Author Topic: Arsenal - all the build up  (Read 19201 times)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
Arsenal - all the build up
« on: May 7, 2005, 12:41:07 am »
Right guys. I think we've all been distracted by so many other things. I'm not going to mention them here at all because this is about the upcoming match against the Gooners. It goes without saying that it is a must win - now how many times has that been said this year.

I really hope the Magpies do themselves and us a favour tomorrow. Now if they do i hope we dont have yet another European hang-over. The worst thing about the hang-overs is that they always follow a Bitters defeat. We should have taken fourth by the scruff of the neck ages ago. Apart from the fact that it holds an automatic CL place it also means that we finish above the Bitters. Nobody at this club thinks that the Bitters are better than us, its just that we have had an injury ravaged season with a new manager, new players etc. But in the end, this is Liverpool FC - the most successful club in England - we always want to do as well as possible.

It is refreshing that a winning mentality now seems to be coming back to the club. For too many seasons we've languished way behind the likes of the Arsenal, the Mancs and now even Chelsea. We have to start doing better, especially away..so what better place than Highbury.

So do we need a reason to beat them. No. But there are many. Wengers moaning about us should do the trick. It will be good to do the double over Arsenal. And it will show that this club really has been awoken from its slumber.

We now have a healthier squad than ever before. We have more options and possibilities. And players are playing better. And now they are competing for places in the final. Good of Rafa to remind them. Rafa also stated that he doesnt need to utilise his rotating policy as much. So now the first 11 will get more chance to play alongside each other. Its starting to look good.

We have to go for a win at Highbury. It will keep the pressure on the bitters. I'm not sure if Rafa will employ  three in the middle - but thats what he did at Anfield so maybe that'll be the idea on Sunday. Will he start with Cisse, Baros or both...and what about El Moro - maybe its his turn to be suber sub...gosh to think that we have three strikers finally vying for a place is a mouth watering prospect. Will HK take over from JAR or not - i think for the time being he'll be used as a sub.

So finally, the eleven for Sunday

Dudek
Finnan Carra Hypia Traore
         Hamann Alonso
  Garcia      Gerrard      Risse
                Cisse?

Subs: Baros, El Moro, HK, Biscan/Nunez, Carson

Gosh, for once theres players even fighting for a place on the bench..and have you seen our bench..gosh that'll be enough to scare anyone of

The good times are back :)

:scarf Come on you Mighty Reds  :scarf

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal - all the build up
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2005, 12:44:30 am »
I think harry will start but I said the same for the CHEAKSKI  game,he did ok tuesday night looked more lively than he has been allseason

Offline Crazy-Horse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2005, 12:45:03 am »
              Dudek.

Finn.   Sami.  Carra.  Djimi

Garcia. Alonso. Gerrard. Riise.

Morientes

Cisse

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2005, 12:47:07 am »
              Dudek.

Finn.   Sami.  Carra.  Djimi

Morientes

Cisse

i'd go with that, but swap kewell for riise... he needs a rest, kewell needs games and also looks as though he's finding form! he's impressed me in the last few mins he's played in the previous couple of games!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 7, 2005, 12:47:25 am »
              Dudek.

Finn.   Sami.  Carra.  Djimi

Morientes

Cisse

I like that team to but maybe Rafa may keep Moro on the bench..its way too exciting just thinking about it. I do think we have a good chance on Sunday. Its all about who wants it most.

I think that Henry and Ljungberg are ruled out on sunday. So come on you Mighty Reds.
Show no mercy!

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 7, 2005, 12:49:07 am »
I think JAR will get  a rest after his striptease;D  we will see m8s. :)

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 7, 2005, 12:51:04 am »
Henery diff out,  he will be lucky to make cup final.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #7 on: May 7, 2005, 12:52:35 am »
                    Dudek
Finnan Carra Hypia Riise
         Hamann Alonso
  Garcia      Gerrard      Kewell
                Baros
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 7, 2005, 12:52:39 am »
I think JAR will get  a rest after his striptease;D  we will see m8s. :)

I'm beginning to think that too, but it was his bursting run and pass to Stevie G that led to 'that' goal. So if HK is given a chance he better spill some blood and guts too. The time for dilly dallying is over. I think Rafa will start to show his ruthless streak if he doesnt get total commitment from now on.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 7, 2005, 12:53:12 am »
i'm glad he's not playing- but last time round we seemed to contain him- oh shit, i forgot that shot he had from the half way line  ;) :D... seriously though, brilliant that he's not playing, nor is ljunberg- hopefully van persie doesn't do too well... hope henry's fit for the final- oh how i wish he scores 4 past the mancs in that final...
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: May 7, 2005, 12:57:44 am »
I'm of the opinion we sould just go for it, at the risk of suffering a heavy defeat against a very good side.  Think the very best we can hope for re the bitters is for the Toon to grab a draw, but in reality I think Everton will win.  Upon which we may as well take a chance and lose 4-0 as opposed to 1-0.

Yes we should've had things tied up re 4th place, but we haven't, and Everton have gained more points than us, so they deserve to be where they are in the league.

Good thing for us is that Henry is struggling.  Anyway, we shouldn't be afraid of any team, given recent heroics.

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 7, 2005, 01:04:29 am »
I'm beginning to think that too, but it was his bursting run and pass to Stevie G that led to 'that' goal. So if HK is given a chance he better spill some blood and guts too. The time for dilly dallying is over. I think Rafa will start to show his ruthless streak if he doesnt get total commitment from now on.

Ye JAR he was fucking awsome,it will be  a risk to start with harry but he looked lively last 2 games if  alittle match unfit, hope he comes on at least if not starts,can only be a good thing for us.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 7, 2005, 01:06:27 am »
I'm of the opinion we sould just go for it, at the risk of suffering a heavy defeat against a very good side.  Think the very best we can hope for re the bitters is for the Toon to grab a draw, but in reality I think Everton will win.  Upon which we may as well take a chance and lose 4-0 as opposed to 1-0.

Yes we should've had things tied up re 4th place, but we haven't, and Everton have gained more points than us, so they deserve to be where they are in the league.

Good thing for us is that Henry is struggling.  Anyway, we shouldn't be afraid of any team, given recent heroics.

i dont think that we're going to suffer heavy defeats from anyone. I actually think that we have a damn good chance of winning. I think Baros, Cisse, El Moro, HK, Garcia will be a handful. And then theres one Xabi Alonso, and one Stevie G. If we're tight at the back we'll get chances that we must take.

The only thing is that they'll have an extra incentive to beat us - Finalists of the Champions League 2005...how often do you get to play teams like that in the EPL...once in 20 years is it...but we have so much quality on the park we need to start stamping our authority in matches.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 7, 2005, 01:07:21 am »
i think he should start... he seems to be on his way back... he's lost weight, looks more comfortable on the ball, and most importantly, HE SEEMS AS THOUGH HE CAN BE ARSED!!!!!! come on harry! give us a goal on sunday!

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 7, 2005, 01:10:12 am »
i think he should start... he seems to be on his way back... he's lost weight, looks more comfortable on the ball, and most importantly, HE SEEMS AS THOUGH HE CAN BE ARSED!!!!!! come on harry! give us a goal on sunday!

yeah come on mr Kewl 8)

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 7, 2005, 01:13:27 am »
Last moment of magic from harry I can remember from  was verse leeds last season,he can do it again verse the ARSE,his flucky header goal this season dosent count as a Kewell goal in my book ;D

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2005, 01:19:38 am »
i dont think that we're going to suffer heavy defeats from anyone. I actually think that we have a damn good chance of winning. I think Baros, Cisse, El Moro, HK, Garcia will be a handful. And then theres one Xabi Alonso, and one Stevie G. If we're tight at the back we'll get chances that we must take.

The only thing is that they'll have an extra incentive to beat us - Finalists of the Champions League 2005...how often do you get to play teams like that in the EPL...once in 20 years is it...but we have so much quality on the park we need to start stamping our authority in matches.

No, my main point relates to the fact that we should attack and go for it, as opposed to playing cat and mouse like we have done against fairly shitty teams this season - won't name them, 'cos we know who they are.  The point being that if we do play all out attack and get it wrong, Arsenal are good enough to pick us off.

Irrelevant anyway if Everton win tomorrow (or later today), as I think they'll then get their point needed in one of their last two games, even if we beat Arsenal & Villa.

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2005, 01:23:06 am »
Dont write  Newcastle off just yet, they have a better squad than the bitters. :wave
« Last Edit: May 7, 2005, 01:30:10 am by JohnnyAldridgefan »

Offline JohnSullie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2005, 01:40:43 am »
One more thing I expect Mori up front,  I think Rafa will stick with him although I would like to see Cisse hard to know how fit he is although he did play great tuesday,but then again Rafa, might suprise us all and play 2 up top(doubtful)

Offline Abhishek

• Kemlynite
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2005, 02:49:34 am »
I expect Harry to start, as Riise must be well and truly knackered aftr Tuesday.

Hope to see Mori-Cisse, but I doubt Rafa'll risk it at this stage...Hope we're more direct, but also aware of Arse on the counter. We look to be quite able in that aspect, after the number of times we've nullifed Chelsea even with a fit Duff/Robben.

I expect an intermediate/slow tempo to frustrate them, which is why Xabi is vital, perhaps Hamann at a later stage if it all goes well.

I doubt the euphoria of Tuesday will have worn off, but I'll still be up for this one :).

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2005, 03:22:17 am »
cant afford a draw so 2 strikers. big effort from kewelly
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline ecmdtan

• Legacy Fan
  • Lurker
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2005, 04:11:50 am »
Pelle and Moro will start.  Don't know is Cisse is ready to start a game though....hope he is..
On April 15th, 89.........What should have been a joyous time...........Ninety six friends, we all shall miss.........And all the Kopites want justice...................JUSTICE!!!

Offline the BIG fella

• Kopite
  • What We Achieve in Life, Echoes in Eternity
    • The RUSH Band - Manchester Live Wedding and Corporate Band UK
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2005, 05:13:11 am »
I've just got in from a gig, fuckin' leathered but read Wengers comments and think they're just fuckin' bitter as fuck.
Arsenal over the past few years have played some fo the best football in the country - sorry in the world - but to say that we shouldn't be in the final is bollocks.

OK maybe the European Cup should be the Champions only, but the Champions league gives the football fan an opportunity to watch the best teams against each other and thats what football is about - its entertainment - the rest is just bullshit. At the end of the day, I watch Liverpool for days like Dortmund 2001, and what will be Istanbul 2005 - forget anything else, Houllier, Parry, the new ground, Chelsea, abramovich - THE REASON WE WATCH FOOTBALL IS TO SEE OUR TEAM DO WELL, AND THEN MAYTBE, JUST MAYBE WE GET SOMEWHERE WHICH ALLOWS THE LADS TO HAVE A DAY OUT.

Football IS an industry now but as a fan i still live for the days like Cardiff 2001 and hopefully thats what Istanbul 2005 will be like. I'm lucky that my Dad indoctrinated me into supporting the best club in england and I've had these memories in my life. Wenger talking about us not deserving the final is just like a fat kid at a party wanting more jelly and ice cream.

Who else is clueless as to why the Arsenal team of last year didn't go further in the Champions League? they where amazing, but he just didn't have the nouse to beat teams in Europe - which Rafa has done. So are we shite or is Wenger just not good enough in Europe? I think the latter.

The other thing that really gets me, is about the 4th place champions league thing - if you remove the champions league campaign from our season - WE WOULD HAVE PISSED 4TH PLACE - we've practically lost every game subsequent to our champions league games, this in itself is extremely important.

I really hope we win on May 25th, we deserve it. And if we do, Everton come 4th, we've won the most prestigious cup in Europe and they're won FUCK ALL, but have qualified for the same cup next year, That will be a joke.

I hope this doesn't read like a stream of consciousness but I am fuckin' hammered and it is 5 in  the morning, but I was pissed off at Wengers comments.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2005, 07:41:21 am by KennyDalgo »
To book bands and live music visit
http://www.bandtube.co.uk

Equally if you need an amazing band for any Wedding or Event
The RUSH Band
http://www.therushband.co.uk
Listen - https://soundcloud.com/therushband

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2005, 11:30:53 am »
well cisse played 60mins on tuesday (i think!)- so surely he can start and last at least an hour?! kewell to start, moro as well...

we beat them earlier this season (ohhh what a game)- and did so by attack/ attack/ attack!!! so if we can keep it in their half, then why can't we restrict them? also, them being at home puts pressure on them attacking, which means we can try some of our counter attacking out!

--------------------dudek--------------------

finnan---------hypia------caragher----traore

garcia----------alonso-----gerrard----kewell

-----------------morientes-----------------------

---------------------------------cisse--------------

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2005, 11:34:55 am »
well cisse played 60mins on tuesday (i think!)

he came on after 60 minutes didnt he(or even later?)
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2005, 11:37:43 am »

lol oops... yes he did. he played 30 mins... so my argument should have been- he can start and hopefully last a half!
thinking about it it was a very dumbass statement lol...  :butt :butt

Offline notyouraverage

• Kopite
  • and the winner is..........me
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2005, 11:42:06 am »
Really think we are gonna be up for this. Haven't played awful after europe since Xabi has been back. Have the feeling we will have the big game mentality.

Offline wet echo

• trapped paper puncher in need of a work out
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2005, 11:42:23 am »
lol oops... yes he did. he played 30 mins... so my argument should have been- he can start and hopefully last a half!
thinking about it it was a very dumbass statement lol...  :butt :butt
dont worry about it you get use to it, i did

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2005, 11:46:46 am »
 ;D

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #29 on: May 7, 2005, 11:54:10 am »
A last minute winner from Garcia will do for me, as long as it sends Steve Hunter wild!  ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2005, 02:50:50 pm »

yeah about then.

A shout out to the magpies - come on you magpies...
Come on Souness - there must be Red in you, motivate your boys man.
Come on Newcastle.

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #31 on: May 7, 2005, 02:52:32 pm »
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 7, 2005, 02:54:59 pm »
I'm slightly confused... this game is tomorrow, yeah?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/match/season/

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/fixtures-and-results.php

Yep. Sure is. But the bitters play today i believe. so come on lets all be Magpie lovers for the day. I had a dream but i'm not going to share it yet. Come on you Magpies

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2005, 02:57:13 pm »
Yes it's tomorrow. It was originally going to be today though, so some places haven't changed their fixture lists.

Hope Cisse starts tomorrow to build up his match fitness ready for the final! I expect a strong team tomorrow as there's no need for squad rotation now we don't have midweek games. Hope Xabi and Gerrard get a chance to work on that midfield partnership that should become the best in the prem.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2005, 03:07:06 pm »
Right guys...i'm off...next time i come back i want to be able to say that we're in fourth place :)
Come on you Magpies.
Then come on you Mighty Reds
Come on.

Offline liverpoolynwa

• Hammer Time
  • Legacy Fan
  • well you've won twice but, we've won it five times
« Reply #35 on: May 7, 2005, 03:08:07 pm »
TA
Me dad reckons he was in the Kop when it was recorded so says he's sang for Pink Floyd. ;)

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 7, 2005, 04:31:28 pm »
Oh well looks like thats it then in the league :(
And thats mr positivity saying that too
thanks a lot mr souness.

But we still must go in to win the game tomorrow.

Perhaps its better for us when we come to play Milan...we have more reason to win the game...thats if we needed anymore.

Offline LFC_4EVA

• Anny Roader
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria.....
« Reply #37 on: May 7, 2005, 04:40:34 pm »
Come on Reds, lets wipe the smirk off that old french twat Wenger's face!!!!

Offline taters

• Kopite
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2005, 05:31:45 pm »
I'm looking forward to taking the piss out the arseholes fans tomorrow should be easy I'm standing in row 3 cant wait how fucking twisted is arsole wenger  :wanker.
where is every1 going for a beer before game & after myself and a few mates are are aiming for  the witherspoons pub near highbury & islington underground station come out of tube station turn right its not 1st pub on the corner but the next one along its about a 15min walk to ground.
L TATUM

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2005, 05:35:37 pm »
Let's win our matches and really make the Bitters bitter.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."