Author Topic: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)  (Read 887362 times)

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
Re: Reina leaps to defence of Suarez - ESPN
« Reply #7000 on: December 23, 2011, 04:11:10 pm »
Well done Pepe and all the team, staff and club for getting behind him! 
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Pheeny

Re: Luis Suarez - FA guilty charge and LFC Statement (*)
« Reply #7001 on: December 23, 2011, 04:12:17 pm »
here we go again! talkshite Liverpool bashing!!
why listen?

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7002 on: December 23, 2011, 04:15:59 pm »
When backed up by what we now can assume to be pretty conclusive insight that the term 'negra' or 'negrita' is no more than an instinctive Uraguyan colloquialism meaning 'pal' [as in what's your probelm pal?] - it would seem that Evra has virtually no defence. He instigated it. He was the aggressor, he was the one feigning injury for a "foul" that never actually occured. He was the ungracious twat who began the 'spat'.

I agree with you. How can any Red - correction how can any fair minded reasonably well balanced person - who was there to see Evra's typical aggressive snarling show of pique and now knows the real meaning of what it seems was said by both parties see it any differently?
   That's what I'm saying. Even one of the moderators can't see that train of thought. I may be stupid but I know what is right.

Offline S.Red please

• SerbianRed ;)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs
    • HFSG
« Reply #7003 on: December 23, 2011, 04:16:21 pm »

Why are you listening? It's talksport for fucks sake.
Justice for the 97

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #7004 on: December 23, 2011, 04:16:41 pm »

Why put it on and give them listener numbers which is exactly what they're after?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7005 on: December 23, 2011, 04:17:12 pm »
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7006 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:11 pm »
since when was talkshite worth listening to anyway

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7007 on: December 23, 2011, 04:18:25 pm »

Never fight with idiots they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline yes

• no. prog punditry
  • Kopite
  • I got the ill communication
Re: Media double standards on racism #2134 - The Daily Mail
« Reply #7008 on: December 23, 2011, 04:21:06 pm »
Err... there are a few on here that are doing that and if you see it - report to mod please and we will deal with it. They don't represent the site or most of the posters. We have always had an uncompromising attitude to racism, sexism and homophobia on this site - that hasn't changed as a result of the Suarez verdict.

As for the Daily Mail - it has an editor and the point I was making was that the editorial line since the Suarez verdict is at odds with the piece published weeks ago. My contention is that the current editorial line on racism would not allow that October piece to be published now.

I could be wrong but I don't think I am.

Don't get me wrong Alan, I agree with everything you've said and I don't think what I said is to the detriment of that.

My issue is that anyone who reads the Daily Mail knows, or more like deserves, what they're going to get, whereas I'd like to think we as a club are one of the more socially progressive and, I'll stress again, some of the stuff knocking around over the last couple of days was from another era.

I suppose it's case of me being more concerned with the behaviour of our own before pointing the finger at an entity that has a long-established tradition of shithousery. As I say that's not to say your point is invalid because it's clearly not, just that in context I'm more disappointed with what I'm hearing coming from a significant minority of Liverpool supporters.

I'm also aware of the attitude towards prejudice from your end and understand that you can't control the thought processes of each and every individual. It wasn't meant as a critique on the moderators, more that I was surprised to see people so openly discussing their archaic beliefs in public, disingenuously or otherwise.

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
Re: Brilliant Suarez article from goal.com
« Reply #7009 on: December 23, 2011, 04:24:22 pm »
This is a brilliant article and it's enlightening to read some sense at last on the issue from a journalist.
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7010 on: December 23, 2011, 04:27:34 pm »
Fuck me , wandered over to Blue Moon to look at the spying Kop answers and landed on this doozey of a thread

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=241360&start=960

I almost questioned my own sanity and i all of the points of view in my head was because of the red tinted glasses. Unfortunately after going through a few pages of that Bile i realized that like it or not we are now (as a club and supporters) well and truly at war and will be forced to have a siege mentality

I would wish no man other than Kenny to be my general

I've read loads of other clubs forums and we have the support of no one.

I wish we'd just accept that Luis has been misunderstood and whilst he's not racist we'll accept that he's been found guilty by the panel of making an offensive gesture. Louis apologizes for the misunderstanding, we appeal and that's that. It will probably be reduced to a 3 game ban which is the best we will get out of this with now.

This is just spiralling out of control now and we are doing ourselves no favours whatsoever.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7011 on: December 23, 2011, 04:28:19 pm »
I'm not even sure. But i know when I read the players statement, and found out that the team were going wearing the t-shirts, i groaned, because I knew what the reaction from the press would be. I know we say, fuck them and all that, and rightly so, but like it or not, they are a powerful beast. I've even been keeping away from it as much I can, but it's nearly impossible, we're being attacked from all fucking sides here.

This is where we disagree slightly, Bob. Because make no mistake - Liverpool FC and Liverpool the City have been attacked from all fucking sides for more years than I care to remember. Every year there is another attack from a new source. It's been going on since Thatcher and her Cronies and even before then. Look at the average opinion of your average 'Englishman' about Liverpool.

I'm in a different boat than some because I'm not originally from Liverpool - I'm not a Scouser, but I've lived here for 25 years.

I have lived outside Liverpool and I live in it now and I see what is flung at the City and the Club and the people is utterly unfair. In many cases it's bigoted. I can see it and be objective about it because I always remember what was said about "Scousers" and their "City".

When I first worked in Liverpool I was literally terrified. I remembered all the papers and the press more or less saying everyone there was benefit scum, would kill you if they had the chance and were basically evil. I was terrified.

And then I came across the lovliest, friendliest people I'd personally met in the UK. I came to a vibrant City proud of its past and although in trouble financially proud of its future to come. I found warmth, decency, quiet brilliance and acceptance.

And I've lived here ever since.

And yet look around even now - the same shite about 'Scousers' the same shite about the City. The same shite about Liverpool FC.

I may not be a Scouser but I'm fucking proud of this place, it's people and both Clubs. I used to live in other places in England but if they don't like us then fuck them.

This has been going on for decades.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7012 on: December 23, 2011, 04:30:47 pm »
Showed that pic to someone I know, their reply was simply "its no excuse to break the law in England and say its not illegal in another country"

Think she missed the point.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #7014 on: December 23, 2011, 04:32:53 pm »
I may not be a Scouser but I'm fucking proud of this place, it's people and both Clubs. I used to live in other places in England but if they don't like us then fuck them.

You seem Scouse enough to me, Andy  :scarf
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7015 on: December 23, 2011, 04:36:17 pm »
Don't get me wrong Alan, I agree with everything you've said and I don't think what I said is to the detriment of that.

My issue is that anyone who reads the Daily Mail knows, or more like deserves, what they're going to get, whereas I'd like to think we as a club are one of the more socially progressive and, I'll stress again, some of the stuff knocking around over the last couple of days was from another era.

I suppose it's case of me being more concerned with the behaviour of our own before pointing the finger at an entity that has a long-established tradition of shithousery. As I say that's not to say your point is invalid because it's clearly not, just that in context I'm more disappointed with what I'm hearing coming from a significant minority of Liverpool supporters.

I'm also aware of the attitude towards prejudice from your end and understand that you can't control the thought processes of each and every individual. It wasn't meant as a critique on the moderators, more that I was surprised to see people so openly discussing their archaic beliefs in public, disingenuously or otherwise.

Fair comment. The FA have created a real shit-storm with this one and I agree whole-heartedly that we need to be careful not to give people anymore ammunition than necessary.

Like I say - if you see any bad examples use the report to moderator button.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7016 on: December 23, 2011, 04:36:17 pm »
What a guy.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7017 on: December 23, 2011, 04:37:08 pm »

so the message that the T-Shirts send out is...and I quote.. 'We're Liverpool and we'll be racist if we want to'

the club should sue this tinpot station and the ginger haired shit stirring c*nt Adrian Durham
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline martinkelly

• Kopite
« Reply #7018 on: December 23, 2011, 04:37:28 pm »
Fucking love him, a lot.

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #7019 on: December 23, 2011, 04:38:07 pm »
Because all too often the person who inadvertently utters the word is uttered a racist by all and sundry and hung out to dry, rather than politely educated that the word is no longer appropriate and perhaps it should not be used next time?

Take Hansen last night... if you look at twitter today there's plenty of accounts linking him to the KKK. I mean wtf

No doubt being hung out to dry by the same people who will profess something or other is political correctness gone mad in relation to something else. 

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what Hansen said was just stupid, not racist.  From what a gather about Twitter, common sense is a bit of a rarity?  That said a man in Hansen's position should know better. 

I do still find it incredible that anyone can still think the term 'coloured' is the acceptable term to describe someone who is black, but I know that lots do.   Just from TV alone, prior to Hansen on MOTD when did anyone last hear anyone refer to someone as coloured rather than black?  Or in  newspapers?  As an example, the Stephen Lawrenson case is everywhere at the moment. 

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #7020 on: December 23, 2011, 04:39:46 pm »
so the message that the T-Shirts send out is...and I quote.. 'We're Liverpool and we'll be racist if we want to'

the club should sue this tinpot station and the ginger haired shit stirring c*nt Adrian Durham

absolute joke!!
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7021 on: December 23, 2011, 04:41:21 pm »
Pepe was the gift of the last decade from Rafa. What a servant to this club.

There are people who have played a long side him in the team for nearly as many years as him who will never be club legends in my eyes but Pepe has cemented his place as one of the greats in the history of this club.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7022 on: December 23, 2011, 04:41:23 pm »
They're on a roll now.

We're all thick and 'choosing to ignore this serious issue.'. ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7023 on: December 23, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »
Why listen to them then?

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7024 on: December 23, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »
I've read loads of other clubs forums and we have the support of no one.

I wish we'd just accept that Luis has been misunderstood and whilst he's not racist we'll accept that he's been found guilty by the panel of making an offensive gesture. Louis apologizes for the misunderstanding, we appeal and that's that. It will probably be reduced to a 3 game ban which is the best we will get out of this with now.

This is just spiralling out of control now and we are doing ourselves no favours whatsoever.
Kenny - we don't give a shite what the other clubs think(we wouldn't expect them to support us).
 We are proud of who we are.
 We are proud of Luis Suarez(ask them if they'd like him to play for them).
 It's just great to follow Liverpool F.C

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7025 on: December 23, 2011, 04:44:30 pm »
No doubt being hung out to dry by the same people who will profess something or other is political correctness gone mad in relation to something else. 

Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows what Hansen said was just stupid, not racist.  From what a gather about Twitter, common sense is a bit of a rarity?  That said a man in Hansen's position should know better. 

I do still find it incredible that anyone can still think the term 'coloured' is the acceptable term to describe someone who is black, but I know that lots do.   Just from TV alone, prior to Hansen on MOTD when did anyone last hear anyone refer to someone as coloured rather than black?  Or in  newspapers?  As an example, the Stephen Lawrenson case is everywhere at the moment.

Rather sheepishly I hold my hand up for that charge. Im 54 and had no idea that coloured was now considered offensive, none at all. I consider myself to be aware of current affairs I read a lot and watch documentary type TV not soaps and amateur/celeb competitions. Given the current climate I wonder what else I dont know and might get shot for?
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #7026 on: December 23, 2011, 04:44:43 pm »
I can't get over the fucking Star and the Mail's reporters getting up on their soapbox over racism when they work for a paper who can't even be bothered to moderate the reader comments on their website.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7027 on: December 23, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »
They're on a roll now.

I never thought I'd agree with Gough but he's right here, this needs cutting in the bud I just feel were in too deep now.

This is spiralling out of control now, when a simple apology if he's been misunderstood but no offence was meant would of ended it and got the ban reduced on appeal.

Offline lfc ant

• Main Stander
  • The Future Is Bright- the future is Liverpool!
« Reply #7028 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »
They're on a roll now.

I tuned in just to hear what we were up against ,and boy, we are up against it! What does Darren Gough know about Liverpool FC! Complete shite, won't be listening to it again. AND now a liverpool fan calling up saying he is withdrawing his support from liverpool fc!  :butt

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7029 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:43 pm »
I never thought I'd agree with Gough but he's right here, this needs cutting in the bud I just feel were in too deep now.

This is spiralling out of control now, when a simple apology if he's been misunderstood but no offence was meant would of ended it and got the ban reduced on appeal.

turn it in.

Pheeny

« Reply #7030 on: December 23, 2011, 04:46:55 pm »
Rather sheepishly I hold my hand up for that charge. Im 54 and had no idea that coloured was now considered offensive, none at all. I consider myself to be aware of current affairs I read a lot and watch documentary type TV not soaps and amateur/celeb competitions. Given the current climate I wonder what else I dont know and might get shot for?
51 here and didn't know about "coloured" until I was pulled up about it on here a couple of years ago.Still come out with it every so often with out meaning offence.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #7031 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:00 pm »
I tuned in just to hear what we were up against ,and boy, we are up against it! What does Darren Gough know about Liverpool FC! Complete shite, won't be listening to it again. AND now a liverpool fan calling up saying he is withdrawing his support from liverpool fc!  :butt

Why are people still listening?

Offline meff

• istoffeles?
  • Kopite
  • does your dog bite?
« Reply #7032 on: December 23, 2011, 04:47:03 pm »
The world doesn't revolve around the English FA, which is really just a small, ugly, hairy wart on the arse that is the world.

I know they would like it to but unfortunately for them that is not and never will be the case.

Outside of this country, have we witnessed any back-slapping or semblance of universal approval for the FA's conduct? Didn't think so. You reap what you sow in this life and those who are just plain stupid or have no concept of sound judgement usually find this out the hard way. Was the world cup bid debacle not a harsh enough lesson?
For those about to Klopp! We salute you

Pheeny

« Reply #7033 on: December 23, 2011, 04:48:46 pm »
so have "Talk Shite" quoted Evra who said that he believes Luis is not a racist?

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #7034 on: December 23, 2011, 04:48:54 pm »
is Darren Gough actually this fuckin thick?....it must be an act surely

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7035 on: December 23, 2011, 04:51:13 pm »
so have "Talk Shite" quoted Evra who said that he believes Luis is not a racist?

The only people I've heard that have questioned that accusation is Keys & Gray to be honest

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7036 on: December 23, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
Ive been thinking for a while that a European Super League was on the cards and it was just a matter of time before it happened. I wonder if anyone at LFC is thinking now might be the time to start the push for it to happen sooner rather than later?
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7037 on: December 23, 2011, 04:53:29 pm »
Ive been thinking for a while that a European Super League was on the cards and it was just a matter of time before it happened. I wonder if anyone at LFC is thinking now might be the time to start the push for it to happen sooner rather than later?

I was always, always against it. But it has to happen now. We have to get our club out of England and away from these morons. It's actually embarrasing.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7038 on: December 23, 2011, 04:53:51 pm »

No. If we genuinely believe Luis is innocent we have to go as far as we can to clear his name. I don't give a shit what the fuckwits think, we're not going to lie down and take it any more. Can't wait 'til Luis is cleared, let's see what the bell ends have to say then.

Offline ClaireW

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "If I can't dance, it's not my revolution"
« Reply #7039 on: December 23, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »

To be honest, I don't think it is deemed offensive per se.  I think it's a term which is widely accepted as one which people say when they wrongly think they are saying the right thing.  It doesn't even begin to compare to the N word or other such terms.

As part of my job I train in Equality & Diversity and I have lost count of the number of people who think it's the right term and really do not mean any offence by it at all.