The Liverpool FC Forum > Former LFC Players

Javier Mascherano

(1/928) > >>

Hank Scorpio:
Other players have their own threads and I think this guy deserves his own one.

He has been superb so far this season and even picked up a (sliding) assist on the weekend.  For me he deserves a place in the centre of our midfield.  He should be a regular starter, more so than Alonso and Sissoko.

Tenacious, strong, persistant, intelligent, brave and oh, he is not a bad footballer too.

Bum lick away!

NatD:
Always said it that he would be my preferred centre-partnership player with Gerrard.

Just seeing him nip all over the pitch is awesome!

My only concern is in 18 months (???) time, what we will have to do to ensure we sign him up?  In all honesty, I am guessing one of Javier / Momo / Alonso will be gone within 2 years.  And personally, Javier is the last one I would like to see the back of!

He is scoring goals as well for Argetina at the moment, so surely only a matter of time before he breaks his duck with us!

Hank Scorpio:
He is so vicious, he should have one of those Hannibal masks on.

Sat1:
Does his loan period come to an end at the end of this season?

The mans a monster, love the way he gets around the pitch.

Sweet Silver Song:
I think he's easily ahead of Alonso and Momo in the pecking order. But I'm going to say something here that might be controversial. I really think he was was signed not because Rafa needed him, but to stop any of our rivals getting him. Our centre midfiled was easily the strongest squad department before he was signed, so it did not make as much sense that it needed strengthening ahead of other positions. But Rafa is a wily character, and he could see the downfall of Masch signing for the Mancs or Chelsea. And you can't argue he would have probably been more useful and played more games for both those teams than us,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version