sure this has probably been started somewhere else but i couldn't find it anywhere so here goes with what i reckon the best records of the year have been:
1. green day - american idiot. (just has to be turned up loud. no matter how many times i hear it i never get bored of it)
2. u2 - vertigo. (i'm sure they've got better songs on their new album but i haven't heard it yet. expecting the album for xmas. loved vertigo the first time i heard it)
3. snow patrol - run (great to sing along to. hope to catch them live soon. watched their show from somerset house on tv the other week and it looked pretty good)
4. embrace - gravity (great comeback. great when i saw them live in norwich)
5. ash - clones (probably the heaviest track they've ever done. quality album)
hard to choose a top 5 really with all the good tracks that we've had this year. seems a shame to leave out songs by razorlight, killers, franz ferdinand etc etc....
not been a bad year for music i suppose....nx year should be better though.....u2 to play live....and new albums expected from the likes of coldplay, oasis and the foo fighters.