Author Topic: Liverpool -vs- Newcastle Utd - Team news, predictions, pre and in-match posts  (Read 4317 times)

hoonin

Its been a season of highs and lows so far. With two back to back lows, surely its time for a high today? For this fixture, history is on our side in that respect :)

Offline ozziestevieg

• Main Stander
  • O Keefey!!!
hehehe im first

lets bash this pies.........
Liverpool FC are the bomb 8)

Offline Botswana Red

• Kopite
  • Title Chasin'
Let's twat these Geordie bastards....

Come on Reds!!!!
Sign megastars...

Offline ozziestevieg

• Main Stander
  • O Keefey!!!
i expect Liverpool to win 3-1

Gerrard, Alonso and Kewell (if he starts) to get on the score sheet

hopefully souness' men don't injure any of our REDS blokes....like they did when he was in blackburn

Offline ozziestevieg

• Main Stander
  • O Keefey!!!
i like it how you rawk staff didnt mention "Let's twat these Geordies"

cheerio ...well done

COME ON LIVERPOOL, COME ON LIVERPOOL....YNWA

PS: gonna stay up all night (0030- ? zzzzz) observin text commentary...dam sydney australia don't get any EPL on TV

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
Think we'll win this one.  It would be a bit different if Shearer would have been playing but he's not  :P Even so with or without him we are still capable of beating the barcodes and I expect us to do so after our two recent results.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
come on LFC! about an hour for kick off aint it?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
I am trying not to be over confidence (I don't have much left anyway after gaining 1 point from the last two games  :(). Any win will do for me as long as we get 3 points.

Rafa certainly has learned something from the Portsmouth game. He said "he has driven his wife mad" after the Pompey game and asking himself what else could he have done to win it. I hope he realised that his substitution 3-4 minutes from time in that game perhaps was one of the factors why we got 1 point only. Don't create a mess for yourself Rafa!

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Can't predict results any more, but I feel we'll play really well today. Luis Garcia for Nunez the obvious change.

Not sure how Newcastle will be after Thursday's match. Seemed like they rested a few for the Lisbon game.

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
An hour an a quarter to go. I feel strangely confident, which I know I wouldn't have last season had we had the same past two results. Think it's Rafa's confidence rubbing off on me, let's hope it rubs off on the players too. 2-1 to us.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:23:53 pm by Redlady »

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
paul- may not be so obvious to rafa, he said last week that he has confidence in nunez- which obviously means he's going to play more and more. i don't think garcia will start anyway after being out for so long, plus the fact he was due to come back next week against west brom.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Kazak Red

• Main Stander
  • Ex Albert & Bronte underage drinker.
Was going to stay in graft until 30 mins before kick off but just had a call from the boys & they are in the boozer already.

We are due a clean sheet 3-0

Carra to score a hat trick from set pieces !!!!!!!!
If you can keep your head while all around others are losing theirs then you don't understand the seriousness of the situation

hoonin

Can't predict results any more, but I feel we'll play really well today. Luis Garcia for Nunez the obvious change.

Not sure how Newcastle will be after Thursday's match. Seemed like they rested a few for the Lisbon game.

Is Garcia fit then?

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
Im predicting a 2-1 win.

with a baros double.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
We are due a clean sheet 3-0

Carra to score a hat trick from set pieces !!!!!!!!

Well,  ;D I hope you're right mate.
Is the line up available yet?

I think we will play the same team as we started againts Pompey. I don't think we need to change the team at the moment. But perhaps Rafa still want to do some experiments? Who knows?

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVERPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLL
2-0 Kewell & Baros
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
Dudek, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Kewell, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia, Mellor, Baros.

Subs: Nunez, Hamann, Traore, Pongolle, Harrison

Good to see Garcia back!

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
redlady- beat me to it  :), just saw it on .tv from admin- so most likely is right. garcia starting is a bit surprising, also the fact that we seem to be playing 4-4-2 with mellor and baros both starting.

also just realised... no josemi- not even on the subs bench- is he ok  ???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:39:15 pm by bazc350 »

Offline Hugh

• Zit, just to the right of his nose, below the lip.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Man of the People
    • Hugh O'Connell
Great to see Mellor in and Garcia back.

Come on you redmen!

hoonin

Dudek
Finnan Carra Sami Riise
Garcia Alonso Gerrard Kewell
Mellor Baros

Nice. :)

1 out and out striker didnt work on Tues, so perhaps that influenced the selection.  NU also a bit dodgy at the back still, so a strong pressence up there from us should unsettle them I hope!

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
also the fact that we seem to be playing 4-4-2 with mellor and baros both starting.

Yeah, looks like a 4-4-2 formation to me.....

I don't think Mellor has been paired with Milan before? Any one of you think so? It will be interesting to see if they can work for each other  ???
« Last Edit: December 19, 2004, 12:43:48 pm by El'Santa »

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
this is the newcastle team:

Given
Elliott
O'Brien
Jenas
Dyer
Bellamy
Bramble
Ameobi
Bowyer
Bernard
Milner

Subs:
Kluivert
Harper
N'Zogbia
Ambrose
Robert

any thoughts?

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Good side, that.

Of course Rafa has faith in Nunez, but Luis G is always going to be the main man of the two.

Little worried by Traore missing - purely for a bit of pace at the back, to counter Bellamy. But our side looks strong.

Didi will regret being on the bench - usually scores in this fixture!

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan

Garcia Alonso Gerrard Kewell

Our strongest four-man midfield, that.

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
Didi will regret being on the bench - usually scores in this fixture!

Don't worry he will come out in the 2nd half and get a goal for us  ;D

hoonin

No Shearer? Is he injured?

Just announced on Sky now: "Out goes Nuno Gomez from the Liverpool side after Tuesdays result" ::)

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Shearer? Is he injured?

Just announced on Sky now: "Out goes Nuno Gomez from the Liverpool side after Tuesdays result" ::)

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

i remember when we signed "sergio garcia" as well  ;D

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Shearer missed last few games. Surprised Kluivert isn't starting. Ameobi can be a handful sometimes, but not consistent.

hoonin

Just cant work out that NU team, in terms of what their game plan might be.

Bar Jenas, I just dont rate them at all and suprised to see Kluivert and Ambrose out. Thought Ambrose would play to provide a bit of height and physical strengh, as well as his ability to cause the odd problem.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
i like it how you rawk staff didnt mention "Let's twat these Geordies"

cheerio ...well done

COME ON LIVERPOOL, COME ON LIVERPOOL....YNWA

PS: gonna stay up all night (0030- ? zzzzz) observin text commentary...dam sydney australia don't get any EPL on TV

Im watching it.its on FOX.
JFT 96

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
Yep.

Ameobi and bellamy are the danger men. Keep them two quiet and we should win with ease  8)
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
Shearer missed last few games. Surprised Kluivert isn't starting. Ameobi can be a handful sometimes, but not consistent.

Don't forget one thing Paul, it is 'the unknown' who usually punish us, the "First goal of the season" man. There have been some games like that this season, the "never score a goal before playing us" man somehow can get a goal against us  :butt

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Definately a little different as Rafa starts with two strikers as opposed to his 4-2-3-1 set up. He still might do that with Mellor playing off Milan..at least some of the time in the match.

Hopefully Baros and Mellor give Titus Shambles a real go today.. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Col

• Shaves his tongue and shares makeup tips. May be a little camp.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think they could be starting Shola due to his pace, and the fact he scored against us the last time we met. Still, it doesn't mater, he'll be in Carra or Sami's pocket anyway.

Good to see Josemi and Nunez not in the team, neither of them deserve to be anyhere near it at the moment, for different reasons.
I don't have to sell my soul... he's already in me.

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
facts about the clubs...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4088021.stm

pretty interesting actually.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
Just cant work out that NU team, in terms of what their game plan might be.

Bar Jenas, I just dont rate them at all and suprised to see Kluivert and Ambrose out. Thought Ambrose would play to provide a bit of height and physical strengh, as well as his ability to cause the odd problem.

has souness ever put together a team{for any of the clubs he managed} that can play decent football? or have they all been "dogs of war" type??

even in his LIverpool days, players like Dicks, hutchinson spring to mind more so than say............................ :D
JFT 96

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
redlady- beat me to it  :), just saw it on .tv from admin- so most likely is right. garcia starting is a bit surprising, also the fact that we seem to be playing 4-4-2 with mellor and baros both starting.

also just realised... no josemi- not even on the subs bench- is he ok  ???

He is suspended for 5 yellow cards isn't he?

Great to see two strikers, and all four midfielders who are more than capable of scoring on their day. And with Newcastle's defence not being the best at the moment should be exciting...

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
The fact that bramble is playing fills my heart with joy  ;)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Dyer has the pace and talent to hurt us, as he tends to have one good game each season  :P

We'll go two up front, and put them under pressure, with LG, HK and SG joining the strikers.

Of course Ameobi can be this year's Kevin Lisbie...

Offline BazC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
redlady i don't know... but seeing finnan on the starting line up is relieving to say the least.