Author Topic: Lonsdale Travel bought out  (Read 5839 times)

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
Lonsdale Travel bought out
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:41:11 am »
Liverpool FC's official travel partner has been bought by service provider Capita Group.

Contrary to speculation elsewhere on these boards, Lonsdale was owned by the former Chairman of Derby County, Stuart Webb, which explains why the company is based in, er... Derby.

As well as LFC, they supply travel services to loads of other clubs, the FA, other businesses etc. Capita Group were one of their bigger customers and felt that Lonsdale's travel services would dovetail with their existing business. Capita regularly feature in PRIVATE EYE magazine because of their infamous track record in 'running' things for the public sector, which has earned them the nickname 'Crapita.' Great news for seasoned Lonsdale sufferers!
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline snouty17

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Lonsdale Travel bought out
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 11:58:59 am »
hopefully theyll slash the prices down to a reasonable level! £160 for Chelsea away is an absolute joke!  :wanker

Offline carra__gold

• Anny Roader
  • Weve won it 5 times....
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2005, 12:39:25 pm »
hopefully theyll slash the prices down to a reasonable level! £160 for Chelsea away is an absolute joke!  :wanker

that is a disgrace

Offline Dan The Man

• Kopite
  • We won it 5 times, In Istanbul we won 5 times
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2005, 07:13:18 pm »
Fucking bad rip off merchants this crew.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2005, 07:50:00 pm »

And thats before you pay for the match ticket

Offline red and white liz

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2005, 10:25:17 pm »
God help us if Capita have their hands on this.   I used to work for a Government department and they took us over.  They were crap, the rights that we had in our contract thankfully were preserved under TUPE, but if we changed grades etc we had to sign their terms, crap isn't the word!  I left for another job as soon as I could before being forced to sit where I was or sign their terms.  I pity the employees at Londsdales.

Offline redmen1892

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2005, 10:13:57 am »
I work for an IT outsourcing company and I've come up against Capita may a time, funnily enough none of their ex-employees would have a good work to say about them, however it's all very Incestuous  the IT world, same old faces just a different company name on the payslip and ex-eomployees of my lot would probably say the same...................

Offline RobC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2005, 10:23:46 am »
Looks like they've just moved from one loads of crooks to another. Always been priced out by their ridiculous fees, so guess that wont be changing!
They came from sunny Spain, to make us great again...

Offline magpie

• Kopite
  • 96 friends we all shall miss. JFT96.
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2005, 12:02:06 pm »
hopefully theyll slash the prices down to a reasonable level!
:lmao The joke thread's that-a-way --------------->
I was talking to a lad who works for Thomas Cook, who provide Arsenal with all their travel, and he said LFC and Lonsdales is the cosiest partnership around. It'll be interesting to see what happens now.
"Ignore the arl witch and sing/shout for justice."

Offline Doc Evil

• PunjabEvo - "Goin' Madrid lad? Gorranyspares?"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kelvin McKenzie is a c*nt. SOS 7175
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 06:32:11 pm »
God help us if Capita have their hands on this.   I used to work for a Government department and they took us over.  They were crap, the rights that we had in our contract thankfully were preserved under TUPE, but if we changed grades etc we had to sign their terms, crap isn't the word!  I left for another job as soon as I could before being forced to sit where I was or sign their terms.  I pity the employees at Londsdales.
Amen - I have personal experience of this lot and I'd agree with the above posts 150%, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!!

"You going to Madrid lad? Gorrany spares?"

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 03:26:57 pm »
Amen - I have personal experience of this lot and I'd agree with the above posts 150%, wouldn't touch them with a bargepole!!
Thats a late amen.

So, how did this travel stuff pan out?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly