im writing to you about the fan card situation that we have at the club. Personally i feel it stinks, in mine and many other fans eyes we know this loyalty scheme isn't worth a carrott.
Take for instance the Chelsea game, fan card holders only had to have gone to two european games, i got a ticket for the game so it wasnt much of a problem to me but many fans who are season ticket holders cant afford to go the European games and fork out another thirty pounds when its on the box. So fan card holders who had been to two European games got a ticket over the loyal season ticket holders you have had at the club for many years. So their Loyalty of five hundered pounds counts for nothing or does it?
The Carling Cup Final, now theres a joke in itself, again i cant afford to go to these mid week games, yet people who had been to poor games qualified before me, as it happens i was lucky and i stress lucky to get a ticket for this one again, but in my eyes i should of been ahead of some of the minor fans who got a ticket. You say its a loyalty scheme, but i think its a joke, there is no loyalty to season ticket holders what so ever.
I know someone who wrote to you about this matter and you basically told them; you knew before you bought the season ticket, read the small print and you can shove it up your arse.
I dont think this is good enough, if everyone was take the tole of ill only turn up for the big games, then we'd never get a decent gate week in week out. I ask where these so called fans against Blackburn, when we had over 8,000 seats empty? I'll tell you, they were at home laughing at all us with mug written across our heads.
Fair enough that the people who went to the Champions League games should be rewarded, but season ticket holders should be shown some loyalty by the club.
I like the way Man City hold a points system, and you need points to qualify for games, and i have a much fairer option:
1. At the start of season, it is reviewed how many games you went to last season and you are awarded X amount of points for the amount of games you attended last season.
2. After each home league game season ticket holders are awarded with say thirty points and fan card holders who attended the game say twenty, this way season ticket holders are being rewarded for their 500 pound they are shelling out at the start of the season, which the club depend on so much.
3. Forty points for an away game.
4. Fifty for an away European game.
4. Thirty Points for each cup game including Champions League.
5. Ten points is knocked of your tally if you dont attend a game and there are more than 3,000 seats. (so your given a black line so to speak for not turning up against Blackburn an co)
This way for Chelsea and Istanbul the real fans, who show loyalty are rewarded.
I look forward to hearing from you, and hearing an exuse. Because you can not honestly tell me that the current situation is fair.
(what do you think?)