Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 579147 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Can you fix him?
I'm a doctor, Jim, not a miracle worker.
My favourite, I’m a doctor Jim not a godamn plasterer ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
Sigh.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline DiggerJohn

• Kopite
  • Up the Scouser Republic
Didn't look good for young Connor there

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Jurgen say anything after the game on Bradley’s injury?
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Jurgen say anything after the game on Bradley’s injury?

Doesn't know if it's ligament damage or not.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1779541278482370946

Klopp on Conor Bradley injury: "He over-stretched. Whether it's ligament damage or not, I don't know yet. We will get that information on Monday or Tuesday."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Think Bradley’s race is run for this season whether injured or not. Never want an injury but he could do with a breather, he has been excellent.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Think Bradley’s race is run for this season whether injured or not. Never want an injury but he could do with a breather, he has been excellent.

Needs a breather but we've got 4 away games in 9 or 10 games coming up. Our options now are either a rusty Trent coming back from long term injury or an off-the-boil Gomez who isn't great on the side anyway. Bradley missing a couple of games did for Trent last time when he ended up rushed back in for Arsenal away.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Needs a breather but we've got 4 away games in 9 or 10 games coming up. Our options now are either a rusty Trent coming back from long term injury or an off-the-boil Gomez who isn't great on the side anyway. Bradley missing a couple of games did for Trent last time when he ended up rushed back in for Arsenal away.

Going to have to be Trent, or Jomez. And to be honest, if Trent cannot play most of the games now, we're done for this season.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Wouldnt be shocked to see Jones play a game there too.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
We only have 6 games left and I think there's enough of a gap that Trent can play them all. He can start Rob Jones in Atalanta for all I care.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wouldnt be shocked to see Jones play a game there too.
Potentially nice opportunity for some cameos from Bajcetic too who plated there in his brief games this season

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Give Gomez and Tsimikas the two midweek games and Trent and Robertson the five Sat-Mon games. Trent getting another 45 minutes against Atalanta should set him up nicely for Fulham.

Thursday 18/04/2024 20:00 EUROPA LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2nd LEG vs Atalanta (a)
Sunday 21/04/2024 16:30 Fulham (a)
Wednesday 24/04/2024 20:00 Everton (a)
Saturday 27/04/2024 12:30 West Ham United (a)
Sunday 05/05/2024 16:30 Tottenham Hotspur (h)
Monday 13/05/2024 20:00 Aston Villa (a)
Sunday 19/05/2024 16:00 Wolverhampton (h)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Bradley out for 3 weeks.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
If we're equating domestic cup competitions to European competitions, the Europa League is the EFL and the Champions League is the FA Cup.

Kelleher has tended to play all EFL cup games and I don’t expect that to change in the Europa League. Klopp won’t forget how much he’s helped us out this season and bench him for the rest of the season. Besides, why give Alisson more opportunities to get injured again.

Looks like Jurgen forgot how much he's helped us out this season...

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
in before the 'we absolutely definitely don't have a problem with returning players quickly getting injured, how can you even ask?!' crowd of zealots get settled in ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
Jota. Two weeks. Urgh
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jota. Two weeks. Urgh

WTF??

We need another forward given that Jota is good for alot of missed time every year.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
WTF??

We need another forward given that Jota is good for alot of missed time every year.
Hip injury.

That’s life I guess
W

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
in before the 'we absolutely definitely don't have a problem with returning players quickly getting injured, how can you even ask?!' crowd of zealots get settled in ;D

Is it a recurrence of the previous injury?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
two weeks....

sigh...

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
We don't half pick up some injuries. There not even minor ones either, as for Jota at no point during the goal did he look hurt.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
No luck.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

I don't put this one on the fitness team. Jota is just made of glass.

A mate of mine is a Wolves fan and he did tell me when we bought him that he's brilliant but picks up too many injuries. A real shame as we really miss his finishing.

Darwin and Mo really need to step up now.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
“It’s not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it’s pretty much nothing but enough to not be available.”

If it's a nothing injury according to Klopp, then why, at this point in the season, are we so cautious with our one forward who looks like scoring? Can we not for once try and run a player or give him a painkiller? There's no time for him to contribute anyway if he sits out now.

Of course we don't have all the information, but I can't help feeling that we are stupidly risk averse when it comes to injuries. If I had any feeling that being risk averse was in any way helping us to avoid them, then I'd say that the policy is fine, but that doesn't happen at all. Even when we constantly preach caution, rush nothing, and give players double the amount of time to come back, we still end up getting more injuries than anyone else anyway. So you're kind of left feeling, what's the point?

Would love to feel confident that Mo and Darwin are finally gonna step up in this run-in, but I'm not massively optimistic.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:43:43 pm by decosabute »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
I'd be happy to see Danns get minutes.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
“It’s not a big one. When I say two weeks, actually really it’s pretty much nothing but enough to not be available.”

If it's a nothing injury according to Klopp, then why, at this point in the season, are we so cautious with our one forward who looks like scoring? Can we not for once try and run a player or give him a painkiller? There's no time for him to contribute anyway if he sits out now.

Of course we don't have all the information, but I can't help feeling that we are stupidly risk averse when it comes to injuries. If I had any feeling that being risk averse was in any way helping us to avoid them, then I'd say that the policy is fine, but that doesn't happen at all. Even when we constantly preach caution, rush nothing, and give players double the amount of time to come back, we still end up getting more injuries than anyone else anyway. So you're kind of left feeling, what's the point?

Would love to feel confident that Mo and Darwin are finally gonna step up in this run-in, but I'm not massively optimistic.

Yeah thats just a fucking joke isn't it, desperate for someone to come in and score goals, he bags the first one in open play for a while as the rest of the front line have been stinking the place up, everyone is made up but then he's fucking injured again. Absolute pile of fucking shite just as we thought it might get better.

Although speaking through emotion I agree, just fucking inject them with pain killers if it's a 'nothing' injury while we have 6 cup finals left.

Just got to hope to fuck that Salah gets his head screwed on for the last few games, annoying as fuck how he has fallen off a cliff when we all know he can score for fun when he wants to.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Didn’t he get a bang on the hip in the build up to the 2nd leg v Atalanta. He was on the bench but not 100%.

Presume that playing Sunday has aggravated that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
That's Jota done for the season then.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Fuck it. We're back to forwards completely out of form and seemingly uncapable of scoring from open play. Not good news this, and by that I mean it's fucking shocking news.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Despair you can live with, its the injury news that kills you!

Offline Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
Yeah thats just a fucking joke isn't it, desperate for someone to come in and score goals, he bags the first one in open play for a while as the rest of the front line have been stinking the place up, everyone is made up but then he's fucking injured again. Absolute pile of fucking shite just as we thought it might get better.

Although speaking through emotion I agree, just fucking inject them with pain killers if it's a 'nothing' injury while we have 6 cup finals left.

Just got to hope to fuck that Salah gets his head screwed on for the last few games, annoying as fuck how he has fallen off a cliff when we all know he can score for fun when he wants to.

Gravenberch scored our first goal from open play to end the bad run ;)

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
Injuries have given PGMOL a run for their money when it comes to costing us points!

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
It's almost Thiago-esque. Almost, as Thiago managed to tear his hamstring in 5 minutes on the pitch.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Fairly sure that we (and or the players) ask that very very often, don't think it'd be a 'for once' situation.

As for why the caution, my guess is it's that he has an international tournament this summer kicking off middle of June (and the prep games are about 5 or 6 weeks away).

Offline Boston Bosox

• Legacy Fan
Diogo Jota Games Payed

Appearances per season
Season   League   FA   LC   Europe   Other   Total
Totals   97   7   10   31   0   145
2020-2021   19   0   2   9   0   30
2021-2022   35   5   4   11   0   55
2022-2023   22   0   0   6   0   28
2023-2024   21   2   4   5   0   32

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
Just I just say "fuck"
Please?

Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
The ex evertonian Iwobi landed on him similar to the Brentford tackle but obviously not as serious.   
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
Least surprising news that.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Fairly sure that we (and or the players) ask that very very often, don't think it'd be a 'for once' situation.

As for why the caution, my guess is it's that he has an international tournament this summer kicking off middle of June (and the prep games are about 5 or 6 weeks away).

I don't get that feeling at all. Innocuous, nothing injuries are always minimum a few weeks. The players are usually back later than forecast too. Players coming off any medium to long term injury always take weeks building up to starts. The last one especially is fine in isolation, but my point is that we are risk-averse on all injuries. I don't see the same caution at all in our rivals. City constantly rush players back. DeBruyne was clearly playing through injections the back end of last season. 34 year old Walker just played 300 minutes in 7 days straight after getting rushed back from a minor injury.

I think we are super cautious, which would be fine if we saw any benefit from that approach, but we don't. It reminded me of last season when we would constantly not start players because we were playing it safe, but then those same players would be thrown on at half time or 60 to save the game for us anyway. You're left thinking, what was the point?

And maybe you're right in this case that Jota wouldn't want to take injections or any risk with the Euros coming, but I feel like we do this constantly regardless.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:23:45 pm by decosabute »