Author Topic: Andy Robertson (Andrew Henry Robertson MBE)  (Read 779547 times)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
Re: Just Fucking Robertson...
« Reply #2480 on: December 25, 2018, 02:49:33 am »
Salah: Who wants to be Robbo? Who wants to play left back?

Robertson: I’m the working class hero

:lmao :lmao

https://youtu.be/_FzS8vj3umw
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 02:51:40 am by harleydanger »
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2481 on: December 25, 2018, 06:26:20 am »

pissed my tits at that. getting dissed by an egyptian king. but read somewhere Salah used to play at left back too. kind of make sense. cultured left foot. pacy as fuck.

our players seem to take the piss out of each other a lot.

don't think robbo is the finished product. There is still loads of improvements that can be coached into him. Riise pointed out lack of goals and surely the coaches are looking into adding that to his game as well.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2482 on: December 25, 2018, 04:51:17 pm »
This guy has been fitted with two iron lungs, no possibly three! Incredible energy and stamina, feel knackered just watching him.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline RedorRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2483 on: December 25, 2018, 05:16:11 pm »
To the tune of Proclaimers....

He will run 500 hundred miles, and then will run 500 hundred more.... just to be that man that beats Alexander trents goals and assistance score,
He’s our left back (he’s our left back) He’s our left back (he’s our left back) He’s our Andy! Andy! Andy! Robertson!

He’s our left back (he’s our left back) He’s our left back (he’s our left back) He’s our Andy! Andy! Andy! Robertson!

Repeat......

What do you think as a first draft.... half cut on Christmas Day!!!  8)

It’s the Alexander Trent bit..... Alex Trent Arnold? Alexander Arnold? Alexander Trent Arnold’s?

Which flows best if anything?

« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:19:56 pm by RedorRed »

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #2484 on: December 25, 2018, 05:18:17 pm »

me likey lots ;)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: December 25, 2018, 05:20:30 pm »
pissed my tits at that. getting dissed by an egyptian king. but read somewhere Salah used to play at left back too. kind of make sense. cultured left foot. pacy as fuck.

our players seem to take the piss out of each other a lot.

don't think robbo is the finished product. There is still loads of improvements that can be coached into him. Riise pointed out lack of goals and surely the coaches are looking into adding that to his game as well.

I can't stop laughing at that  :lmao

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2486 on: December 25, 2018, 06:21:06 pm »
To the tune of Proclaimers....

He will run 500 hundred miles, and then will run 500 hundred more.... just to be that man that beats Alexander trents goals and assistance score,

Repeat......

What do you think as a first draft.... half cut on Christmas Day!!!  8)

It’s the Alexander Trent bit..... Alex Trent Arnold? Alexander Arnold? Alexander Trent Arnold’s?

Which flows best if anything?

I really can’t imagine this being sung at the ground  ;D

Did make me smile though

Offline kkapo18

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2487 on: December 25, 2018, 07:02:44 pm »
This guy is a freak LB and will probably go down as one of our best ever if he wins titles here!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2488 on: December 26, 2018, 05:17:17 pm »
Working class hero performance!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2489 on: December 26, 2018, 05:18:56 pm »
Commentator said his partner is expecting their second child any day, fuck knows where he gets his energy from.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2490 on: December 26, 2018, 05:41:19 pm »
Commentator said his partner is expecting their second child any day, fuck knows where he gets his energy from.
He's the working class hero.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2491 on: December 27, 2018, 05:10:02 pm »
Has looked a little tired and weary the past two games in my opinion. Although did have stuff going on off the pitch.

Might need a rest after City.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2492 on: December 27, 2018, 06:33:38 pm »
This guy has been fitted with two iron lungs, no possibly three! Incredible energy and stamina, feel knackered just watching him.
and a bit of skill as well.
OK, he may prefer to receive a ball with the outside of his left than the inside of his right, but it's always fully in control, he's always comfortable. They are being fired at him from every angle and and height lately as well, so he's having to chest a ball, maintain control and either drive or find his next pass within seconds.

Most significantly impressive also, is his confidence to deliver a first time ball with pace and accuracy in to the box. It doesn't seem long ago that so many of his balls were too long, now most of them are a threat. Get a ball out to him high up the pitch when he's in space and suddenly the opposition are in trouble.

And you're correct about an undeterrable drive and commitment. Another gift to his skill-set.

It's been such a treat to see this lad develop from an unknown (to me) to an absolute gem of a Liverpool footballer.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:07:17 pm by John C »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2493 on: December 27, 2018, 06:41:04 pm »
and a bit of skill as well.
OK, he may prefer to receive a ball with the outside of his left than the inside of his right, but it's always fully in control, he's always comfortable. They are being fired at him from every angle and and height lately as well, so he's having to chest a ball, maintain control and either drive for find his next pass within seconds.

Most significantly impressive also, is his confidence to deliver a first time ball with pace and accuracy in to the box. It doesn't seem long ago that so many of his balls were too long, now most of them are a threat. Get a ball out to him high up the pitch when he's in space and suddenly the opposition are in trouble.

And you're correct about an undeterrable drive and commitment. Another gift to his skill-set.

It's been such a treat to see this lad develop from an unknown (to me) to an absolute gem of a Liverpool footballer.

Unknown to me too, but you're bang on John. The other thing about Robbo is surely confidence. When he plays for Liverpool he knows he's adored. The people love him and that love is palpable inside the stadium. It must pump blood to the heart like a piston and it certainly puts jets on his heels. We all remember - or think we do - the match where Coutinho seemed to ignore him as a passing option. It wouldn't happen now. The other lads know that he's a problem solver.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline daggerdoo

• Kopite
« Reply #2494 on: December 27, 2018, 07:04:26 pm »
It's good to read all the loving words for Robbo! This mini fairytale couldn't have happened to a lovelier guy and the fact he's embracing it so well and giving his all to help us succeed is just a great thing. The values and standards of our great club are once again shining, turning once good players in to top level players who will run through walls and bleed to help us get to where we belong! Just Fucking Robbo!!!!!!!

Online pa

• humbug
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2495 on: December 27, 2018, 07:37:40 pm »

Reminds me of Hans-Peter Briegel

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #2496 on: December 27, 2018, 07:46:54 pm »
I use Ceefax for all my data and number crunching.

I even bought a ski holiday on it.
You have always been so ahead of your time, sir.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #2497 on: December 27, 2018, 07:48:46 pm »
Well known fact that exercise boosts your drive to do it do it. Explaining randiness after gym.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2498 on: December 27, 2018, 08:59:36 pm »

That's what I have been thinking all along. Everton fans are pretty lovely and harmless when they were a kid.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #2499 on: December 27, 2018, 09:32:45 pm »
My 84 year old father on Boxing day, hes never watched a game of football in his life, comes in just as Robbo's being substituted to rapturous applause. "Who is that guy?" he says, "Some kind of hero?"  I says "what!?", taken aback at the direct hit.  "Well" he says "They're cheering like he saved the day."

True Story.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #2500 on: December 27, 2018, 09:43:48 pm »
I really can’t imagine this being sung at the ground  ;D

Am I the only one to remember this as the Morientes song?
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2501 on: December 27, 2018, 09:50:52 pm »
Reminds me of Hans-Peter Briegel
That is not a bad shout, I think, although Briegel was a bit harder. He was pretty damn athletic and could run up and down until he tired the opposition coach watching him. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2502 on: December 27, 2018, 10:30:44 pm »
As Klopp said I still think there is way more to come from Robbo. For me his decision making is a bit off. Like Trent for me he goes for the whipped in cross far too much. He has got far more about his game than that for me. He needs to trust himself and his dribbling ability a bit more.

Take players on more especially on the outside and look for pullbacks. I think Robbo is 3 or 4 years from his peak. Bring it on.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #2503 on: December 27, 2018, 11:01:51 pm »
As Klopp said I still think there is way more to come from Robbo. For me his decision making is a bit off. Like Trent for me he goes for the whipped in cross far too much. He has got far more about his game than that for me. He needs to trust himself and his dribbling ability a bit more.

Take players on more especially on the outside and look for pullbacks. I think Robbo is 3 or 4 years from his peak. Bring it on.

I think we didn't have the kind of striker that gambles on Robbo's cross.

Similar to Beckham, if it wasn't for van Nistelrooy, 9/10 of his crosses reaches no one. Which was why he looked so shit with the England team.

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #2504 on: December 28, 2018, 11:12:06 pm »
https://youtu.be/DIPB2SDIRr4  not sure this vid has been posted here before or not. But I just found it, n really like his enthusiasm as a young player at Queens Park training with the national team. 
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2505 on: December 29, 2018, 07:21:15 pm »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: December 29, 2018, 07:22:02 pm »
Who shit themselves when he went in for that?  ;D Should have been subbed off way earlier but even on not one of his best days he still does loads of great stuff.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2507 on: December 29, 2018, 07:46:18 pm »
I want books on tape as read by Andy

Another top performance
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: December 29, 2018, 07:51:37 pm »
I want books on tape as read by Andy

Another top performance

Rampaging around the pitch like he is the best left back in the world. Who does he think he is ?

Insane how good this guy is. Scotland isn’t supposed to produce footballers this good anymore.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2509 on: December 29, 2018, 08:08:18 pm »
what is he eating ffs. :D

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2510 on: December 29, 2018, 08:13:59 pm »
Played well, delicious pass for Mane's goal, but definitely could do with a rest. One game out. I'd probably want to squeeze a bit more out of him for City though.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2511 on: December 29, 2018, 08:15:29 pm »
Played well, delicious pass for Mane's goal, but definitely could do with a rest. One game out. I'd probably want to squeeze a bit more out of him for City though.

Go again for City and then he can have 9 days rest before Brighton, Albie can play in the cup.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2512 on: December 29, 2018, 08:22:27 pm »
The scout that discovered him deserves a medal.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2513 on: December 29, 2018, 08:25:51 pm »

that's the scary thing about him - he can still improve and i have no doubt he will, what a player to have in our team

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2514 on: December 29, 2018, 08:28:09 pm »
Simply outstanding. Some people even thought anybody can play Full-Back & suggested Trent had to be moved to midfield, but when you see a genuine world class player in the Full-Back position after years & years in our team, you know how much of bollocks were those claims & it is really an important position on the pitch as well.

Brazil & Italy were great in the International circuit over the years & they share some of the best ever Full-Backs in history of football. No fucking wonder.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2515 on: December 29, 2018, 08:29:49 pm »
The scout that discovered him deserves a medal.

don´t think he was unknown while at Hull... Thanks to Klopp for giving him a chance.. only Coutinho was better bargain for us i think over the years..

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #2516 on: December 29, 2018, 08:31:43 pm »

he's on how many games in a congested period though. I don't think he needs to take players on, he gives and goes which is a lot better for a player in his position and at the same time the fullbacks provide the width which drags players out to open up the space for the forwards. It's only natural that crosses are a more reasoned expectation; but even then I feel it's a slight bit of recency bias because a good chunk of Andy's assist have been low whipped passes across the box this season.

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #2517 on: December 29, 2018, 08:32:13 pm »
don´t think he was unknown while at Hull... Thanks to Klopp for giving him a chance.. only Coutinho was better bargain for us i think over the years..

Not unknown but getting a player from a team that had just been relegated might have looked like a risk/bad move. Turned out to be a masterstroke.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2518 on: December 29, 2018, 08:36:35 pm »
Not unknown but getting a player from a team that had just been relegated might have looked like a risk/bad move. Turned out to be a masterstroke.

Klopp loves doing that.

Robbo, Gini and Shaq to name 3.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: December 29, 2018, 08:42:03 pm »
Klopp loves doing that.

Robbo, Gini and Shaq to name 3.
👍
What do you think their value would be now?