Author Topic: Natural History Museum crash: Car hits people in London.  (Read 2328 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Natural History Museum crash: Car hits people in London.
« on: October 7, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »
Not confirmed that it is terror related.

From the BBC:

Several people have been injured after a car hit pedestrians near the Natural History Museum in London, police say.

The Metropolitan Police said one person had been detained following the incident at 14:20 BST in Exhibition Road in South Kensington.

Video footage that emerged on Twitter showed a man being restrained on the ground.

A BBC reporter at the scene said she had been told by police that the injuries were minor. Police said inquiries are under way to establish the circumstances.

A Downing Street spokesman said the prime minister is "being kept up to date on events".

The current terror threat level in the UK is "severe" - the second highest - meaning an attack is highly likely.  BBC reporter Chloe Hayward was leaving the Natural History Museum as the incident happened.
"I could see a car diagonally across the road, looking like it was going into one of the boulders on the side of the road, and I could see a crowd of people around what was clearly one or two people on the pavement," she said.

She added there were now armed police at the scene.

"We have had lots of police coming onto the scene, helicopters above, and I can see an ambulance which is definitely having someone put in, but it isn't clear how bad that injury is."
Exhibition Road is an area popular with tourists as it is home to the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum. All three museums have now been evacuated. 

An eyewitness who was walking to the Science Museum said: "When waiting for the light, we heard what I thought was gunshots and saw a car drive over the pavement. We just ran. My friend dived on the floor and cut her hands.

The woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said: "When it calmed down we walked back to where we'd been and saw a gentleman on the floor being restrained by police."

Connor Honeyman, from Essex, who was in the queue for the museum, said: "We heard a horrible thudding noise and a car engine. Everyone started running and screaming inside.

"We ran in, everyone was following us, and then all the security guards ran out and they closed the main entrance. There was much confusion before the police got there."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41538762
« Last Edit: October 7, 2017, 04:24:46 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Natural History Museum crash: Car hits people in London.
« Reply #1 on: October 7, 2017, 04:27:19 pm »
It's possible this could be a straightforward accident. The bottom end of Exhibition Road is shared by traffic and pedestrians and it could be a confused driver.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #2 on: October 7, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »
It's possible this could be a straightforward accident. The bottom end of Exhibition Road is shared by traffic and pedestrians and it could be a confused driver.

Don't know the area at all, and whether or not this is terror related or not, but you'd think given what's gone on over the last 12 months they'd make it a bit more secure, looks prime for a similar attack from that picture.

Hopefully no serious injuries

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 7, 2017, 04:35:25 pm »

The presumed driver was restrained on the ground (behind and between the two cars to the left on the above image) before the police arrived; by what look like might be Museum security staff.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 7, 2017, 04:37:25 pm »
Don't know the area at all, and whether or not this is terror related or not, but you'd think given what's gone on over the last 12 months they'd make it a bit more secure, looks prime for a similar attack from that picture.

Hopefully no serious injuries
Exhibition Road has been discussed as a possible terrorist target. It has vehicle access for the large number of taxis and coaches needed to service the area; and to allow access to the disabled parking provided as close to the museum entrances as possible (from memory, the side road outside the Science Museum).
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 7, 2017, 04:42:25 pm »
On the BBC news feed it had a quote from a witness who said the padestrians had minor injuries. Hopefully thats true.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: October 7, 2017, 04:51:33 pm »
Exhibition Road has been discussed as a possible terrorist target. It has vehicle access for the large number of taxis and coaches needed to service the area; and to allow access to the disabled parking provided as close to the museum entrances as possible (from memory, the side road outside the Science Museum).

I'm there all at the moment as I'm doing an exhibition at the V&A. The road scheme was designed by Dixon Jones architects and the reports from back them are from a different time:

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/comment/shared-space-is-the-future-for-londons-roads-7313484.html

The very bottom end is shared by delivery traffic and pedestrians and I was thinking the other day that it's a potential target with a clear run down Exhibition Road into tourists and outdoor restaurant tables and seats.

Hopefully this is just an accident but I can see the area being tightened up.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #7 on: October 7, 2017, 06:02:18 pm »
Met confirm it's an accident. Hope the injuries aren't too serious for those involved.

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/916709921080659968
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: October 7, 2017, 06:15:56 pm »
Met confirm it's an accident. Hope the injuries aren't too serious for those involved.

https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/916709921080659968

Some of the replies to that make be despair.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 7, 2017, 06:25:33 pm »
Apparently, Tommy Robinson showed up there.  He'll be gutted it wasn't an attack. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10 on: October 7, 2017, 06:29:00 pm »
Apparently, Tommy Robinson showed up there.  He'll be gutted it wasn't an attack. 

What a fucking arsehole he is. Hope he gets eaten by the mechanical T Rex.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 7, 2017, 06:31:08 pm »
'RightNewsUK', 'AmericanInfidel', 'Trust POTUS Trump', 'YankeeDoodleDandy'.

Almost like some people want there to be more terrorist attacks, to give them something to whip people up into a frenzy over...

If only they knew the Natural History and Science museums promote radical ideas like 'evolution' and the earth being billions of years old...

« Last Edit: October 7, 2017, 06:33:39 pm by redmark »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12 on: October 7, 2017, 06:32:26 pm »
There are massive great boulders down the side of the road there aren’t there?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13 on: October 7, 2017, 07:07:04 pm »
'RightNewsUK', 'AmericanInfidel', 'Trust POTUS Trump', 'YankeeDoodleDandy'.

Almost like some people want there to be more terrorist attacks, to give them something to whip people up into a frenzy over...

If only they knew the Natural History and Science museums promote radical ideas like 'evolution' and the earth being billions of years old...
to be honest, could be prime Russian bots too.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2017, 12:15:57 am »
So it was a horrible accident, but its strange now seeing the black man being held down by 3 men after it happened. would the same had happened if the driver was White?
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 8, 2017, 12:24:18 am »
So it was a horrible accident, but its strange now seeing the black man being held down by 3 men after it happened. would the same had happened if the driver was White?

Yes, he ran into 11 or so people with a car. 
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 8, 2017, 05:25:47 am »

What a bizarre question. If you saw a car hit 11 people in a popular tourist location in the current climate would you just think - 'yeah, off you go lad' - or restrain him until you knew there was no danger?

It's the driving into pedestrians that resulted in him being pinned to the ground not the colour of his skin.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 8, 2017, 06:56:32 am »

Have you heard of Westminster Bridge and London Bridge?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 8, 2017, 08:00:30 am »
It's the driving into pedestrians that resulted in him being pinned to the ground not the colour of his skin.
Have you heard of Westminster Bridge and London Bridge?
More pertinently, do you remember the Finsbury Park mosque attack?

The driver was white. The victims were not. They restrained him until the police turned up.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 8, 2017, 09:37:07 am »

Why did you have to say that? I couldn't resist, and now I've wasted 15 minutes of my life and lost 15 IQ points.

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 8, 2017, 01:26:39 pm »
The clamour for this to be a terrorist attack was bizarre. Granted it's sensitive times we live in, but Sky News, the usual suspects on twitter were almost salivating with froth at the prospect of it being more than what it was.

Sky News had wall to wall coverage, despite people on the ground saying it appeared to be an accident - yet they had 'terror experts on', the chopper in the air, Kay BLOODY Burley on the scene, FFS - then when it was confirmed it was an accident, the story disappeared.

« Last Edit: October 8, 2017, 01:29:57 pm by AaronSingh25 »