Author Topic: Jamie Carragher  (Read 135112 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Jamie Carragher
« Reply #680 on: March 20, 2018, 10:33:41 am »
Nobody will be even speaking about it in a weeks time.
This Morning really bringing it back when it has been dead for a few days. Maybe to brush over Ant's fuck up?

Or when they run a celebrities driving mishaps series.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #681 on: August 7, 2018, 04:07:06 pm »
Back on Sky.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #682 on: September 26, 2018, 09:44:14 pm »
Back on Sky.

Is he back to being an Evertonian as well? Could barely contain his excitement when Hazard scored and was an embarrassment all night.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: September 26, 2018, 09:46:23 pm »
Is he back to being an Evertonian as well? Could barely contain his excitement when Hazard scored and was an embarrassment all night.

Why does it matter? He's a commentator, commentating on the match, I couldn't give a shit how biased he is either way.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #684 on: September 26, 2018, 09:50:33 pm »
Why does it matter? He's a commentator, commentating on the match, I couldn't give a shit how biased he is either way.

It was just a question. Chill yourself out. And stop speaking to people like dirt. The irony with your forum spam of "I couldn't care what sky say, why do you?" "I couldn't care what redcafe say" "who cares what pundits say?" is you spend all day every day on here getting worked up by people behind a screen. How are you any better? Look in the mirror.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #685 on: September 26, 2018, 09:52:08 pm »
It was just a question. Chill yourself out. And stop speaking to people like dirt. The irony with your forum spam of "I couldn't care what sky say, why do you?" "I couldn't care what redcafe say" "who cares what pundits say?" is you spend all day every day on here getting worked up by people behind a screen. How are you any better? Look in the mirror.

How am I speaking to you like dirt? The difference is that people come on here to talk about Liverpool, not commentators or pundits or rival fans.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: September 26, 2018, 09:54:20 pm »
How am I speaking to you like dirt? The difference is that people come on here to talk about Liverpool, not commentators or pundits or rival fans.

You constantly do it on here, all day every day. If someone says they don't like something on redcafe in you steam all aggresive, why you on there, bla bla, who cares bla bla, same with sky, same with any former player, pundit, twitter whatever you name it. I'll ask again, you have a go at people constantly if they don't like something on tv or whatever yet spend all day on here getting worked up by what usernames behind a screen say. How are you any better? Practice what you preach.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #687 on: September 26, 2018, 09:55:22 pm »
Pretty sure Jamie Carragher is now a commentator, so it wouldn't be a stretch to use his thread to talk about his commentary.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: September 26, 2018, 09:55:46 pm »
You constantly do it on here, all day every day. If someone says they don't like something on redcafe in you steam all aggresive, why you on there, bla bla, who cares bla bla, same with sky, same with any former player, pundit, twitter whatever you name it. I'll ask again, you have a go at people constantly if they don't like something on tv or whatever yet spend all day on here getting worked up by what usernames behind a screen say. How are you any better? Practice what you preach.

I just explained the difference in my post. Can you tell me how I'm supposedly talking to you/others like dirt?

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: September 26, 2018, 09:57:39 pm »

Actually this is a thread about Carragher, who's a pundit and commentator. So people come in here to talk quite specifically about a commentator/ pundit.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: September 26, 2018, 09:59:11 pm »
I just explained the difference in my post. Can you tell me how I'm supposedly talking to you/others like dirt?

Because you can't let anyone have an opinion without steaming in all aggressive. Jamie Carragher commentated on our game tonight, this is the Jamie Carragher thread, let people talk about him please. If you don't want to, that's fine, leave the thread. Not every single post you don't like requires the constant aggressive, why do you care, get off there, bla, bla bla crap.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: September 26, 2018, 10:03:04 pm »
Because you can't let anyone have an opinion without steaming in all aggressive. Jamie Carragher commentated on our game tonight, this is the Jamie Carragher thread, let people talk about him please. If you don't want to, that's fine, leave the thread. Not every single post you don't like requires the constant aggressive, why do you care, get off there, bla, bla bla crap.

If I seem aggressive then I apologise, but I'm certainly not intending to come across as that.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #692 on: September 26, 2018, 10:09:30 pm »
If I seem aggressive then I apologise, but I'm certainly not intending to come across as that.

I wouldn't say aggressive, it's more tedious, you literally pop up in every thread and if there's any grievances from posters towards conceived biases etc. you're straight in with the fire extinguisher. I used to laugh when people got so wound up by you but now it's even frustrating me.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #693 on: September 26, 2018, 11:09:53 pm »
Get thee to a wummery

Carra has revealed himself to be a bit of a c*nt in general these past couple of years, hasn't he?

Lost a lot of respect for the man, if not his achievements as a (limited in number of ways) player.
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: September 26, 2018, 11:14:10 pm »
Apart from the spitting incident, I don't see how he's a c-word? He does try overly hard to seem unbiased, but that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #695 on: September 26, 2018, 11:33:34 pm »
Laughable. He’s a commentator is supposed to show bias wtf

He was fair the whole game

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: September 26, 2018, 11:40:06 pm »
Apart from the spitting incident, I don't see how he's a c-word? He does try overly hard to seem unbiased, but that's hardly the worst thing in the world.

Telling Lovren to get in the dressing room after the Calvert Lewin Pen
Thinking the Mane Red card was correct despite hardly any player ever getting sent off for those offences
Backing Neville in the Karius row

Hes a massive one. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: September 26, 2018, 11:43:40 pm »
Telling Lovren to get in the dressing room after the Calvert Lewin Pen

Did Lovren ever even hear of this or care about it?

Thinking the Mane Red card was correct despite hardly any player ever getting sent off for those offences

Backing Neville in the Karius row.

Pundits/commentators always have stupid opinions, it attracts attention and gets people talking on social media.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: September 26, 2018, 11:48:34 pm »
Did Lovren ever even hear of this or care about it?

Pundits/commentators always have stupid opinions, it attracts attention and gets people talking on social media.

Hows that relevant? In fact its a terrible reply.

If you think hes sound then crack on in ignorance.  I think hes a massive sell out c*nt and I havent needed to use Bascombe to prove it. 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2018, 11:50:51 pm »
Hows that relevant? In fact its a terrible reply.

If Lovren doesn't give a shit, why should we?

If you think hes sound then crack on in ignorance.  I think hes a massive sell out c*nt and I havent needed to use Bascombe to prove it.

I don't think he's sound, he's a commentator and pundit, someone I avoid because they just talk shit. Others should do the same, football is more enjoyable if you don't watch half-time/full-time analysis and learn how to ignore what commentators are saying during matches.

What does Bascombe have to do with anything?

Online Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2018, 11:54:43 pm »
They're both sell-out c*nts that have betrayed the club and fans that gave them a living in exchange for Murdoch's coin maybe?
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #701 on: September 27, 2018, 12:07:41 am »
Backing Neville in the Karius row
That's the worst one for me. Imagine Karius was a United player: could you ever imagine Neville piling in with Carragher to attack a United player? Not a chance in hell. I have more respect for Neville than Carragher because he doesn't hide his love for United.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: September 27, 2018, 01:21:55 am »
That's the worst one for me. Imagine Karius was a United player: could you ever imagine Neville piling in with Carragher to attack a United player? Not a chance in hell. I have more respect for Neville than Carragher because he doesn't hide his love for United.
I could if it was Paul Pogba. Ultimately, Carra's job as a pundit isn't to represent the club or be some Ian Wright-type superfan, it's to be objective so all the viewers can get something out of it. I don't really get people calling him a sellout - it's not like he's going on LFC TV and slagging off players or plugging the Sun.

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: September 27, 2018, 01:42:15 am »
^ That would be fine, if Carragher was objective. He isn't. 9 times out of 10 he will take the opposite side to a Liverpool player. Whether he does this because he's got an axe to grind with the club, or just because he's trying too hard to be seen as unbiased, I don't know (or much care). It doesn't endear him to me either way.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: September 27, 2018, 08:54:26 am »
I'd love Carragher to have some Neville-like club bias in him. When Naby goes looking for a penalty last night, Carragher is quick to call it a dive and suggests the referee might go back and give him a yellow. That kind of shit sticks with people watching, even referees. What he could've said is that there was contact but it's not a penalty and leave it at that.

Then to emphatically say Hazard is the best player in the league - what a load of bollocks.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #705 on: September 27, 2018, 09:18:57 am »
He was embarrassing last night. At the start you could tell he was just trying too hard to not show bias towards us but by the end of the night you'd have thought he was a Chelsea season ticket holder.

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #706 on: September 27, 2018, 09:44:17 am »
Just had flicked the tv over to sky sports news there and they were talking about the hazard goal, it was a great goal, but that commentary by jamie carragher, he should be absolutely embarrassed! I was watching it live last night but hearing it back again, well I just cringed for him!!

Offline andyw79

• Kopite
« Reply #707 on: September 27, 2018, 09:46:46 am »
We all remember him dancing to our mo salah song 4 months ago and then last night he comes out with that pile of shite!

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: September 27, 2018, 11:41:09 am »
He's a snide - picks whichever side suits him more than anything. Not surprised to hear of his bias last night since he only and only thinks of himself. This was evident with his backing of Hodgson, which was rewarded with a new contract. Now, he's sucking up to his bosses at Sky with peddling an anti-Liverpool bias.

Atleast Stevie had awareness about himself when he was on BT but Carragher has little to none.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #709 on: September 27, 2018, 11:44:29 am »
Then to emphatically say Hazard is the best player in the league - what a load of bollocks.

Hardly. There's no one close to Hazard in terms of talent. What's bollocks is that he absolutely loves a bandwagon, Carra, and was probably Yer Da in the pub saying he doesn't score enough this time 12 months ago.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #710 on: September 27, 2018, 11:59:16 am »
Quite a few of the ex-players do seem to have an axe to grind. I do wonder if there's a worry that this side could surpass their achievements. Carragher, Hamann and Murphy are particularly bad. Owen too.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: September 27, 2018, 12:36:56 pm »
I'd love Carragher to have some Neville-like club bias in him. When Naby goes looking for a penalty last night, Carragher is quick to call it a dive and suggests the referee might go back and give him a yellow. That kind of shit sticks with people watching, even referees. What he could've said is that there was contact but it's not a penalty and leave it at that.

This is why it is important to call this type of shite out or at least be aware of what's going on. I know there's a few on here that are fond of telling everyone what to think about pundits and media, but this type of inbalanced soundbite has a pernicious effect and leads to narratives that as you say stick. Suarez and diving, Karius, following Neville's attack, Rafa and zonal etc.

I and I'm sure many can and do ignore it on a personal level, but shit sticks. I remember working in Manchester when Rafa was the boss, the amount of times people told me that they didn't like our manager was amazing - this was pre money City fans by the way.

I'm really disappointed in some of the crap that Carragher spouts. Doesn't strike me as the most thoughtful of individuals.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: September 27, 2018, 12:48:02 pm »
Hardly. There's no one close to Hazard in terms of talent. What's bollocks is that he absolutely loves a bandwagon, Carra, and was probably Yer Da in the pub saying he doesn't score enough this time 12 months ago.

But talent alone doesn't make you the best. Others might not be as talented but they are more consistent. My point was that he was so sure of his view like there wasn't even an arguement to be had around the other top players in the league. Probably one for another thread.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: September 27, 2018, 01:57:51 pm »
What's bollocks is that he absolutely loves a bandwagon, Carra, and was probably Yer Da in the pub saying he doesn't score enough this time 12 months ago.

This is what annoys me about him. After Spurs beat Utd he went off on one about why isn't anyone talking about Spurs challenging City, that everyone is talking about Liverpool but Spurs have finished ahead of them the past few years etc. And then, after Spurs lose to Liverpool he's saying that they're not good enough, worried about the lack of quality in their squad and so on, and that they're not going to win a trophy

And he's done this numerous times as well. Whichever way the wind is blowing. Only thing I took from him being so excited about the Hazard goal last night is because he's recently said Hazard is the best player in the league, so that goal last night proved it for him. He even said 2 or 3 times during the replays, "that's why I've said he's the best player in the league". Give it a month of Salah scoring every game and he'll change his mind again.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: September 27, 2018, 02:48:27 pm »
Really really really cant stand him as a pundit.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #715 on: September 27, 2018, 02:59:00 pm »
amazing fume in here
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: September 27, 2018, 03:10:33 pm »
Think he's ok as a pundit however agree with sms, you can easily ignore pre/post match analysis, most of it is drivel. I mean look at Redknapp ffs. I suppose if you're paying sky £80+ a month you would expect better, glad im not

Carra though, he's very lucky to have that job after what he did to that young girl

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #717 on: September 27, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »
In his heart of hearts, he's still an Everton fan.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #718 on: September 27, 2018, 03:54:28 pm »
In his heart of hearts, he's still an Everton fan.
if only he never got that tattoo
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #719 on: September 27, 2018, 03:57:04 pm »
amazing fume in here

Ironic that it was started by someone labelling him an Evertonian too, the king of the fume.

For me, he wants to be the amazing pundit everyone loves and thinks is a laugh - but is worried of speaking positively of Liverpool in fear of being labelled biased.

Anyone who questions his love for the club is a muppet, he’s still clearly a fan