Author Topic: Kostas Tsimikas  (Read 248819 times)

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kostas Tsimikas
« Reply #480 on: April 7, 2021, 05:11:49 pm »
The problem is that if, as Klopp sees in training, he's just not ready to face the demands of the system, but he comes on anyway just to satisfy those clamouring for him, and then has a stinker, those same people demanding that he play will be slaughtering him.

Maybe the coaches know what they are doing.

I am sure the coaching staff know what they are doing, but if he isn't ready by now I doubt he will ever be ready. I know Robbo and Fab had extended waits for action but it's eight months since he signed and he is still not up to "the demands of the system"?

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: April 7, 2021, 05:12:20 pm »
I am sure the coaching staff know what they are doing, but if he isn't ready by now I doubt he will ever be ready. I know Robbo and Fab had extended waits for action but it's eight months since he signed and he is still not up to "the demands of the system"?

It is a very strange one, because from all I've seen/heard he's a solid player.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #482 on: April 7, 2021, 05:46:42 pm »
Doesn't say much for the scouts though with regards to the transfer. And the alternative was Jamal Lewis who has been poor at Newcastle. Minamino was a poor fit as well.

You'll always get transfers that don't work out, but the least you expect is the player has the right attributes.

In fairness, our success rate for new signings was unsustainably high for a period of time, felt like we never missed. I'd rather we were wrong about players who cost £8-10m than players who cost £30m+.

Maybe Tsimikas would have got more games had we not had so many defensive injuries but it does feel like he's not particularly rated by the coaching team. At the end of the day, if he and Williams aren't ready enough to start 15+ games a season without a colossal drop in quality then we need to move them on and bring players in who are. We can't keep forcing Trent/Robbo to play 50 games a season without expecting it to bite us in the arse longer term.

Online number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: April 7, 2021, 06:31:47 pm »
It is a very strange one, because from all I've seen/heard he's a solid player.

And Greek Player of The Year. Something strange here?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: April 7, 2021, 08:06:56 pm »
Doesn't say much for the scouts though with regards to the transfer. And the alternative was Jamal Lewis who has been poor at Newcastle. Minamino was a poor fit as well.

You'll always get transfers that don't work out, but the least you expect is the player has the right attributes.

Yeah our scouts have done really poorly over the last few years haven’t they :butt

Buy a back-up left back and get angry when they’re used as back-up.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #485 on: April 7, 2021, 08:11:12 pm »
Robbo's delivery is so poor at the moment(probably because he's knackered from being overplayed). surely Tsimikas should be getting some minutes.
What if his delivery is worse? If only there was some way that the manager could asses a player. A sort of session where the players get together and show what they can do, what level they are at etc,  outside of actual meaningful games. You could call them 'training sessions'...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 7, 2021, 11:14:49 pm »
Maybe it's not because of abilities, but due to Covid? Have been loads of cases with people struggling way past their "cured" state. Has he played any matches since he had covid?

Yea, I'm too lazy to look myself!
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #487 on: April 8, 2021, 09:09:01 am »
Maybe it's not because of abilities, but due to Covid? Have been loads of cases with people struggling way past their "cured" state. Has he played any matches since he had covid?

Yea, I'm too lazy to look myself!

Played for Greece, can't remember for us.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #488 on: April 8, 2021, 11:58:42 am »
It must be a trust issue with the manager. By all accounts he trains well and put in an excellent performance in the 1 all draw with Spain a couple of weeks ago.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: April 8, 2021, 12:17:37 pm »
It seems to me Jurgen doesn't want any more new/inexperienced players than necessary in defence and with the two fellas at CBs being just that, the full backs are getting no rest.

The problem is Robbo is clearly exhausted and has been for a long while as his attacking output has been poor since November/December so we have to start rotating that side a bit and from everything I've seen of Tsimikas, he is at the very least solid.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: April 8, 2021, 06:13:57 pm »
He's looked quite good in the very small amount of time hes played. Very strange

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #491 on: April 8, 2021, 06:18:47 pm »
He's looked quite good in the very small amount of time hes played. Very strange

Wasn’t that the same when Robertson first joined? He played well in the few games he featured in but had to wait for Moreno to get injured to get in the team week in week out. I know full back is one of our most important positions but if a player is that tired and out of form surely you need to try and give him a breather.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #492 on: April 8, 2021, 06:22:35 pm »
Kostas, Kostas
Can't you see we're yearning, yearning
Oh Kostas, Kostas
When is the game appearing
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #493 on: April 8, 2021, 06:26:31 pm »
Kostas, Kostas
Can't you see we're yearning, yearning
Oh Kostas, Kostas
When is the game appearing

Virgil breathe your love on me
take away my game
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #494 on: April 9, 2021, 09:04:36 am »
It seems to me Jurgen doesn't want any more new/inexperienced players than necessary in defence and with the two fellas at CBs being just that, the full backs are getting no rest.

The problem is Robbo is clearly exhausted and has been for a long while as his attacking output has been poor since November/December so we have to start rotating that side a bit and from everything I've seen of Tsimikas, he is at the very least solid.

This is no doubt part of it but against Fulham it was Neco Williams that came in for Trent rather than Tsimikas in for Robbo who probably need the rest more. We wanted at least one experienced defender.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #495 on: April 9, 2021, 10:35:16 am »
What does that even mean? He's under contract. You can't just 'send him home' even assuming you aren't just being gratuitously offensive
Would you though? Or would you (as I suspect) be here screaming blue murder if he was 'rotated' and had a really bad game.

This is really all about 'new toys' syndrome. We have this player on the books so you damn well want to see him. Nevermind whether he's ready to play or not
No, you just missed my first paragraph which mentioned the welfare of players like Robbo and Mane. We've run them into the ground mentally as well as physically and how has it helped us during this bad run? It would've been far preferable to bit the bullet and look after our players for the whole season and beyond rather than just individual games.

Most of the criticism (from me anyway) has been the way we've approached most games with so little energy and intensity and it's the senior players in the squad who've been most guilty. Giving away bad goals is infuriating but you can accept not being quite good enough if lesser players are playing as long as there are signs of some good play.

I trust Tsimikas to come in a do a job. He has experience and is not 18/19. Yes he might struggle a bit or make the odd mistake but I've given leeway to every new/young player coming into the side and I'm sure Jurgen does the same.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 9, 2021, 10:37:02 am »
No, you just missed my first paragraph which mentioned the welfare of players like Robbo and Mane. We've run them into the ground mentally as well as physically and how has it helped us during this bad run? It would've been far preferable to bit the bullet and look after our players for the whole season and beyond rather than just individual games.

Most of the criticism (from me anyway) has been the way we've approached most games with so little energy and intensity and it's the senior players in the squad who've been most guilty. Giving away bad goals is infuriating but you can accept not being quite good enough if lesser players are playing as long as there are signs of some good play.

I trust Tsimikas to come in a do a job. He has experience and is not 18/19. Yes he might struggle a bit or make the odd mistake but I've given leeway to every new/young player coming into the side and I'm sure Jurgen does the same.

I don't see Klopp giving those opportunities unless we are properly out of the top four race. To be honest within the next week to 10 days we may be out of the running for everything and I am sure then if that were to happen he would start resting Robertson more.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #497 on: April 9, 2021, 10:43:40 am »

There is no 'we' with team selections. If you want to criticise the manager....just do it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #498 on: April 25, 2021, 08:44:56 am »
So...what’s going on with this guy, eh?

(Happy now, El Lobo?  ;))

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 25, 2021, 08:46:01 am »
Maybe he is just shit?

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 25, 2021, 10:34:26 am »
Maybe he is just shit?

Well he was the back up option to Jamal Lewis who was sat on the bench for Newcastle (and not very good).

Frustratingly we prioritised a left back over a centre back last summer to give Robbo a breather. Yet Robbo has played more as Tsimikas hasn't impressed the manager and centre back injuries have meant we don't want to further disrupt the back four further.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: April 25, 2021, 10:46:02 am »
Well after the United game we might see him get a few games.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 25, 2021, 10:47:55 am »
Well he was the back up option to Jamal Lewis who was sat on the bench for Newcastle (and not very good).

Frustratingly we prioritised a left back over a centre back last summer to give Robbo a breather. Yet Robbo has played more as Tsimikas hasn't impressed the manager and centre back injuries have meant we don't want to further disrupt the back four further.

I fully believe we got the summer priorities right but of course hindsight shows it to be wrong. Unfortunately with Tsimikas he may just be a bad signing. It happens.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 25, 2021, 11:06:16 am »
I fully believe we got the summer priorities right but of course hindsight shows it to be wrong. Unfortunately with Tsimikas he may just be a bad signing. It happens.

It's more the irony of the reason for signing a LB rather than a CB was to give Robbo a breather/cover as a priority, yet not signing a CB has meant he's played more.

If Jamal Lewis and Tsimikas were 1 and 2 on the list, then god knows who was 3 and 4.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: April 25, 2021, 11:08:10 am »
It's more the irony of the reason for signing a LB rather than a CB was to give Robbo a breather/cover as a priority, yet not signing a CB has meant he's played more.

If Jamal Lewis and Tsimikas were 1 and 2 on the list, then god knows who was 3 and 4.

Everything I read suggests that Tsimikas was always first choice. But sometimes things dont work out. We have had a really good transfer record but sometimes things can go wrong.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #505 on: April 25, 2021, 11:10:18 am »
The player has failed in his primary function of the season which was to give Robertson a rest from time to time. When we've needed him (domestic cup games) he's been injured.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 25, 2021, 11:55:55 am »
On the subject of Lewis - how has he done this season?

Tsimikas is baffling to me. The only positive is that it was no-risk - I can't imagine we won't get most of our money back, and at least he hasn't publically cried too much.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: April 25, 2021, 12:18:49 pm »

Tsimikas is baffling to me. The only positive is that it was no-risk - I can't imagine we won't get most of our money back, and at least he hasn't publically cried too much.

Poor.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: April 25, 2021, 03:16:57 pm »

I think it will be difficult to get the 14m back for him.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 25, 2021, 03:27:30 pm »
He's not the only squad player that hasn't made any impact at all and looked completely unprepared to play when he's gotten on the field. I'm surprised Klopp isn't pressed more on this by journo's. Of course a lot of the blame falls on the players but whatever we do in training really isn't getting anything out of these lads at all and they're clearly not in any shape to play in an actual match. Surely there's a failure by the coaching staff there as well.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #510 on: April 25, 2021, 04:09:32 pm »
I'm surprised Klopp isn't pressed more on this by journo's.
It's probably a damning indictment on us that he's been forgotten about in the media. I do think the coaching staff have to get the criticism for this as we simply haven't prepared the players as well as we should've. Of course, after 3/4 years of getting it right we can accept failing this time, especially after no pre-season.

I hope he gets a chance to play a couple of games before the end of the season, at least to help prepare him for next season.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2021, 12:37:06 am »

Sergio Reguilon and Lloyd Kelly, by all accounts.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2021, 02:14:58 am »
Reguilon has been a success.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2021, 03:30:23 am »
With all the chatter in the Ben Davies thread one must ask: How fucking bad is this chap?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2021, 07:45:31 am »
Its the only sour note on Klopp for me, we buy players and don't give them a chance and I would go as far to say derail their careers. Why the hell did we even sign him and have no intention of giving me 30 minutes regularly? As soon as there is an injury crisis he would be thrown in after having played no football for months - baffling.

Its happened with this lad, Taki, Davies to name the most recent ones.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2021, 08:25:41 am »
Its the only sour note on Klopp for me, we buy players and don't give them a chance and I would go as far to say derail their careers. Why the hell did we even sign him and have no intention of giving me 30 minutes regularly? As soon as there is an injury crisis he would be thrown in after having played no football for months - baffling.

Its happened with this lad, Taki, Davies to name the most recent ones.

It made sense when we were sweeping all before us. No need or point in disrupting a winning system. But we're currently very close to broken and we're clearly struggling fitness wise. Klopp's reluctance to use him reflects badly on either Klopp or Kostas - we can't know the answer to that question because we're not seeing training.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2021, 08:29:23 am »
With all the chatter in the Ben Davies thread one must ask: How fucking bad is this chap?

At least with Tsimikas he has had Robertson ahead of him and Robertson’s form has improved recently. Davies was brought in an emergency and has not been picked even when you would argue he is still needed.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2021, 09:16:22 am »
Could it be that with our CBs mostly being young and inexperienced, Klopp has decided it's too risky to throw Kostas in at the same time as well?

Thought he looked pretty good in what I've seen of him for Greece and the bits he's done for us.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2021, 10:49:52 am »
The scarlet letter..

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2021, 11:04:49 am »
It made sense when we were sweeping all before us. No need or point in disrupting a winning system. But we're currently very close to broken and we're clearly struggling fitness wise. Klopp's reluctance to use him reflects badly on either Klopp or Kostas - we can't know the answer to that question because we're not seeing training.

Klopp's usual tactic is to ease players in very slowly, get them used to the system, and build their confidence.

In a clusterfuck of a season like this, that caution can backfire.  These players don't get the bedding in time, they're expected to make an immediate impact, and it seems Jurgen would rather risk the fitness of established players rather than the self confidence of new players, or make the team even more disjointed than it already is.

Of course, he had to in the end, and the result has been a rather piecemeal approach. I don't think it's a coincidence that the players who have drawn the biggest questions or criticisms over the past 14 months - Minamino, Kostas, Kabak, and even Thiago to a lesser extent - have all been signed during the pandemic.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art