Author Topic: Liverpool 3-1 Bayer Leverkusen (YEAH WE WON YOU KNOW!) - All post match comments  (Read 11013 times)

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 09:58:49 pm by Hugh »

Offline Trotterwatch

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Decent match from us, with a decent result.  Tarnished by the all too familiar lapse of concentration from Dudek.

Biscan, Riise and Hamman all played very well.  Defence was ok, though at times they looked a bit nervous and liable to make mistakes.  Too many lumped forward balls at times.

Baros could have had 2, 1 of them in particular was a very bad miss by his very high standards.

All in all, a very satisfactory night, could have been better, but we should do it now.

Offline waffle

• Anny Roader
At the end of the day if we cant go through now we are 3-1 we don't deserve to be in this competition, mistake or not
Lets just be happy

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
Excellent result and I dont believe that anyone would have not taken 3-1 before the game!

Obviously pissed off (again) with Dudek's inconsistency especially after he pulled off some world class saves only to lose his concentration at the end!

Good team performance with spirit and determination.  We should have scored more than 3, Baros needs to get his confidence back.

Cant see us going out if we can play like this in 2 weeks time!
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
Well I'm celebrating  ;D
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They could have had 3 or four but poor finishing and good saves helped us. We could also have had a lot more, shame about the goal at the end but we looked like we were getting tired as the game wore on.

We are more than capable of scoring over there so forget the away goal, a good performance and a result I didn't think we could get without Morientes and Gerrard.

We are certainly in the driving seat,  now let's focus on Cardiff.

The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline Wendi

• Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Brilliant. Almost.

What scoreline will get us through from here. These away goals always confuse me :-\
Sack Parry.

Offline flying red

• Kopite
Good effort by the lads tonight.  Looked like we wanted it.  Our midfield wasn't pretty but it was effective in closing down and clearing the loose balls.

I thought Igor was effective tonight - won the ball well and used it efficiently playing Milan and Harry through a few times.

Gutted that we conceded a goal with the last kick of the match though.

When was the last time we scored from 2 free kicks in a match?

Great result - should go through.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
Decent match from us, with a decent result.  Tarnished by the all too familiar lapse of concentration from Dudek.

Biscan, Riise and Hamman all played very well.  Defence was ok, though at times they looked a bit nervous and liable to make mistakes.  Too many lumped forward balls at times.

Baros could have had 2, 1 of them in particular was a very bad miss by his very high standards.

All in all, a very satisfactory night, could have been better, but we should do it now.

Finnan what shite...
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Brilliant. Almost.

What scoreline will get us through from here. These away goals always confuse me :-\

Let's just score a couple at their place and leave it to the mathematicians eh? ;)

Offline Realdidi

• Kopite
We must of done well if Gerrard was forced to show a smile :)
I love Liverpool like a fat kid love Cake

http://twitter.com/#/AlfaEllis

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
Brilliant. Almost.

A 2-0 defeat will put us out. 3-1 would lead to extra time, 4-2 (gulp) would put us through.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
Thought there were impressive performances across the team, albeit for Dudek who looked shaky throughout bar 2 decent saves (but having said that nothing special, a keeper would expect to save them).

Biscan looked better, Baros ran his heart out again, Riise was superb and a great cheeky nutmeg!

Kewell looked good but lacking match practice.

Le Tallec looked ok too and won a few balls in air, another option now.

Offline AllyouneedisRush

• One leg, musical nostrils, itchy crotch. Is actually Louis Walsh.
  • Legacy Fan
A 2-0 defeat will put us out. 3-1 would lead to extra time, 4-2 (gulp) would put us through.

and if we win 5-0 it means we are laughing :)
Justice 97 - YNWA

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
Well there are lots of positives from this game, we managed to score 3 goals with a weak team and attacking wise i believe we are good and ready for the second leg, but traore played bad today and dudek made a huge mistake but nothing is done leverkusen played great today they attacked and deserved a goal...

but if we play a good defensive game in leverkusen like in deportivo or sometin' i think we have nothing to worry about...

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
3-1 is a good result. 3-0 would have been awesome especially going into the cup final but 3-1 is still very good. Just hope that error from Dudek doesnt take away from the high spirits the lads should be in. That said though, it was a poor header from Carra and maybe Didi couldve done better with closing the player down instead of just sticking a leg out but a bread and butter save for Dudek it should have been. We did seem to lose our way for the last 25mins though. Leverkusen showed they have enough class to beat us 2-0.

Bring on Chelsea  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:05:38 pm by Guz-kop »
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline Wendi

• Kopite

Thanks. If we lose 1-0??
Sack Parry.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
Good win and I'm happy, but these miserable fuckers are dragging me down with them.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline redthrough2000

• Boys Pen
  • IGOR!
It was a breath of fresh air seeing Biscan doing wel. some passes were ace! keep it up!
Tommy Smith - the original hardman!

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
BL showed enough from about 65mins on to show that they will cause a lot of problems at their place. That Dudek error could prove very costly.

Milan's miss when one-on-one seemed to really spur them on and they began to bypass our midfield with some decent football. I think we have enough resources to score there, especially if they don't work on how to form a decent wall  ;)  but they will score against us. Hopefully Rafa's mental toughness will show on the field because the pressure is all on us now and they will come at us with much more than they showed tonight.
Internet terrorist

Offline Mudface_

• Boys Pen
Thanks. If we lose 1-0??

You'll have to use your fingers for that one.

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks. If we lose 1-0??

Cmon its not rocket science!

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks. If we lose 1-0??

Then we're laughing ...

Offline deadgoon

• Kopite
  • We've died on the fields of the everyday.
Thanks. If we lose 1-0??

umm. 3-1 and 0-1 = 3+0 and 1+1 = 3-2.

Offline Bola

• Anny Roader
  • We need some more girls in here!
Good Performance, too many people will concentrate on the last 30 secs but i wont. It could be a blessing as it means the boys will have to be even more focused when we're at the away leg. JC had another commanding performance, Rise worked his socks off down the wing and Harry made a good comeback. Bar the last minute fumble Dudek kept us in the driving on a number of occasions but for me the main highlight of todays performance has to be the centre midfield pairing, the did their jobs to perfection, working as a team and shirking nothing. Igor for me was man of the match and Showed he might yet have something to offer the Club. Other things that where nice to see was Garcia showing fighting spirit and ALT making a brief cameo.
Lucas Leiva Fan club Member

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
what a fucking game... great display- this is how LFC play when they WANT the win.

biscan... he's proved a lot of his doubters wrong- the ones who were saying "hamann and biscan in midfield- we're fucked"... those two had a goal and an assist between them, and played brilliantly.

well in lads. maybe the 1 goal conceded wasn't deserved, but so what, let's have the same at their's!

YNWA
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:09:07 pm by bazc350 »
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline redthrough2000

• Boys Pen
  • IGOR!
it was really good seeing Harry back. best thing from the night was seeing Garcia coming bak 2 defend and springing attacks off from the back with cross-field balls to Risse. an 'easy' win away and wer beating the manc bastards in the quarters!
Tommy Smith - the original hardman!

Offline Yasar

• Phantom Desk Shitter
  • Kopite
  • Doug Stanhope appreciation society
They proved that if you quit smoking, it will prolong your life. What they haven't proved is that a prolonged life is a good thing. I haven't seen the stats on that yet.
-Bill Hicks

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
It could be a blessing as it means the boys will have to be even more focused when we're at the away leg.

Excellent point.

Jesus people, some of us were settling for 0-0 this morning given all the problems we've had. 3 bloody 1, COME ON!

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I feel its in our hands.

We'll have Stevie back and Lever are without their captain and two midfield players who recieved yellow cards. Dudek pulled off 2 great saves and was a tad unlucky with the bounce.

I definately would of took a 3-1 at the start

Offline Bola

• Anny Roader
  • We need some more girls in here!
Thanks. If we lose 1-0??

I'd hate to see you with money!!
Lucas Leiva Fan club Member

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
Good result for us, that 1 goal is not the end of this world, we need to score against them which makes their task so much more difficult, if we score 1 then they have to score 4 to win and if we score 2 they have to score 6, and I just dont see them scoring more then 2. We have to score when we go there, and then we ok.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
if we score 2 they have to score 6

No mate, 5-2 would put them through 6-5 on aggregate.

Offline Wendi

• Kopite
Cmon its not rocket science!

lol. OK OK. Its the away goal thing. I can never figure out what its actually worth. For some silly reason Ive got it in my head its worth double. I think Ive got it now. ;D

Thanks for you empathy. Bastards! :no :no ;)
Sack Parry.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I am made up that we won, I'd have taken 3-1 before the game, it's just the usual Dudek clanger has taken some of the shine off it. Nice early goal at their place to kill em off will do.  ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Kysey17

• Too Young to Use Ticket Exchange
  • Main Stander
I was expectin one of Hamanns piledrivers when he stepped up to take the free kick. Shocked to see him try and place one in. But what a free kick it was Keeper no chance!
What we Achieve in Life, Echoes In Eternity

Offline Steven Gerrard

• Legacy Fan
I am made up that we won, I'd have taken 3-1 before the game, it's just the usual Dudek clanger has taken some of the shine off it.
to be fair yeah, your right
They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
lol. OK OK. Its the away goal thing. I can never figure out what its actually worth. For some silly reason Ive got it in my head its worth double. I think Ive got it now. ;D

It's worth double if the aggregate scores are level ;)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Good performance overall, and finally some goals direct from free kicks! havent seen many of them in the last few years!

Defence still tended to have jitters every now and again we need to be more solid at the back

Reason we're all pissed off is the nature of the goal we conceded, absolutely unnecessary and stupid mistake by Dudek

Shame Carra didnt get the goal he deserves :(

no matter onwards to Sunday  ;D
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
A great result which should have been even better. Once again Dudek showed how poor a keeper he has become. That punch in the first half was a joke for an international class keeper. And dont start me off on his kicking ffs.

"Dudek pulled off 2 great saves and was a tad unlucky with the bounce." Jesus christ when are some people going to stop making excuses for him? 2 good stops doesn't negate his howler which has put leverkusen back in the game when they were dead and buried. Benitez really must move him on at the end of the season now. Baros was poor and I wonder if he'll get barracked for missing a sitter some chucked at Owen last season. No, thought not.

Magnificient display by JC, Hyypia, Riise, Igor and Hamann. If we were to lose 2-0 over there, we wouldnt deserve to go through but I think we'll score at least once over there now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:17:24 pm by ratcatcher »
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!