Author Topic: Liverpool vs Boro - Post match reaction, comments etc here  (Read 7819 times)

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
Liverpool vs Boro - Post match reaction, comments etc here
« on: April 30, 2005, 04:57:21 pm »
Oh well. Sounded like we played very good stuff for the majority of the 2nd half. Let's just look forward to Chelsea I guess.
TEAMWORK
Coming together is a beginning.
Keeping together is a progress.
Working together is a success.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
Re: Liverpool vs Boro - Post match reaction, comments etc here
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 04:58:25 pm »
Gutted.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 04:58:36 pm »
Pity, but sums up the last couple of months. We just can't take advantage of the bitters' slip ups. Probably out of time & games now.

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2005, 04:59:30 pm »
FFS we're never going to win the title if this is how it's gonna be. Up for it against the best in Europe, but not for the B+B games.

Really, really frustrating.

Still let's look to Tuesday...
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2005, 05:00:07 pm »
I think in the first half, a lot of the lads had their minds on Tuesday, as expected. Great second half, though. We played some great, attacking stuff, and fully deserved the win. Great goal from Gerrard.

The Ref was absolutely awful. So petty. Rafa was going mad with the 3 minutes of stoppage. I counted at least 4.

Offline beardsley4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2005, 05:00:09 pm »
Man City, Spurs, Pompey, Palace and Boro.  Who would have thought that we'd get only 5 points from those 5 games.  :(

Offline Hemal

• Legacy Fan
  • I saw Elvis. He sat between me & Bigfoot on a UFO.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2005, 05:00:12 pm »
Dont know whats gonna happen in this match.....every time everton seem to be dropping/drop points, we never seem to capitalize

:butt
Make mine a large

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005, 05:00:36 pm »
Point gained!
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2005, 05:00:56 pm »
cisse's gotta play more than 15-20 mins a game- and NOT on the right wing... maybe start, play the first half? or at least the last 30mins...

i'd like to see him play alongside moro... with garcia and kewell on each wing (kewell looked alright today- maybe he's finally turning it around) we could have a pretty formiddable attack.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 05:01:05 pm »
Man City, Spurs, Pompey, Palace and Boro.  Who would have thought that we'd get only 5 points from those 5 games.  :(

I'd have guessed about 7.
TEAMWORK

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 05:01:07 pm »
Sounds like we battered 'em second half so at least we gave a decent account of ourselves. Still annoyed though, what a chance to close the gap big time.

Still expecting UEFA Cup next season.  :(

Offline ALPH1217

• Legacy Fan
  • "C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!"
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 05:01:56 pm »
Incredible how we've pissed away so many points coming down the stretch and today is another example. I honestly don't know what to make of this team as our league form is a joke and yet we're 1 match from the European Cup Final. Schizophrenia if you ask me.

Offline Kop

• Anny Roader
  • Lurky McLurker
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 05:02:00 pm »
Bummed out. :(

Watched on Espn and though we played much better in the second half, the first was pretty poor.  The Bitters have done everything we could have asked since Christmas to throw away fourth and we just never take advantage.

6 form last two games and who knows, but we are fast running out of straws to clutch at.  :'(
Once bitten twice shy.

NEVER trust a known LIAR.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 05:02:13 pm »
Point gained!
surely with a performance like that (against a weaker team) it's considered as 2 points dropped?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Online kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2005, 05:03:13 pm »
4th isnt mathematically impossible, and the bitters will probably leave it open for us right until the last weekend, but unless we fucking change something, we're not even going to overtake the number of points theyre currently on.

good to see a moment of magic from SG (was due some), and some good performances from HK, Nunez and JAR, and also good to see our first team on the field together for the first time (attack of Moro,Cisse,Garcia,HK,Gerrard,Xabi is looked promising for a bit). Thought Xabi looked a bit off the pace, shame as i was hoping he'd be able to fully focus on the league now he's missed the match on Tues.

Overall we still gotta support the reds until the end, but it is frustrating to see so many opportunities yet we fall short yet again.

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2005, 05:03:25 pm »
Point gained!

2 points dropped and a game lost...so so sad reallly

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2005, 05:04:02 pm »
1 point gained, a bleak chance, one win for us and one loss for Everton and were 4th providing bolton loose to Chelsea. I hope Bolton play rough, very rough.

Offline Red in Korea

• Claims to be from Korea but we're not convinced...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2005, 05:04:10 pm »
Incredible how we've pissed away so many points coming down the stretch and today is another example. I honestly don't know what to make of this team as our league form is a joke and yet we're 1 match from the European Cup Final. Schizophrenia if you ask me.

Would have won most of them if we hadn't been in the CL. Playing so many matches takes the cutting edge off our play.

Therre's going to be some tired legs on Tuesday.. and its only Arsenal after that...
"What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example." Kenny Dalglish

Offline WelshMike

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2005, 05:04:26 pm »
I think Everton dropping points was nice on paper today but to be honest - regardless of our result - don't think it mattered. To be honest we're looking at it in the wrong way anyway. It should be 'we must win, anything else is nice' and we're waiting for Everton to slip up and then demanding ourselves to take advantage. Yes, we should be beating Spurs and Boro at home but we've been unlucky and today was about using the right formation, resting players and showing a good performance for Tuesday.
TEAMWORK

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2005, 05:05:10 pm »
1 point gained, a bleak chance, one win for us and one loss for Everton and were 4th providing bolton loose to Chelsea. I hope Bolton play rough, very rough.

:thumbup

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2005, 05:05:39 pm »
Disappointing not to take advantage of yet another Bitters slip.

Assuming Bolton don't win tonight we need to somehow win our last 2 to set some kind of target for the Bitters, that would leave them needing a win and a draw from a tricky last 3 game, might be enough.

The problem is its hard to see us winning the last 2 the way our league form is going, the only good news is that after Tuesday the CL ceases to be a distraction for the remainder of the PL season (whether we win or lose)

Offline eXec-5

• Miles Ahead
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Play it again, Sam...
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2005, 05:07:34 pm »
Well, what a waste that was. The game was up for grabs, and we didn't grab it. Had the chances in the first 20 minutes of second half, then it went very quiet. We don't have what it takes to break down a side that played the way Boro did at the end. Completely shut up shop, the fuckers.

Could bitch about Cissé on the wing again (why? just why?), but been there, done that, I guess. Riise looked good at CH, but then again he wasn't put under any pressure. He has the physical attributes for a run-out there, though.

So that's one point gained on the bitters, but it feels more like two points lost. But, hey, the way they play ATM makes me think we culd still get something out of this at the end. Arsenal away is going to be a massive game.
All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2005, 05:07:44 pm »
It's going to be tough, but we've gone to Highbury before and won, and I think that's what we'll have to do. 2 wins it is, and hope Everton keep slipping up.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2005, 05:08:00 pm »
maybe we needed to be more clinical in front of goal... on the crappy start-stop stream i had, it seemed as though we were passing well, getting into the last third, but not scoring! i saw HK have a few good shots in the 2nd half...
maybe baros should have been on the bench today (i don't think he was) so we could have brought him on to change some of the attack... or at least when cisse was brought on he could have played up front..

Offline wilburkop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2005, 05:09:07 pm »
gutted lads     any injuries from the game do we know????

Offline baz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2005, 05:09:21 pm »
think arsenals on sunday so we could be ready for it but today was another devastating blow to our chances for fourth..if we had won we would have made ourselves favourites again..

time and again we have just gifted fourth to the bitters.  We really have. Even in the last few games, we could have already had it in the bag.

Maybe, just maybe a year away from the CL may be good in that it will focus our players to win the most important thing....the EPL...we havent done it..its about time that we do.

But before that lets deal with the small matter of Chelsea...the same result on tuesday will be a defeat so Rafas going to have to drum things into our boys...

How long am i going to stay gutted for...i'm going to cry...a win today and a win last week and we would have been away....

Offline redmanmarshall

• Kopite
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2005, 05:10:13 pm »
gutted, frustrated.....................however you want to put it

Offline Chris.

• Official Panini Swapper
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2005, 05:10:27 pm »
Dont give a shite. Aslong as we win on Tuesday,

Offline AaronX

• Main Stander
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2005, 05:10:38 pm »
 MORRA cost us. he is too poor and does nothing

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2005, 05:11:18 pm »
Well we had the chances to win that. I though Nunez played quite well, whipping some great crosses in. I know others have suggested this, but I have to moan about Cisse on the right, to. Out there we're never going to see the best of him. Some good efforts by Riise, Kewell was decent, and what a superb goal by Gerrard.

All in all, we should have won, no doubt. Especially with the blueshite's result. If we're going to win the league, these are the games we need to be wrapping up comfortably.

All eyes to Tuesday now.
Da Dang

Offline kopkev

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2005, 05:11:27 pm »
played well for about 20 mins beginning of second half, 4th is gone if bitters beat newcastle next saturday, cant see us winning at highbury.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2005, 05:12:01 pm »
2 points dropped, but we dominated the 2nd half, Kewell looked much fitter than we've seen him in recent times and the great goal will have done wonders for Stevie's confidence

not brilliant tho, means we have to get a result at Highbury and hope Everton crack up further :-\

Roll on Tuesday!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Kop

• Anny Roader
  • Lurky McLurker
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2005, 05:12:16 pm »
MORRA cost us. he is too poor and does nothing
Dont give a shite. Aslong as we win on Tuesday,

Fucking bollocks from both of you IMO.

Cant be bothered to explain why.
Once bitten twice shy.

NEVER trust a known LIAR.

Offline RumDrinker

• Kopite
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2005, 05:12:30 pm »
Very bad result, but lets face it, in a long line of poor premiership results.

Our forwards are very poor.

Sometimes I just dont understand Rafas substitions.

I think Rafa is gambling on the Champions League. Very very big gamble. I for one hope it will work out.
I have the body of an eighteen year old. In my fridge.

Offline JohnSullie

• van, missing in burma, any news contact Dave, Grace n' Terry
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2005, 05:13:04 pm »
I cant see the bitters losing to Newcastle,our lsat 2 home games,4 points dropped plus that loss to Palace last week,has cost us dear,I just hope  tuesday night we win to continue our season.

Offline rhubarbos

• Main Stander
  • T.W.A.T, T.W.A.T, Red and White Army
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2005, 05:14:13 pm »

Maybe, just maybe a year away from the CL may be good in that it will focus our players to win the most important thing....the EPL...we havent done it

you'd think that bein in the semi finals of the comp would spur them on, and give them incentive to experience the same feelings next year. Its a strange one.

The thing i would say is....rafa should find a settled fomation and stick with it. Let the players know where they are.

Oh..dont play Pellegrino either ;)

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2005, 05:14:19 pm »
The problem is its hard to see us winning the last 2 the way our league form is going, the only good news is that after Tuesday the CL ceases to be a distraction for the remainder of the PL season (whether we win or lose)

Very good point, Win or lose on Tuesday the lads should at least be well up for the last two games in the league.

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2005, 05:14:24 pm »
Dont know why but still confident of the 4th spot!

Can see us losing v Arsenal but beating Villa on final day with the blueshite losing all their remaining games.

We will go through on a better goal difference.

Oh and win the CL as well!!
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Red in Korea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2005, 05:15:10 pm »
2 points dropped, but we dominated the 2nd half, Kewell looked much fitter than we've seen him in recent times and the great goal will have done wonders for Stevie's confidence

Wish he'd saved it for Tuesday - can he do it 2 games running?

Offline Pass & Move

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2005, 05:15:39 pm »
It's easy to say we should just be beating these kinds of teams easily, but Boro are good defensively, and they set their stall out well today. They looked solid and never really allowed us to get in behind them. We don't have a right to beat anyone, and as long as we work hard and are positive and go for the win, like we did, then you can't really fault them.