Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3286410 times)

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #29000 on: March 15, 2024, 03:49:13 pm »
Konaté, with an emphasis on the "e" is the correct pronunciation.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29001 on: March 15, 2024, 05:33:50 pm »
How else would you pronounce it? Ko-nate like Nate Dogg?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #29002 on: March 15, 2024, 05:49:33 pm »
I had a mates dad round ours for the City game at the weekend.

It is very fair to say that he struggles somewhat with the pronunciation of Szoboszlai.

"Sobslob".

Didn't quite know whether to laugh or cry.

And I thought Steve McManaman saying Sloboszlai was bad enough!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29003 on: March 16, 2024, 02:29:40 am »
Konaté, with an emphasis on the "e" is the correct pronunciation.

Yep, but as a former French resident myself, when using French names in English conversation I subconsciously alter my pronunciation of French names to make them fit the general flow... not mispronunciation exactly, just modulated. Similarly, when speaking French I would even alter my own name, and Steven Gerrard (I lived there from 04 to 07 so he came up a lot) would be "zher-AR" or whatever. I kind of find overly-perfected pronunciation of foreign names almost as annoying as blatantly butchery. I think I have mental problems...

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29004 on: March 16, 2024, 04:38:00 pm »
The latest episode in my podcast app is the Sparta Prague post match show. Surely that can’t be the latest episode? If not, does anybody know what’s wrong?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29005 on: March 16, 2024, 05:08:40 pm »
The latest episode in my podcast app is the Sparta Prague post match show. Surely that can’t be the latest episode? If not, does anybody know what’s wrong?

Stupid question probably but have you tried pulling the app Home Screen down to refresh it and/ or totally closing the app and reopening it?

Most recent audio should be the pre-match warmup.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #29006 on: March 20, 2024, 10:18:52 pm »
Brilliant episode with Clive Tyldesley today. Though, not sure which was madder: how dismissive he was of Gomez starting for England or suggesting Southgate take over from Jurgen  ???

Suppose it shows how even for such a smart footballing man, how disconnected England fans are from Liverpool.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #29007 on: March 20, 2024, 10:50:55 pm »
Where can I find the show where Neil talks about the new champions league format please any help warmly appreciated

Nice one
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #29008 on: March 21, 2024, 03:03:09 am »
Brilliant episode with Clive Tyldesley today. Though, not sure which was madder: how dismissive he was of Gomez starting for England or suggesting Southgate take over from Jurgen  ???

Suppose it shows how even for such a smart footballing man, how disconnected England fans are from Liverpool.

The Southgate one. Absolutely

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29009 on: March 21, 2024, 07:31:06 am »
Where can I find the show where Neil talks about the new champions league format please any help warmly appreciated

Nice one

The Friday Night with Erdinger 12th January Video
And on YouTube, Neil and Phil on the new format and Kav like most of us didn't have a clue but does now  ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UO_qrp3p4ZI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UO_qrp3p4ZI</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO_qrp3p4ZI

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #29010 on: March 21, 2024, 11:11:13 am »
Gutmann is absolute box office. Love him.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #29011 on: March 21, 2024, 11:45:11 am »

His misunderstanding of Fernando :lmao
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29012 on: March 21, 2024, 01:46:33 pm »

The Southgate shout was merely a hypothetical - asking Neil what the reaction would be. Clive didn't go as far to link Southgate for the job or even endorse it as a good idea.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #29013 on: March 21, 2024, 04:37:32 pm »

He`s awesome. A natural.

Offline klopptilyoudrop

• Kemlynite
    • Ryan Watts
« Reply #29014 on: March 21, 2024, 08:37:48 pm »
And I thought Steve McManaman saying Sloboszlai was bad enough!

Towards the start of the season, Joe Cole said 'Spozolai'. He's covered a number of Reds matches since, and I've never heard him try to say it since that night. I think he might be banned from talking about him.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #29015 on: March 22, 2024, 06:02:29 am »
The Southgate shout was merely a hypothetical - asking Neil what the reaction would be. Clive didn't go as far to link Southgate for the job or even endorse it as a good idea.

By bringing it up he is linking him.

It's like me saying "what would Liverpool fans thing of Ten Hag as Liverpool manager"

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29016 on: March 22, 2024, 01:06:32 pm »
By bringing it up he is linking him.

It's like me saying "what would Liverpool fans thing of Ten Hag as Liverpool manager"
Linking him to gauge the mood. No more than that

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29017 on: March 24, 2024, 08:53:10 am »

I'll preface this by saying I think the Clive Tyldesley episodes have all been good, and he generally speaks well and is very fair-minded. He's definitely a welcome addition.

But wow, that Southgate shout was a clanger of epic proportions. I know he's just testing the theory, but still genuinely staggering that someone who knows their football would even suggest it. Fair play to Neil for not just going "wtf?" and instead giving it a long, balanced answer it didn't deserve.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #29018 on: March 25, 2024, 08:11:31 pm »
I've no idea what the appeal of a podcast live show is
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Online Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #29019 on: March 26, 2024, 07:26:34 am »
I’ve never managed to get to a TAW Live show, however I’ve been to podcast live shows before. Recently went to the Football Cliches show and it was great fun. Sat with some mates, having a beer and watching some blokes you kind of know from a good podcast. Would recommend.

Offline tax_man

• Kopite
« Reply #29020 on: March 26, 2024, 05:40:18 pm »

In-person format of something we’re used to being virtual. Refreshing antidote to last 4 years where we’ve gone the other direction!

I went to first half of their NYC show (was gutted to leave early - work related) and found it novel and fun. Little bit of uncanny valley after purely *listening* to the pod since around 2011 but would recommend

Offline Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #29021 on: March 26, 2024, 08:58:42 pm »

I've been to a few. You often get extra content that doesn't get recorded too (not sure about TAW). Nice to support people's work if you enjoy it as well.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #29022 on: Yesterday at 05:14:30 am »
Oobah Butler's What Football Means to Me was good.
:D