Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12292826 times)

Online Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #99080 on: February 22, 2019, 01:51:09 pm »
The draw for the last 16 onwards for the UEFA Youth League has been made.  We'll be up against Dinamo Zagreb in the last 16, playing in Zagreb.  Then it's Chelsea or Montpellier, also away from home & then if we get to the semis, it would be 1 of Barcelona, Hertha Berlin, Lyon or Ajax.  Some interesting ties if we can get past Zagreb.

The 8 teams who we could meet in the final: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Hoffenheim, Dynamo Kiev, Porto, Spurs, Man Utd or Midtyjlland

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99081 on: February 23, 2019, 11:56:17 am »
U18s playing away at Newcastle this morning.  0-0 at half time.  Glatzel might be having time off for his birthday because he is not even on the bench.  O’rouke Has the armband.

Team: Jaros, R Williams, Boyes, Larouci, Walls, Clarkson, Dixon-B, Ritaccio, Bearne, Duncan, O’rourke.

Tagseth in the bench so coming back from another injury.  Also Layton Stewart from the U16s, and Thomas Hill (never heard of him, maybe an U16 striker?)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #99082 on: February 23, 2019, 12:04:21 pm »
U18s playing away at Newcastle this morning.  0-0 at half time.  Glatzel might be having time off for his birthday because he is not even on the bench.  O’rouke Has the armband.

Team: Jaros, R Williams, Boyes, Larouci, Walls, Clarkson, Dixon-B, Ritaccio, Bearne, Duncan, O’rourke.

Tagseth in the bench so coming back from another injury.  Also Layton Stewart from the U16s, and Thomas Hill (never heard of him, maybe an U16 striker?)
Thanks for update. U23 play tomorrow, maybe Glatzel travelling to Bournemouth for that. Where is Hoever recently?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99083 on: February 23, 2019, 12:46:11 pm »
Nearly over and we’re losing 1-0.  At least Everton are losing too 4-2 against Stoke, and Man U, one point behind us before today, are drawing with Blackburn.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99084 on: February 23, 2019, 12:54:21 pm »
Clarkson in the 91st minute and we get a draw.  That should put us above everton

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99085 on: February 23, 2019, 12:59:11 pm »
Good come back, this squad do like the late goals!

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99086 on: February 23, 2019, 02:21:21 pm »
Clarkson in the 91st minute and we get a draw.  That should put us above everton

so our youth squad have a pact with the devil too?

all i hear about u18 are duncan and glatzel. Hows the rest of the players doing? anyone flying under the radar in midfield or defence that looks like a decent prospect ?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99087 on: February 23, 2019, 02:32:15 pm »
so our youth squad have a pact with the devil too?

all i hear about u18 are duncan and glatzel. Hows the rest of the players doing? anyone flying under the radar in midfield or defence that looks like a decent prospect ?
Clarkson looks good but he'll likely need to develop physically to make it in England in he's position he plays at the moment at the base of midfield. think only chelsea play with a pure passer there in the pl and cant imagine theres many down the leagues

Jake Cain reminds me of lallana, two footed and good on the ball, but like Clarkson will need some physical development but also more end product.

They've done the right thing moving Larouci back early, he's gotten better defensively this season and it gives him more of a chance of breaking through he or somewhere else.

I dont think.theyre the 3 best but they've been the biggest surprises for me for a couple different reasons. Also dont think there's any real stand outs in the side but lots of good players, lewtas has done well with them.this year.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99088 on: February 24, 2019, 05:36:29 pm »
U23’s beat Bournemouth 2-0. McAuley and Glatzel scored and Woodburn started and impressed.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 06:30:38 pm by RogerTheRed »

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99089 on: February 25, 2019, 03:58:36 pm »
Has the Championship loan window ended as well or can Woodburn still go out on loan?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99090 on: February 25, 2019, 04:20:14 pm »
Has the Championship loan window ended as well or can Woodburn still go out on loan?
Theyd dont have an extended loan window now

Offline Maldini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99091 on: February 26, 2019, 04:25:44 pm »
Theyd dont have an extended loan window now

Thanks, shame for him, he probably needs games.

i noticed Rhys Williams and Paul Glatzel both signed their first pro deals just after turning 18, usually kids sign them at 17. Is this a change of policy from us or just a quirk of circumstances with these two?

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99092 on: February 26, 2019, 05:28:02 pm »

i noticed Rhys Williams and Paul Glatzel both signed their first pro deals just after turning 18, usually kids sign them at 17. Is this a change of policy from us or just a quirk of circumstances with these two?

Unless there’s a suggestion they want to leave as well we want them to stay, I should think it’s a good thing to keep some flexibility.  This time last year Glatzel probably had’t played more than 90 mins for the U18s for injury.  Now he has pushed on and deserves his reward.  Rhys did pretty well last year but I think the club has to think hard about who it keeps on after 2 years in the U18s because the U21s seem to have fewer games, in addition to which there are more than 2 years worth of players stockpiling up, and youngsters training with the firsts who need game time. 

So they have to think about how use (keep, sell, loan) Phillips (the most senior after our 4 first team players), Johnston, Masterson, Whelan, Clayton and Boyes.  That is, Williams, Clayton and Boyes are all due to move up next year, if kept on. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99093 on: February 26, 2019, 05:30:36 pm »
Unless there’s a suggestion they want to leave as well we want them to stay, I should think it’s a good thing to keep some flexibility.  This time last year Glatzel probably had’t played more than 90 mins for the U18s for injury.  Now he has pushed on and deserves his reward.  Rhys did pretty well last year but I think the club has to think hard about who it keeps on after 2 years in the U18s because the U21s seem to have fewer games, in addition to which there are more than 2 years worth of players stockpiling up, and youngsters training with the firsts who need game time. 

So they have to think about how use (keep, sell, loan) Phillips (the most senior after our 4 first team players), Johnston, Masterson, Whelan, Clayton and Boyes.  That is, Williams, Clayton and Boyes are all due to move up next year, if kept on.

Almost forgot about Raitanen, who will be 18 in June so a younger second year U18, who has barely played.  Maybe he has one or two sub appearances in total.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99094 on: February 26, 2019, 05:31:50 pm »
Almost forgot about Raitanen, who will be 18 in June so a younger second year U18, who has barely played.  Maybe he has one or two sub appearances in total.

Bu***r that, I’ve also forgotten Hoever.  How could I?

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99095 on: February 26, 2019, 05:34:30 pm »
Its more of an issue giving not good enough players their 2nd/3rd contracts or signings like juanma. Signing their first pro deal keeps them here until the season they turn 19, or a season after being u18 eligable.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #99096 on: February 26, 2019, 06:06:08 pm »
Rhys Williams has signed his first professional contract with Liverpool Football Club.

The Preston-born centre-back has been a regular in the Reds’ U18s and UEFA Youth League teams this season.

Williams, who turned 18 earlier this month, originally joined the club as an U10 and has progressed through the age groups at the Academy.

He recently made his first start at U23 level against Villarreal having made several appearances off the bench for Neil Critchley’s team.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99097 on: February 26, 2019, 10:27:37 pm »
Ahhh ok my mistake, tbf to POP he did say his definition was quite strict.

It sure is. Logically, by his definition there can only be one world-class goalkeeper at any given time.  ;)
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99098 on: March 2, 2019, 10:33:22 am »
Neck back from injury to start the U18s game this morning (on lfc tv).   No sign of Glatzel and Sharif so they must be with the U21s who play on Monday. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99099 on: March 2, 2019, 10:34:01 am »
Neck back from injury to start the U18s game this morning (on lfc tv).   No sign of Glatzel and Sharif so they must be with the U21s who play on Monday.

I hate this predictive text.  Neco Williams I meant

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #99100 on: March 2, 2019, 12:25:08 pm »
3-2 for the Reds at 64 minutes. Missed quite a few chances!

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99101 on: March 2, 2019, 12:26:52 pm »
Mind you, so have Blackburn!

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99102 on: March 2, 2019, 12:28:03 pm »
4-2

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99103 on: March 2, 2019, 12:30:15 pm »
5-2.......think we might win this one!

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99104 on: March 2, 2019, 12:35:36 pm »
6-2 Bobby Duncan hat trick.

Online Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99105 on: March 2, 2019, 12:53:14 pm »
7-2 full time. Well played young reds. Top of the league!!

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99106 on: March 2, 2019, 08:32:53 pm »
Great season being played by these guys

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99107 on: March 2, 2019, 08:36:18 pm »
I hate this predictive text.  Neco Williams I meant

Glad you clarified that. I was trying to figure out what country Neck Back was from.   ;D

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99108 on: March 2, 2019, 08:49:32 pm »
6-2 Bobby Duncan hat trick.

Duncan signed pro contract yet? Needs to happen if not. Massive Talent!

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99109 on: March 2, 2019, 09:14:16 pm »
Duncan signed pro contract yet? Needs to happen if not. Massive Talent!
He did when we signed him i believe

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99110 on: March 3, 2019, 12:15:26 am »
Bobby Duncan should be fast-tracked into the first team- exceptional talent.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99111 on: March 3, 2019, 08:08:53 am »

I agree.

Get him training with the 1st team in pre season.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99112 on: March 3, 2019, 09:56:57 am »

Don't know if this is serious but there is a huge gulf between U18 and 1sts.  Adam Morgan couldn't stop scoring for the U18s.  He even did well at U21 level, but he's off the radar now.  Jerome Sinclair too, perhaps less so at U21s.  I rate Liam Millar highly.  He has real pace, is two footed and was prolific at U18 level, even when not playing the central role.  But he has struggled in his first season in U21s.  Hopefully when he gets more game time at Kilmarnock he'll show what he's about.  He's still young.  Brewster looked good underage in the U21s so have some hope for him but it is no guarantee. 

Glatzel and Duncan are similarly banging them in with ease in the U18s but that doesn't meant much yet.  It goes without saying that the coaches will know much better about their potential from seeing them every day, but I think they're more likely be given more U21 time in the latter part of this season that go on tour with the firsts next pre-season.   I suppose if Origi and Studge go, they will need to more frontmen for the pre-season tour to swap in for our current front line.  Brewster is not enough for back up on the pre-season, let alone the main season.  But I expect Klopp to buy another striker.     

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99113 on: March 4, 2019, 05:16:17 pm »
Mini derby tonight for the u23s live on lfc.tv at 7pm.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99114 on: March 4, 2019, 06:17:45 pm »
Don't know if this is serious but there is a huge gulf between U18 and 1sts.  Adam Morgan couldn't stop scoring for the U18s.  He even did well at U21 level, but he's off the radar now.  Jerome Sinclair too, perhaps less so at U21s.  I rate Liam Millar highly.  He has real pace, is two footed and was prolific at U18 level, even when not playing the central role.  But he has struggled in his first season in U21s.  Hopefully when he gets more game time at Kilmarnock he'll show what he's about.  He's still young.  Brewster looked good underage in the U21s so have some hope for him but it is no guarantee. 

Glatzel and Duncan are similarly banging them in with ease in the U18s but that doesn't meant much yet.  It goes without saying that the coaches will know much better about their potential from seeing them every day, but I think they're more likely be given more U21 time in the latter part of this season that go on tour with the firsts next pre-season.   I suppose if Origi and Studge go, they will need to more frontmen for the pre-season tour to swap in for our current front line.  Brewster is not enough for back up on the pre-season, let alone the main season.  But I expect Klopp to buy another striker.     

Copa America and African Cup of Nations will see us without a few players for pre-season as well:
Alisson, Matip, Fabinho, Naby, Sadio, Firmino, Salah and Awoniyi could all perhaps be involved.

There are quite a few players returning from loan, injury or from U23 work that could push for a spot but I fully expect there to be 2-3 reinforcements given that pretty much our entire front 3 will likely be occupied with tournaments and miss out on pre-season.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99115 on: March 4, 2019, 06:38:44 pm »
Prematch starting for the U23's Derby with Everton. Kickoff at the top of the hour. Going for the double. Beat them at Goodison earlier in the season.

Ox not in the lineup or bench. Hoever does start at RB. Woodburn up top.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #99116 on: March 4, 2019, 06:45:36 pm »
 I'd be able to provide the game for one, with finnish ip, be it vpn or real.

pm for details

cheers :)

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99117 on: March 4, 2019, 06:47:13 pm »
I'd be able to provide the game for one, with finnish ip, be it vpn or real.

pm for details

cheers :)

Watching live on LFCTVGO... 8)

Lashing down rain at the mo.. :lmao

:scarf

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #99118 on: March 4, 2019, 06:51:20 pm »
LFCTV is what Viaplay is showing,

so it'd be the same broadcast.

Kirkland and Mellor?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99119 on: March 4, 2019, 07:00:23 pm »
LFCTV is what Viaplay is showing,

so it'd be the same broadcast.

Kirkland and Mellor?

Yep..

Steve Hunter and Neil Mellor with the match call..