Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 210144 times)

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #1600 on: May 20, 2019, 08:07:11 am »
I’ve still got 2 flights available if anyone is interested or knows anyone who fancies going out to experience matchday and atmosphere

Out: fri 31st, Luton to Barcelona via Geneva leaves 1:30pm - arrived 8pm. £150

Return sun 2nd, Barcelona to Luton via Gdansk - leaves 22:15, arrives 07:55am Monday £145

Total cost £295 + £190 (£485) including name changes on the 4 flights but will cover most of the name change cost so total cost to you would be just £360

Plus You’ll have 24 hours to get from Barcelona to Madrid via bus £30 each way, train or car rental. And should have the full matchday soaking up the experience

Please PM me if interested
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1601 on: May 20, 2019, 08:35:11 am »
For anyone who has been before or knows Madrid, if, and it's a big if, there is no big screen at our fan park, where is the best area to get to to make sure you get to see the match in Madrid?
No point in going to the fan park if you can't see the game as there will be a mad exodus later in the afternoon to try and find bars showing the game and there doesn't look to be many places like this around our fan park area.

This decision to close the fan parks 3 hours before kick-off is bonkers, by the way. UEFA and the Spanish authorities are massively underestimating the numbers who will travel from both sides, with and without tickets. What are they expecting to happen at 6pm when tens of thousands of supporters from the two clubs - from fan parks a 20 minute walk apart, all get kicked out and head off in search of bars? Are there sufficient within walking distance to accommodate the likely numbers? Will it be clear which direction the opposing supporters are likely to be? I can see this very easily becoming a shit show, if I'm honest.

Personally, this probably means that if we don't find tickets then we'll be leaving the fan park by 5 at the absolute latest, and heading away from the Spurs fan park (which I believe will be to our west). That'll be a massive shame if that means people have to miss out on the atmosphere there to avoid the impending chaos.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Matthew57

• Main Stander
« Reply #1602 on: May 20, 2019, 09:22:33 am »
For those asking about segregation in the ground from block and upper/lower tiers. If you go on the view guide of ground and go on back row of lower tier, you can turn around and clearly see the steps to upper. So as with most European grounds, its completely open to the separate tiers
Not sure if those steps can be accessed from the lower tier.

Offline adzogolonzo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1603 on: May 20, 2019, 09:40:27 am »
For the neutral parts, are there any restrictions around wearing colours?  Pretty sure Kiev and Basel there weren't.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #1604 on: May 20, 2019, 09:47:45 am »
Anyone had their tickets turn up yet from the ballet sale?

Billy Elliot has.

Offline diddyfaz-golborne

• Kopite
« Reply #1605 on: May 20, 2019, 09:48:27 am »
I have got 3 single rooms available for the Saturday and Sunday night. (male only) at the Hostel Principe pio. The room can be changed to your name. PM me for more details. I now have different travel arrangements. Thank you

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: May 20, 2019, 10:00:53 am »
Anyone had their tickets turn up yet from the ballet sale?

Wrong thread mate

Offline simo71

• Main Stander
« Reply #1607 on: May 20, 2019, 10:04:47 am »
Anyone on the waiting list had a call this morning? My dad is around 270 and wondering if there's a chance.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1608 on: May 20, 2019, 10:15:51 am »
Anyone on the waiting list had a call this morning? My dad is around 270 and wondering if there's a chance.

TO on the website saying "no further sales for this match"
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline simo71

• Main Stander
« Reply #1609 on: May 20, 2019, 10:18:05 am »
TO on the website saying "no further sales for this match"

no further online sales it is. But they're ringing people from 233 onwards this morning as there are some left.

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1610 on: May 20, 2019, 10:31:59 am »
Had to google to see but Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike performing on Friday night at the fan event in puerta del sol.

Reminds me of Hardwell performing in Kiev last year and nobody knew about it!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: May 20, 2019, 11:13:07 am »

He's had a good innings there mate :)

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1612 on: May 20, 2019, 11:15:26 am »

;D

Offline simo71

• Main Stander
« Reply #1613 on: May 20, 2019, 11:21:48 am »

Exactly mate, not gonna see many more finals at his age is he!

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:26 am »
This decision to close the fan parks 3 hours before kick-off is bonkers, by the way. UEFA and the Spanish authorities are massively underestimating the numbers who will travel from both sides, with and without tickets. What are they expecting to happen at 6pm when tens of thousands of supporters from the two clubs - from fan parks a 20 minute walk apart, all get kicked out and head off in search of bars? Are there sufficient within walking distance to accommodate the likely numbers? Will it be clear which direction the opposing supporters are likely to be? I can see this very easily becoming a shit show, if I'm honest.

Personally, this probably means that if we don't find tickets then we'll be leaving the fan park by 5 at the absolute latest, and heading away from the Spurs fan park (which I believe will be to our west). That'll be a massive shame if that means people have to miss out on the atmosphere there to avoid the impending chaos.

Agree. Could be a genuine final decision or could be just a bluff to minimise numbers of fans without tickets travelling to Madrid.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #1615 on: May 20, 2019, 11:23:30 am »
no further online sales it is. But they're ringing people from 233 onwards this morning as there are some left.

Ah right. Silly me can't read
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1616 on: May 20, 2019, 11:26:51 am »
Agree. Could be a genuine final decision or could be just a bluff to minimise numbers of fans without tickets travelling to Madrid.

Yeah, my wife thinks the latter as well, but do they really think that the vast majority who were likely to travel are not already booked up at this point anyway? And that's the thing with English support in general; they will travel in numbers regardless. Messing about with false messaging will make no difference to that. Possibly also giving the authorities too much credit. We'll see I guess.
Twitter | Blog

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1617 on: May 20, 2019, 11:34:46 am »

I hope it is. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it was something similar for Kiev? Nothing advertised but big screens ended up showing it?

London plod have estimated 45,000 spurs travelling.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: May 20, 2019, 11:37:07 am »
Yeah, my wife thinks the latter as well, but do they really think that the vast majority who were likely to travel are not already booked up at this point anyway? And that's the thing with English support in general; they will travel in numbers regardless. Messing about with false messaging will make no difference to that. Possibly also giving the authorities too much credit. We'll see I guess.

Either way it is worrying. I hope it is under control as we don’t want any disorder due to negligent planning to ruin the day.

Offline Danthemanaussiered

• Main Stander
« Reply #1619 on: May 20, 2019, 11:38:15 am »
Had to google to see but Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike performing on Friday night at the fan event in puerta del sol.

Reminds me of Hardwell performing in Kiev last year and nobody knew about it!

Great news! This came up on google
https://www.esmadrid.com/en/whats-on/uefa-champions-league-festival-madrid-2019?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

2215-2300 is the set time

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #1620 on: May 20, 2019, 11:39:44 am »
I hope it is. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) it was something similar for Kiev? Nothing advertised but big screens ended up showing it?

London plod have estimated 45,000 spurs travelling.

Klitchkov intervened as Mayor of Kiev and had big screens showing the final in the Champions Festival fan-zone only !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1621 on: May 20, 2019, 11:41:40 am »
Apparently people have been contacting the tourist board in Madrid and there will be big screens showing the match for fans, they're just not advertising it.  Several people have said this in one of the FB groups for Liverpool fans in Madrid.

They'd be stupid not to do this for both sets of fans. Then again knowing how over zealous the Spanish police like to be with their batons, they're probably rubbing their hands at the thought of 2 English clubs coming together in the bars, the slightest things and they'll be wading in  :(

Offline DGS_05

• Main Stander
« Reply #1622 on: May 20, 2019, 11:47:15 am »
Not sure if those steps can be accessed from the lower tier.

From the pics of the ground I would say you can, the concourse for both tiers is there it looks like
Liverpool is our religion, Anfield is our church.

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: May 20, 2019, 11:49:07 am »
Klitchkov intervened as Mayor of Kiev and had big screens showing the final in the Champions Festival fan-zone only !

Ah that explains it. Top fella.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1624 on: May 20, 2019, 12:03:21 pm »
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1625 on: May 20, 2019, 12:21:11 pm »

Nice one mate! Just ordered one for this year and last  :wave
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 12:26:16 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1626 on: May 20, 2019, 12:54:53 pm »

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Matthew57

• Main Stander
« Reply #1627 on: May 20, 2019, 01:03:59 pm »
Great news! This came up on google
https://www.esmadrid.com/en/whats-on/uefa-champions-league-festival-madrid-2019?utm_referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

2215-2300 is the set time
Superb! I take it we can choose to use the travel card on Friday and top up on Saturday?

Offline Modroxter

• Main Stander
« Reply #1628 on: May 20, 2019, 01:10:29 pm »
Any word from anyone who has been contacted by phone to take up on offer of ticket?

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1629 on: May 20, 2019, 01:15:38 pm »
Just looking at a map of Madrid and for all those that are flying back after the game, even though the ground isn't far from the airport, it looks a ball-ache of a journey
using the metro if they don't lay shuttle buses on, as it means having to go back into town and changing trains a few times  :'(

Offline BillyTheRed

• Main Stander
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #1630 on: May 20, 2019, 01:26:07 pm »
does anyone have a stadium map that shows where spurs blocks are?

Offline Matthew57

• Main Stander
« Reply #1631 on: May 20, 2019, 01:27:39 pm »
Just looking at a map of Madrid and for all those that are flying back after the game, even though the ground isn't far from the airport, it looks a ball-ache of a journey
using the metro if they don't lay shuttle buses on, as it means having to go back into town and changing trains a few times  :'(
It can be done with 2 changes.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: May 20, 2019, 01:32:29 pm »

;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #1633 on: May 20, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
It can be done with 2 changes.

Still looks a ball-ache of a journey though considering how close the ground is to the airport.

Offline simo71

• Main Stander
« Reply #1634 on: May 20, 2019, 01:46:00 pm »
Any word from anyone who has been contacted by phone to take up on offer of ticket?

264 not been called

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: May 20, 2019, 01:47:26 pm »
They're up to about 250 so keep an eye on your phone

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1636 on: May 20, 2019, 01:57:42 pm »
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: May 20, 2019, 02:02:12 pm »
does anyone have a stadium map that shows where spurs blocks are?

One of my Spurs mates sent it to me. It's the exact mirror image of what we have.

Offline BillyTheRed

• Main Stander
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #1638 on: May 20, 2019, 02:05:55 pm »
One of my Spurs mates sent it to me. It's the exact mirror image of what we have.

Any chance of sharing it mate?

Offline Licky

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1639 on: May 20, 2019, 02:09:14 pm »
Still looks a ball-ache of a journey though considering how close the ground is to the airport.

I agree, defo a concern of mine as flight is 3:35, if it goes to
Extra time and pens it’s gonna be a mad rush for the airport and pretty full at Check in and passport control, Istanbul was carnage, I’ve been trying to find out if any buses are being put on for airport xfer, I know Thomas cook are doing xfers and sport options are, vueling arnt
They have translated from Halmstads to Malmo, to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax, to the Swiss national team, so I find the question insulting.