Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 792594 times)

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
Re: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)
« Reply #6720 on: Yesterday at 10:27:26 pm »
I remember chamberlain done an interview and said how bad he was at rondos and stuff like that where you need technical ability. He’s all heart and determination but the older he gets the more apparent you can see his technical ability. That was truly abysmal out there.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6721 on: Yesterday at 10:28:58 pm »
I remember chamberlain done an interview and said how bad he was at rondos and stuff like that where you need technical ability. He’s all heart and determination but the older he gets the more apparent you can see his technical ability. That was truly abysmal out there.

Yep, he was never going to be a player that lasts into his 30's at this level. Some people have buried their heads in the sand when it comes to his performances for a few years now, but he was embarrassing tonight.

Offline DHRED

• Main Stander
« Reply #6722 on: Yesterday at 10:37:13 pm »
He’s been a fantastic servant for us and a cornerstone of Klopps tenure here, but he looked like a competition winner tonight.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #6723 on: Yesterday at 10:37:54 pm »
Got a bit of stick in the transfer thread a few weeks ago for saying it but since 2020 it's just been like watching another player. I don't think he's ever got back to being anywhere near that level. Was hard watching some of his intended attacking contributions tonight, it really was. I think as much as anything we need to find the next Andy Robertson. I'd still have him around of course, think he can do a job over the next couple of years, move Kostas on, maybe see if you can get Beck/Chambers another good loan in them at an actually decent level in the process.

I really feel with Salah and Van Dijk their efforts have let them down, it's not really like that with Robbo, he's the same man he was, he's just not the same player. The amount of declines we've seen in line with Klopp's departure is enough to make anyone who's followed Klopp's great side over the years weep. I imagine this is what it felt like when Shanks' side looked past it at the turn of the 70s, despite albeit a completely different game filled with too many egos now.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6724 on: Yesterday at 10:39:02 pm »
Cant do two games a week anymore.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6725 on: Yesterday at 10:39:40 pm »
Let’s not be too over the top, he still has a role to play here. Most assists ever for a full back in the PL.

He needs to improve his delivery but he’s more than fine for another season or two even if not an automatic first choice.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6726 on: Yesterday at 10:47:20 pm »
He's injected a bit of energy/tempo into our play in recent games and he's one of the few senior players who looks like he's actually trying out there, so he deserves credit for that. He's pretty inconsistent these days though, capable of rolling back the years and putting in great performances, but the poor performances have been becoming more regular for probably going on 2 years now. He's played a huge amount of (very high intensity) football since signing for us, I think there's probably only a handful of others in the league who'd compare over the same time frame.

His quality on the ball is... a mixed bag.