Author Topic: Jestrovich banned for 3 games for racially abusing Sissoko  (Read 26187 times)

Offline mcevand

• Anny Roader
Jestrovich banned for 3 games for racially abusing Sissoko
« on: November 7, 2005, 07:23:06 pm »
Taken from UEFA.com (Apologies if it has been posted already.  Very busy in work and haven't got time to do a search)

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/news/Kind=1/newsId=364691.html
« Last Edit: November 7, 2005, 08:27:27 pm by Barney_Rubble »

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jestrovich banned for 3 games for racially abusing Sissoke
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2005, 07:23:37 pm »
Well, that'll teach him  ::)
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2005, 07:24:57 pm »

not exactly sending a message with this are they...typical uefa cop out!!
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline mcevand

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2005, 07:29:32 pm »
If that would have been an English player racially abusing an Aderlecht player, I'm sure the outcome would have been very different given that fact that fireign supporters and players get away with murder but when something less happens from an english team / fans, they throw the book at us big time.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #4 on: November 7, 2005, 07:37:57 pm »
shit that should of been a lot more than 3 games

Offline Hattori Hanzo

• Thinks people playing with lego shouldn't throw stones.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 7, 2005, 07:39:52 pm »
Feckin' outrage!

Offline waittillmay

• Nicks sweets off kids.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2005, 07:43:55 pm »
usual shite form UEFA then.
But you are right, can you imagine if it had been an english player...

Offline Drakey

• Main Stander
  • Pack your bags we're going to Merseyside.
« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2005, 07:45:37 pm »
Wow you really showed him, UEFA.  ::)

Offline Life

• goes on.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2005, 07:48:02 pm »
I still don't think he did...but I'm a crap lip-reader.  Maybe the ambigiuity had something to do with the leniency.
"Why should they be used in any other way? It wouldn'a be fair for one thing. Natural ability is far too precious tae be messed about wi'."

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2005, 07:54:16 pm »
Cop out by UEFA. Considering Anderlecht have got two meaningless games left in Europe this season. Really taught him a lesson there....It really is pathetic. If you get a straight red in any game isnt a three game ban?. So therefore, he hasnt really had any extra punishment for it...just the standard 3 game ban. Disgusting.
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2005, 08:02:33 pm »
Wouldn't the red card and a normal one game ban have been enough?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Rizla

• Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Once a knob always a knob
« Reply #11 on: November 7, 2005, 08:04:36 pm »
If that would have been an English player racially abusing an Aderlecht player, I'm sure the outcome would have been very different given that fact that fireign supporters and players get away with murder but when something less happens from an english team / fans, they throw the book at us big time.

Exactly!

UEFA are the biggest joke in existence! Bunch of useless, useless pathetic muppets the lot... :butt

Offline dfella25

• Main Stander
  • "possibilities"
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2005, 08:06:10 pm »
Wouldn't the red card and a normal one game ban have been enough?

I would hope not but the fact that a three game ban was passed they might as well have slapped his arse and sent him home. For all the message a three match ban sends out for ignorance.
"Before, I said that they were maybe the best supporters in England. Now maybe they are the best supporters in Europe."

Rafa Benitez

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 7, 2005, 08:07:06 pm »
After all those campaigns to make people aware of racial abuse this is the best they can do ?!,what an utter disgrace.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 7, 2005, 08:11:34 pm »
bet  Jestrovich is thanking his lucky stars he didn't call him gay aswell.  ::)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 7, 2005, 08:12:01 pm »
Mihjalovic got 7 games (i think for spitting) yet jestrovic gets 3 for racist abuse?

Taking the fucking piss over racism yet again UEFA :wanker

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 7, 2005, 08:18:25 pm »
He probably should have gotten somewhere more along the lines of 4 to 6 months.

The only explanation I can see for UEFA to have given him such a light penalty is that UEFA's investigation yielded some doubt as to whether or not he actually racially abused Sissoko.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 7, 2005, 08:20:20 pm »
If you get a straight red in any game isnt a three game ban?.

No I'm fairly certain that the automatic ban for a straight red is 1 game, but then it often increases to 3 games after it is looked at.
Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline thisisanfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #18 on: November 7, 2005, 08:21:28 pm »
They should have just banned him from playing in CL for a year.
Many things have fallen only to rise higher. Liverpool FC.

Offline The Road End

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: November 7, 2005, 08:21:46 pm »
He probably should have gotten somewhere more along the lines of 4 to 6 months.

The only explanation I can see for UEFA to have given him such a light penalty is that UEFA's investigation yielded some doubt as to whether or not he actually racially abused Sissoko.

Its on UEFA.com,and their committee confirms he used a racially motivated insult.

Offline Xabi

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jestrovich banned for 3 games for racially abusing Sissoko
« Reply #20 on: November 7, 2005, 08:38:21 pm »
3 game ban is a joke. They're not going to get another three in this seasons tournament anyway.
R.T.K

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 7, 2005, 09:11:33 pm »
Disgrace, how hard would it be to ban him for x months, or ban him from playing in europe for a year or something. by all accounts anderlecht are disciplining him, so how come uefa can't follow suit, isolate the scumbag

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #22 on: November 7, 2005, 09:50:26 pm »
A ban similar to the 6 game ban Lee Bowyer got for stamping on that fellas head when he was at Leeds would have been a fair punishment IMO.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 7, 2005, 09:50:39 pm »
Isn't it too simple to make a scapegoat out of Jestrovic? Almost every game we see players shout abuse. It can be aimed at the ref or the opponent. It is sort of accepted. If all of a sudden someone shouts a racist word everything changes. I'm all for the red card, but that's it. Not because I take racism lightly, but because the proportions are wrong. A single word results in say 10 times the punishment for a normal red card? 10 times the punishment for a reckless tackle that can end a player's career? Doesn't make sense to me.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: November 7, 2005, 09:52:51 pm »
Yes, it should be 10 times the punishment. Especially since the FA are so keen to promote the cause.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 7, 2005, 10:05:42 pm »
Yes, it should be 10 times the punishment. Especially since the FA are so keen to promote the cause.

Can't agree.

A ban similar to the 6 game ban Lee Bowyer got for stamping on that fellas head when he was at Leeds would have been a fair punishment IMO.

Disagree. IMO you can't even compare the two. Stamping on someone's head is far worse. In particular when shouting anything (but racist words) is normally accepted on a football pitch, at least if done in the heat of the moment.

Offline Red Marauder

• Anny Roader
  • ....and to glory we will go.....
« Reply #26 on: November 7, 2005, 10:10:36 pm »
3 games is a joke......kick out racism?

Their really goin' about it in the right way with this message aren't they?

And the fellas still denying saying it....absolute shambles

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #27 on: November 7, 2005, 10:39:08 pm »
Isn't it too simple to make a scapegoat out of Jestrovic? Almost every game we see players shout abuse. It can be aimed at the ref or the opponent. It is sort of accepted. If all of a sudden someone shouts a racist word everything changes. I'm all for the red card, but that's it. Not because I take racism lightly, but because the proportions are wrong. A single word results in say 10 times the punishment for a normal red card? 10 times the punishment for a reckless tackle that can end a player's career? Doesn't make sense to me.

You have a point but 3 matches is a pretty stock punishment for a lot of red cards. I think 4,5 or 6 matches wouldve sent a clear message out without being overly harsh

Point that has to be made is that how can we expect crowds to stop making racist chants, maokey noises etc if the players & managers dont?  :wanker
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline LFCMunkee

• Cheekee!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 7, 2005, 10:43:23 pm »
 >:( Just 3 games!?!  :o thats just taking the piss!  :wanker
Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall - so the referee booked him

Offline M|chael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 7, 2005, 10:47:20 pm »
Really surprised. It's a disgrace really.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 7, 2005, 10:54:57 pm »
Well done, Absolute shit out on Uefa's behalf.. but did we expect anything else? We all know how uefa treat england compared to other countries fans. We were threatended with being kicked out of (the world cup?? im not to sure) for hooliganism but spain chant racism at all of there matchs, there coach is racist and they hit them with a shitty fine. Uefa are a bunch of absolute wankers. All talk no Action when it comes to teams in europe. Fucking hell, Should of had the book, the table and a footie booy threw at him after all the kick racism out of football promoting. What a bolloks way to scare the racists

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 7, 2005, 11:07:37 pm »
3 games is still a clear message. There's no need to go over the top. We're talking a ban that stretches over half the group stages, apparently for one line of racist abuse.

Offline dobbouk

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #32 on: November 7, 2005, 11:09:50 pm »
After listening to that anti racism message for 3 mintues nearly bursting me ear drums on that night im 10 times as annoyed as I would have been anyway. I just emailed uefa. Made me feel a little better

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: November 7, 2005, 11:25:42 pm »
After listening to that anti racism message for 3 mintues nearly bursting me ear drums on that night im 10 times as annoyed as I would have been anyway. I just emailed uefa. Made me feel a little better

I was just thinking of that - maybe they should play that message into the dressing rooms before the game? :D

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 7, 2005, 11:27:39 pm »

My initial reaction to that is that there is some sense in there.

However, we are trying to get racism out of the game and I don't think fairness comes into the equation. It is about sending a strong message to the rest of Europe that if you use racial abuse then there will be massive consequences.

Just yelling at the other player calling him an asshole or a fuck face is nothing. Racially abusing a player is not socially acceptable, and from what I can see, it doesn't happen all the time (I don't watch eastern european football though).

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 7, 2005, 11:34:43 pm »
You are not going to get general agreement on the sanction imposed as its a very complex area. 3 games seems fair to me.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 7, 2005, 11:44:31 pm »

Just yelling at the other player calling him an asshole or a fuck face is nothing. Racially abusing a player is not socially acceptable, and from what I can see, it doesn't happen all the time (I don't watch eastern european football though).

Yes, but why is that nothing? That's the big fault in this. I mean, if one player shouts abuse all the time and the other keeps shut only to react with a single racist word, it can't be right to say the first is part of the game but the racist thing is absolutely shocking behaviour.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #37 on: November 7, 2005, 11:52:40 pm »
Usual UEFA cop out really, didn't expect anything else.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ewok-red

• Anarchist, potentially violent but lacks bottle.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 7, 2005, 11:56:41 pm »
i was kinda holding out for a hanging at least
"the music isn't here to save the world, its there to save your life"  - skip jones, in 'stories we could tell' tony parsons, harper collins / qpd

Offline ElSheak

• Poster Boy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Royal Liverpool FC
« Reply #39 on: November 8, 2005, 12:01:05 am »
Kick racism out of football. Kick this fucking no mark out then! UEFA = Joke.

No example set.

Who's arsed about a three match ban? He aint.
"This very valuable asset..." No Tom. We are not an 'asset'. We are Liverpool Football Club.

Superlicious Istanbul 2005 poster – now available and seen here! (© Adrian Newell)