Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
The Boozer / Re: What Car Do You Own/Drive?
« Last post by thejbs on Today at 11:32:09 pm »
Heating controls via touch screen is evil. It’s just a money saving exercise at the expense of usability.
General Football and Sport / Re: Everton - The 777 Unflushables
« Last post by Anthony on Today at 11:30:52 pm »
They’ve not got a great record as tenants

Who would they go to for a reference??
Was reading on Hoeness, seems really flexible with his formation and trusts youth.

News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by Riquende on Today at 11:27:52 pm »
I wonder what he will look like when he goes to prison, No orange make up, no hair doos to cover up his baldy head. will he need to ask for nappys during his time in prison.

Regardless of the verdict, I doubt he sees regular jail time for this. There's a lot of logistical complications and I think the judge would work with the secret service & whoever else to come up with some sort of house arrest solution with a ban on posting on his socials.

A sort of 21st century Elba, if you take my meaning.
General Football and Sport / Re: The Golf Thread
« Last post by Ray K on Today at 11:27:22 pm »
What happened to Justin Rose MBE over the weekend? I never saw any coverage of him.

Well he didn't make it as far as the weekend. 73/78 for +7 and missed the cut by a shot.
That's interesting from Ornstein that.

Amorim in but maybe not necessarily top candidate.

Hoeness may be in contention.

The comment of going left field and "not looking for applause but to get it right" may mean someone very different than what we expect.

Names that come to mind on this:

Frank
Motta
Fonseca
Kovac - although isn't he quite a defensive manager, and also not really that good in his last jobs
Hoeness
Slot
Roger Schmidt
Emrey

Hoeness excites me. He'd be my second choice behind Amorim. The job he's done at Stuttgart is mad and the data suggests he is the ideal fit stylistically. In fact, maybe he's my first choice.
Interesting thing I'd note is that (I'm assuming) the engine can't judge players by specific decade and will always judge each player at his best. So 00s Chiellini for example is not his peak, which is the 10s. Or 90s Schuster who was way better in the 80s.

Doesn't matter hugely here, but for any future drafts it's worth remembering that they have to be all-time and not league/club/decade specific.
Good point

I've used the player's peaks for this, so definitely a limitation if we were comparing these teams as representatives of their decade.  This is just something to test the engine etc at the moment.

I think we look to set up a draft specifically for the sim after our season ends.  I've got some changes I want to implement in the game engine and I need to increase the amount of options for commentary lines too as it's a bit too repetitive.  I might take the "what a hit son" line out too as it was only in there for laughs (maybe I'll add "corner taken quickly" instead).

Any other feedback about the sim would be welcome (Samie, this doesn't mean I want ideas of how to make your phalanx team competitive).
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Everton Away Details
« Last post by redgriffin73 on Today at 11:21:56 pm »
Anyone else still waiting on tickets from the first sale?

Arrived today.
Technology and Science / Re: One Man's Mission to X $44 billion Goodbye
« Last post by thejbs on Today at 11:17:08 pm »
Laid off 10% of the Tesla staff as it was the only option that the Multi-billionaire could take to improve the company’s finances... Many workers only found out as they tried to scan their work passes the next morning.

Apparently, he ‘hates’ laying off people, despite making a sport of it at Twitter. I can only assume that is because he hates having to pay severance.

Tesla was always going to suffer when the big guns caught up, but Musk essentially turning a Tesla into a four-wheeled MAGA hat is surely doing a huge amount of damage.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10