Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 869675 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Planning Permission Submitted
« Reply #760 on: December 7, 2020, 09:38:53 am »
I'm sure I read somewhere that they are altering the pitch dimensions during these works

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: December 7, 2020, 10:36:33 am »
If 1:1.25 safe standing was allowed and they added rail seats to accommodate this to the kop and lower ARE you could increase capacity by a further 4K taking the total to 65k.

I don't see how they can get 25% more in the Kop, even with safe standing. It pretty much is standing every game, Unsafe Standing if you like, and there is no room in there. I just can't see another 3-4k being allowed to stand within the current area.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #762 on: December 7, 2020, 01:06:47 pm »
I'm sure I read somewhere that they are altering the pitch dimensions during these works

Not too sure how given the lower tier remains.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: December 8, 2020, 07:05:46 am »
Not too sure how given the lower tier remains.

That and its been said previously on here that the roof on the kop would mean sight lines for those at the back would be none existent for the goal at the anny Road end

Offline Kop Kenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #764 on: December 22, 2020, 08:05:59 pm »
I pretty much agree with that.

I'm not bothered about the Kop being the biggest end in the country or stuff like that. The Holte End at Villa was always bigger than the Spion Kop, yet it never had anything like the same reputation. Most people wouldn't even know what Villa's 'end' was called, yet virtually everyone knows the Anfield Spion Kop.

To be honest, I always felt that the Spion Kop was sort of like a theatre. The other three sides of the ground look towards the Kop all the time. I've been in all sections of our ground, and I'd spend half my time watching the Kop. As I said, it was like a theatre, and theatres tend to have a small stage but towering balconies looking over them. With a standing Kop and an expanded Anny and Kenny, the Kop would almost feel like a theatre to perform from as fans once more.

I'm no civil engineer or architect but would it not be possible to raise the Kop's roof to the same level as the new Main and ARE stand and cantilever the single tier out over the back so it overhangs the road if necessary?
Trained killer and Black Pudding 3rd Dan in the ancient Lancashire martial art of Ecky Thump. Cyber Nerd by day as a convincing cover.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #765 on: December 23, 2020, 01:33:48 am »
I'm no civil engineer or architect but would it not be possible to raise the Kop's roof to the same level as the new Main and ARE stand and cantilever the single tier out over the back so it overhangs the road if necessary?

Far more qualified people than I would need to answer that question.

I'm sure it's possible. I mean most things are given the money and the will, but whether it's worth it, cost-wise, to gain relatively few new seats, I'm really not sure.

I don't suppose it helps matters that there are, I think, plans for new buildings on the other side of Walton Breck Road, opposite the Kop. So a Kop that is higher and that goes further back would surely impact on those and the light they get. Re-routing WBR was maybe the best way to go there, but I imagine that ship has already sailed now. It's a shame in so many ways that now we have owners who know what they are doing, they are sort of hamstrung by shortsighted decisions made by their predecessors. Selling the houses on Skerries Road may have seemed like a good idea years ago, but now it would be a major problem for any potential Sir Kenny Stand expansion to match the Main Stand.

To me, the time to think about securing land behind the Kop is now, before new builds go up there but, as I say, that ship has probably already sailed now and the road won't get re-routed, even if only slightly. I could well be talking garbage of course, as I don't really know enough about it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #766 on: December 23, 2020, 02:00:51 pm »
It may be possible to raise the Kop roof but the low level roof contributes to the atmosphere and the soul of the place. Looking at the Kop from a players perspective on the pitch, it seems to go back and back until it disappears from view, due to the roof design. A higher roof would allow more light, reflect less noise from the crowd and be less intimidating for the opposition.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #767 on: December 25, 2020, 01:05:25 am »
It may be possible to raise the Kop roof but the low level roof contributes to the atmosphere and the soul of the place. Looking at the Kop from a players perspective on the pitch, it seems to go back and back until it disappears from view, due to the roof design. A higher roof would allow more light, reflect less noise from the crowd and be less intimidating for the opposition.

Good point.  I think the only way to extend the capacity of the kop would be some version of safe standing at some point in the future.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: January 4, 2021, 10:39:55 am »
Good point.  I think the only way to extend the capacity of the kop would be some version of safe standing at some point in the future.

I don't see the room in the current Kop footprint to safely allow more people to stand. It's already tight in there as it is. Then you have to consider access/exit points and the size of the concourses for safety.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
« Reply #769 on: January 12, 2021, 07:17:49 pm »

its got to be this one day
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #770 on: February 1, 2021, 11:14:25 pm »
does this start again?
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #771 on: February 2, 2021, 03:31:03 am »
Yeah I'm hoping our current financial stinginess is down to the fact that we're pressing ahead with this... (obviously Covid has taken it's toll, but surely in a pre-Covid world, we had budgeted for the new Anny Road AND bring able to spend money on signings... now it seems we habve fuck all to spend on signings, I'm hoping its coz we are still intending to press ahead with building this mother ASAP).
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #772 on: February 2, 2021, 04:10:04 am »
Yeah I'm hoping our current financial stinginess is down to the fact that we're pressing ahead with this... (obviously Covid has taken it's toll, but surely in a pre-Covid world, we had budgeted for the new Anny Road AND bring able to spend money on signings... now it seems we habve fuck all to spend on signings, I'm hoping its coz we are still intending to press ahead with building this mother ASAP).

It’s more likely because we’ve had to cover the fact Anfield has been closed for approaching the best part of a whole season. 

Doesn’t mean we won’t press ahead with this, but doubt it will happen without some input, prob in a similar way to the Main, from the owners. Unless they covered the losses and we’ve still got the bulk of the financial facilities available to us.

Next accounts should throw some light on the matter.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #773 on: February 24, 2021, 02:36:27 pm »
Liverpool FC revised plans for Anfield Road under way after club changed 'early ideas'
Club revised plans to permanently close part of Anfield Road after local concerns

Liverpool FC's revised its plans for how roads and footpaths around its expanded Anfield Road stand will work are being put into practice.

The club is planning to expand its stadium's capacity by a further 7,000 seats in the Anfield Road end in a move that would take the total capacity to 61,000.

The plans will involve some major changes around Anfield Road in terms of roads and the public realm in the area - and work is getting under way on implementing them.

Liverpool had initially planned to permanently close a section of Anfield Road, but have now revised this following concerns raised by local residents.

Signs have now gone up to let people know about the work being carried out............. cont.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-revise-plans-anfield-19903608

Further plans, including those for the stand itself are available on the City Council planning portal:

http://northgate.liverpool.gov.uk/DocumentExplorer/Application/folderview.aspx?type=MVMPRD_DC_PLANAPP&key=1200084

The outside areas are looking good, and a big improvement on the current offering.

The interior of the stand looks good but I understand there may be concern regarding wheelchair spaces in the corner of level 01.

Any thoughts?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #774 on: February 25, 2021, 06:54:33 am »
from the first image on the links above (thanks for posting)

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #775 on: February 27, 2021, 02:58:09 pm »
The costs of this thing have gone through the roof. 

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #776 on: February 27, 2021, 03:01:28 pm »
The costs of this thing have gone through the roof. 
How much over?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: February 28, 2021, 05:35:22 pm »
How much over?

The price of steel has jumped in 6 months, there was a rise of £50 per tonne in January, its gone from £500 to £700 per tonne since last summer.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #778 on: March 5, 2021, 10:18:39 am »
Looks like something is happening in relation to the new stand,

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1367236112838782979

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #779 on: March 5, 2021, 10:28:20 am »
Checking if we actually built Anfield on top of an Indian burial ground I think - given the run of bad luck we’ve had.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: March 5, 2021, 10:33:38 am »
Checking if we actually built Anfield on top of an Indian burial ground I think - given the run of bad luck we’ve had.

When I lived in Kirkby there was a tale that Tower Hill had been cursed by Gypsies, I wonder if they cursed Northwood and Southdene too? Its all gone to shit since we moved out of Melwood.  :-\
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #781 on: March 5, 2021, 10:55:37 am »
19 league titles and 6 European cups suggests not ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #782 on: March 5, 2021, 11:44:24 am »
When I lived in Kirkby there was a tale that Tower Hill had been cursed by Gypsies, I wonder if they cursed Northwood and Southdene too? Its all gone to shit since we moved out of Melwood.  :-\
brucie needs to get down there
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #783 on: March 5, 2021, 09:02:43 pm »
19 league titles and 6 European cups suggests not ;)

Did someone plant some remains under the Main Stand? Did Crazy Horse ever meet Crazy Horse?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: March 7, 2021, 04:25:56 am »

Fucking right - take a piss all over the new steel work  ;D

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: March 9, 2021, 04:35:54 pm »
from the first image on the links above (thanks for posting)

So an extra 6,895 seats taking us to a total capacity of 60,969. We currently have 9,074 in the Anny Rd End and 54,074 in total if my googling is correct. Numbers shouldn’t be too far out anyway even if they aren’t quite exact.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #786 on: March 11, 2021, 08:18:03 am »
So an extra 6,895 seats taking us to a total capacity of 60,969.

When did we re-hire Ian Ayre?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: March 15, 2021, 04:25:18 pm »

It would certainly be a bonus.
It would be nice to see him, to see him......
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 04:37:01 pm by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #788 on: March 16, 2021, 12:58:40 am »
Such a pity this didn't commence last year as originally planned, work would have been done faster with no fans at the games and it would be ready for the return of supporters next season hopefully,
Still it looks like a fantastic structure.

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
« Reply #789 on: March 23, 2021, 08:54:29 pm »
Does anyone have any news on the planning application? I remember reading that a decision would be made by March.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #790 on: March 28, 2021, 04:21:30 pm »
Does anyone have any news on the planning application? I remember reading that a decision would be made by March.
Don't know about a decision date, but I think the expiry of the consultation was 1 March.....so, you may be right, it could be imminent. Just hope all the shenanigans at the council don't scupper or delay this.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #791 on: April 11, 2021, 01:00:51 pm »
Don't know about a decision date, but I think the expiry of the consultation was 1 March.....so, you may be right, it could be imminent. Just hope all the shenanigans at the council don't scupper or delay this.

I believe genuine issues were raised in relation to the accessible areas, especially with regards to inclusive design. Unless mistaken, there is an area of the stand that seems to effectively segregate and isolate wheelchair users from the rest of the supporters in that stand. That is not acceptable in this day and age, but whether it gets through planning is another matter entirely.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #792 on: April 11, 2021, 01:13:42 pm »
I believe genuine issues were raised in relation to the accessible areas, especially with regards to inclusive design. Unless mistaken, there is an area of the stand that seems to effectively segregate and isolate wheelchair users from the rest of the supporters in that stand. That is not acceptable in this day and age, but whether it gets through planning is another matter entirely.

Think a massive issue is they are (rightly) keeping the existing lower tier. So any additional spaces need to work within that. It’s not a complete new build stand where you can design anything from scratch to be perfect.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #793 on: April 11, 2021, 03:57:06 pm »
Think a massive issue is they are (rightly) keeping the existing lower tier. So any additional spaces need to work within that. It’s not a complete new build stand where you can design anything from scratch to be perfect.

The contentious bit is in the new part though. That should not be acceptable in 2021. No excuses.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #794 on: April 11, 2021, 04:07:32 pm »
The contentious bit is in the new part though. That should not be acceptable in 2021. No excuses.

The new part is sort of hampered by the old part though in that it's likely not as "ideal" as it would be if it was new from the ground up. Kind of like the door into your new bedroom in a new extension not be in an idea place but that's the only place it could go give the layout of the existing house.

I haven't looked at the plans in a while though, so may be thinking of the wrong bit.

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #795 on: April 11, 2021, 08:17:06 pm »
The new part is sort of hampered by the old part though in that it's likely not as "ideal" as it would be if it was new from the ground up. Kind of like the door into your new bedroom in a new extension not be in an idea place but that's the only place it could go give the layout of the existing house.

I haven't looked at the plans in a while though, so may be thinking of the wrong bit.

The area for wheelchair users on the new first floor with its own, separate entrance and separate facilities. It segregates wheelchair users artificially fro m other supporters and into the corner. It's a very poor stab at inclusive design. There are wheelchair users all over the ground isolated from other supporters and facilities.

There is no excuse. Sad to say, Everton's proposed  :lmao stadium design is light years ahead in terms of accessibility and inclusion.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #796 on: April 11, 2021, 08:20:24 pm »
The area for wheelchair users on the new first floor with its own, separate entrance and separate facilities. It segregates wheelchair users artificially fro m other supporters and into the corner. It's a very poor stab at inclusive design. There are wheelchair users all over the ground isolated from other supporters and facilities.

Again, it's a new part being added onto an old part. This isn't one large new stand, there will be compromises.

Sad to say, Everton's proposed  :lmao stadium design is light years ahead in terms of accessibility and inclusion.

Hardly a shocker when it's brand new from the ground up, is it?

Offline HomesickRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #797 on: April 11, 2021, 11:55:14 pm »
Again, it's a new part being added onto an old part. This isn't one large new stand, there will be compromises.

Hardly a shocker when it's brand new from the ground up, is it?

Why do you say there WILL be compromises?
It's a new area of the stand, designed from scratch. Is it pure science fiction  to demand an architect can design an area that includes people who use wheelchairs? It is 2021.
It is a question of philosophy, not bricks and mortar.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #798 on: April 12, 2021, 12:00:22 am »
From what I can see there are two areas. The existing at the front of what is the lower tier now, and a new section which is at the rear of the lower tier now, so what will effectively be in the middle of the stand.

What is it exactly that’s wrong with that?

And compromises will happen because we’re keeping the existing lower tier. This is so it can stay closer to the pitch, as well as a number of other (financial and design) reasons. It’s not a demolish and build as we want, it’s a keep and add on.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #799 on: April 14, 2021, 07:59:28 am »
Why do you say there WILL be compromises?
It's a new area of the stand, designed from scratch. Is it pure science fiction  to demand an architect can design an area that includes people who use wheelchairs? It is 2021.
It is a question of philosophy, not bricks and mortar.

I am saying this from a position of ignorance and a genuine desire to be educated.

But what is the correct philosophy in this circumstance and how do you apply it architectually? Is the issue that there should not be a seperate wheelchair area, but that they should be able to use the whole front row in an unsegregated fashion?