Author Topic: Keep it Cheap Football Draft  (Read 7070 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« Reply #200 on: May 11, 2021, 04:46:10 pm »
Simeone was my next pick. Damn

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2021, 04:51:00 pm »
Breaking the habit of a lifetime to pick a keeper early, so I can have one of my favourite ever. Also can't be arsed to research more keepers. Seems like most of the top ones went for higher values.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #202 on: May 11, 2021, 04:52:17 pm »
Was hoping Kahn might last, foolish of me given I'll get the last keeper. Still racking my brain as to who will fill my last outfield slot, there's a fair few good options in net.

;D Needed someone who was solid and could do a bit of everything to help the balance of the side. Got three midfielders now who were all sturdy enough defensively, with Guardiola able to set the tempo and Prosinecki able to drop deep, collect the ball and advance the play with Kimmich getting up on the overlap and Lewandowski the final ball.

Now to balls it up with my last pick.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 11, 2021, 04:56:09 pm »
Breaking the habit of a lifetime to pick a keeper early, so I can have one of my favourite ever. Also can't be arsed to research more keepers. Seems like most of the top ones went for higher values.
A nutter and a hell of a keeper.

You're right, on more of a deep dive, it's nuts how expensive top Goalkeepers have been transferring for in basically the last 25 years. Inter paid £17m for Peruzzi in 99 then £23m a year later to replace him with Toldo, neither of whom were even the national team's Goalie with £32m Buffon at Juve.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 11, 2021, 05:07:31 pm »
Zanetti   Godin   de Boer   Irwin

Baraja   Van Bommel   

Juninho                 Pires

Elber               

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 11, 2021, 05:16:59 pm »
Oddly enough, I was picking between him and Baraja. Really tough call.

Annoyed at myself for forgetting that Gnabry's never moved for a sizeable fee, he's been one of the best wide players in the world for two years now. I picked him in a previous draft too.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: May 11, 2021, 05:59:33 pm »
I've gone to the aribter for a potentially controversial pick, just waiting to hear back.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2021, 07:04:11 pm »
Yeah he's not eligible.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 11, 2021, 07:34:18 pm »
I wanted to go for Lucio but his transfer was 10.8m according to our source.

Sorry Max

Same Lucio?  Brazilian CB? 

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #209 on: May 11, 2021, 07:36:13 pm »
Yeah he's not eligible.

I was just thinking 'fuck how did I miss him'. Glad I didn't  :D

Also, Luis Enrique was picked by Pete wasn't he? I only didn't pick him because he asked about him in thread?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2021, 07:42:36 pm »
I was just thinking 'fuck how did I miss him'. Glad I didn't  :D

Also, Luis Enrique was picked by Pete wasn't he? I only didn't pick him because he asked about him in thread?

He did but then didn’t pick him :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2021, 08:03:48 pm »
He did but then didn’t pick him :D

Ah FFS! He's shite anyway  ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2021, 08:06:57 pm »
Can anyone find an extra dozen or so games Stoichkov played in the 2000's for me? Thanks.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2021, 08:56:43 pm »
Can anyone find an extra dozen or so games Stoichkov played in the 2000's for me? Thanks.

No matter how many times I go back to Hagi's page, he never magically has enough games.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2021, 08:59:43 pm »
Sorry about the Lucio pick, was posting from my phone. I have re-picked.

This is what Zbigniew Boniek, who is the foremost authority on judging a player's talent, had to say about my man Ciro.

while Polish former midfielder Zbigniew Boniek has stated that Ferrara was the best defender he ever faced.[13]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2021, 09:06:23 pm by Max_powers »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2021, 09:07:25 pm »

If you want an amazing striker I can PM you one. He probably has scored more goals in La Liga than Stoichkov too.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2021, 09:14:56 pm »
and there goes my man Scholl

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 11, 2021, 09:19:01 pm »
If you want an amazing striker I can PM you one. He probably has scored more goals in La Liga than Stoichkov too.

Thanks mate, need a wide player (was hoping to shoehorn Stoichkov in there :P). Curious to know who that striker is, to my mind, all the best ones have gone.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 11, 2021, 09:20:41 pm »
and there goes my man Scholl
I heard he had really nice feet.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 11, 2021, 09:23:13 pm »
Thanks mate, need a wide player (was hoping to shoehorn Stoichkov in there :P). Curious to know who that striker is, to my mind, all the best ones have gone.

PM'd you some names

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 11, 2021, 09:35:28 pm »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2021, 10:41:32 pm »
Absolute fucker, was certain I could leave Sancho and get him late.

Well, that’s me left hoping Hagi made 80 appearances in his final season at Galatasaray.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2021, 10:53:45 pm »
Absolute fucker, was certain I could leave Sancho and get him late.

Well, that’s me left hoping Hagi made 80 appearances in his final season at Galatasaray.

Payback :D

I was caught in a few minds with some other options, but Sancho has pace to go along with his ability which makes him stand out.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 12, 2021, 10:40:31 am »
I'll give Betty 10 mins then take my pick if no movement. Get this finished today.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 12, 2021, 11:19:46 am »
I've PM'd Betty to take two picks, if no movement by 12:15 then Pete is free to carry on.

Happy with my team. Had Sancho pinched last minute, but this XI in a Catenaccio could do some serious damage -

Van Der Sar

Pique                           Varane
Kimmich                                                                                          Marcelo

Lucas
                         Guardiola                                 Simeone

Prosinecki             Gomez

Lewandowksi 

Kimmich and Marcelo bombing forward, offered adequate protection by a very solid midfield three. Simeone and Guardiola both good distributors and Prosinecki and Gomez world class dribblers. Lucas doing a purely shielding job and Lewandowski putting away absolutely everything that comes into the box. Good Keeper as well for once. Will have a mess around on the template thing but may need some assistance.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2021, 12:37:35 pm »
Payback :D

I was caught in a few minds with some other options, but Sancho has pace to go along with his ability which makes him stand out.

How’s it going lads! Thanks again Betts for drafting - appreciate it.  Looks like a fun one Elz 👍🏼⚽️

DeFacto you have a pick in the other draft to make - Maybe the Pats rookie RB?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2021, 12:46:11 pm »
How’s it going lads! Thanks again Betts for drafting - appreciate it.  Looks like a fun one Elz 👍🏼⚽️

DeFacto you have a pick in the other draft to make - Maybe the Pats rookie RB?

cheers trend, just made my pick

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2021, 12:59:20 pm »
I've PM'd Betty to take two picks, if no movement by 12:15 then Pete is free to carry on.

Ok i went and finished my team.

Defacto up next

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 12, 2021, 01:28:43 pm »
Finished

Dida

Zanetti  Godin de Boer   Denis Irwin

Baraja  Van Bommel

Sancho     Juninho     Pires

Elber   

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: May 12, 2021, 01:53:42 pm »
Stekelenburg a brave pick.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 12, 2021, 01:56:32 pm »
Stekelenburg a brave pick.

Yeah there are better keepers available

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 12, 2021, 02:30:23 pm »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 02:32:46 pm by Max_powers »

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2021, 03:07:09 pm »
Sort those numbers out, boys.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 12, 2021, 03:09:14 pm »
Yeah that and Robbo being too far wide is hurting my OCD
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 12, 2021, 03:10:16 pm »
Will post my graphic tonight

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 12, 2021, 03:13:42 pm »
Lobo ensuring that at least one goal is conceded when Chilavert is unable to get back in time after a poor free kick  ;D

I remember him taking free kicks and pens and twatting Asprilla, I can't actually remember whether he was a good goalkeeper.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 12, 2021, 03:16:55 pm »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #237 on: May 12, 2021, 03:19:20 pm »
Have I just made up that Right back is number 2, and Left back number 3 usually?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 12, 2021, 03:50:52 pm »
Numbers are made up BS anyway.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #239 on: May 12, 2021, 04:00:42 pm »
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.