The Liverpool FC Forum > General Football and Sport

Why do we hate Souness?

Pages: << < (3/6) > >>

kkhaku:

--- Quote from: Acaustiq on October 20, 2005, 09:45:38 pm ---istvan kozma.

torben piechnik.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: kkhaku on October 20, 2005, 09:39:07 pm ---Agreed, but he also introduced Macca and Fowler.

--- End quote ---

theCanadian:

I wasn't a fan anywhere near the Souness management years, but from what I gather he completely fucked up the club by getting rid of class players and bringing in shite ones, while the Mancs were starting to gather steam.

Lush is the best medicine...:

--- Quote from: theCanadian on October 20, 2005, 10:51:22 pm ---I wasn't a fan anywhere near the Souness management years, but from what I gather he completely fucked up the club by getting rid of class players and bringing in shite ones, while the Mancs were starting to gather steam.

--- End quote ---

I think in christmas 1992 there was a very high likelihood of us going down from what I remember.

Mate of mine who is a Blackburn fan says that Souness doesn't like players who 'know they are good' - hence the fallouts with Cole, Dunn, Yorke etc

kkhaku:

What was with his 4 month managing spells all over Europe...Benfica was one of them I think.

ALPH1217:

Probably belongs in an all time Liverpool XI although he doesn't exactly endear himself to most of us. His managerial career at LFC was basically a failure although he seems to have no difficulty finding a job despite a lousy track record. Souness is clearly not a players manager and lacks any sort of charisma or personality IMO. When he decided to cooperate with The S*n he lost the respect of many of us and this is something that people around here aren't going to forget anytime soon.

Pages: << < (3/6) > >>

Go to full version