Author Topic: Palace build-up, team-news and in-game comments here  (Read 4906 times)

Offline mr_mad_master

• Posts Utter Shite
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mwa
Palace build-up, team-news and in-game comments here
« on: November 13, 2004, 10:41:03 am »
How are we all feeling as we prepare for our clash with a bit of a poor team in form clash. My feeling is a 2-0 goals coming from Luis before the half hour and Meeeeelan after 75 minutes CMON YOU REDS
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 02:05:25 pm by Paul Tomkins »
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, THE CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE 77 78 81 84 05

Offline nige

• RAWK Poet Laureate
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Palace Build Up
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 10:48:56 am »
Dowie's boys are in form & will have watched the video of how Brum rode their luck last week. I think we'll do 'em, but I recommend some trip insurance ... Palace are 8½-1 on Betfair and so is Johnson 1st goal ...

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 11:14:00 am »
to be honest i reckon we are in for a tough game and not the stroll through as everyone seems to think.

Palace held arsenal last week and should have won it by 2 goals :shocked

I think it will be 1-0 baros.

I hope biscan starts as well.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGOOORRRRR
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline coltmanaman

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 11:18:39 am »
If we can get an early goal I think we can win this by 3 or 4.   However if not, it could easily end up being another birmingham and we will have a tough battle on our hands.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
REDS v Palace - Pre match thoughts, post match analysis?
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 11:21:56 am »
  v 

It would be nice to mirror the scoreline on that historic night, but I would settle for another comfortable home win [as we have been producing pre Birmingham]. As home fans we can ask for no more than winning, attacking, attractive football; and this season Rafa has given us that.

I expect to see Mellor dropped back to the bench for the game today, and either Garcia back in tandem with Baros up front, or FloPo. I cant see Kewell maintaining his role up front after a couple too many poor performances.

I think, and expect, we will go at them from the 1st minute. Thats why id like to see Finnan stay in at full back ahead of Josemi, and even a chance on the right for Richie Partridge who looks lively when he came on the other night against probably a better class of oppponent. On the left id expect to see Riise in there, although again Id be tempted to throw Warnock in again as his hunger and desire is infectious, and he has played well in the games he's had so far this season.

In the middle Id be tempted to keep Biscan in the starting XI with Alonso. Not because i think he is better than Didi, but because of the old adage of keeping a player in form, playing. Didi has been a bit hot and cold at times this season, and could possible do with the rest, and with Biscans confidence seemingly sky shigh at the moment, it would make sense to keep him in there. If nothing else more than for his adventurous runs, and work rate.

I expect to see us run out comfortable winners today. None of this pissing about. Early goal [within 1st 20 mins] and then push on to get a couple more for a good 3-0 win.

Dowie on Anfield Challange
http://www.cpfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ManagersComments/0,,10323~588686,00.html

"We're going to go to Liverpool and compete. They had a good 2-0 win over Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup on Wednesday after making a lot of changes so they will be buoyant.

We have to keep working hard because I don't think we've proved anyone wrong yet. We've got 26 games to go and we'll see then. It's nice that the perceptions are changing and we are playing well but the pundits will keep rubbishing us and we'll keep on doing what we do.

Even when we went through a bad spell, no-one cut us apart. This is supposed to be our `nightmare November' but it was certainly a vivid dream against Arsenal.

We've got over one small hurdle, now we've got to prepare for Liverpool and Newcastle. Both game will be great occasions and if you enjoy the challenge of competing against the best in the world, you're going to learn something; and that's the point. It's about the players developing, and they will improve because of these tests."

Them on US

LIVERPOOL

LiverpoolRafaelBenitezThe Reds' new boss, Spaniard Rafael Benitez, has had mixed fortunes since he became manager at Liverpool - one of the historically 'big' clubs - and wasted no time in bringing a little Spanish sun to Liverpool in the transfer window.

He spent over £26 million on new players in the summer including four Spanish players; Josemi from Malaga, Xabi Alonso from Real Sociedad, Luis Garcia from Barcelona and Antonio Nunez from Real Madrid. Frenchman Djibril Cisse from Auxerre also arrived in the summer having been signed by previous incumbent Gerard Houllier.

The biggest departure in the summer was that of England international Michael Owen who went to Real Madrid as part of the Nunez deal.

Also leaving Liverpool were Danny Murphy to Charlton for £2.5 million, Emile Heskey to Birmingham for £3.5 million and Markus Babbel to Stuttgart on a free. Of the seven players out on loan the most notable is El-Hadji Diouf who is currently with Bolton Wanderers.

With 11 games played in the Premiership so far this season, Liverpool currently lie in 8th - 12 points off the leaders and five off the Champions League automatic qualifying places. A points total of 17 from a possible 33 is not what the Anfield faithful expect.

In the league at Anfield, Liverpool have only played sides that are lower placed - Man City, West Bromwich Albion, Norwich, Birmingham and Charlton - and Palace currently lie five points behind them in the league.

One of Europe's most respected coaches, Benitez, who speaks fluent English, led Valencia to the Spanish league and UEFA Cup double last season, two years after he first took the La Liga crown to the Mestalla and in his three years there he oversaw 163 games winning 87, drawing 33 and losing 43.

After squeezing through 2-1 on aggregate against Austrian side Graz in the qualifying rounds, the group stages of the Champions League have seen mixed form from Liverpool; they beat Monaco at home, lost to Olympiakos away, drew 0-0 at home to Deportivo but won 1-0 away at Depor.

LiverpoolSinama-PongolleAfter a disappointing 0-1 loss against Birmingham at home last Sunday, Benitez saw a young reserve side win against Middlesbrough in the Carling Cup at Anfield on Wednesday night, thanks to a brace from youngster Neil Mellor who scored against Palace last season whilst on loan at West Ham. Mellor will be looking to get on the bench for the Palace game. This result sets the Reds up for a Quarter-Final tie against Spurs at White Hart Lane.

In a squad of thirty at Anfield, twenty players have seen first team action in the league so far this season. Steven Gerrard and Djibril Cisse are injured but Florent Sinama Pongolle and Euro 2004-star Milan Baros should be available for selection on Saturday after returning from injury.

In the past week there has been a minutes silence in honour of John Peel and Emlyn Hughes who both recently passed away. John Peel and our very own David Jensen used to work together on TV and Radio.

LiverpoolEmlynHughes"He was part of the best ever Liverpool sides and won a lot of trophies," Benitez said about Hughes. "Hopefully a legend like this can inspire the players. It would be marvellous if they could mirror his achievements."

Recently announcing record losses in the last financial year of £21.9m it seems Benitez will have to stick with his current squad unless the much-maligned takeover happens and new funds are injected into the club.

In all competitions at Anfield this season:

P9 W6 D1 L2 F14 A3

Premiership stats at Anfield

P5 W4 D0 L1 F10 A2

Possible Squad (from): Kirkland, Dudek, Josemi, Carragher, Hypia, Traore, Garcia, Alonso, Hamman, Riise, Baros, Kewell, Pongolle, Mellor, Finnan, Biscan, Diao, Warnock.

Historic Facts

Palace have never beaten Liverpool in the Premiership in six attempts.

The only time Crystal Palace have beaten Liverpool in the league at Anfield was on the 2nd November 1991 when we won 2-1 in the old First Division.

The last time Palace played Liverpool at Anfield was on the 5th February 2003 in the FA Cup 4th Round Replay which we won 2-0.

In the Palace squad that played that night and could play on Saturday were; Darren Powell, Tony Popovic, Danny Butterfield, Shaun Derry, Danny Granville, Dougie Freedman and Andrew Johnson.  Also playing that night was none other than Kit Symons!

In the Liverpool squad that played that night and could feature on Saturday were: Dudek, Carragher, Hyypia, Risse, Baros, Hamann, Diao, Biscan and Traore.

Season so far

Sat 14  15:00     A   Norwich City     PREM     D      1-1      
Sat 21    15:00    H   Everton      PREM      L         1-3     
Tue 24    20:00    H   Chelsea     PREM    L      0-2     
Sat 28    15:00    A   Middlesbrough PREM   L         1-2     
September
Sat 11    17:15    A   Portsmouth    PREM   L      1-3         
Sat 18    15:00    H   Man City      PREM      L     1-2         
Tue 21    20:00    H   Hartlepool     LGCP    W     2-1(aet)     
Sat 25    15:00    A   Aston Villa      PREM      D     1-1     
October
Mon 4    20:00    H   Fulham             PREM    W     2-0     
Sat 16    15:00    A   Bolton               PREM    L        0-1     
Sat 23    15:00    H   WBA               PREM   W      3-0 
Wed 27    20:00    A   Charlton    LGCP   W       2-1     
Sat 30    12:45    A   Birmingham    PREM  W       1-0     
November
Sat 6    17:15    H   Arsenal        PREM   D         1-1     
Wed 10    20:00    A   Man Utd    LGCP    L     0-2     

Pos   Name   P   W   D   L   F   A   W   D   L   F   A   GD   PTS

8   Liverpool    11    4     0       1    10      2    1     2     3     8     9     +7      17

16  Palace    12    2     1     3     8     8     1      2      3      5      8      -3        12

Click here to read Palace forums score prediction

There are as many expecting a defeat to us, as a win.  :-\

« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 11:27:20 am by Roper »

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
Re: REDS v Palace - Pre match thoughts, post match analysis?
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 11:23:44 am »
Sorry, spent so long typing this out, i didnt see the other pre match thread. Feel free to merge them both. :wave

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2004, 11:43:59 am »
Some views from Palace fans

1 - What are your thoughts on Liverpool Football Club this season? I think LFC are much easier on the eye this season than previously - Luis Garcia and Xabi Alonso in particular look like special players - but I don't think results have improved considerably. Nonetheless, I am a Benitez 'fan', and think that eventually he will be successful.

2 - Who do you fear from the current Liverpool Sqaud? The two players I singled out before, and also Harry Kewell, who I know has flattered to deceive, but on his day is very decisive.

3- What are your thoughts on Anfield and the City when you have visited? I've only been once, and Anfield was a very nice ground, with a good atmosphere. I didn't think much of the surrounding area though - sweet shops with the sweets behind a plastic screen were typical of what I found. I'm sure that Liverpool is a great, vibrant city though.

4 - What do you expect to see from todays game? Hopefully, hopefully, a result for us, which I think is achievable. I'm not going though.

5 - Whats the score going to be, and who will score? I have (very optimistically) predicted a 3-1 win for the Eagles, with Johnson scoring twice, and Granville notching the third.

6 - Where will both teams finish the season? I think we will finish 15th, and you will finish 4th.

7 - What Palace players should we look out for? Apart from the obvious, look out for Ben Watson in central midfield, a real star in the making!

8 - Who do you think is going to finish [in order] in the Top 4, and Bottom 3 this season?

the Mancs
Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
-----------
Blackburn
Soton
WBA

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2004, 11:45:02 am »
Nice one Andy great to be remembered about that night, they got their revenge in the semis, just trying to think who NEVER scored that night.
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2004, 11:47:56 am »
They say:

The night of 12 September 1989, when they lost 9-0 at Liverpool, is etched on most Crystal Palace fans' memories.

Gary O'Reilly, who was in defence, recalled: "We had the chance to take the lead and hit the post and that just upset Liverpool.

"The side they had was very strong and everything fell for them. John Aldridge came on and scored a penalty with his first touch. I was screaming at everyone telling them that under no circumstances could we let the score reach 10!

"We had the mickey taken out of us, but we could either completely implode or try to use it as a motivational tool. I think a lot of the team's strength that season came from that result and we were able to rectify it in the FA Cup semi-final against Liverpool when we won 4-3."

The Palace players from that infamous night and where they are now: Perry Suckling, junior goalkeeping coach for Tottenham; John Pemberton, youth academy coach at Nottingham Forest; David Burke, gone into teaching; Andy Gray, went into the football agency business; Jeff Hopkins, coaching in Australia; Gary O'Reilly, radio pundit with BBC London; Eddie McGoldrick, works in the property business; Geoff Thomas, Crewe player two years ago but is now fighting leukaemia; Mark Bright, radio and television pundit with the BBC; Ian Wright, television and radio presenter; Alan Pardew, West Ham manager.

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2004, 11:50:25 am »
BIG MATCH FACTS

# LIVERPOOL play their first League match since the untimely death earlier this week of Anfield legend Emlyn Hughes. Under his leadership the Reds won four of their 18 League crowns. Manager Rafael Benitez has called on his players to try and emulate the achievements of the effervescent character with the infectious laugh, known affectionately as "Crazy Horse".

# The Merseysiders on into the match with rejuvenated Crystal Palace on Benitez' 150th day in charge, eight places and 12 points off the pace. They will be keen to get back on track having had their 100% home League record smashed by Birmingham last Saturday, although they did beat Middlesbrough 2-0 in the Carling Cup at Anfield on Wednesday night, to earn a visit to Spurs in the quarter-finals.

# In the Premiership era, Liverpool have registered some one sided results against Palace. The most recent encounters at Selhurst Park were 0-3 in December 1997, and 1-6 in 1994. Two seasons prior to that, the Merseysiders won 5-0 at Anfield, and further back still on 12 September 1989 they inflicted on the Londoners a club record League defeat of 9-0.

# CRYSTAL PALACE go in search of a first ever Premiership victory over the Reds. Having collected just two points from the first possible 21, Ian Dowie's side have now put together a three match unbeaten sequence, taking seven points out of nine.

# While Liverpool lost for the first time at home in their most recent Anfield game, Palace won for the first time away on their most recent League game on the road - a 0-1 triumph at Birmingham. But they've subsequently lost on the road in the Carling Cup, going down 2-0 to Manchester United at Old Trafford on Wednesday night.

# The Eagles' only League triumph on Liverpool turf was 1-2 in the top flight on 2 November 1991, when Marco Gabbiadini and Geoff Thomas scored, and the current Fulham manager Chris Coleman was in the side.

Referee:
Phil Dowd (Stoke-on-Trent)
# Phil Dowd has not shown a red card in the six Premiership matches officiated thus far, and has averaged two yellow cards per game, He has been in the middle for one Crystal Palace and one Liverpool Premiership game thus far. Both clubs lost, at Portsmouth and Chelsea respectively.

SEQUENCES/RECENT FORM

LIVERPOOL
Club stats
Fixtures
8th 17 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's games: 5th
Lowest could realistically fall: 9th

# Won five of the last eight in all competitions.
# Lost just once in eight League and Cup games.
# The total of 17 points after 11 Premiership outings, matches last season's return when eventually they finished fourth.
# Drawn only twice in the highest League. No club has finished level less often.
# Won two top flight matches from a losing position. Only Arsenal can match that.
# Three short of conceding 500 goals in their Premiership history.
# Yet to concede in the first quarter-hour a Premiership match.

# Conceded only twice at home in the Premiership. Only Chelsea can beat that - one goal shipped at home.
# Yet to draw a League match at Anfield this season.

CRYSTAL PALACE
Club stats
Fixtures
16th 12 points
Highest achievable after Saturday's games: 10th
Lowest could fall: 16th

# Lost one of the last five in all competitions.
# Won three Premiership games under Ian Dowie.
# Won three of their last five League engagements.
# Lost six of the last 11 top tier encounters.
# One of four clubs to have suffered as many as six defeats so far in the Premiership this season. The others are Blackburn, Fulham and Southampton.
# Scored in all but two of their League engagements this term.
# Managed three Premiership clean sheets.
# Lost more top tier games from a winning position than any other club (two).
# Suffered the longest losing sequence in the Premiership so far in this campaign (five games).
# Three short of conceding 200 goals in the clubs Premiership history.

# Won one of six away League games this term.

KEY PLAYER NOTES/POTENTIAL MILESTONES LIVERPOOL
Squad profiles

# Jamie CARRAGHER is the only remaining player to have been involved in every minute of every one of Liverpool's Premiership matches.

CRYSTAL PALACE
Squad profiles

# Barclays Premiership Player of the Month, Andy JOHNSON, is still the highest scoring English born player in the Premiership with seven goals - three behind Thierry HENRY of Arsenal. Johnson has scored six goals in six League games.
# Joonas KOLKKA is just two short of 50 career League goals across Europe. He's scored 17 for MyPa in Finland, 16 for Willem II in Holland, 10 for PSV, three for Panathinaikos and two for Borussia Monchengladbach, but is yet to net for Palace.
# If he lines-up at kick-off, Danny GRANVILLE will be making his 250th career League start.
# If he participates, Shaun DERRY will be making his 100th appearance for the south London club.
# If he runs out, Darren POWELL will be making his 50th League appearance for the Eagles.
# If he plays, Neil SHIPPERLEY will be making his 150th Premiership appearance.

HEAD TO HEAD TOTALS
League: Liverpool 14 wins, Palace 6, Draws 4
Prem: Liverpool 4 wins, Palace 0, Draws 2

HEAD TO HEAD at Liverpool
League: Liverpool 9 wins, Palace 1, Draws 2
Prem: Liverpool 2 wins, Palace 0, Draws 1

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2004, 11:54:41 am »
[

3 I didn't think much of the surrounding area though - sweet shops with the sweets behind a plastic screen were typical of what I found. I'm sure that Liverpool is a great, vibrant city though.

Hope he doesn't go to Kirkby then.There was a chippy there with a metal grill right across the counter and a little hatch they passed your food through!!

I think he might go with both Josemi and Finnan, moving Garcia in with Baros. Like to see Igor and Xabi in the middle, with Igor bombing on from midfield to give support and options.When Milan goes on a run out wide, we need someone from midfield to get into the box.

Going to be tough today, but if we get at them from the off and keep it tight at the back, I can see us getting all 3 pts.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2004, 12:17:28 pm »
If we can get an early goal I think we can win this by 3 or 4.   However if not, it could easily end up being another birmingham and we will have a tough battle on our hands.

Agree.. just hope if/when we take an early lead we dont take the foot off the pedal like b/burn...
JFT 96

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2004, 01:01:19 pm »
Cheers, Roper, for all the preview stuff there.   :)

Offline Tarpaulin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2004, 01:16:07 pm »
No worries Paul.  :wave Enjoyed it, may start to do something a bit further in advance for most games.  ;)

hoonin

Re: Palace build-up, team-news and in-game comments here
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2004, 02:20:45 pm »
Kewell starts. Johnson missing for Palace  :)

Offline Kop4

• Legacy Fan
  • Can't get his avatar's boobs to jiggle.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2004, 02:21:21 pm »
Bye bye Igor, Raga don't want to play game.

Left out again in favour of Didi.

Why do we need Didi at home against Palace?

Poor lad has had 3 blinders on the bounce but still can't get in the team. >:(
A travesty of a sham of a mockery.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2004, 02:23:46 pm »
Bye bye Igor, Raga don't want to play game.

Left out again in favour of Didi.

Why do we need Didi at home against Palace?

Poor lad has had 3 blinders on the bounce but still can't get in the team. >:(

igor will take this on his mighty balkan chin.......he has made all the right noises{ as in none} so far so nose back to the grindstone for him by the looks....

btw whats the lineup?
JFT 96

Offline cakmin

• Estoy aburrido
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • La Ostra
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2004, 02:29:00 pm »
Kirkland
Josemi - Carra - Hyypia (C) - Traore
Luis - Hamann - Xabi - Riise
Kewell - Baros

Offline anfield_reds

• Legacy Fan
  • We're only in it for the money
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2004, 02:33:04 pm »
Dudek, Mellor, Biscan, FSP, Finnan on the bench

Offline TRF

• Anny Roader
  • Ukrainian and Liverpool FC fan ? Aha that's me
    • RedBeasts
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 02:39:00 pm »
that's fine we have Steve, Neil and Igor to strenth our game in 2-nd half

Offline shizzledizzle

• Kopite
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2004, 03:14:25 pm »
Why does rafa keep putting didi ahead of biscan who clearly is playing better?

well as long as we get the 3 points....

Offline fazel

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2004, 03:14:56 pm »
wow, did anyone just see the skill on the ball displayed by Carragher?? He calmly turned the CP attacker left and right at the corner flag and passed the ball out of defence without conceding a corner or a throw in - WOW

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2004, 03:27:27 pm »
1-0!!!!! Baros penalty  :D

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2004, 03:28:03 pm »
Yesssss  ;D

Offline fazel

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2004, 03:28:06 pm »
penalty - Baros 1-0  ;D

Offline SeanPenn

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2004, 03:28:54 pm »
Yahooo. ;D Finally a penalty!
-"Matthias, Son of Deuteronomy of Gath"
-"Should I say yes?"
-"Yes"
-"Yes"

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2004, 03:29:01 pm »
Well we know who our penalty taker is now. :)

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2004, 03:30:21 pm »
Been looking for the penalty thread. So my prediction and wishes were true.  :thumbup

MEEEELAN!!!
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline AK47

• Needs to get a manly man's room. Grrrr.
  • Kopite
  • So it's on and on and on, it's Heaven and Hell
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2004, 03:30:34 pm »
Obviously not Jamie C!!  Anyone know what was the pen for?
The closer you get to the meaning
The sooner you'll know that you're dreaming

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2004, 03:30:40 pm »
Diouf has put Bolton 1-0 up.  :o

Offline fazel

• Main Stander
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2004, 03:30:51 pm »
and in other news...

1522: GOAL Bolton 1-0 Aston Villa
El-Hadji Diouf prods Bolton ahead as he diverts Kevin Nolan's shot past Andy Oakes.

Edit: Darn you Lozza, beat me again!

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2004, 03:32:16 pm »
Obviously not Jamie C!!  Anyone know what was the pen for?

Meelan won it - he was brought down in the box by Leigertwood. Came about after a lovely move by Xabi and Didi, apparently.  :D

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2004, 03:35:09 pm »
Should of been a pen

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2004, 03:38:18 pm »
This is a bit off-topic, but there have been six bookings in the first 33 mins of Aldershot v Canvey Island in the FA Cup.  :o  ;D

Offline Drobs

• dnegeL
  • Legacy Fan
  • Someday, everything is gonna be different...
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2004, 03:40:58 pm »
This is a bit off-topic, but there have been six bookings in the first 33 mins of Aldershot v Canvey Island in the FA Cup.  :o  ;D

Guest speaker at half time?

Lordy knows its not for the footy!
**After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music **

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline fazel

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2004, 03:42:28 pm »
I'm well chuffed... Ian Dowie has had a permanent scowl on his face since the start and the Palace players are starting to get frustrated. We're totally suffocating them. Even on the edge of their penalty box they can't get a minute's breather. They were totally swarmed with red shirts. Here's to a few more goals!!  :)

Offline Red Lozza

• Legacy Fan
  • Miracle worker
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2004, 03:42:48 pm »

Guest speaker at half time?

Lordy knows its not for the footy!

;D

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite