Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1366511 times)

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #160 on: January 15, 2017, 06:51:13 pm »
Can't even imagine the pressure he was under! Great performance under the circumstances, and a good showing regardless. He was clearly a bit nervy, especially in the beginning, but didn't seem to put a foot wrong towards the end when we needed it most. United were getting little joy from playing down his side.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 15, 2017, 06:51:13 pm »
Played well considering the circumstances tap your back son.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 15, 2017, 06:51:24 pm »
Absolutely the worst fixture to get your league debut. He was very good, considering the circumstances. Our investment in the youth setup is starting to pay off big time.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #163 on: January 15, 2017, 06:52:43 pm »
Strolling it by the end. Such a great prospect. Master and apprentice at right back, perfect.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #164 on: January 15, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
He played a fantastic first time 50 yard cross field pass late on.

I can't be arsed to change my Tapatalk settings because my time is more important than yours

He makes some really sweet passes and has a very sophisticated touch. Really exciting future.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 15, 2017, 06:55:55 pm »
Doubt he will have harder games than that made a couple of mistakes recovered well from it. Up and down all day and good vision. Would have benefited from a bit more protection from the midfield.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #166 on: January 15, 2017, 06:56:09 pm »
Great game. Very tough ask for him and thought he acquitted himself really well. The odd awkward moment but that's to be expected.  Kept his head well and showed he's more than capable of playing when needed.

Offline red vinyl

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: January 15, 2017, 06:56:49 pm »
He was solid today and stepped up,the lad is a good player. He is quicker than i thought he was on the recovery,passed a big test today.

Offline U13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 15, 2017, 06:59:01 pm »
Thought he struggled throughout but there were moments where you could see his obvious quality.

That was an incredibly difficult game to make your debut in so fair play to him.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #169 on: January 15, 2017, 07:00:19 pm »
He rocked a bit at first, I was surprised they didn't get the ball to martial more... mistake on their part I thought.

Still, he grew into the game well, and it was great to see his team mates really go out of their way to protect him.

I can't imagine playing my first league start in that situation.. really quite incredible..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 15, 2017, 07:02:17 pm »
He didn't and he wasn't.

He had a tough opening 15, was good after that apart from one error, if you're effing and blinding at a kid it's you who's the problem.

We'll agree to disagree. 

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 15, 2017, 07:03:44 pm »
Fantastic game by him,few nervy moments but overall he had Martial in check.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 15, 2017, 07:03:53 pm »
The kid's got a football brain and balls of steel. The odd moment where lack of experience showed, but fucking hell what a performance by the lad.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2017, 07:07:18 pm »
Having seen Martial rip Clyne to shreds last season that was a good performance by TAA in by far the worst circumstances in which to make a debut.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2017, 07:07:31 pm »
Couple of wobbles but you could see he got help from Henderson and Lallana throughout and had no more trouble than Milner got across the match.

Couldn't really bomb forward like Clyne does but whipped in a couple of crosses in the 2nd half

Biggest complement to him is that he belonged out on the field and whilst Clyne is most obviously 1st choice, I think Flanagan is going to have even more of a hard time forcing himself back into the fold

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 15, 2017, 07:13:29 pm »
He didn't really stand out from the the rest to me apart from the first few minutes,which considering TAA is only 18 playing his debut away against United is a good sign.
Once young Trent gets his physicality up to par with the rest,he has the other tools to make a very good fb,excited for him!

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 15, 2017, 07:18:16 pm »
I reckon the nerves made him really heavy legged as Martial had him on toast and he was played around way too easily I thought. Had me effin and blindin at my screen for the whole 90. No tougher test than Utd away though.

Dear god that's a shocking post, I don't even know where to begin
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 15, 2017, 07:26:48 pm »
Well played at Old Trafford!

Once again we've seen a young player play well when given the chance. I think there's good reason for us to keep using the Academy players.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #178 on: January 15, 2017, 07:28:00 pm »

Totally agree with you, I was going to say the same thing. The lad grew as the game went on and seems to be pretty cool under pressure.

As has been implied, I believe Rob Jones made his debut at OT....good omen? Whilst Clyne is clearly first choice, I have every confidence in Trent after that display.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 15, 2017, 07:36:20 pm »
He didn't really stand out from the the rest to me apart from the first few minutes,which considering TAA is only 18 playing his debut away against United is a good sign.
Once young Trent gets his physicality up to par with the rest,he has the other tools to make a very good fb,excited for him!

It's a really good sign. It's of course just one game, but he couldn't have had a more difficult game and he did well. He should be proud of it and I think it's a good message to a lot of players.

Also, there are lots of people saying we need to sign more players to keep a bigger squad. TAA showed that is not necessarily the case. I'm not saying we don't need better players. What I'm saying is we don't necessarily need more players. Klopp's squad management has given TAA a chance to be involved. He performed. Klopp has taken a chance here. It would have been so much easier to just sign more players, but he hasn't done that. TAA showed today that it was a good idea.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #180 on: January 15, 2017, 07:37:38 pm »
Good player.

It shows what these guys can do when playing with the senior sides.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #181 on: January 15, 2017, 07:39:03 pm »
I thought Trent did well today, no complaints from me.

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: January 15, 2017, 07:42:29 pm »

Lol huh? Truth be told he struggled defensively first 60. That's how I saw it. Not a bad thing but in the heat of the match I was screaming at him to stay focused as Martial had the beating of him and he lacked awareness (anticipation) of where to be at times. Nerves? Fair enough not expecting perfection and he was thrown in. He grew into the game after Martial went off.

Just my observation.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 07:47:35 pm by Studgotelli »

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: January 15, 2017, 07:46:21 pm »
Martial had him at first, can't believe they gave up trying down that side..

It was much easier for him when Rooney went to that side. 

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: January 15, 2017, 07:47:12 pm »
Lol huh? Truth be told he struggled defensively first 60. That's how I saw it. Not a bad thing but in the heat of the match I was screaming at him to stay focused as Martial had the beating of him and he lacked awareness of where to be at times. Nerves? Fair enough not expecting perfection and he was thrown in. He grew into the game after Martial went off.

Just my observation.

How many chances did they create from down our right? All their crosses came from Valencia down their right. How many freekicks did we concede in dangerous positions because of TAA? Yes, TAA got help, but the only times I worried was the first few minutes and when he mis-placed that pass for Henderson that gave them a counter-attack.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 15, 2017, 07:48:16 pm »
He's one for the future. Ideally his next few games are home games that we dominate.  Truth be told he got roasted a few times, gave the ball away and lost a few challenge's. If Clyne had that game if would be viewed as disappointing.  However hes 18 and he'll  get better.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 15, 2017, 07:53:44 pm »
Some very harsh comments, he's 18, making his full debut at OT and made no major errors.

He done well, and will improve.
YNWA

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: January 15, 2017, 07:54:49 pm »
How many chances did they create from down our right? All their crosses came from Valencia down their right. How many freekicks did we concede in dangerous positions because of TAA? Yes, TAA got help, but the only times I worried was the first few minutes and when he mis-placed that pass for Henderson that gave them a counter-attack.

Just as an example Pogba chance when he was clean through. Mkhitarian has the ball, TAA over covers on Martial to the left allowing Pogba the space to run through clean on goal. He's put in a difficult situation of course but just things like that are areas to improve in that he doesn't need to cover the man but the space (which will come). On another day it costs us the game. Not trying to have a go lol

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: January 15, 2017, 07:56:25 pm »
It's a really good sign. It's of course just one game, but he couldn't have had a more difficult game and he did well. He should be proud of it and I think it's a good message to a lot of players.

Also, there are lots of people saying we need to sign more players to keep a bigger squad. TAA showed that is not necessarily the case. I'm not saying we don't need better players. What I'm saying is we don't necessarily need more players. Klopp's squad management has given TAA a chance to be involved. He performed. Klopp has taken a chance here. It would have been so much easier to just sign more players, but he hasn't done that. TAA showed today that it was a good idea.

Agreed. I'm just guessing here but we'll maybe see fewer youngsters coming through meeting his very high standards and maybe even not the ones we expect,but those who make it through the system Klopp will use heavily as he trusts them to do what is required,same as someone we brought in for a big fee.
I think TAA certainly looks to be one of those who will make it.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: January 15, 2017, 08:15:43 pm »
He didn't and he wasn't.

He had a tough opening 15, was good after that apart from one error, if you're effing and blinding at a kid it's you who's the problem.

Well put, what an embarrassing thing to own up to. He got caught dallying on the ball once or twice, and maybe paid a little too much respect to martial very early on, to no cost, but everyone else was also feeling their way into an intense game at that point. he had an excellent second half i thought, with some good covering positions being taken to help out lovren too

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 15, 2017, 08:19:22 pm »
Just as an example Pogba chance when he was clean through. Mkhitarian has the ball, TAA over covers on Martial to the left allowing Pogba the space to run through clean on goal. He's put in a difficult situation of course but just things like that are areas to improve in that he doesn't need to cover the man but the space (which will come). On another day it costs us the game. Not trying to have a go lol

If he comes narrower and Mkhitarian lays in martial for a one on one, it would have been worse. if you want to have a go at someone for that, you can blame the three midfielders who suddenly vacated their position during a transition allowing them a free run. the right back had to try to cover both centrally and wide, and positioned himself as well as he could

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #191 on: January 15, 2017, 08:20:36 pm »
What a PL debut. no tough place to do it.     Didnt get down after the off mistake, serious player on our hands here. 
You did yourself and family proud today.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #192 on: January 15, 2017, 08:23:00 pm »
The kid did well given the circumstances, Is RB his natural position as I think he'd make a very good midfielder.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:19 pm »
I can only recall 3 times where he got caught. In the first half, where Martial nutmegged him and sprinted past him afterwards, when he lunged in at Martial to try and win the ball, and when he got caught for possession in the 2nd half which almost led to a goal. He recovered well, and held his own. Didn't panic. Think he could go on to be a great player in the future
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 15, 2017, 08:24:41 pm »
Good performance nkt quite as good as rob Jones performance on old Trafford debut

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:45 pm »
As a club we really should be able to produce fullbacks at least. Trent will develop even further till the start of next season and with him and Gomez in mind it'd be unnecessary to look into the market for right backs and focus on other positions especially when you consider Clyne's durability.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 15, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »
If he comes narrower and Mkhitarian lays in martial for a one on one, it would have been worse. if you want to have a go at someone for that, you can blame the three midfielders who suddenly vacated their position during a transition allowing them a free run. the right back had to try to cover both centrally and wide, and positioned himself as well as he could

If he comes slightly narrower Pogba has no space to suddenly run into and he can still cover Martial from being one on one. What's he did is covered the wide option but he's allowing a free run through the middle. Clyne in that situation isn't running to cover Martial but would position himself in a space to cover central and wide.

On another day that's a goal.

Offline Studgotelli

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 15, 2017, 08:31:14 pm »
Well put, what an embarrassing thing to own up to. He got caught dallying on the ball once or twice, and maybe paid a little too much respect to martial very early on, to no cost, but everyone else was also feeling their way into an intense game at that point. he had an excellent second half i thought, with some good covering positions being taken to help out lovren too

Why is it embarrassing? Have you been to a game before and been in the heat of the moment? I was screaming at everyone at some point today just like any other invested fan.  ;)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 15, 2017, 08:34:12 pm »
Good performance nkt quite as good as rob Jones performance on old Trafford debut

Not many will have a debut that good  ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #199 on: January 15, 2017, 08:42:23 pm »
Any all-touches videos floating about (was working so missed the match)?
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."