Author Topic: LFC Ticket Pricing Forum  (Read 31969 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: LFC Ticket Pricing Forum
« Reply #200 on: February 9, 2018, 07:05:24 pm »
Think they'd have more take up of a system that took less of a cut for the sale and gave the ST owner the money once the game has concluded rather than taken off next seasons ticket cost.
Probably, yes...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline stevejd63

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #201 on: February 9, 2018, 07:30:06 pm »
Think they'd have more take up of a system that took less of a cut for the sale and gave the ST owner the money once the game has concluded rather than taken off next seasons ticket cost.

I'm in the main stand. divide my season ticket into 19 and it works out around £46 per game. If I can't go I should get a full refund as the club will be passing my ticket on at £59. So they are making an extra £13 already without charging me a fiver for the privalige
How much easier it is to be critical than to be correct.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 9, 2018, 08:33:49 pm »
The amnesty will certainly help with the season ticket waiting list , anyone any idea what percentage of tickets are in other peoples names , out of people I know who have one I'd say 20% are not in there name Inc my two . Could also cause a bit of friction and problems  as some people who haven't been for years are quite loathe to give them up and some lads share one as well and go every other game .

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2018, 12:02:19 am »
We’ve got 3 ST’s 2 in our names , 6 of us share them so we go every other game, doubt this will be possible in the future. The ticket in none of our names nobody has seen the lad since 2002.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #204 on: February 10, 2018, 11:11:21 pm »
To be fair I am with the Club on this one. There has been far too many parasites with wads of tickets feeding off the Club for far too long. Taking the piss out of loyal fans and putting fuck all back into the Club.

The sad reality is that without a bigger Stadium or safe standing then we have to make sure that as many fans as possible are in the Stadium come kick off.

Hopefully the fans reps and the club can come to a happy compromise that means genuine fans have the flexibility to transfer tickets to friends and family as easily as possible without the tickets falling into the hands of touts.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: February 10, 2018, 11:53:42 pm »
To be fair I am with the Club on this one.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #206 on: February 11, 2018, 02:17:30 am »

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2018, 12:39:17 pm »
To be fair I am with the Club on this one. There has been far too many parasites with wads of tickets feeding off the Club for far too long. Taking the piss out of loyal fans and putting fuck all back into the Club.

The sad reality is that without a bigger Stadium or safe standing then we have to make sure that as many fans as possible are in the Stadium come kick off.

Hopefully the fans reps and the club can come to a happy compromise that means genuine fans have the flexibility to transfer tickets to friends and family as easily as possible without the tickets falling into the hands of touts.

Well said, needs to be done in order to get more fans in the ground. Stop the touts from taking the piss out of fans who want to go the game and in the end try and get more young local lads in

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2018, 02:22:19 pm »
We’ve got 3 ST’s 2 in our names , 6 of us share them so we go every other game, doubt this will be possible in the future. The ticket in none of our names nobody has seen the lad since 2002.

You'll be fine - you'll get the ticket into the right name for one of you and if a friends and family scheme is introduced it will just mirror how you use the tickets now.

One issue is why can corporates/hospitality pass on with impunity and will they be subject to the same restrictions as ST and GA holders?
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #209 on: February 11, 2018, 03:30:20 pm »
One issue is why can corporates/hospitality pass on with impunity and will they be subject to the same restrictions as ST and GA holders?

Depends on the type of corporate/hospitality seat I guess.

I know for the Standard Chartered tickets for instance they use them for client negotiations or as part of their PR. Players use theirs to give to friends and family and you aren't exactly going to question Daniel Sturridges sizable entourage.

The other more depressing answer is they pay for what is considered a 1st class seat. Like paying for a 1st class plane ticket you expect a 5 star service and you're not going to want to be questioned. Plus the main stand corporate/hospitality seats appear (well at least every time I've been there) to be the least filled. You dont want to deter those paying £2000 per game over the fans paying £9

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #210 on: March 3, 2018, 03:51:01 pm »
Any outcomes from the SoS meeting today?

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #211 on: May 7, 2018, 10:00:26 am »

apparently, you can only transfer with LFC notification and approval a ST or MT or match ticket due to circumstances when attendance cannot be made, only 3x times.

this needs a serious review logistically as not everyone is subject to working in the Merseyside boundaries, are SOS going to review this in their meetings with LFC ?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #212 on: May 7, 2018, 10:24:43 am »
apparently, you can only transfer with LFC notification and approval a ST or MT or match ticket due to circumstances when attendance cannot be made, only 3x times.

this needs a serious review logistically as not everyone is subject to working in the Merseyside boundaries, are SOS going to review this in their meetings with LFC ?

I imagine the club's response would be if you're buying a ST or match tickets for all 18 home games and unable to go to 20%+ of them, then should you be buying tickets for all games in the first place?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #213 on: May 7, 2018, 12:13:38 pm »
I imagine the club's response would be if you're buying a ST or match tickets for all 18 home games and unable to go to 20%+ of them, then should you be buying tickets for all games in the first place?

You shouldn't.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #214 on: May 7, 2018, 09:43:34 pm »
You shouldn't.

unforeseen circumstances can't be legislated for,

there has to be some reasonable understanding,

you and I all know STs are passed on willy nilly regardless

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 7, 2018, 10:57:53 pm »
You shouldn't.
Last few years massive pressures on working peoples leisure time, people being called into work at little notice, having to work shifts that fuck up your life, swapping from days to nights, wage freezes, forced overtime, flexibility that means work calls the shots, these things combined with Sky and BT that swap games around at a whim constant expenses following your team as it becomes acceptable to charge £360 for a non touted European Cup final ticket, We have enough shit without puritans telling us we need to get to 80% of games, Many workmates share tickets because of the chaotic  nature of our work patterns, the obscene cost of feeding our addiction.

Get it straight, we need to do something about the fellas with books of tickets sorting everyone out and making  an income out of touting but that is totally different to allowing flexibility to normal working class fans who want to share a few games with mate when they can't go, who want to share with their sons and daughters etc. No flexibility would mean shift workers like me would find it impossible to go the game, I pass my ticket on when I'm working to my daughter for free or to mates who I've been going with for decades
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #216 on: May 7, 2018, 11:05:03 pm »
Last few years massive pressures on working peoples leisure time, people being called into work at little notice, having to work shifts that fuck up your life, swapping from days to nights, wage freezes, forced overtime, flexibility that means work calls the shots, these things combined with Sky and BT that swap games around at a whim constant expenses following your team as it becomes acceptable to charge £360 for a non touted European Cup final ticket, We have enough shit without puritans telling us we need to get to 80% of games, Many workmates share tickets because of the chaotic  nature of our work patterns, the obscene cost of feeding our addiction.

Get it straight, we need to do something about the fellas with books of tickets sorting everyone out and making  an income out of touting but that is totally different to allowing flexibility to normal working class fans who want to share a few games with mate when they can't go, who want to share with their sons and daughters etc. No flexibility would mean shift workers like me would find it impossible to go the game, I pass my ticket on when I'm working to my daughter for free or to mates who I've been going with for decades
unforeseen circumstances can't be legislated for,

there has to be some reasonable understanding,

you and I all know STs are passed on willy nilly regardless

Aye, I know it goes on with proper fans, and an absolute bar would be ridiculous, especially when they get moved for telly, but there has to be some cut off. 205/50% I don't know.

Best option would be a season ticket with one or two nominated stand ins.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 8, 2018, 10:24:22 am »
Aye, I know it goes on with proper fans, and an absolute bar would be ridiculous, especially when they get moved for telly, but there has to be some cut off. 205/50% I don't know.

Best option would be a season ticket with one or two nominated stand ins.
Now the thing is a mess because it evolved at different times and people legitimately hold numbers of season tickets in one name etc, to get accountability there needs to be an amnesty so the club knows the reality of who goes, the touts hide behind the complexity and mess the present system is.

But to have an inflexible rigid system helps no one, it needs to reflect how normal fans use their season ticket, if there was a simple system for selling back to club that gave a fair price and could be done with a few clicks, everyone would benefit. I've never sold a ticket over face value, I've give loads away after a late shift change when no one wants it. Must be flexibility to pass onto family and close mates otherwise there'll be no buy in to any new system and it needs that to work
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn