Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 823431 times)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #6680 on: January 17, 2021, 07:25:26 pm »
Thursday Jan 21st.
Liverpool v Burnley
3:00 Pm Eastern
NBCSN
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6681 on: January 22, 2021, 12:58:25 am »
About time to get back to winning ways.

Sunday Jan. 24th
Manchester United v Liverpool
Noon Eastern
ESPN+

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6682 on: January 22, 2021, 07:47:19 pm »
John Ourand
@Ourand_SBJ

NBC has told distributors and some sports leagues that it plans to shut down its NBCSN sports channel by the end of the year. Story coming in SBD

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/1352700248800579588?s=21

You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6683 on: January 22, 2021, 08:13:56 pm »
John Ourand
@Ourand_SBJ

NBC has told distributors and some sports leagues that it plans to shut down its NBCSN sports channel by the end of the year. Story coming in SBD

Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Jesus titty fucking christ, stick to one thing please.

So tired of chopping and changing my subscriptions.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6684 on: January 22, 2021, 08:18:47 pm »
Ah FFS!!!!!!!!

Jesus titty fucking christ, stick to one thing please.

So tired of chopping and changing my subscriptions.

just a guess - but it may mean in future, all PL games will be streamed on Peacock.

NHL games are moving to USA Network apparently (also owned by NBC).

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6685 on: January 22, 2021, 08:58:29 pm »
Already been posted:

The well-informed rumors going around are that NBCSN's days are numbered. Within the next 12 months, it will be gone, and PL matches will then be divided between Peacock (primarily), USA, and NBC network.

John Ourand, whose beat is sports media, also predicts in this article that a new 6 year deal will be struck between the PL and NBC Universal, with most games on Peacock. He explains why streaming is attractive to the PL, even if it isn't to us.

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2020/12/23/nbcsns-days-are-numbered-as-a-channel-predicts-tv-industry-reporter/

Basically, NBCSN is going to be discontinued because it is put on other package deals which require more money. NBC will go to Peacock, NBC, and USA network. USA network is on more basic plans, so more affordable. Especially if you drop some of the extra package if your focus was NBCSN.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6686 on: January 22, 2021, 09:25:26 pm »
Also, for those that subscribe to CBS All Access...it too is changing:

It's time for yet another streaming service—sort of. ViacomCBS has announced that Paramount+ will launch on March 4, but it's more of an evolution than a wholly new service, as it replaces and expands upon the company's previous service, CBS All Access.

The move to replace CBS All Access was announced several months ago. It's in large part a result of the completion of the merger between CBS and Viacom, as CBS All Access launched before that merger, but the merger greatly increased the content library that could be put on a streaming service run by the company.

In addition to shows associated with the CBS TV network, Paramount+ will include content from properties Viacom brought to the mix, including MTV, BET, Comedy Central, VH1, and Nickelodeon, as well as theatrically released films from Paramount Pictures.

Beyond the myriad Star Trek shows that CBS All Access has already offered, planned original series for Paramount+ include a series based on The Godfather as well as a revival of VH1's Behind the Music.

March 4 is the planned launch day in the US and Latin America, and a launch is planned in Nordic countries on March 25, as well as Australia around the middle of the year. Canada will also receive the service sometime this year, but a date has not been named—however, CBS All Access will be rebranded to Paramount+ right away in that country even before new content is introduced.

Before this point, CBS All Access was arguably best known for its various Star Trek programs; it included all the Star Trek TV series that aired on broadcast TV in the past, plus new Trek series like Discovery, Picard, and Lower Decks. It did not, however, have the Star Trek movies at first, as those were owned by Paramount. The merger brought all Star Trek TV and movie content under one corporate roof.

CBS All Access also aired live TV, sports programming, and some additional shows like the critically acclaimed The Good Fight. Those will continue under Paramount+.

The past year and a half has seen numerous new streaming networks launch, including Peacock (NBC Universal), Disney+, and HBO Max, among others.

The onslaught has disappointed those who expected a service like Netflix or Hulu to offer virtually all content for a flat $10-per-month fee, but that was never going to be economically viable, especially as production costs for TV series have risen in recent years as viewers have responded to more lavishly produced shows—something the industry refers to as "prestige TV."

The new normal for TV appears to be similar in some respects to cable, with each media company delivering a channel that primarily consists of the company's own content, plus small amounts of licensed content.

Still, there are some significant differences in the new normal as compared to how TV used to work, even beyond the fact that the content is now delivered over the Internet. For example, the services aren't bundled, so viewers can pick and choose which channels to pay for, and there are far fewer (and in some cases, no) commercials.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6687 on: January 23, 2021, 01:58:36 pm »
John Ourand
@Ourand_SBJ

They're trying to steer people to Peacock for sports I think.  I saw that NBCSN was the 2nd highest rated sports channel after ESPN and they brought in upwards of 400m last year so it's a pretty big gamble by the people making the decisions.   

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6688 on: January 23, 2021, 07:59:47 pm »
Already been posted:

Ah yeah, I can’t believe people missed the rumor posted on Christmas Day.  ::)
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6689 on: January 24, 2021, 04:22:00 am »
just a guess - but it may mean in future, all PL games will be streamed on Peacock.

NHL games are moving to USA Network apparently (also owned by NBC).

That’s my guess. Instead one match on NBC, lots on NBCSN and a couple on peacock.  The big matches may still be on NBC with the rest on Peacock.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6690 on: January 24, 2021, 04:33:58 am »
That’s my guess. Instead one match on NBC, lots on NBCSN and a couple on peacock.  The big matches may still be on NBC with the rest on Peacock.

And USA network

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6691 on: January 24, 2021, 10:46:35 pm »
Thursday Jan.28th
Tottenham v Liverpool
NBCSN

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6692 on: January 28, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »
Sunday Jan. 31st
West Ham v Liverpool
2:30 Pm Eastern
PeacockTv

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6693 on: January 29, 2021, 02:09:55 am »
Sunday Jan. 31st
West Ham v Liverpool
2:30 Pm Eastern
PeacockTv

check that - I have 11:30a E

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6694 on: January 29, 2021, 03:27:39 am »
Updated due to operator error... :P

Sunday Jan. 31st
West Ham v Liverpool
11:30 Am Eastern
PeacockTv

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6695 on: January 29, 2021, 01:51:37 pm »
Off topic, but in case anyone is interested, sounds like ESPN is trying to get the rights to La Liga

https://worldsoccertalk.com/2021/01/26/espn-trying-to-acquire-laliga-rights-for-u-s-market-sources-say/

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6696 on: January 31, 2021, 06:31:02 pm »
Wednesday Feb. 3rd
Liverpool v Brighton
3:15 Pm Eastern
NBCSN

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6697 on: February 3, 2021, 06:36:07 pm »
Bump. Thanks as always 4pool for this service
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6698 on: February 3, 2021, 10:18:45 pm »
Bump. Thanks as always 4pool for this service

No worries. Ta.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6699 on: February 3, 2021, 10:19:15 pm »
Sunday Feb 7th.
Liverpool v Man City
11:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6700 on: February 7, 2021, 06:52:57 pm »
Saturday Feb. 13th
Leicester City v Liverpool
7:30 Am Eastern
NBCSN

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6701 on: February 13, 2021, 08:55:16 pm »
The light at the end of the tunnel starts here.

Tuesday Feb. 16th
RB Leipzig v Liverpool
CBSTV All Access.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6702 on: February 13, 2021, 09:02:54 pm »
The main board is extremely busy, I don't think we need a TV prompt where we're discussing the team and players etc.

Hope you'll understand folks.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6703 on: February 16, 2021, 07:44:17 pm »
The light at the end of the tunnel starts here.

Tuesday Feb. 16th
RB Leipzig v Liverpool
CBSTV All Access.

It's on Galavision (Spanish) on my Comcast system

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6704 on: February 16, 2021, 10:11:06 pm »
This could be my last post in this thread.

I do not agree with the moving of a thread about Liverpool, albeit mainly tv information, into a General thread with threads about Mancs, Blues, Arsenal, Spurs, etc. And the likes of Rugby, Cricket, Darts, NBA, NFL, Baseball, and the rest. Those have nothing to do with Liverpool. This thread does.

For 15 years, actually longer as there was a previous thread, with no complaints of the US TV thread being in the Liverpool forum it seems someone has determined otherwise. Very random as far as i'm concerned.

The reasoning being it's about tv. ( Actually as we know it's been used for more). There is another thread about TV still in the Liverpool forum.

My suggestion is to PM John C if you also disagree. Maybe he might change his mind.

If not , this is my last update for tv listings after 20 or so years of doing this for the benefit of fellow Reds.

Saturday Feb. 20th
Liverpool v Everton
12:30 Pm Eastern
NBC

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6705 on: February 16, 2021, 11:37:50 pm »

Surprised to see this in the 'General Footy & Sport' section.

For many years it has been a helpful & informative thread not just for US-based LFC fans... but also for those of us who watch Liverpool by 'other means' - including many of us outside the US too.

I hope this thread gets moved back to the Liverpool section of RAWK.

4pool - I hope you reconsider, and will continue to post your updates for each Liverpool game.  If not, I understand why, and just want to say thanks for creating and maintaining this thread for as long as you have :thumbup :champ
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 10:45:19 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6706 on: February 17, 2021, 03:59:15 pm »
Can we get this moved back? It makes no sense here.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6707 on: February 18, 2021, 04:45:58 pm »
This could be my last post in this thread.

I do not agree with the moving of a thread about Liverpool, albeit mainly tv information, into a General thread with threads about Mancs, Blues, Arsenal, Spurs, etc. And the likes of Rugby, Cricket, Darts, NBA, NFL, Baseball, and the rest. Those have nothing to do with Liverpool. This thread does.

For 15 years, actually longer as there was a previous thread, with no complaints of the US TV thread being in the Liverpool forum it seems someone has determined otherwise. Very random as far as i'm concerned.

The reasoning being it's about tv. ( Actually as we know it's been used for more). There is another thread about TV still in the Liverpool forum.

My suggestion is to PM John C if you also disagree. Maybe he might change his mind.

If not , this is my last update for tv listings after 20 or so years of doing this for the benefit of fellow Reds.

Saturday Feb. 20th
Liverpool v Everton
12:30 Pm Eastern
NBC

Thanks for always posting in here 4pool. This has been my first place to look for match channels for a long time. Much appreciated for everything you have done.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6708 on: February 18, 2021, 04:49:56 pm »
The main board is extremely busy, I don't think we need a TV prompt where we're discussing the team and players etc.

Hey John. I always liked this thread in the main LFC section. It felt like the natural place for it as it is purely LFC and not in the mix of all the other random stuff in the General page. This page was also a highly used page when the US tours were being planned and under way.  Given that all you Mods are volunteers and the site is a better place for people like you, it is impossible to get too upset. But I would prefer it in the main LFC page.  Thanks. Andy

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6709 on: February 18, 2021, 05:18:38 pm »

Don't understand this at all, actually.

This thread is 15 years old, why is it just considered a "problem" now?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6710 on: February 19, 2021, 10:48:47 am »
UK viewers have never had their own thread on the main board, they'd use one in the ticket & travel board...
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343117.msg17245467#msg17245467

As a compromise, if its important for it to be on the main board and it aligns as a good resource, use this...
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323139.msg17627689#msg17627689
Why have two TV related threads one the main board? Is there a really good reason?

A rational response would have been a collective "OK that's sound, we know where it sits, it's not a big problem".
But threatening never to post again in your own thread comes across as a huge sense of entitlement. It's clear some folk don't mind what other posters need to do to find the Robertson thread or any other dedicated thread that is often demoted to the main board, as long some don't experience a minor inconvenience of two clicks on their mouse.

Hopefully that contextualise something which has surprisingly become a big issue :)

Offline Stout

• Main Stander
« Reply #6711 on: February 19, 2021, 03:24:42 pm »
I'd argue that the front page of the main board isn't extremely busy.  It contains a thread that hasn't had a new post since Tuesday.  Hoping there is a change of mind here.  Just doesn't make sense for a Liverpool related thread to live in between the Tennis and NFL threads...

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6712 on: February 19, 2021, 04:12:57 pm »
UK viewers have never had their own thread on the main board, they'd use one in the ticket & travel board...
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=343117.msg17245467#msg17245467

As a compromise, if its important for it to be on the main board and it aligns as a good resource, use this...
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=323139.msg17627689#msg17627689
Why have two TV related threads one the main board? Is there a really good reason?

A rational response would have been a collective "OK that's sound, we know where it sits, it's not a big problem".
But threatening never to post again in your own thread comes across as a huge sense of entitlement. It's clear some folk don't mind what other posters need to do to find the Robertson thread or any other dedicated thread that is often demoted to the main board, as long some don't experience a minor inconvenience of two clicks on their mouse.

Hopefully that contextualise something which has surprisingly become a big issue :)

And what if one doesn't think it's a sound decision? Which is clearly the case here. We're just supposed to say "ah sure, this makes complete and total sense for a Liverpool thread for American fans to be pushed to the subforum for non-Liverpool related sports?"

By the way, there's literally an entire thread on the main forum with 6,000+ posts dedicated to sharing info about where a match is on TV/radio/streaming.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 04:15:32 pm by Lone Star Red »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6713 on: February 19, 2021, 04:17:07 pm »

John, like most "debates" sides get entrenched. It seems like your trying to defend your position. Which I suppose is fair enough.

However, the simple question remains, why after 15 years did you determine that it has been wrong to have a thread that has survived so long in the Liverpool forum?

How many moderators/owners have come and gone in 15 years  and none of them felt to move a thread that is about Liverpool to a General forum?

The fact that it is about tv and other bits of news related to the USA may seem a bit of a niche thread and not worthy in your eyes, is just that. One moderator.

Over all these years, loads have come to the thread for information about the USA. Many wanting to know where to watch the match. So if you came to the USA on holiday with your family and were in say Charlotte North Carolina, we'd get asked what pub can I go watch or what channel do i need to find. And I'd let you know or someone else would if they saw the request first.

As for why not merge with the other thread about where to watch on tv, that is a simple answer. The other thread is more specific to those in the UK and Ireland. Putting information in there gets lost and diluted, which is why the thread was separated out to make it easy for those in and travelling to the USA to find or get information. And why for over 15 years those inside the USA and those coming to the USA know exactly where to find help.

So as to why so dramatic, well for over these 15 years i've been helping fellow Reds, and it seems like what i've, and others, have done over all these years has become irrelevant and shuffled off out of  the Liverpool main forum. Which made it feel like what this thread is really about is no longer Liverpool related. And that was damn wrong in my eyes.

This thread has always been about helping fellow Reds. That's what you need to understand.

Online Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6714 on: February 19, 2021, 04:22:07 pm »
And the reason of this forum being too busy seems an odd one since we can all go into the section of the site that shows high level stats and see the recent downward trend for a lot of key metrics...

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6715 on: February 19, 2021, 04:26:35 pm »
Think we might get a more sympathetic listen from John if we weren't so snide; he's already referenced coming across as entitled.

This thread has been a huge part of my RAWK "experience (to go all corporate-speak)" since the summer of 2006, plenty of happy memories and jabs at ourselves and our brethren across he pond dedicated to bunging useless 'u's into words and driving on the wrong side of the road.

And if sentiment needs to be set aside, which I hope it wouldn't/won't because Liverpool FC is nothing without its sense of the past and a website dedicated to supporting the club might fairly be expected to reflect that key cultural facet, the current US viewing matrix would totally confuse Keanu.

There is a real and tangible benefit from being able to find out quickly where or how one must act to see Liverpool matches stateside. We are going through a very cranky change in viewing availability, with matches being strung out across varying streaming platforms.

4Pool making a weekly effort to lay out how to watch was/is very appreciated by those of us attempting to watch stateside.

Lumping the US viewers into the other thread seems to portend that other thread becoming more of a chore through which to wade in quest of streaming info.

The US Reds----tv info thread has a sort of location-specific charm all its own.

Without sinking into jabs at the moderatorial staff, I'd just like to advance the request for the consideration of that in a reassessment of the decision to merge the thread into a larger, more general one.

Thanks, John... :wave 
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6716 on: February 19, 2021, 07:08:41 pm »
Thanks. :thumbup

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6717 on: February 19, 2021, 07:16:01 pm »
I appreciate having it in here. Thanks

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6718 on: February 19, 2021, 07:17:04 pm »
Wish this was back in the General sports thread.

Just kidding ;)

Thanks

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6719 on: February 19, 2021, 07:23:25 pm »
Was I the only one that messaged John? :D

(Thanks for moving it back - really appreciate it).