Author Topic: Wankers leaving early (Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders)  (Read 10452 times)

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
Re: Wankers leaving early (Season Ticket and Fan Card Holders)
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2019, 10:07:59 pm »
Egg zackly. Moaners gotta moan.

Well there's not much to moan about football-wise these days!!

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2019, 10:27:23 pm »
I’ve never understood this. I get if it’s an emergency. But I know last year for all the champions league games the same group on our row would turn up either right on kick off or just after, they’d go to toilet/drinks at 40 mins, come back just after the second half had started and then leave on 85 minutes.

Personally I’d take the tickets off them, just fucking watch it on the tv 😡😡😡
We are the Champions , Champions of Europe

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2019, 10:32:46 pm »
Oh and for Cardiff last season, I was due in work at 1700 ( I work in town). Asked one of the lads to cover me for maybe half an hour? Flew out of the ground right on full time (1650) and ran to Sandhills station, jumped on train and made it to work at 1715.

No I wouldn’t recommend that, but it proves that you can still watch the whole game and not be held up all night

Online Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 12:43:21 pm »
As a handful of posts have mentioned, there are absolutely legitimate reasons for leaving early. Personally I’m lucky enough that I don’t have pressing family or work issues that cause me to have to leave early but I won’t judge someone who does.

And if this is to be enforced as some of the people on here want, then I assume that no-one moaning about this leaves early to grab a pint at half time, or is delayed getting back to their seat for the second half? As that is just as bad. Leaving to get back for family seems more important to me than someone not being able to hold off for a couple of hours and wait for a pint until after the match.

Or shall we start attaching sound meters to people to monitor their singing and or levels of abuse directed at players? Perhaps we can start to vet for the real fans and get rid of anyone who doesn’t measure up to the standards set by a collective few who never, ever let themselves down.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 12:49:34 pm by Byrnee »
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Online Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 12:48:55 pm »
Oh and for Cardiff last season, I was due in work at 1700 ( I work in town). Asked one of the lads to cover me for maybe half an hour? Flew out of the ground right on full time (1650) and ran to Sandhills station, jumped on train and made it to work at 1715.

No I wouldn’t recommend that, but it proves that you can still watch the whole game and not be held up all night

Anecdotal evidence from you that does apply to people who
- Work further afield
- Live further afield
- Can’t run or even walk quickly
- Drive or use other transport.
- Are at a different game than you were so traffic conditions, crowd size and make-up and time were different.

There are legitimate reasons for people to leave early.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2019, 12:54:20 pm »
Sound meters is a great idea. We can work out the ones who can be promoted to the 300s on the Kop, boot out those who need to be booted to the Main Stand or out the ground completely and as a measure for newbies to get them trained up. Could even have a half season probationary period for new people.

Thanks for the suggestion, itll really help!

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2019, 01:20:48 pm »
As a handful of posts have mentioned, there are absolutely legitimate reasons for leaving early. Personally I’m lucky enough that I don’t have pressing family or work issues that cause me to have to leave early but I won’t judge someone who does.

And if this is to be enforced as some of the people on here want, then I assume that no-one moaning about this leaves early to grab a pint at half time, or is delayed getting back to their seat for the second half? As that is just as bad. Leaving to get back for family seems more important to me than someone not being able to hold off for a couple of hours and wait for a pint until after the match.

Or shall we start attaching sound meters to people to monitor their singing and or levels of abuse directed at players? Perhaps we can start to vet for the real fans and get rid of anyone who doesn’t measure up to the standards set by a collective few who never, ever let themselves down.

Spot on, there are guys sat near me who live local, turn up late, go downstairs 5 minutes before half time and then come back at least 5 minutes into the second half, and there are loads who do it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: August 12, 2019, 01:28:33 pm »
Sound meters is a great idea. We can work out the ones who can be promoted to the 300s on the Kop, boot out those who need to be booted to the Main Stand or out the ground completely and as a measure for newbies to get them trained up. Could even have a half season probationary period for new people.

Thanks for the suggestion, itll really help!

that is a severe step to take, i agree fully though, i used to be in 305 for mamy many seasons, then due to members sales i kept missing out, this happened this season again, now the singing is completely broken imo.

Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline Alan574

• Main Stander
« Reply #88 on: August 12, 2019, 02:53:45 pm »
Stevie G left the Barcelona match early.  Made some excuse about his kids but then later admitted the nerves had got to him.  I guess we can forgive him this once!

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #89 on: August 12, 2019, 03:20:08 pm »
Just to clarify so we can inform people of the correct thing to do, I have a couple of questions:

As a minutes value - what time should someone be at their seat for?
As a minutes value - what time should someone stay in their seat for at the end of the first half?
As a minutes value - what time should someone be at their seat for before the start of the second half?
As a minutes value - what time should someone stay in their seat for at the end of the game before leaving?

We could print some flyers and give them out to people.

Good idea this.

I think you should be in your seat 15 minutes before the start of a league game but 20 minutes before a CL group game. 30 minutes for a CL KO game.

Acceptable to leave your seat in the 1st half once the 4th official has put the board up.

Back in your seat before the restart though.

You can leave once the final whistle goes at the end unless you've submitted an acceptable reason to the club before the game.

As an example this wouldn't count as an acceptable reason. When is anyone going to babysit a 3 year at 10 o'clock on a Friday night? I'd say a 1 game automatic ban for anyone trying to blag the system like this

Got off on 87 to mind my 3 year old grandson so my daughter who is a nurse could get her head down for early shift. My season ticket is in the post already.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2019, 03:29:39 pm »
What if the wankers are getting out early so they can go wank? simplistic? maybe. Likely? 110%.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2019, 03:53:56 pm »
What if the wankers are getting out early so they can go wank? simplistic? maybe. Likely? 110%.

Everyone needs to ease their nerves, fully understandable. I'd prefer if they wanked in the toilets also, than in the seat next to me. Maybe you can get 5 wank tickets per season or so? Maybe 2-3 pint tickets. And with those you can leave 2 minutes before half time and come back at latest 3 mins past half time? And of course the sound meter / recorder thing should be incorporated. Kick them who don't sing, or if they sing really poorly.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:58:47 pm by plura »

Offline lfcrule6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2019, 05:57:15 pm »

Show them the way to go home, they're tired and they want to go to bed....
★     ★     ★     ★     ★     ★

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2019, 08:22:46 pm »
What about getting off to your wedding? That a valid excuse? I know one daft sod who's had to do that
Who was that  ;)

No excuse either that it was his own wedding, imagine getting married during the season!
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2019, 09:36:00 pm »
Stevie G left the Barcelona match early.  Made some excuse about his kids but then later admitted the nerves had got to him.  I guess we can forgive him this once!
he also works in glasgow

Who was that  ;)

No excuse either that it was his own wedding, imagine getting married during the season!
That’s why they have international breaks

Offline GazH

• Kemlynite
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2019, 12:09:18 am »
Spot on, there are guys sat near me who live local, turn up late, go downstairs 5 minutes before half time and then come back at least 5 minutes into the second half, and there are loads who do it.

Same as those who walk in late from the pub and miss the first 5 mins.
In principle I agree with most of the posts on here about leaving early. I don't get those people that leave 10 minutes early when you've paid £50 for a ticket (and normally had a struggle to get it in the first place) even if the game is done and dusted. I travel 2 1/2 hours to go to the game but I never walk down early
before half time for a pint or leave before the end unless the game is done and we're into stoppage time.

In fact, I'm gonna get to my seat for Arsenal now. You can't be too committed.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2019, 09:22:35 am »
Who was that  ;)

“Of course I didn’t take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present. It was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves.”- Bill Shankly

;)
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2019, 11:59:20 am »
“Of course I didn’t take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present. It was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves.”- Bill Shankly

;)
;D
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2019, 12:08:08 pm »
In terms of the title of this thread, why are the wankers who leave early specifically ST and fancard holders, and not any other type of fan?!
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline The RedNight District POD

• Boys Pen
    • The Red Night District LFC Podcast
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2019, 08:17:34 pm »
Been a supporter for 15 years, made the pilgrimage for the first time last season, it cost me an arm and a leg to do so (from Washington DC) I would never ever take the privilege for granted. Does not make sense to me.
The Red Night District LFC Podcast

Offline jameslfc1997

• Anny Roader
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2019, 08:27:04 pm »
I don't mind someone leaving 5 minutes early if they spent the whole match getting behind the team what's worse is someone moaning the entire game

Offline timmit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2019, 05:27:03 pm »
Anecdotal evidence from you that does apply to people who
- Work further afield
- Live further afield
- Can’t run or even walk quickly
- Drive or use other transport.
- Are at a different game than you were so traffic conditions, crowd size and make-up and time were different.

There are legitimate reasons for people to leave early.

As mentioned earlier, there were some people who did this EVERY GAME. I understand that circumstances can dictate things on a one off. But every game? I’m sorry that’s not good enough