didn't you?  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Oh, right on cue, here’s Smithers.

I take offense to that, I'm more like Barney without the great opera voice.  ;D

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
The classic Prof playbook. Pick someone no one knows about and then bang on about him like he’s amazing and we’re the idiots.

I see you.

You got me!

:lmao :lmao

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

From Wikipedia

HAHA that's fantastic! Great spot.

I take offense to that, I'm more like Barney without the great opera voice.  ;D

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

From Wikipedia
Believe it not, no

But whoever did clearly knows their Italian football

Offline Prof

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

The Battiston moment

Clearly gone power mad, in his latest controversial move draft lord Betty has decided to seek revenge on the Germans. Casting us back 38 years to the 1982 World Cup semi-final between France and Germany, where ze German goalkeeper Schumacher knocked French hero and all round nice guy Battiston unconscious, forcing him off the field with two missing teeth, three cracked ribs, and damaged vertebrae (with no foul given). France were forced to replace the injured Battiston, who himself had only come on ten minutes earlier. Which meant they had used all their subs by extra-time. By contrast, Germany had the opportunity to bring on fresh legs in Rummenigge, and of course it was him who scored five minutes after taking the field helping them turn the tide and take the match to penalties. They would later win out with the Platini led France robbed of reaching the final.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germany_v_France_(1982_FIFA_World_Cup)

In light of these crimes against good sportsmanship, retroactive bans have been given to Rummenigge and Breitner who were both members of that 1982 German National team. Lothar Matthaus who was also a member of the squad has escaped punishment due to not appearing in the final. For now at least. Both players are now ineligible for Germany and manager Insole Petrol must find replacements.
At least that great bunch from the other side of the Alps made ze Germans pay in the final

Naturally one of the Dream Team created this iconic world cup moment on his way to securing the title...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Samie and Prof,

If the Germans are getting hit now (and rightly so), it is only a matter of time until your lads' boats get flooded in Venice.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
One last announcement for this evening....

In light of the recent activation of wildcard 2*, we have another breaking story for you. Alfredo Di Stefano of Spain has decided to switch allegiances and represent Max's newly formed team. There was talk of him joining up with Messi and Maradona, but ever the honourable gentleman he felt his talents would be best served assisting the little guy. This means Spain will now need to choose another striker for their first 11.

Someone's going to have to explain this to me. Max can pick players out of any other team?

Offline KingLuis10

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria

Did you consider my proposal of using Son as a wing back? I think he has all the attributes for it. The idea came to me in a flash of brilliance this morning, you can thank me later (maybe by letting me steal another one of your players?).

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Someone's going to have to explain this to me. Max can pick players out of any other team?

I don’t know what half the teams are. Sounds like Tubby can’t pick until all these bits are done.

That reminds me, I’ll check with Flash in what our final team should be!

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan

My team is made up of players remaining from Italy and Argentinian squads. Di Stefano is only available due to Betty's Decree.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2020, 12:00:44 pm by Max_powers »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Yeah I can't do anything until everything is finished, I've no idea where everyone is at right now.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
My team is made up of leftovers from Italy and Argentinian squads. Di Stefano is only available due to Betty's Decree.
Di Stefano was a Spanish international, over 30 caps and he's number eight on their all-time scorers list. I don't decide who's qualified to play for each country, FIFA decides.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

You lost Di Stefano since he declared himself Argentine. Max's wildcard is to create a half Argie half Italian side out of the unpicked players. Not too much fun, so Di Stefano is a little gift from me to him.

Most of the teams will end up jumbled up by the end of this. The first Battle of the Nations answered the question as to which nation was the greatest - Brazil. This one is just a bit of fun to keep us entertained in lockdown.

Yeah I can't do anything until everything is finished, I've no idea where everyone is at right now.

I'll inform you when it's time to do your thing. You'll also have to wait for Gerry to use his wildcard. Sorry it's taking awhile, but I promise the wait will be worth it  ;)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Di Stefano was a Spanish international, over 30 caps and he's number eight on their all-time scorers list. I don't decide who's qualified to play for each country, FIFA decides.

You seem to have missed the point of this draft?

I can do anything I want to you all and I made that clear when we started it. This is not a serious draft, just a bit of fun to pass the time.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
It's bad when at the start of the draft you have to refer people to a wiki page.

"Look he did exist, I wasn't lying, plus he's a great player you've never heard of.."

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bloody eck, this is serious business from Sheer.  ;D

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
You seem to have missed the point of this draft?

I can do anything I want to you all and I made that clear when we started it. This is not a serious draft, just a bit of fun to pass the time.
Oh yes, I almost forgot this was one of your drafts.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Oh yes, I almost forgot this was one of your drafts.

:lmao

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Did you consider my proposal of using Son as a wing back? I think he has all the attributes for it. The idea came to me in a flash of brilliance this morning, you can thank me later (maybe by letting me steal another one of your players?).

I love you now ---  Son Moves
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: