James Milner
Curtis Jones
Diogo Jota
Thiago Alcantara
Jordan Henderson
Xherdan Shaqiri
Nathaniel Phillips
Rhys Williams

Author Topic: Rawk's LFC Player of the Season..MO SALAH!  (Read 6158 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rawk's LFC Player of the Season.
« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2021, 10:27:21 am »
Mo.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2021, 10:28:21 am »
Mo. Had to be really.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2021, 10:29:47 am »
Yeah, Shaqiri is a good shout but Mo just edged him for me
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2021, 10:31:29 am »
Fabinho because in the dark days he held us together so often. Honourable mentions for Alisson and Mo too.

Completely agree. He’s been brilliant in two positions. So, so important to this side.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2021, 10:45:35 am »
No slight on the other players, so many of whom has been deserving of recognition, but it is Alisson for me. He has been a rock for practically the whole of the season, and we have relied on him significantly. He has injected confidence into not one but a dozen centre back pairings, in my view. The personal mountains he has had to climb and yet still managed to be a stalwart  -  this is the stuff of legends.

Any of course that peerless head of his ... who wouldn't vote for him after he used it to such good effect. Liverpool has a Pier Head and a peerless head.   

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2021, 12:38:59 pm »
It has to be Mo.

Others have played brilliantly in spells - Thiago, Fab and Trent in particular. But only Gini has competed with Mo Salah over the length of the season. But he's a poor second to the King.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2021, 12:43:21 pm »
It is pretty hard to pick someone out who had a good season compared to the previous season. Roberston started all 38 games and always gave a solid performance. Phillips did way better than anyone would have ever expected him to, even Mo didn't play anywhere near as well at times as we would have wanted. Becker was solid and has that moment none of us will ever forget. But even not on form Mo comes second in the golden boot, so Mo for me.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2021, 12:49:17 pm »
Performance wise no one has come close to Mo for me. The form and shape he's in, I think he's unlucky we've been so poor as he would have been touching 30  in the league again. Just thinking of all those home games we didn't score in.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2021, 12:54:40 pm »
I think Mo is clearly out on his own. Next best for me is Gini. Steady all season when most had pretty patchy form. Trent came really good towards the end too.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2021, 01:00:34 pm »
Has to be Mo, where would we have been without his goals. Honourable mentions to Phillips and Fabinho too, they’d have been next for me. Probably Fab in 2nd.

Goal of the season is going to Ali.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2021, 04:53:52 pm »
Mo for me with an honourable mention to Nat

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2021, 04:59:31 pm »
Our Egyptian King, no question.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2021, 06:23:50 pm »
1. Salah
2. Trent
3. Fabinho
4. Alisson
5. Thiago
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #93 on: May 25, 2021, 09:11:14 am »
Surely there's no need to have a vote about goal of the season?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #94 on: May 25, 2021, 10:30:19 am »
Has to be Mo. Not only has he scored consistently but his overall game has come along in leaps and bounds. His passing and vision and creativity, and even spots of defending. He's improving and developing before our eyes.

But there are lots of other wonderful narratives as well:

Nat for his impressive showing when thrown in at the deep end and his remarkable exponential improvement,

Rhys for the sheer jump in levels he has had to make and cope with.

Ali for his crucial saves and his committment and determination in the face of personal tragedy as well his amazing goal.

Fab for his sheer importance and boss like performances in multiple positions.

Robbo for seemingly playing every minute of every game and just never stopping running.

Trent for having a fire lit within him so that he not only played like a thing possessed in the latter half of the season, but even looks different; like he's going to the take the game by the scruff, run it and take no prisoners.

Thiago for showing his world class characteristics, after arriving cold, overcoming Covid and suffering a big injury at the hands (or feet) of a Class 1 shithouse, and returning only to find himself in a team that was unrecogniseable from the one he chose to join...but not giving up, not sulking, not thinking he'd made a msitake, but rather taking responsibility and feeling everything as we feel it.

And Hendo. For simply being a boss human being
« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 10:49:59 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2021, 10:39:41 am »
Picked Fab over Mo as he gave us a solidity in the back when we were down to the bare bones and was exceptional. Imagine Maguire alongside novice partners in the back with a midfield missing 2 of its starters. Would be a car crash!!!! Plus once he went back into the middle we returned to league winning form as he patrolled in front of a central defence that had 10 PL starts between them. Fab was the glue to us achieving CL next season while Mo was still top class and deserves every vote he gets. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #96 on: May 25, 2021, 10:43:44 am »
Salah for me. Followed by Fabinho. I think they are the only 2 senior players in the squad that probably met or exceeded their expected performance levels on a consistent basis. Special mention to Phillips too. He massively exceeded expectations and improved as the season went on. Probably him and Alisson would be vying for 3rd and 4th place.

Alisson, Thiago, Firmino and Trent had good ends to the season but were inconsistent at times. Others struggled even more in difficult circumstances.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #97 on: May 25, 2021, 10:44:55 am »
It's Mo, with Curtis winning YPoTY. Still think Mo has been slightly below par (as has the whole team) which makes his goals tally even more remarkable.

What Mo missed this season was his ability to take on players in and around the area, beat them and either score or be fouled. If he gets that back, Kane et al won't be able to live with him.

Agree with Ghost Town, there's been some heroes this season even within the struggles of the team and the wider tragedies suffered by Jurgen, Ali and countless others.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #98 on: May 25, 2021, 10:15:52 pm »
In the overlooked category, Carol and Caroline  in the cafeteria had a very strong year in the face of constant and ongoing grocery uncertainty, especially greens and ripe fruits.  Honorable mention to Security who were not rioted on even once and allowed no gate hopping or pitch invasions whatever, despite having an average age of near enough 68. and of course Melwood, who had a really strong first half before its contract expired and it moved on to council flats, as highlighted by axa's difficulty in getting her legs under herself in terms of wins despite all her its shiny new pools and the scary peg board plunge of death thingy.

#legends 

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline theredyank

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: May 26, 2021, 04:08:39 pm »
Mo carried us this year. He's the only player who was really consistent all year.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: Rawk's LFC Player of the Season..MO SALAH!
« Reply #100 on: June 7, 2021, 07:41:51 am »
Rawk's player of the season..

Mo Salah.  :wellin

Nat Phillips's excellent contribution takes runners up.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Rawk's LFC Player of the Season..MO SALAH!
« Reply #101 on: June 7, 2021, 09:11:17 am »
Couldn't really be anyone else. Honorable mentions for Nat, Fab and Ali though. :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."