Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1375084 times)

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
  • Walk on through the wind
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #6480 on: March 1, 2012, 01:08:45 pm »
If I had photoshop i'd knock up a Craig Bellamy based one with "FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS" on it. But I don't, so I can't!

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #6481 on: March 1, 2012, 01:14:07 pm »
So we've got one for Digger...and Dagger...who's making one for Stan?  ;)
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #6482 on: March 1, 2012, 01:21:12 pm »
So we've got one for Digger...and Dagger...who's making one for Stan?  ;)

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline trigger

• sexist and shallow
  • Legacy Fan
  • The romans invented the knob on a stick
« Reply #6483 on: March 1, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »
Frankly if your team is mentioned in a Liverpool song, you should be chuffed

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6484 on: March 1, 2012, 02:16:38 pm »
Hi, I have an idea for a banner I'm not sure if its been done
Not bad actually.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6485 on: March 1, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »
Might take this flag to the Arsenal game
But just wondering are there any unwritten rules about holding a flag up before the game? e.g where not too stand etc?
AMF

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6486 on: March 1, 2012, 11:42:48 pm »
Instead of criticising what these lads are trying to do, why don't you contribute your own ideas instead of coming accross like a condescending knob?

There are some banners I'm not into but having made a couple I appreciate the effort people go to in making them etc and think it's best to keep negative views to yourself or try and show a bit of respect when commenting.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6487 on: March 1, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »

But just wondering are there any unwritten rules about holding a flag up before the game? e.g where not too stand etc?
Before the game and at half time, nobody has any issues.

As long as you arn't blocking anyones view whilst the action is on, you won't have any trouble putting up your flag --  as long as you are holding it yourselves and not expecting everyone else to lend a hand.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #6488 on: March 1, 2012, 11:51:09 pm »
To those slagging me of for my opinion, I am entitled to give my opinion. Having said that, I could have been more subtle.

royhendo

« Reply #6489 on: March 2, 2012, 11:20:28 am »
Fuck that, say what you think mate. If people think they're getting grief in here for banners, consider it preparation for the shite you'll get in the ground! ;D

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6490 on: March 2, 2012, 05:44:18 pm »
Hahahahaha!

Another outside Wetherspoons in Victoria station about ten bells.

Wheres yer ale ye bunch of puffs

Offline CarloChiesa

• Kemlynite
  • I love Liverpool FC.
« Reply #6491 on: March 2, 2012, 05:47:30 pm »
I have an idea but I don't wish to share it currently because somebody might steal it.  ;D ;D ;D
Forza Liverpool

Offline Kevend

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • I'm not Scouse, I'm from Birkenhead!
« Reply #6492 on: March 2, 2012, 05:50:05 pm »
Just a thought, would Xabis tweet tag for pepe make a good banner?
'#InPepeWeTrust' ?

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #6493 on: March 2, 2012, 06:16:36 pm »
To those slagging me of for my opinion, I am entitled to give my opinion. Having said that, I could have been more subtle.

Or have a go yourself and we will all comment on your efforts.

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6494 on: March 2, 2012, 06:40:37 pm »
Before the game and at half time, nobody has any issues.

As long as you arn't blocking anyones view whilst the action is on, you won't have any trouble putting up your flag --  as long as you are holding it yourselves and not expecting everyone else to lend a hand.

Cheers for the advice mate!
AMF

Offline The Jolly Boys Outing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6495 on: March 2, 2012, 07:20:54 pm »
Wheres yer ale ye bunch of puffs

on the table on the other side czech beer £3.10.  Had about 30 pints over 24 hours
AND ARBELOAAAAA

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6496 on: March 2, 2012, 08:27:42 pm »
on the table on the other side czech beer £3.10.  Had about 30 pints over 24 hours

I know yeah, heavy session that  ;)

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6497 on: March 2, 2012, 11:13:16 pm »
I know yeah, heavy session that  ;)
God not half, them three ales you had all weekend must have really got to your head!

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6498 on: March 3, 2012, 07:41:20 am »
God not half, them three ales you had all weekend must have really got to your head!

Yeah but I wasn't the only one

Offline A Feint Zebra

• What anti-perspirant do pessimistic people use? Not Sure.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Feint, but still stripey.
    • Feint Zebra
« Reply #6499 on: March 3, 2012, 08:28:54 am »
I really fancy getting something like this done:

Think it would pass?
Spread some love on Facebook, give me some shit on Twitter or come & look around My Website | Play Lurking Thommo! Can you find him? | A FOOTBALL RUMOUR site

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #6500 on: March 3, 2012, 08:40:18 am »

Think it would pass?

I will gladly donate to help get that made, FZ. It's a thing of beauty.
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6501 on: March 3, 2012, 09:53:13 am »
Banner that will be displayed in the kop today to remember Alex Jarmay. RIP, YNWA.

Offline libby_lfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • It's impossible to be unhappy in a poncho.
    • Twitter
« Reply #6502 on: March 3, 2012, 09:53:43 am »
Absolute class mate.
People listen to Coldplay and voted for the Nazis, you can't trust people.

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #6503 on: March 3, 2012, 10:08:28 am »

It's a nice flag and before the request I'd have said bring it - but I'm hoping you've seen the info about Alex Jarmay - plan for today is for only one flag in his memory as a tribute. Hope you've seen this before bringing it.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline reddav72

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6504 on: March 3, 2012, 11:11:51 am »
Banner that will be displayed in the kop today to remember Alex Jarmay. RIP, YNWA.

great banner rip alex ynwa
part of the noise!!
i was once told 'why dont you go out and meet somebody' i said 'i dont want to meet somebody. I want to meet everybody'!!

Offline KopiteWD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6505 on: March 3, 2012, 11:21:49 am »
It's a nice flag and before the request I'd have said bring it - but I'm hoping you've seen the info about Alex Jarmay - plan for today is for only one flag in his memory as a tribute. Hope you've seen this before bringing it.

Cheers mate, have done and I will leave it at home and bring it for the next home match.
AMF

Online RJane89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6506 on: March 3, 2012, 11:30:37 am »

Great banner,
RIP Alex

Online RJane89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6507 on: March 4, 2012, 03:54:26 pm »
Just reading few the last few pages of this, my mate already has the anfield south tube sign made... he took it with him to Wembley but on bottom tier wasn't many places to tie it... top tier seemed the place to hang flags unless we got in early to hang on the indent things by the corner flags :)

Some good ideas on here though, can't wait to see some of them made  ;D

Offline harwood91

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96 YNWA
« Reply #6508 on: March 5, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »

Not great at this but you get the idea, Think he and possibly others need recognition for what they've done to help try and get justice, and a thank you is the least that they deserve
Shankly laid the foundations
Paisley built the wall
Now two crazy americans are trying to knock our wall down !

Offline SKITTLE

• Legacy Fan
  • One of the "older" brigade.
« Reply #6509 on: March 6, 2012, 03:38:17 am »

Think it would pass?

In a word.....................YES.
Been there,done that,getting older,bordering on part timer status. So sad but that's life.

Offline CharlieAdamsLeftFoot

• has gone to Stoke with his right foot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What you achieve in life, echoes an eternity.
« Reply #6510 on: March 6, 2012, 08:48:07 pm »
Out of interest, did anyone hear of any banners not being allowed into Wembley due to the size etc??
Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless,
who strove and worried so that others could share the glory,
and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say

'We're Liverpool'

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6511 on: March 6, 2012, 10:37:04 pm »
Nope and I had a 2.5m pole no questions asked

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #6512 on: March 7, 2012, 06:25:59 am »
Then as I was chatting to Jag and Gaz before leaving, someone (one of our fans, actually) tried to start taking down my banner until my brother asked them what they thought they were doing. "Oh, is it yours?" ... I suppose I could be kind and say they thought it had been left behind, but I think the reality was that they thought they could nick it.

Not heard of this for a while but they still try it then I guess ::)
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6513 on: March 7, 2012, 10:58:40 am »
Then as I was chatting to Jag and Gaz before leaving, someone (one of our fans, actually) tried to start taking down my banner until my brother asked them what they thought they were doing. "Oh, is it yours?" ... I suppose I could be kind and say they thought it had been left behind, but I think the reality was that they thought they could nick it.
There's a few twats in our end pal, you've got to be careful and keep an eye out unfortunately. I had mine pinched in the away end at Birmingham a couple of years back. Went down to the front at full time and it was gone. Sad indictment of a small minority of our supporters.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #6514 on: March 7, 2012, 11:40:17 am »
Thats unbelievable (to me), people trying to nick banners, espescially our own. A few spoil the reputation of many.

I really wanted to make a banner, but i didn't have a great idea for one. Bought all the material, washed it before laying it out, but by the time i had worked out what i wanted, there wasn't enough time to get it stitched. So i need to find some time to make one. The effort alone that goes into it is quite incredible, not including the materials and labour.

Im hugely respectful now of our banner efforts.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #6515 on: March 7, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »
had a mate get his nicked at a friendly abroad nearly three yrs ago, might not have been to everyone's taste but i liked it, he spent a huge amount of time making it all by hand and posted each stage on his facebook to boot, great looking through it at the time and seeing how he did it.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6516 on: March 9, 2012, 12:22:59 am »
I think the banner ideas are (sometimes) getting a little too poetic and wordy.  I like the ones that have a little more character and are a bit cheeky... i know i'm not one to talk since i'm american, but what happened to 'keep flags scouse'?

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #6517 on: March 9, 2012, 12:30:25 am »
Getting this ordered as soon as I get the money together:

Have £220 at the moment, getting another £20 from Maggie May off here, which means we only need £34.20 to get it ordered, any of you who are able to help, it would be greatly appreciated, will come to £274.20 excluding the 5 metre pole I'll need to get also.

:wave
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline paz22

• Kopite
« Reply #6518 on: March 9, 2012, 03:09:09 am »
"LOS DE AFUERA SON DE PALO" - Obdulio.

Spanish expression that stands for "those from outside are made of wood". It's widely used throughout South America but has its 'origins' in one person: Obdulio Varela, "El Negro Jefe", Captain of the Uruguayan National Team that won the 1950 World Cup at Brazil (aka The "Maracanazo").

These words were said by Obdulio to his teammates in the dressing room, just before going out to the pitch and playing the final against the hosts, in front of more than 200,000 spectators (apparently a record that still remains). The Brazilians were the absolute favorites in all sense; they had won their previous matches convincingly, were declared anticipated champions by the press and people were celebrating early on the streets of Rio de Janeiro.

Uruguayan coach Juan López informed his team that their best chance of surviving the powerful offensive line of Brazil would come through adopting a defensive strategy. After he left, Obdulio Varela, captain of the team, stood up and addressed the team himself, saying "Juancito is a good man, but today, he is wrong. If we play defensively against Brazil, our fate will be no different from Spain or Sweden". Varela then delivered an emotional speech about how they must face all the odds and not to be intimidated by the fans or the opposing team. The speech, as was later confirmed, played a huge part in the final outcome of the game. In response to his squad's underdog status, the captain delivered the memorable line, "Muchachos, los de afuera son de palo. Que comience la función", which could be translated as "Boys, the crowd are to be disregarded (literally, "made of wood"). Let the show begin."

What happened next is history. Uruguay managed to win 1-2 after loosing 1-0 in the first half, in what is still considered, 62 years later, the greatest upset in world cup history.

Uruguay haven't managed to win a World Cup after that, but it is believed that players always find the strength in this "myth" when times are hard, and have managed to upset several hosts. Recently: Venezuela in 2007 Copa America, South Africa in 2010 World Cup group stage, Ghana in 2010 World Cup quarter-finals, Argentina in 2011 Copa America (amazingly, the same date as "Maracanazo", July 16th). It is also said because all of this that Uruguay strengthens in adversity ("se agranda en las difíciles").

Songs have been made based on this myth and expression "los de afuera son de palo", so every uruguayan knows about this.

I had thought of this idea for a banner before the M.United away match (were Suarez received tons of abuse) but couldn't share it because I wasn't a member yet :)

I think a banner with this expression is perfect given the abuse he is getting on away matches. It doesn't matter that MUFC or any other fans don't understand its meaning, that's the whole point: to disregard the crowds, go against all odds and get his job done, just like the 1950 Uruguayan team.

I think he will appreciate it and would be a nice piece of uruguayan history to be shared between him and LFC fans, who have never let him walk alone these past few months.

Thanks for reading and sorry I made it too long :P
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 10:45:58 am by paz22 »

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6519 on: March 9, 2012, 10:20:19 am »
Really enjoyed reading that paz22, thanks for that.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.