Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040665 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15560 on: October 21, 2020, 06:09:34 pm »
First 14 pints nearly ready.. 8)

Shame it's Heineken  ;D

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15561 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:23 pm »
Shame it's Heineken  ;D

:D

Birra Morretti too..

Anyways I don't mind draught Heineken!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15562 on: October 21, 2020, 06:15:05 pm »
:D

Birra Morretti too..

Anyways I don't mind draught Heineken!

My beer of choice in my local. Works out at about £2.10 a pint which is pretty good (I pay £4.65 at the pub).

Do you have to chill the kegs or does this chill them?

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15563 on: October 21, 2020, 06:20:30 pm »
My beer of choice in my local. Works out at about £2.10 a pint which is pretty good (I pay £4.65 at the pub).

Do you have to chill the kegs or does this chill them?

The unit chills them, think they are ready in about 2 hours from room temperature, it does have a temp gauge on it too.
You can pre chill kegs in the fridge too.

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15564 on: October 22, 2020, 02:22:14 pm »
A member of my household is self isolating, because they were in a room where there was positive case at work. They were in there for 45 minutes.

Do I need to self isolate and not go to my own workplace as well?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15565 on: October 22, 2020, 02:49:30 pm »
A member of my household is self isolating, because they were in a room where there was positive case at work. They were in there for 45 minutes.

Do I need to self isolate and not go to my own workplace as well?

No, you carry on as normal.

My 10yr old had to isolate for 2 weeks due to the T/A for his class getting covid, we could come and go as we pleased, we were supposed to minimise contact with him though. Really? At the same time my brother in law was isolating as the T&T App said he was within 2m in a bar of a confirmed positive case, his wife was allowed to come and go as she pleased.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #15566 on: October 22, 2020, 02:59:02 pm »
No, you carry on as normal.

My 10yr old had to isolate for 2 weeks due to the T/A for his class getting covid, we could come and go as we pleased, we were supposed to minimise contact with him though. Really? At the same time my brother in law was isolating as the T&T App said he was within 2m in a bar of a confirmed positive case, his wife was allowed to come and go as she pleased.

Thanks Rob, yeah I will minimise contact with them, but glad I can keep going to work. I can't afford to self isolate.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15567 on: October 22, 2020, 03:13:22 pm »
Thanks Rob, yeah I will minimise contact with them, but glad I can keep going to work. I can't afford to self isolate.

You're only worry is if they develop it, but unless they were really close to the person, you should be ok. Of the 75 kids who were sent home, not one kid had to go for a test, some were tested due to the parents jobs (lecturer, teaching assistant, NHS workers) but not one returned a positive test.

A kid in my eldests yr group, but in a different form, has been confirmed as having tested positive yesterday and only a few kids have had to be sent home.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15568 on: October 23, 2020, 08:50:58 pm »
Takes a little bit of practice pouring a pint but if it's something your budget can stretch to I'd defo recommend getting one of those Blade beer/keg machines. 🍻

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15569 on: October 30, 2020, 06:57:09 am »
Can anyone recommend a type or brand of CBD oil please?
Ive seen it mentioned in the anxiety and depression threads a few times but there seems to be a lot of brands. Was going to buy one, then one of the reviews said this is hemp oil not cannabis oil. Which threw me a bit.

I thought id give it a go, just to try to get a decent sleep for the first time in years.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15570 on: October 30, 2020, 09:26:11 am »
Can anyone recommend a type or brand of CBD oil please?
Ive seen it mentioned in the anxiety and depression threads a few times but there seems to be a lot of brands. Was going to buy one, then one of the reviews said this is hemp oil not cannabis oil. Which threw me a bit.

I thought id give it a go, just to try to get a decent sleep for the first time in years.

my cousin used to buy from Holland and Barrett's to help him with coping with pain and sleepless nights

I can't remember the exact one he bought but here's a link to their products and there's a little bit of info at the top of the page but I would pop in/phone the shop and talk to them about it

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/vitamins-supplements/cbd/

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15571 on: October 30, 2020, 09:58:02 am »
my cousin used to buy from Holland and Barrett's to help him with coping with pain and sleepless nights

I can't remember the exact one he bought but here's a link to their products and there's a little bit of info at the top of the page but I would pop in/phone the shop and talk to them about it

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/vitamins-supplements/cbd/

Thank you my friend, just that bit of info at the top of their page is a help. All the best.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15572 on: October 30, 2020, 11:21:37 am »
Thank you my friend, just that bit of info at the top of their page is a help. All the best.

Don't use it so can't offer a review but a mate of mine gets his from here..

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/

Online Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15573 on: October 30, 2020, 12:11:25 pm »
Don't use it so can't offer a review but a mate of mine gets his from here..

https://provacan.co.uk/cbd-oils/

Thanks mate, appreciate that.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15574 on: November 2, 2020, 08:41:58 am »
Anyone had a problem with their direct debit to the DVLA for road tax?

Mine comes out on the 1st of the month but they've not requested it this time yet on the gov.com site it's saying it's taxed till Nov 21?

I need to use the car today but will it be legal if I do?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15575 on: November 2, 2020, 11:17:41 am »
Anyone had a problem with their direct debit to the DVLA for road tax?

Mine comes out on the 1st of the month but they've not requested it this time yet on the gov.com site it's saying it's taxed till Nov 21?

I need to use the car today but will it be legal if I do?

You've got evidence that says your car is taxed until Nov 21 so I'd still drive it, but would try to get in touch with the DVLA to see if there's any issue with payments at the moment too.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #15576 on: November 2, 2020, 12:17:50 pm »
Husband's 40th birthday on November 21st - ordered him a cake and paid a deposit at a local cake 'shop'. I say shop, but it's more like a studio where she works. There is nothing to go in and purchase and take out, no drinks or cafe or anything.

I assume that will be dead in the water now, with the new regulations?

EDIT: I will reach out and ask her before Thursday if she doesn't contact me or announce on her website/Instagram, but would imagine she is having a busy day as it is!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15577 on: November 2, 2020, 12:30:03 pm »
I don’t see why she wouldn’t be able to sell still. You’re collecting which is still allowed.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15578 on: November 2, 2020, 01:36:26 pm »
You've got evidence that says your car is taxed until Nov 21 so I'd still drive it, but would try to get in touch with the DVLA to see if there's any issue with payments at the moment too.
Sorted now.  The dd was due to renew this month so it'll come out on 3td not 1st but I'd not had the notification of the changes from them.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15579 on: November 26, 2020, 04:06:35 pm »
Anyone any good with word?

I am trying to print off a mail merge onto labels (its a sheet of 64 with an address on each label). However the text is always too skewed to the left. Tried so much now, changing margins etc.

Is it just my printer?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #15580 on: November 26, 2020, 05:46:58 pm »
Anyone any good with word?

I am trying to print off a mail merge onto labels (its a sheet of 64 with an address on each label). However the text is always too skewed to the left. Tried so much now, changing margins etc.

Is it just my printer?

Have you tried aligning your text to the desired position?
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15581 on: November 27, 2020, 12:38:27 pm »
Have you tried aligning your text to the desired position?

I can't get it to adjust for all sections though, as the word doc has 300+ "secions" rather than pages. It only changes each section individually.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #15582 on: November 27, 2020, 12:44:46 pm »
I can't get it to adjust for all sections though, as the word doc has 300+ "secions" rather than pages. It only changes each section individually.

select the whole document and then drag the sections and they should be linked and therefore move together

if this doesn't work then upload a screenshot of your plight
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #15583 on: November 27, 2020, 12:51:22 pm »

Have a look at this tutorial. It might help in terms of resolving the issues you're facing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWQYby4mfXE&feature=emb_logo
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15584 on: November 27, 2020, 01:01:10 pm »
select the whole document and then drag the sections and they should be linked and therefore move together

if this doesn't work then upload a screenshot of your plight

Actually think that solved it, I selected it all and changed the margins and it seems to have shifted. No idea why I hadn't tried that before.

Nice one!

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15585 on: November 27, 2020, 09:16:11 pm »
U.K.based.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a small flathead screwdriver for tightening up my glasses.

I've got a 1.0mm flathead already, but it's too big. So I'm after 0.9 or 0.8 flathead. Or something in that neck of the woods.

I don't necessarily want a 32 piece kit, either. Just a one off screwee if possible, or small 6 piece kit if I must.

Been looking for one for ages.  Not even sure they make them.

That said. The screw heads are that small, so someone must make one.

Ta laa's

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15586 on: November 27, 2020, 09:19:49 pm »
U.K.based.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a small flathead screwdriver for tightening up my glasses.

I've got a 1.0mm flathead already, but it's too big. So I'm after 0.9 or 0.8 flathead. Or something in that neck of the woods.

I don't necessarily want a 32 piece kit, either. Just a one off screwee if possible, or small 6 piece kit if I must.

Ta laa's

Almost all DIY stores will sell sets of tiny screw drivers.

Online... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiiduo-Precision-Screwdriver-Professional-Screwdrivers/dp/B088MJPCXX/

Offline slipslidin82

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Who ever said that one was born just once?
« Reply #15587 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:30 pm »
U.K.based.

Ta laa's

Have you tried one of the ones you get with an eyeglasses repair kit?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Screwdriver-Sunglasses-Spectacles-Eyeglasses-Opticians/dp/B01IUPVXPM/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=Eyeglasses+Repair+Kit&qid=1606512198&sr=8-10
Absolutely crucial, if we blow this one we're done as a top team, this is an unbelievable chance to return to our perch, we must be patient. 

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15588 on: November 27, 2020, 09:25:57 pm »
No luck, mate. They all seem to do 1.0mm as the smallest.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15589 on: November 27, 2020, 09:32:04 pm »
U.K.based.

Ta laa's
Can't you just take them to the opticians to tighten?  They do it free of charge at mine.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15590 on: November 27, 2020, 09:32:15 pm »
£3.45 with free delivery

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TOOGOO-quality-screwdriver-0-8-1-6mm-repair/dp/B01IVCOUVI

Those tacky discount shops in town usually sell all sorts, maybe try there if you need one asap.

Offline slipslidin82

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Who ever said that one was born just once?
Absolutely crucial, if we blow this one we're done as a top team, this is an unbelievable chance to return to our perch, we must be patient. 

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15592 on: November 27, 2020, 09:46:50 pm »
Bingo!

Thanks lads.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15593 on: December 1, 2020, 04:16:25 am »
I had purchased some items for which due to supply issues the company cannot fulfill now due to covid. They told me two weeks they would refund me and last week I was told to wait five working days for the refund. I'm still waiting & they won't answer my calls. What's my options now?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15594 on: December 1, 2020, 04:26:24 am »
I had purchased some items for which due to supply issues the company cannot fulfill now due to covid. They told me two weeks they would refund me and last week I was told to wait five working days for the refund. I'm still waiting & they won't answer my calls. What's my options now?

How did you pay? Do you have another form of contact other than phone, ie email?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15595 on: December 1, 2020, 04:55:05 am »
How did you pay? Do you have another form of contact other than phone, ie email?
Bank transfer with reference for quote used.
No response to emails. The owner text me yesterday evening to say they would look into it.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15596 on: December 1, 2020, 07:03:16 am »
Bank transfer with reference for quote used.
No response to emails. The owner text me yesterday evening to say they would look into it.

Ah, you may be fucked if bank transfer as will be a pain in the arse to chase them down for it.

Keep on at them, threaten trading standards, threaten a call to the police even (they likely wouldn’t do anything but may scare the company enough).

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15597 on: December 1, 2020, 09:27:33 am »
Ah, you may be fucked if bank transfer as will be a pain in the arse to chase them down for it.

Keep on at them, threaten trading standards, threaten a call to the police even (they likely wouldn’t do anything but may scare the company enough).
I have a copy of the date from my end when transfer was done & notification via email when they had received payment if that helps as well as the invoice.

I'll look into trading standards. Difficult to say anything to them directly as they won't answer my calls.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15598 on: December 1, 2020, 09:36:07 am »
I have a copy of the date from my end when transfer was done & notification via email when they had received payment if that helps as well as the invoice.

I'll look into trading standards. Difficult to say anything to them directly as they won't answer my calls.
Trading Standards won't get you a refund, or tackle your specific case for you. But by letting them know, and if other people complain about this seller as well, then they can choose to take action against them.

It's tricky to get a refund where there's no specific mechanism in place (such as ebay's guarantee) and the seller refuses to answer. Try Citizens Advice if you have no reply from them at all. But covid has made all this much more difficult.

I don't know how much your item cost, and I know this doesn't help you in this instance, but if you are buying anything that costs more than £100 (i.e £100.01p or more) then always pay by credit card, as under Section 75 of the CCA the credit card company becomes jointly liable to you for the correct fulfilmnt of the transaction, and will refund you if the original seller is mucking you about. Even if you pay just the deposit or even just 1p of the total cost on credit card they are liable for the full amount.

Good luck
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15599 on: December 1, 2020, 09:48:38 am »
Trading Standards won't get you a refund, or tackle your specific case for you. But by letting them know, and if other people complain about this seller as well, then they can choose to take action against them.

It's tricky to get a refund where there's no specific mechanism in place (such as ebay's guarantee) and the seller refuses to answer. Try Citizens Advice if you have no reply from them at all. But covid has made all this much more difficult.

I don't know how much your item cost, and I know this doesn't help you in this instance, but if you are buying anything that costs more than £100 (i.e £100.01p or more) then always pay by credit card, as under Section 75 of the CCA the credit card company becomes jointly liable to you for the correct fulfilmnt of the transaction, and will refund you if the original seller is mucking you about. Even if you pay just the deposit or even just 1p of the total cost on credit card they are liable for the full amount.

Good luck
Cheers mate.

The items came to around £200-250. Just tried again this morning. No answer.