Author Topic: Anyone At The Game Record YNWA at Half Time at Ataturk?  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Anyone At The Game Record YNWA at Half Time at Ataturk?
« on: June 3, 2005, 02:32:12 am »
I will pay money for this ;D and im sure others would like a copy of it as well.

Those with video cameras on the whole match, any chance you can take the segment from your shots and upload that?

I really have to have this, sky sports doesn't do it any justice, really has to be inside the people for this one.

Thanks in advance  :wave
« Last Edit: June 4, 2005, 01:58:42 pm by Rushian »
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: ## Anyone At The Game Record YNWA at Half Time at Aturak? ##
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2005, 02:40:14 am »
I will pay money for this ;D and im sure others would like a copy of it as well.

Count me in!! 

And thanks in advance!

Offline ThingOnASpring

• Legacy Fan
  • Young man! There's no need to feel down.
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2005, 02:54:51 am »
very very very good call
Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2005, 04:55:23 am »
I reckon this rendition, if it has been recorded to a decent quality level, should be released as a single.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #4 on: June 3, 2005, 07:10:54 am »
Yeah, would make a cracking single!

That YNWA was just incredibly emotional and the turning point of it all in my opinion. All Kopites merging to one soul, gave us all of our strength back, and straight afterwards "4-3! We're gonna win 4-3, we're gonna win 4-3, we're gonna win 4-3". That was it, we were 3-0 down, rather certain about losing, but nevermind, we were just gonna have it, weren't we?

Jan
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 3, 2005, 10:16:53 am »
one of the proudest moments of my life, doubt anyone would have recorded it though as most were just swept up in the emotion of it, everyoen joining in.

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
  • The best day of my life
« Reply #6 on: June 3, 2005, 10:21:53 am »
I would love to see a Video of it, my proudest moment as a Red!
One life, one love, one LIVERPOOL FC

Offline JOELFC

• Main Stander
  • I like that..i like it a lot
« Reply #7 on: June 3, 2005, 11:06:49 am »
I will never forget the half-time YNWA....the Italians were looking at us as if we were mad....i have the YNWA when we lifted the cup captured on my mobile,it makes splendid listening.....i listen to it before i go to bed....sweet dreams....haven't got a clue how to get it from mobile to computer tho!!

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #8 on: June 3, 2005, 11:09:07 am »
would also be good to get the extremely optimistic "wer gonna win 4-3, wer gonna win 4-3!!" just before YNWA
"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #9 on: June 3, 2005, 12:03:37 pm »
Still hopeful  :wave
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 3, 2005, 12:12:21 pm »
Yeah, would make a cracking single!

That YNWA was just incredibly emotional and the turning point of it all in my opinion. All Kopites merging to one soul, gave us all of our strength back, and straight afterwards "4-3! We're gonna win 4-3, we're gonna win 4-3, we're gonna win 4-3". That was it, we were 3-0 down, rather certain about losing, but nevermind, we were just gonna have it, weren't we?

Jan

it was written in the stars, Jan.  At least that is what I have come around to believing.  I suspect that many Milan players now hold on to that notion as well.  Even if we had been 4 nil down at half time, i think we would have come back. When Dudek made his extraordinary double save, I just couldn't take it in.  At that point, I could see it written in the stars  :)

Yes, the rendition of YNWA at half time, with 'we're gonna win 4-3 tagged on at the end of the mix' would make an awesome single.  Even if we can't have it released as a single, it would be well worth our while to find a good sound mixer/engineer in here, to splice and remix the audio and let us all have a copy for old times sakes.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 3, 2005, 12:30:47 pm »
one of the proudest moments of my life, doubt anyone would have recorded it though as most were just swept up in the emotion of it, everyoen joining in.

sky and itv are bound to have background stadium audio feeds from various mics around the ground.  The audio will be out there, somewhere....tho the question will be if the quality of the recording is good enough

Offline Aidan_B

• Trust me, I am a doctor. HJC Champions - Nov 2003
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gone, perhaps forgotten
    • EnviroBuild
« Reply #12 on: June 3, 2005, 12:53:52 pm »
I am sure that there was some lad in our section with a digital camcorder at that moment.  Fuck knows who he was, but it'll be out there somewhere.

Offline eoa106

• Kopite
    • East of Anfield
« Reply #13 on: June 3, 2005, 12:53:58 pm »
it was written in the stars, Jan.  At least that is what I have come around to believing.

I share your view - it was written in the stars. I'm not a religious person, and I have never thought much about concepts such as "fate" and "destiny" before, but after our CL campaign this season I do. There were also enormously many signs of us winning prior to this match, and I discovered one such sign myself a few days before the match. I'd been taking some pictures inside the magnificent Aya Sofia in Sultanahmet, and afterwards when looking through the pictures I particularly noticed this one:

I just kept seeing five everywhere I looked!! What happened in Istanbul was just magical and I feel extremely privileged to have been a part of it.

Jan
East of Anfield - Proud Territory of the People's Republic of Liverpool!

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: June 4, 2005, 12:52:48 pm »
Half time YNWA live on German Telly !!!!!!!!!

The German subscription pay channel "Premiere" televised the match live with the option of English original commentary (I think it was ITV, cause when I watched a summary I could not hear "threenildownitsalloverandygray"). This channel does not show any advertising and even at half time, when the analysis is over, they just show pics of the inside of the ground including background stadium audio feeds around the ground. I programmed the video before I went to Istanbul, but as you know, when I returned I had to realise it did not work!!! I told my cousin on the phone later about YNWA at half time and that this was the root for our players to fight back. He replied that he knew because that was live on the telly here in Germany and he could not believe what he was hearing. Of course he didn't record the match !!! (sorry must be running in the family).

Anyway, as I have a subscription for Premiere and also have some business connection to the channel I do my very best to get hold of a copy. No worries, if I am successfull I will return to this forum to let you know.

P.S. The fact that Premiere just let the broadcast continue at half time can be very funny at times. The commentators leave theirs mics on and are not aware that other countries' channels let them stay on air. The dialogues between commentator and co-commentator in the past have included things like "...bit boring this game in't it?...Yeah, dull..what a bore! But we are here now and need to get it over and done with", "You got something to eat?...You can have my apple if you like....No, I fancy a Mars bar or something...No you had them all before." ...

Carsten

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2005, 12:56:11 pm »
CN23. That got a guy here in alot of trouble last season. Ron atkinson didn't realise that his mic was still on and said a racist remark. He of course got the sack

Offline Redordead

• Legacy Fan
  • Rarely visits North Korea these days
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2005, 12:56:18 pm »

Is right!

Houses smell of mushy peas, cat piss, dope and (in the more extreme cases in West Yorks) ammunition.  Wives look like scarred pitbull terriers.  Children are feral, resembling hungry monkeys.  Bloke wears vests a lot.  Tracksuit bottoms.  Slippers.  Few tattoos.  Wishes he'd joined the army, pretends he was a Para.  Spends too much time wanking...

Offline Redordead

• Legacy Fan
  • Rarely visits North Korea these days
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2005, 01:01:12 pm »
Half time YNWA live on German Telly !!!!!!!!!

The German subscription pay channel "Premiere" televised the match live with the option of English original commentary (I think it was ITV, cause when I watched a summary I could not hear "threenildownitsalloverandygray"). This channel does not show any advertising and even at half time, when the analysis is over, they just show pics of the inside of the ground including background stadium audio feeds around the ground. I programmed the video before I went to Istanbul, but as you know, when I returned I had to realise it did not work!!! I told my cousin on the phone later about YNWA at half time and that this was the root for our players to fight back. He replied that he knew because that was live on the telly here in Germany and he could not believe what he was hearing. Of course he didn't record the match !!! (sorry must be running in the family).

Anyway, as I have a subscription for Premiere and also have some business connection to the channel I do my very best to get hold of a copy. No worries, if I am successfull I will return to this forum to let you know.

P.S. The fact that Premiere just let the broadcast continue at half time can be very funny at times. The commentators leave theirs mics on and are not aware that other countries' channels let them stay on air. The dialogues between commentator and co-commentator in the past have included things like "...bit boring this game in't it?...Yeah, dull..what a bore! But we are here now and need to get it over and done with", "You got something to eat?...You can have my apple if you like....No, I fancy a Mars bar or something...No you had them all before." ...

Carsten

I've noticed that, watching a ppv game in the states, just left the cameras rolling at half time to allow an atmosphere to build.  If anyone could get a hold of this and upload it it would ace.

And you are right about the commentators too, as thats how Ron the racist was caught out last year!
Houses smell of mushy peas, cat piss, dope and (in the more extreme cases in West Yorks) ammunition.  Wives look like scarred pitbull terriers.  Children are feral, resembling hungry monkeys.  Bloke wears vests a lot.  Tracksuit bottoms.  Slippers.  Few tattoos.  Wishes he'd joined the army, pretends he was a Para.  Spends too much time wanking...

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #18 on: June 4, 2005, 01:16:56 pm »
Actually in my 30 odd years going to the game that was the most emotional YNWA Ive ever sung....until about an hour later

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: June 4, 2005, 01:52:56 pm »
cant wait for it to be uploaded if it can be done CN23

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anyone At The Game Record YNWA at Half Time at Ataturk?
« Reply #20 on: June 4, 2005, 03:25:00 pm »
I share your view - it was written in the stars. I'm not a religious person, and I have never thought much about concepts such as "fate" and "destiny" before, but after our CL campaign this season I do. There were also enormously many signs of us winning prior to this match, and I discovered one such sign myself a few days before the match. I'd been taking some pictures inside the magnificent Aya Sofia in Sultanahmet, and afterwards when looking through the pictures I particularly noticed this one:

I just kept seeing five everywhere I looked!! What happened in Istanbul was just magical and I feel extremely privileged to have been a part of it.

Jan

beautiful pic, Jan.....that looks to be a beautiful old building.  And I see the five aspect you mentioned.

It just all seems to have been pre-destined.  I was away on holiday (on a tiny island) and had to make do with watching the first half on my own in an empty tiny hotel tv room.  I watched the second half down in a bar/internet cafe, with about 12 locals around me, and all the commentary on the giant screen all in Portuguese (with a Brazilian flavour).  I had to curtail my normal hoo haaing and sudden outbursts of fist thumping.....not to mention my normal hiding behind the sofa moments.  But on the big moments, eg our goals, and the penalty shoot out, I was bursting out of my chair and punching the air.  And once it was over, I just sat for 20 minutes with quiet tears running down my cheeks.

But I was pretty sure when I saw the Dudek save at the end of extra time.  I watched that save again a few times last night.  And I still cannot believe how the milan lad didn't score the rebound.  He didn't take the time to compose himself.  He had plenty of time to pick his spot or even bring it down and take a few touches.  Looking at it again, it was far far easier to score.

Our name was on the trophy (yet again :)  )

Offline mikeh

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: June 4, 2005, 08:15:48 pm »
I recorded it  ;D ill just upload to yousendit  :wave
:wellin

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 4, 2005, 08:29:23 pm »

YES! ;D Looking forward to hearing it. Many, many thanks in advance mate! :wave
"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline ScouserTom

• Kopite
« Reply #23 on: June 4, 2005, 08:31:05 pm »
cani get in on the action? ;)

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #24 on: June 4, 2005, 08:38:05 pm »
is there a link?
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 4, 2005, 08:45:50 pm »
is there a link?

Alas, not yet.  The anticipation is growing ever more.... 

Rafa’s Receding Hair- Oi, you've got us all excited now, you TEASE! ;) ;D   

"Anfield had surpassed the noise level of Stamford Bridge half an hour before kick-off and the Kop was only a quarter full. Packed, it proved an awesome 12th man." Andy Hunter

Offline misskopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: June 4, 2005, 08:57:32 pm »
;) That's the idea. Nah lol 44mb, its taking its time uploading  >:(

Should get there shortly

Hehe cheeky. Aw it's ok, yeah it can be a fussy site. We shall wait patiently then or try to anyway ;D.

Thank you for doing this by the way! :)

Offline The Bill Hicks Appreciation Society

• It's not much I know, but this is the best Barney could come up with at short notice. Too tight to buy his own cross-dressing gear. AKA 'Condomhead'. Has apparently had Elton John.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Lest we forget
    • Check out my RedmenTV Blogs
« Reply #27 on: June 4, 2005, 08:59:21 pm »
44mb ffs, that'll take years on 56k, any chance you can stick it on a cd and send it to us. naturally i'll pay all costs. purdy please ;)
Please take a look at my latest blog for theredmentv "Dispelling the Rodgers/Martinez myth" http://www.theredmentv.com/blog/p/263 All other blogs can be read at www.theredmentv.com/blog Let me know your thoughts

Offline OOT'erConnie

• ...but I'm alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: June 4, 2005, 09:33:49 pm »
RRH, I think he means can you put it on a disk because he has 56k. Not you have 56k

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 4, 2005, 09:56:55 pm »

I recorded five different versions. :D In my sig...

:mooncat

87:13

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: June 4, 2005, 10:34:52 pm »
well in for that fella.

Offline MasterJ

• Kopite
  • "IDALGO"
« Reply #31 on: June 4, 2005, 11:00:49 pm »
The clips looked brilliant, mate. Must've been amazing being there in person.

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2005, 11:02:33 pm »
We were sat in block 351, right on the end upto the fence, on the other side the milan supporters. At half time, ignoring the Italian stewards trying to stop us, me and my son stood right up to the fence for the Milan fans to see us. The left hand side of their goal end fans directed their singing right towards us. Then we started with YNWA and we really gave it back to them. Never enjoyed singing that song as much as we did at half time that night. They must have thought 'what the fuck have we got to do to shut this lot up'?
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline MasterJ

• Kopite
  • "IDALGO"
« Reply #33 on: June 4, 2005, 11:36:55 pm »
You know what, they Italians were probly singing there hearts out and would've probly sung-out any other opposition crowd but ours were simply louder and better! They probably didn't know what hit 'em!

Offline The Albert Cock

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 4, 2005, 11:39:28 pm »
Best game i've been to in me life mate, it was incredible, a miracle unfolding in front of your very own eyes.

thats exactly what i said mate.  Dont think I will expereince anything like that again no matter if we went onto win the league and euro cup every year.

it WAS a fucking miracle man, fucking brilliant, I could hardly breathe th enext day I was so emotionally drained with it all.

Offline christhekopite69

• Main Stander
    • Patrington C.C
« Reply #35 on: June 5, 2005, 12:09:02 am »
absolute class...cheers mate for taking the time to put them together...Excellent :)
CHEERS !!  :D :D

Offline Sub

• Has a duck like a chicken
  • Legacy Fan
  • For sure.
« Reply #36 on: June 5, 2005, 12:15:20 am »
great clips them lad, well in  :)
'Football is a lie' - Rafael Benitez.

Offline christhekopite69

• Main Stander
    • Patrington C.C
« Reply #37 on: June 5, 2005, 12:29:45 am »
i wonder how many people in the world will have said 'i wish i was there'.......it looks fuckin awesome.me uncle went and brought me back one of those little red champions league ball things (not sure if u'll have seen em) but at first i thought bloody hell biggest final in the world and this is all he'd brought me as a momento (obviously tried not to show it) but then he sed have u opened it...and it has one of the flags in with 'Istanbul: The Final 2005' on it and said that u could only get them in Istanbul.......woz well made up ;D ;D and i think i'm gunna keep it in bedroom window until it's too brittle to hang there :).....i well hope i can go to something like that when i'm older.....but thanks Rafa's Receding Hair because you've made a lot of people feel as if they were actually there and closest we could possibly get to being there. Cheers Mate ynwa
« Last Edit: June 5, 2005, 12:31:49 am by christhekopite69 »

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #38 on: June 5, 2005, 01:00:49 am »
An amazing moment - not sure how many got it on camera. It was the moment when hope was resotred for me. I remember standing on my seat and thinking an early goal would send this end of the ground bonkers. Apparantly the players heard it in the dressing room too and that lifted a few heads.

I remember looking straight at the Italians and while we were singing YNWA the cameras were flashing everywhere at the Italian end.

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #39 on: June 5, 2005, 01:43:54 am »
Here's a clip from the Albert before the Chelsea home game if anyone wants it :D

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1QUWGLBWJK7BT2XLYJU2JV8VM9
fuckin love it,cheers la.

Y.N.W.A................J.F.T.96.
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.