Author Topic: Liverpool vs Real Madrid  (Read 72235 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Defending was our downfall, just not good enough.

Gotta do the job at anfield, otherwise the season is done.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Our defence won’t do much, should have got Militao he looked class tonight by the time we were making moves for centre backs he was no longer on the market due to injuries to Ramos and co, a shame.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
We have completely given up on Klopp football this season, 3-1 was a great result if you look at the performance.
How mane stayed on the pitch is a mystery, as is Robertson's inability to beat the first man when crossing.

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
Gina has been poor this season, it’s never good for a team when you got a player like that not looking to commit.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Play them at Stanley Park and kick the shit out of them.
:D

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Thiago offered fuck all but then again so did everyone else.

being inexplicably left on the bench might have had an effect on his performance.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Better in the 2nd half, but still poor.

Don’t see how anyone can think we can win this tie, no fans at anfield, poor form at anfield this season and when we beat Barca 4-0, we were actually playing good that season.

No excuses, yes we’re still missing our 2 first choice CB’s, but so were Madrid. We were just shite. The Arsenal result gave people false hope, too many people missed the fact that Arsenal were so poor and probably played their worst all season.

Offline mark2311

• Kemlynite
The amount of times our players stood waiting for the pass to come to them and a Madrid player nipped in and took the ball was unreal. Everything seemed so slow

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Nealy thinking its Sadio who needs dropping no Bobby.
Y.N.W.A.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
We have them right where they want us.
:o

Offline Marcel

• Anny Roader
Last time we’ll be in the Champions League for at least a season, and as things stand we’re going out with a whimper. Really embarrassing performance on the biggest stage. Scoreline flatters us.

There's a lot of things you can say about tonight's performance, but using it to say we won't be in europe next season makes no sense at all. Top 4 easily within reach and we're not even out of this competition. I get the misery after losing 3-1 but that's over the top

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think we may have just left ourselves too much to do. With at least one of our first choice center halves available and with fans in the ground I reckon we’d have a great chance.  With neither I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet, and as we all know we’ve been awful at Anfield recently.

Madrid were good, but those were 3 really soft goals to concede at this level.  Kabak and Phillips did well enough, but it’s probably a class above where they both are at the moment, no real blame attached to either of them, the more experienced players around them let them down a bit.  They played to their ability, if the others around them had done so in that first half we’d be right in this.

Half a chance, but the form has not been good enough for months now to have too much confidence in them pulling this one out of the fire.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
Team selection and tactics were wrong, all with hindsight of course. Could see why he played Keita, but i really didn't work.

Thiago made it much better, but I am not sure that Jota, Mane and Salah work against a deep lying team that has real quality in the middle to both win the ball back, block passes and put great through balls. Need much better pressing in the middle to stop that and Mo ended up all over the pitch and very deep at times trying to get on the ball. That would have been better being Bobby.

Madrid and the ref got to Mane. Dont know why but he just looked frustrated and couldn't focus.

Tough ask now to keep a clean sheet with our defensive challenges.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Got a chance if we can find our Anfield form.

Their third was kind of unlucky. Shame about that.

Half time thread was a fucking disgrace
Oh piss off with the holier than thou bullshit. They were fucking wretched in the first half and every bit of criticism was 100% justified.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
It's a shame we were so bad as play at pace and their midfield would be dead after 20 mins

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
None of our players could play a 10 yard pass, what do you expect? The disgrace was the performance.
Says the poster who said that Neville was correct about Trent. One bad half and it's time to cross sides eh?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Put money on us after the Barcelona first leg because we were genuinely unlucky to lose 3-0, we were good enough to score 4 or even 5 if we needed to and we had the crowd on our side. Next week we've got none of that. I wish I could muster up the ability to just not bother to turn the second leg on because it aint happening folks.

Much like the final against them really in that we were totally schooled. Really disappointing.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
The amount of times our players stood waiting for the pass to come to them and a Madrid player nipped in and took the ball was unreal. Everything seemed so slow
Modric looked like the youngest player on the field...which is fucking insane.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Goodness me we were bad.
Sadio mate, that was absolutely fucking pathetic fella’
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Better in the 2nd half, but still poor.

Don’t see how anyone can think we can win this tie, no fans at anfield, poor form at anfield this season and when we beat Barca 4-0, we were actually playing good that season.

No excuses, yes we’re still missing our 2 first choice CB’s 4 first choice CB's, but so were Madrid. We were just shite. The Arsenal result gave people false hope, too many people missed the fact that Arsenal were so poor and probably played their worst all season.

Fixed for you.
:D

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
Baffling decision to leave Manι on considering he looked like he won a competition to play tonight.

Thanks for the humor. I refuse to believe that is the real Mane. I don't know who that is but he's in cringeworthy form.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred

Agree, but the whole team were off their game tonight.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
cant see them not scoring in the second leg. thats the problem but then we thought the same of barcelona.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97

Can’t keep blaming everything on the defence all the time. Front 3 were non existent again, midfield were woeful.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
They were just too good for us tonight. Defence struggled and midfield were totally outclassed first half. If we had a crowd in for the second leg I'd say we've got a chance.but with our home form it's hard to see us get anything really. Need an early goal and some luck.
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
Our defending was always going to fuck us in Europe. Not sure why people are shocked or angry about it. It was coming since - well, I'd like to say since January, but in reality, it's been all season. We would have done well getting out of that with a 2-1 defeat, but we've done ourselves in with a couple of avoidable goals.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Embarrassingly outclassed tonight. We barely got a kick in the first half or after the third goal. I never really expected us to win this competition with how poor we've been this season but I expected us to put up more of a fight than that.

There was little class about Real Madrid tonight, Madrid were bang average..we were fucking dreadful all over the pitch.
With that attitude & performance tonight we'd have been turned over by Sheff Utd.
Fuckall positive to take from that game other than grabbing an away goal.
Lethargy bottled, capped, opened & delivered.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Only ‘positive’ is the FT result is marginally better than the HT score.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
Bit of men v lads there tonight as they went down when they had to, slowed the game and when they needed to surged forward & had us reeling at times. Mistakes everywhere, could not hold the ball and our midfield was outrun by three lads who combined are 100 plus years. Not out of it yet but why oh why were we playing as if we needed to score two tonight as we were a little headless at times. how often did we leave Real have 2v1, 3v2 when they broke as they nearly did us on our corner at one stage. Bit amateur hour there and we were are actually lucky to be only 2 down as they could have killed us off tonight. Gini was leggy, fabinho was pushing forward when he should have been staying close to home. Hnestly we could have done with an extra man in midfield and just gone with Jota & salah. Mane hits the ground quicker than Foreman after an Ali punch these days.

Anyway Klopp got that one wrong but has a chance to get his tactics right for the home game so lets get our heads back on after that headless performance.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Oh piss off with the holier than thou bullshit. They were fucking wretched in the first half and every bit of criticism was 100% justified.
True, that first half performance was pathetic. Looked like they bottled it. Better second half but still not good enough.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nealy thinking its Sadio who needs dropping no Bobby.

He offered absolutely zero tonight, not one good passage of play. Just kept dribbling into blind corners and jumping on the ground.

He even got out muscled by Modric at one point, wtf is that about.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That first half was as bad as anything all season to be honest, not sure I've ever seen us give the ball away so much and gini can count himself very lucky it was Keita and not him that didn't come off. Obviously the second half was much better, and if it wasn't for the fact we just decided to stop and have a fag break for that 3rd it actually felt like we had a half decent chance at scoring to level it up.

Madrid really aren't all that special. But then this season neither are we. The liverpool of 2018/19 or 2019/20 win that about 4-0 to be honest. This current iteration, who knows. I'm not sure I'd bet entirely against us because when we actually fucking got at them and stopped Kroos and Modric getting on the ball they looked incredibly flustered, and plenty of their players gave up the ball easily too. Can we construct a midfield/defence to do that between now and next week? Fuck knows. Seems unlikely, but not impossible.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Tactically Madrid got it right and there passing was much better than us , our control and passing was terrible at any level .

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Not out. Still hopeful. Remember Barca. Is it the same ref second leg ?

Online Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Worry is now they can pick us off at home. We might score a couple but there’s every chance they will too.

1st half poor performance killed us. More even2nd half but they were well in control by then.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
3-1 probably flattered us. We have probably done as much as we can with a reserve centreback pairing, lack of leadership in midfield and an attack, particularly Mane, not functioning.

Season cannot end quickly enough.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Positive: Scored an away goal

The less said about the rest, the better. Massive opportunity missed imo, given that they had their two best defenders out. We had a shambolic first half collectively and really really disappointed with how it went. Perfect response in the 2nd half but giving up the 3rd goal was a blow

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
Its very worrying how we never seen to play at all in the first half of games. You can get away with it sometimes but give a good side a grip on the first half and you're chasing shadows the rest of the night. Not for the first time but it was the apparent lack of fight tonight that rags my shite more than getting well beat

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
There's a lot of things you can say about tonight's performance, but using it to say we won't be in europe next season makes no sense at all. Top 4 easily within reach and we're not even out of this competition. I get the misery after losing 3-1 but that's over the top
Haven’t thought we would make top four for a long time. One good performance against mediocre Arsenal isn’t enough to change my mind.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
Goodness me we were bad.
Sadio mate, that was absolutely fucking pathetic fella’

there is something wrong with him. thats not the same player. he cant run, his energy and strength or completely gone now as well. has to be to do with covid