Author Topic: Liverpool 3 vs CSKA Moscow 1 Super Cup Win- Post match momments and what not  (Read 14056 times)

Offline His Nibs

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Great win although we played poorly at times. Liked to see cisse start more often. Worked hard to break moscow down and we will definitely see some sides park the bus against us so to speak in the EPL this season.

Ratings

Reina - 6.5
Looked comfortable while dealing with moscow's high balls but for a few errant clearances would have rated a 7

Carragher- 8.0
Immense and steady

Hyypia- 8.0
Looked liked a towering juggernaunt against vagner love. Great positional sense.

Risse- 7.0
Got caught out a few times but overlapped well with zenden on the left flank

Josemi- 7.5
Stalwart on the right flank but got outplayed by carvalhno a few times

Hamann-8.0
Great presence in the holding role and broke and held up play on numerous occasions

Zenden-6.5
Was an early option for the attack but moscow's defence was well up to the task of defending against the cross

Alonso- 7.5
Was our other initiator of attack in the 1st half.

Garcia-7.5
Was  wasteful in possession but made up for it in an assist and a goa;

Finnan-7.0
Steady influence on the right

Morientes-7.5
Worked his socks off, had to deal with 3 defenders

Sissoko- 8.5
Immense in midfield, definitely a player after viera. Breaks up play and runs at defenders

Cisse- 9.0
Made an immediate impact after coming on. Made the most of good passing from hamann and garcia.

Pongolle- 7.5
Flattered to deceive but gave us some needed pace on the right flank

Offline Obi Wan Gomi

• Would like to see more moustaches in the dressing room
  • Legacy Fan
  • we'll win it six times
A bit generous with the player ratings Nib, but all in all fair comments. Thought Hamann, Josemi and Cisse were our best players. Sissoko is definitely one to watch. Garcia's goal masked a below par performance, but at least he got involved, he clearly belongs in the middle.
77-78-81-84-05

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
A lot of mental work to be done still!! So much wrong mentality it was painful to watch at times! Garcia I could easily smack!!  But my oh my do we need Owen or what?? Well in lads we won!!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:52:08 pm by The Fletcher Memorial »
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline NY-AmericanRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Messiers...
Cisse for the two goals is man of the match...

Other than Gerrard, he's the player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck and carry us to a win.
"They're the New York Giants; all run and no fun"--my brother at the Giants-Eagles game, Nov. 20, 2005

ManU fans--your 1999 European Cup is safe and sound in our museum

Mark Messier--The Captain, The Legend, The Messiah...11 forever

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
Congratulations, once again, to all connected to LFC. It wasn't perfect but what the hell.

:champ

:)

Offline RedLiver

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC - Always the First, 8 trophies ahead
What's the commotion all about with regards to Cisse? What's all the fuss? What did who say that seems to have made many reds mad?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure....

- Marriane Williamson

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Just glad to win it after a stressful week,well in Cisse,our left side was woeful tonight,Risse and Zenden(when paired) have to get to speed fast..

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
This performance confirms to me how much we need to play 442. And also confirms how stupid a decision it would be to get rid of Cissé; he changed the game, and can score goals. If he goes, I will be outraged.

Good win, bit wobbly at times, but a good win and confidence booster for the lads. Always nice to go in to a break with a win.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Pheeny

A lot of mental work to be done still!! But my oh my do we need Owen or what?? Well in lads we won!!

Even though I'm one that wants Mikey back I find comments like that strange.What we need is a striker in form.Erm like one that will score 2 and set up one...

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
Liverpool - some other lot, Super Cup Goals
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 10:52:26 pm »
Try and get hold of some better quality versions in a bit, these are decent enough though.

Cisse's 1st.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=28UH0FXU

Cisse's 2nd.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=24HBO004

Garcia.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=22P9O16V
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 10:59:03 pm by Acaustiq »
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
Congratulations, once again, to all connected to LFC. It wasn't perfect but what the hell.

:champ

:)

Hear hear!  8)
Blame Canada!

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
Below par performance but we deserved to win and it's another cup, I'm delighted. Great to see Carra lift the cup as well.   :)

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
What's the commotion all about with regards to Cisse? What's all the fuss? What did who say that seems to have made many reds mad?
ITV reporter asked him directly the Owen question.

Offline RedLiver

• Main Stander
Morientez, Finnan, Hamann, were disappointing - I think they slowed down the match. Why does Morientez hesitate to run forward at defenders like Cisse did? Cisse seems always eager to chase after loose balls and be at the end of passes and crosses upfront, but surely the others should know they need to be up there too? Chance favours the prepared player and Cisse got his chances.

- Marriane Williamson

Offline Carra23

• Legacy Fan
When is the home-coming parade?

;)
Sent from my laptop using my fingers to type

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Lets not kid ourselves, this was a dire performance and a dire game we were lucky to win. Also, I’m not going to blame just the players. Zenden and Garcia were poor all night, with neither offering width. Finnan who started on the right looked like a fullback converted to the wing, quelle surprise. He would later be subbed abd replaced by Garcia. Garcia is not a winger and to expect him to play the traditional right-winger is unfair. Zenden is more worrying. Brought in to offer guile and crossing skill, so far he has done neither. Essentially, during the summer, we have strengthened areas we were already strong in (midfield and goals – Carson is as good as any premier keeper and Dudek, the much maligned is more than capable). Both Reina and Sissoko are fine players, but these weren’t the positions we needed players in. we also bought Crouch and a raft of kids who won’t see first team action for two to three years. The jury is still out on Crouch, but since we already have a top class targetman in  Morientes, I don’t see why we needed another striker.

So to the game and the problems from last year are still in evidence. With lack of quality on the wings (can either Riise, Zenden or Garcia knock in a semi-decent cross? The best cross of the night was from Cisse) Morientes was left to forage on scraps, throwing himself stupidly at balls straight down the middle, chasing back to help his midfield, meaning there was no forward option, even having to chase and harrying 4 defenders on his own. Totally daft. In the middle, Alonso and Hamann were in complete control. Defensively, Josemi was good for half an hour before lack of matches caught up to him. Thereafter he looked out of puff and consistently fouled Moscows best player Carvalho, giving away a series of needless free kicks. Hyppia was leaden footed and highlighted the urgent need for a new centreback. Carragher was Carragher, performing heroics. Riise and Zenden both had a go at fullback and left wing, neither convinced. Finnan was dogged but uninspired on the right, while Garcia was awful.

My biggest concern is with the manager’s substitutions. Why replace Alonso, our most creative player with a destroyer like Sissoko? Our problems were not in the middle. Finnan went off for Pongolle. Not a bad option, accept of course Pongolle is totally match unfit and what was really needed (obvious to anyone watching) was pace to get behind the defence. When Cisse finally came on, his impact was immense. Two goals and an assist says it all. On a personal, I think it would be criminal to sell Cisse, even if it was to fund a right winger and centreback. Before anyone starts suggesting this would be a good idea, I would like to point out that it’s the mark of a mickey mouse club to sell key personnel to fund the purchase of replacements.

Sadly, it looks like this season will closely follow the last. Turgid, uninspired football, bogged down in the middle of the park stuff. Fine against the big boys who will come out to play, but I fully expect us to scrape bad draws and concede three points in piss poor one nils to player heavy defences we will be incapable of breaking down. That’s right, prepare for another season of ‘analysts’ bemoaning our lack of width, cutting edge and pace in defence. And to be perfectly honest, they are right.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
ITV commentator asked him directly the Owen question.

what a c*nt  :wanker
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We lacked that spark when Gerrard is there. Very little in the way of creativity. Cisse and Sissoko made a huge impact and injected much needed pace.

And the centre back crisis looms. Hyypia can't last very long.

Less said about Garcia the better.

Anyhow, thats one Russian target downed. The next is Abramovic when we nail his Chelsea's ass against the wall in Sept  >:(
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline JoeK210185

• Legacy Fan
  • The Dirk-horse, Benno Magic
Re: Liverpool - some other lot, Super Cup Goals
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 10:54:36 pm »
ta fella, u got any other from other games? i still need all 6 goals from the bul
fuck u moyes you fucking bugeyed c*nt

YNWA
                              JFT96

Offline Obi Wan Gomi

• Would like to see more moustaches in the dressing room
  • Legacy Fan
  • we'll win it six times

what exactly was asked? as in, do you think owen will come back? or where do you think your future lies etc?

and how did cisse respond?
77-78-81-84-05

Offline Sinos

• itis
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Even though I'm one that wants Mikey back I find comments like that strange.What we need is a striker in form.Erm like one that will score 2 and set up one...

Hear hear!
My ass cheeks clapped together louder than an excited Latino man with maracas... I had just laid the mightiest fudge dragon ever known to mankind in its very own water bath.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/tybuq/did_you_ever_think_you_were_going_to_die_from_a/

Offline Woodbury

• Where's my toque eh?
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool - some other lot, Super Cup Goals
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2005, 10:56:51 pm »
Put the goals up a bit quicker next time, would yeh? ;)

Cheers, fella.  :wave
Blame Canada!

Offline bigman1981

• For men
  • Legacy Fan
  • OOT wool - but just can't help loving LFC!

My biggest concern is with the manager’s substitutions. Why replace Alonso

Because he picked up a knock.  The doc was straight over to him once he had sat down on the bench.

Nothing to worry about though apparently.
Red Forever!!!!!

Pheeny

Offline -Gianni-

• Would have wood if Tiger Woods would
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rafa was asked, Does Cisses long term future lie here? "i want to go and get the cup now" was the reply.

I think he's going and ill be absolutley gutted  :(
So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find

Agreed sir! Owen AND Cisse will do!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Lets not kid ourselves, this was a dire performance and a dire game we were lucky to win. Also, I’m not going to blame just the players. Zenden and Garcia were poor all night, with neither offering width. Finnan who started on the right looked like a fullback converted to the wing, quelle surprise. He would later be subbed abd replaced by Garcia. Garcia is not a winger and to expect him to play the traditional right-winger is unfair. Zenden is more worrying. Brought in to offer guile and crossing skill, so far he has done neither. Essentially, during the summer, we have strengthened areas we were already strong in (midfield and goals – Carson is as good as any premier keeper and Dudek, the much maligned is more than capable). Both Reina and Sissoko are fine players, but these weren’t the positions we needed players in. we also bought Crouch and a raft of kids who won’t see first team action for two to three years. The jury is still out on Crouch, but since we already have a top class targetman in  Morientes, I don’t see why we needed another striker.

So to the game and the problems from last year are still in evidence. With lack of quality on the wings (can either Riise, Zenden or Garcia knock in a semi-decent cross? The best cross of the night was from Cisse) Morientes was left to forage on scraps, throwing himself stupidly at balls straight down the middle, chasing back to help his midfield, meaning there was no forward option, even having to chase and harrying 4 defenders on his own. Totally daft. In the middle, Alonso and Hamann were in complete control. Defensively, Josemi was good for half an hour before lack of matches caught up to him. Thereafter he looked out of puff and consistently fouled Moscows best player Carvalho, giving away a series of needless free kicks. Hyppia was leaden footed and highlighted the urgent need for a new centreback. Carragher was Carragher, performing heroics. Riise and Zenden both had a go at fullback and left wing, neither convinced. Finnan was dogged but uninspired on the right, while Garcia was awful.

My biggest concern is with the manager’s substitutions. Why replace Alonso, our most creative player with a destroyer like Sissoko? Our problems were not in the middle. Finnan went off for Pongolle. Not a bad option, accept of course Pongolle is totally match unfit and what was really needed (obvious to anyone watching) was pace to get behind the defence. When Cisse finally came on, his impact was immense. Two goals and an assist says it all. On a personal, I think it would be criminal to sell Cisse, even if it was to fund a right winger and centreback. Before anyone starts suggesting this would be a good idea, I would like to point out that it’s the mark of a mickey mouse club to sell key personnel to fund the purchase of replacements.

Sadly, it looks like this season will closely follow the last. Turgid, uninspired football, bogged down in the middle of the park stuff. Fine against the big boys who will come out to play, but I fully expect us to scrape bad draws and concede three points in piss poor one nils to player heavy defences we will be incapable of breaking down. That’s right, prepare for another season of ‘analysts’ bemoaning our lack of width, cutting edge and pace in defence. And to be perfectly honest, they are right.

Will that mean more turgid uninspired posts like this when we win trophies?

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Very generous, we played to CSKA level.....

But fuck it!!! Euro trphey number 11 :champ :champ :champ
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
'Morientes-7.5
Worked his socks off, had to deal with 3 defenders'

You are quite mad arent you.

Every game a disgraceful performance. Looked like he couldnt have cared less
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline snez1

• Kopite
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
Very Generous mate.  I'd go

Reina - Did pretty well bar a couple of clearences and maybe on the goal.  6

Josemi - Good irst half, fucking woeful second half/extra time.  Needs to stop diving in.  Carvalho killed him.  5

Sami - Not great on the goal but i never saw Vagner Love.  6

Carra - Carra.  7

JAR - Piss poor distribution, worked hard but no end product.  5

Finn - Did alright out of position. 6

Xabi - Xabi.  7

Didi - Great ball for Djibbers on third goal but was understandably rusty.  6

Zenden - Fucking awful.  Not seen him beat a man yet and was very very poor tonight.  No guile, pace or creativity.  So average it hurts.  4

Nando - Looked bright first half, dissapeared thereafter.  5

Luis - Kept going but should have bagged a couple more. Infuriating at times but scored again.  6

Subs:

Sissoko - Fucking quality....again.  Was excelletn in the tackle and used it well.  What a player he will be.  He's been my MOM in all 4 starts and was't far off again on tonights cameo.  7

Flo - Looked rusty but at least tried things and looked a threat.  1 great piece of skill.  6

Djibbers - Fucking made up for him.  He plays up front he scores.  Not the most natural finisher but worked hard, loves the club and i pray he won't go.  Got to love the guy.  Great cross for Luis too.  8

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
what exactly was asked? as in, do you think owen will come back? or where do you think your future lies etc?

and how did cisse respond?
He asked both basically but Cisse was quite diplomatic,was an awful question to ask him though djrib stated he wants to stay,will be sad if he is forced out.

Offline bigman1981

• For men
  • Legacy Fan
  • OOT wool - but just can't help loving LFC!
'Morientes-7.5

Agree, but REALLY hope that he shows why we brought him soon.

He looks very sluggish and lazy at the moment.
Red Forever!!!!!

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
horrible to watch - relief at the end.

Very poor performance until Pongo and in particular djib brought soemthing different to the game. I don't think we will make any money from the DVD sales!
Internet terrorist

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
ITV commentators have been a bunch of shite all night.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
'Morientes-7.5

Every game a disgraceful negative remark about a man who can't find his form but is trying his hardest.

Offline RedLiver

• Main Stander

You see, there are entities out there who seek to bring about our downfall by creating disunity. If you think ITV is bad, you should watch the blokes at ESPN going on and on and saying how the current Liverpool team is unlike the team of the 70s and 80s and that Rafa needs to bring Owen back.

Take note though that these voices say fuck all when a team is lingering in dire straits; but the moment a team has won major trophies like Liverpool did, suddenly all these fuckers come forward to lend their views and create discontent - it's easier to comment on a winning team so that anything you say that's worthless is disguised by the subject-team's triumphs. What they should do is to ask Mourinho right to his face if he could have got us the CL cup had he been manager for Liverpool. I bet he'll provide us with a super-long explanation that puts judegements by the House of Lords to shame.

- Marriane Williamson

Pheeny

horrible to watch - relief at the end.

Very poor performance until Pongo and in particular djib brought soemthing different to the game. I don't think we will make any money from the DVD sales!
I thought Pongo brought nowt to the game.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
ITV commentators have been a bunch of shite all night.

As my deleted post said - ITV are gobshites....no need for them to go on the way they did...very poor..
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
why?

The man has an uncertain future (doesn't look good given rafa's constant question dodging), and the commentator is asking him if he would like owen back.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Perhaps we need to take off the red glasses and realise how poor we look. We were awful and none of the problems from last year are resolved. Slow in defence, wank on the wings.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...