Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1887931 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #11120 on: September 23, 2021, 09:45:41 pm »
Yeah you have to think of the Bayern contacts are whispering he’ll be off into the sunset soonish. Nobody’s gonna be crying too much - can’t see the club giving him a bumper pay day.

Will Bayern actually pay us money or will they just wait whilst he runs his contact down?

May be the best for both clubs if this is true.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11121 on: September 23, 2021, 09:47:23 pm »
In fairness pal it's not just the one game is it though. The lad is made of glass. It's a real pity because i had huge hopes for him here.
I remember before the season seeing he was unavailable for games for 25% of his time. Feels like more with the way people talk about him

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11122 on: September 23, 2021, 09:53:05 pm »
Sore foot after kicking the ground so cant play - fucking Suarez had to borrow one of Gerrard's boots to play a match because his wouldn't fit as his foot was so swollen. It is becoming a farce now in fairness. One of his camp spouting out he is going to turn down a new contract - well off you trot lad.

Pretty bizarre he's even being offered one

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11123 on: September 23, 2021, 09:53:20 pm »
I remember before the season seeing he was unavailable for games for 25% of his time. Feels like more with the way people talk about him

Twenty five per cent is quite a lot I think. But it's true, he was available to play a bit more than many people think. I seem to remember that he was fit for the run-in last season. Jurgen simply decided not to pick him. And, as it turned out, he wasn't needed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #11124 on: September 23, 2021, 10:09:34 pm »
Elliot is Wijnaldum’s replacement.

Elliot is shaqs replacement

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11125 on: September 23, 2021, 10:16:45 pm »
Elliot is Wijnaldum’s replacement.
Thiago= Gini replacement Elliott=Shaq

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #11126 on: September 23, 2021, 10:20:19 pm »
Elliot is shaqs replacement
Shaqiri played 551 minutes in the league last season, only half of them were in midfield, he didn’t need replacing.

BTW, I didn’t mean Elliot was a like-for-like replacement for Wijnaldum, more that he restored our midfield numbers.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 10:30:50 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11127 on: September 24, 2021, 11:36:31 am »
The bigger issue is that all our injuries are in midfield. Keita, Milly, Harvey and Thiago out which leaves Fab, Hendo and Jones with only Ox as back up.

Sod’s law it happens when we sell Gini and the press pack ask Jurgen why we’re not buying a replacement.

Milner's fine isn't he? Just was ill similar to Trent I thought.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11128 on: September 24, 2021, 11:43:42 am »
This feels like the sort of one where a month will pass and he'll be "near" "close" etc. Fab and Hendo will probably have to be run in to the ground this coming week so hopefully they come through it ok.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11129 on: September 24, 2021, 11:53:27 am »
Twenty five per cent is quite a lot I think. But it's true, he was available to play a bit more than many people think. I seem to remember that he was fit for the run-in last season. Jurgen simply decided not to pick him. And, as it turned out, he wasn't needed.

I think what plays with peoples perception a little is he doesn't seem to be fit when we really need him. So if a few of our midfield are injured or need a rest [or in last seasons case two of our midfielders were playing at CB] then we absolutely need him to step up and stake his claim. Instead he's out, again, AND this time apparently for a pretty daft sounding reason. Injuries to other players I'd say I feel should be his opportunity to get a run in the side and make Jurgen think he needs him. But it rarely seems to work that way because he tends to pile one problem onto another by being out himself. Our first choice midfield this season is likely Thiago, Hendo and Fab and prior to Elliot's injury he looked to be the one Jurgen fancied coming in. After his goal at the weekend this felt, not for the first time, like a big opportunity for Naby. But again we've been let down. It's hard not to feel frustrated with him after 3 years or so of this.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11130 on: September 24, 2021, 12:08:44 pm »
What happened to him? Apart from the injuries, his game became timid.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11131 on: September 24, 2021, 12:11:01 pm »
What happened to him? Apart from the injuries, his game became timid.

Doing what he's been asked to do.

Offline oldman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11132 on: September 24, 2021, 12:19:56 pm »
In fairness pal it's not just the one game is it though. The lad is made of glass. It's a real pity because i had huge hopes for him here.

my mrs calls him "crystal legs " which seems fair

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11133 on: September 24, 2021, 12:21:27 pm »
Doing what he's been asked to do.
Then why does Thiago still express himself and not him?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11134 on: September 24, 2021, 12:23:30 pm »
Then why does Thiago still express himself and not him?

probably the same reason Gini didn't but did for Holland.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11135 on: September 24, 2021, 12:32:24 pm »
probably the same reason Gini didn't but did for Holland.
He's too talented to be playing a timid sideways-passing game.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #11136 on: September 24, 2021, 12:36:52 pm »
This thread is a like a footballing Room 101. Hope. Discord. Injury. Repeat.

Hope. Discord. Injury. Repeat.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11137 on: September 24, 2021, 12:48:35 pm »
Did Klopp say he was definitely out? I thought he said he was probably not available due to the pain.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11138 on: September 24, 2021, 12:53:15 pm »
Made of sand this guy. I know it's only one game but we could've used him against Brentford. How many more times are we going to read "Keita out of ___ game"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #11139 on: September 24, 2021, 12:54:16 pm »
Made of sand this guy. I know it's only one game but we could've used him against Brentford. How many more times are we going to read "Keita out of ___ game"

Probably whenever he's injured
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #11140 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:37 pm »
Probably whenever he's injured

Or made a Prisoner of War in an African Nation.

Or abducted by strange beings from the netherworld.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11141 on: September 24, 2021, 01:34:27 pm »
Or made a Prisoner of War in an African Nation.

Or abducted by strange beings from the netherworld.

You laugh....but with Naby lad anything is possible clearly.

Fucking one week scores the goal of the season and the next kicks the ground and misses games. 

So it's not crazy to suggest that aliens would abduct him, promise that he'd be back home for the City game - but drop him off on Monday and claim they forgot to account for intergalactic planetary time differences.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:50:05 pm by newterp »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11142 on: September 24, 2021, 02:30:31 pm »
Ox will be the next one to go  ;)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #11143 on: September 24, 2021, 03:03:56 pm »
I really thought that this would be his moment and that he'd make it at least until the new year without getting injured. And that perhaps we'd see the player we thought we were buying.

Yeah, I know he may be back in a week or two. But he may also miss two months. And that's just the thing. It's not good enough and perhaps when this season finishes it would be best if we got rid and found a replacement.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11144 on: September 24, 2021, 03:05:23 pm »
I saw an interview in German from him the other day where he suggested that he actually enjoys getting injured, so read into that what you will.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11145 on: September 24, 2021, 03:18:26 pm »
I saw an interview in German from him the other day where he suggested that he actually enjoys getting injured, so read into that what you will.

What he does in his personal life shouldn't be brought into the discussion.  :-X :-X :-X :-X

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11146 on: September 24, 2021, 03:19:48 pm »
I really thought that this would be his moment and that he'd make it at least until the new year without getting injured. And that perhaps we'd see the player we thought we were buying.

Yeah, I know he may be back in a week or two. But he may also miss two months. And that's just the thing. It's not good enough and perhaps when this season finishes it would be best if we got rid and found a replacement.

Could always.. you know be patient and see what happens instead of jumping to a decision based on nothing but the past. He's been playing well to be honest, he's picked up an injury which most players do at some point, just give him time to be able to play again and go from there.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #11147 on: September 24, 2021, 06:05:46 pm »
I think Klopp’s words at the end when describing his injury pretty much says it all.
Add ‘got injured while kicking the grass’ to the list. I don’t really care anymore to be honest.

Any injury to Hendo or Fab now and we’re in big trouble in central midfield.
YWNA

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11148 on: September 24, 2021, 07:28:19 pm »
I think Klopp’s words at the end when describing his injury pretty much says it all.
Add ‘got injured while kicking the grass’ to the list. I don’t really care anymore to be honest.

He'll be back in 2-3 games. Thiago will be back in 3 games. We have Miller, Ox and Jones apart from Fabinho and Hendo. We'll be fine.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #11149 on: September 24, 2021, 07:31:58 pm »
Injured again eh, who would of thought it….!
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11150 on: September 24, 2021, 07:32:38 pm »
Hope this is true. If we can get decent money for Keita it would be a real bonus.

Everyone knows what a skilful footballer the lad is. I think they also know that we need a player like Keita who can break the lines and make life really interesting around the opposition penalty area. But his impact at Liverpool has been laughably slight. And now he's kicked some grass and hurt himself.....

The very fact that Jurgen offered this as the explanation speaks volumes. Especially if it's actually true.   

I don't think it does. There are questions about his robustness since he joined but it sounds like Klopp was just offering an explanation about what happened more than it being a criticism of Keita.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11151 on: September 24, 2021, 07:46:15 pm »
I don't think it does. There are questions about his robustness since he joined but it sounds like Klopp was just offering an explanation about what happened more than it being a criticism of Keita.
Of course you're correct. Klopp's not a snide. That's a fan trait, unfortunately.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #11152 on: September 25, 2021, 08:42:22 am »

Post the interview otherwise it's just hearsay.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11153 on: September 25, 2021, 08:43:37 am »
Klopp said the injury isn't serious. I think a bigger deal is being made of this than need be.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11154 on: September 25, 2021, 08:48:44 am »
As if Klopp would throw his player under the bus like this. He's not Mourinho. Obviously he meant 'the ground' rather than that because Keita is so injury prone just kicking the grass gets him injured. And so yes, the way it's been read says a lot more about certain fans than it does about Keita or the manager.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11155 on: September 25, 2021, 08:56:50 am »
Post the interview otherwise it's just hearsay.

@David_Ornstein

Keita has confirmed in an interview with ‘Die Zwiebel’ this week that he actively enjoys getting injured, and one of the ways he passes time when injured is laughing at fans moaning that he’s injured again. “It’s funny” said Keita. “My coup de gras is yet to come, but just wait. It’ll be better than when Michael Stensgaard injured himself with an ironing board”.

Now I don’t know how reliable Ornstein is, but I can’t see why he’d make it up

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11156 on: September 25, 2021, 08:57:15 am »
It’s interesting how folk are focussed on the injury/comment thing and not on the quiet word in the ear of people in and around Bayern. We don’t have to resent anyone - all it means is, amazingly, this player who contributed to League and European Cup is further down the manager’s pecking order than two players we’ve promoted from youth ranks. All that tells you is that our youth system is phenomenal, which is incredibly positive. “If only he could stay fit” is all you can say. Same goes for all of the more injury prone squad members.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11157 on: September 25, 2021, 10:22:37 am »
This is egregious. It's at the stage now where he should either be fined or his wages docked whenever he is injured.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11158 on: September 25, 2021, 10:33:50 am »
This is egregious. It's at the stage now where he should either be fined or his wages docked whenever he is injured.

It's currently one game. He has been available for selection every game this season. Despite the small sample size how many players have been available for selection every game this season?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 10:53:59 am by spider-neil »

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11159 on: September 25, 2021, 11:21:30 am »
I think he should be made to stand on his head, for every day he is injured.