Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
MJG is the elected equivalent of Tommy Robinson.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Sexual Abuser Donald Trump Indicted
« Last post by thejbs on Today at 11:24:24 pm »
I was WhatsApped the video and played it without having heard the news. Absolutely shocking. I would advise avoiding it. There’s no way he’s survived. second self-immolation this year in the states.
Was at the cup game here. They had us on the rack for 10 in the second half and we were flying at the time. Early chances need to be put away or we will struggle.
News and Current Affairs / Re: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES
« Last post by TSC on Today at 11:19:12 pm »
Yep and they will be sure to do the same here. With commissions and bonus payments to force people into work

He wont get it out to tender before a general election but it will be popular with tory/reform voters so lets see if it moves the needle? I doubt it

Over the last few months they’ve advertised for and recruited ‘assessors’.  I’d a look at the job description and person spec a few months ago for said positions.  Little to zip requirement to have relevant experience.  Just academic criteria, ie GCSE’s and working knowledge of working with Microsoft packages, eg word and excel.

Such folk will decide on benefit eligibility.

Same as happened years ago under the Tories during ‘austerity’ which ended up costing more as I recall, as so many successfully challenged decisions.  Of course it’s outsourced to the private sector again.

https://www.disabilitynewsservice.com/dwp-assessment-contracts-will-see-another-2-billion-handed-to-outsourcing-giants/
Media and Arts / Re: The Concerts and Festivals Thread!
« Last post by BarryCrocker on Today at 11:17:03 pm »
Had a notification the other day that Arcade Fire have a gig lined up in July at Brixton Academy to mark the 20th anniversary of Funeral, and Warmduscher are in support. Sounds right up my street...

Or would be if the cheapest tickets weren't £186 a pop. FFS!  :o

Has the taint of Win's supposed actions gone away yet?

Chelsea’s £76.5m hotel deals raise questions over PSR compliance
> Club’s losses reduced by property deal with sister company
> Chelsea would have lost £166.4m without hotel sales

Premier League clubs reacted with exasperation after seeing that ­Chelsea eased their financial ­position with the £76.5m sale of two hotels to a ­sister company in a deal that appears to have helped the club avoid a breach of profitability and ­sustainability rules (PSR).

Chelsea’s accounts, published last weekend, revealed the club made a loss of £89.9m in the last financial year. That figure would have been £166.4m without the hotels sale from Chelsea FC Holdings Ltd to Blueco 22 Properties Ltd. Both companies are subsidiaries of Chelsea’s holding company, Blueco 22 Ltd.

The move to sell the Millenium and Copthorne hotels, and their car ­parking, was not blocked by the league. But Chelsea’s ability to exploit a loophole in the rules has not gone down well with ­everyone. An ­executive at one top-flight club was incredulous after learning of the deal and another club were left with “raised eyebrows” and were said to have read the accounts “with interest”.

There was a sense of ­resignation at another club, where a figure said that the deal came as “little ­surprise”.

Under the PSRs Premier League clubs are not permitted to have losses of more than £105m over a three-year period. The league has sought to deal heavily with PSR breaches this ­season. Everton received their ­second points deduction of the season last week – the appeal board handling the appeal said on Friday it intended to announce the outcome before the end of the campaign – and Nottingham Forest were docked four points last month. Forest’s appeal against their ­punishment will be held next week.

Chelsea have spent more than £1bn on signings under their Todd Boehly-Clearlake Capital ownership but are confident they will continue to comply with the regulations. They are likely to need to sell players to raise funds this summer.

The hotel sales were yet to be assessed as “fair market value” under the league’s associated-party ­transactions rules, according to ­Chelsea’s accounts. Any decrease in the £76.5m ­valuation could place Chelsea’s finances under renewed pressure. The accounts were signed off in December 2023, six months after the hotels deal took place.

Chelsea and the league have not confirmed whether a fair-market assessment has been concluded. It has been pointed out by Chelsea that they appointed two independent valuers to assess the club’s valuation of the hotels and that no issues were raised.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/19/chelseas-765m-hotel-deals-raise-questions-over-psr-compliance
The fact is if Liverpool and United made a joint decision to move away from the prem it would die a death and the money and eventually the other non sport washing clubs would follow us both into whatever league we went with.

Neither us nor United have the financial clout to make this idea work. It would be a disaster.
It feels like must win to stay in the hunt for the title. Hopefully we see some sort of response, and a bit of tempo in how we pass it about, too.

You never say never, but if we win the next two, Man City will be playing catch up, albeit with games in hand, and it might add a little pressure.

First things first. Beat Fulham.
The winning streak continues.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Last post by Fitzy. on Today at 11:01:16 pm »
Given that the three that were on it are some of my favourites on TAW usually, I was really surprised at what I was hearing on the Pink. Neil was talking about "love" and "Salah being brilliant and scoring a brilliant pen". I just couldn't recognise a lot of these things in what I saw. I mean I understand people not wanting to slaughter a gang of players and manager that we really have loved, but I felt like I'd watched an entirely different game.

As brilliant as Neil is in a lot of ways, I feel that one minor issue TAW has sometimes is his personality overpowering the conversation. So if Neil decides one of the most whimperish exits from Europe I've ever seen is fine and full of positives, then the others fall a bit into line with that.

I think Neil, Ben and Adam are all fantastic, but just thought that was a strange listen after one of the sadder games I can remember - a truly great era petering out.
I wouldn’t assume to talk for Neil and he doesn’t need folk on RAWK to be his gatekeeper, but I sense that he’s pursuing a line that is essentially one of anti-hysterical. Now and always, Neil treads a path that is opposed to dramatic opinions and hot takes. He’s not into throwing players under a bus; never has been. Indeed, he often does the opposite. He finds positives in the bad times. He sees the light when all around him feel dull. This is probably a professional decision - heading up a fan media operation brings certain responsibilities and he has the opportunity to set a tone that may be antithetical to virtually all around him. Accentuating the good amongst the sadness.

I see a virtue in this. My perspective is that Neil is railing against the tidal wave of over emotional lads who take to their mobile phones and give appallingly negative energy to any setback. Neil’s not having it. He’s not accepting the “Klopp’s been great … but…” crap that we’re seeing emerging. He’s not going along with some hysterical notion that Salah is ‘done’. He’s standing up to the large proportion of the fanbase who seem to operate with the sense of catastrophe about to happen.

I believe this is his own editorial choice. He suspects most (well some) fans can’t at all handle slumps, defeats, cup exits etc so he’s presenting himself as a protector of sanity by utterly disengaging with such unhinged lunacy.

That’s not to suggest last night was any way good; it’s more a case that it’s not representative of some disastrous decline. There’s a league to be won and all anyone can do is predict failure. Neil’s not having it and fair play to him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10