Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3093415 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #20720 on: July 12, 2023, 11:22:54 am »
100% the guy is ripped to fuck and just came 3rd on the lactate test. He is a massive part of this squad.

I also think Henderson still believes he has an international career with the Euros on next year. Moving to KSA would be the end of that.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20721 on: July 12, 2023, 11:24:12 am »
Telepgraph reporting that Henderson is considering a move to Saudi.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #20722 on: July 12, 2023, 11:25:55 am »
Bascombe with the bad news. If he wants to go then let him but make it £100m.

Looking forward to the hate for JH now.....

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #20723 on: July 12, 2023, 11:27:50 am »
I would be really shocked if Henderson does go down that route.  Just can't see it with him.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20724 on: July 12, 2023, 11:28:05 am »
I’ve loved the footage I’ve seen of them all back in training, some extra steely determined looks about some of them.
It’s like they know last season wasn’t good enough and they’re dead set on putting that straight this season

Yes I thought the same, none of the arrogance of last summer's videos, just a subtle undertone of a side who are meaning business.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20726 on: July 12, 2023, 11:28:47 am »
Bascombe isnt a good source. No chance he leaves

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20727 on: July 12, 2023, 11:29:05 am »
It's not the worst PR to have it known you have a big Saudi offer and turn it down to remain at Liverpool...

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20728 on: July 12, 2023, 11:32:54 am »
I would be speechless if JH went to Saudi. It'd be another nail in the coffin of football for me - the idea of it makes me feel ill.  I just can't see it

He looked in good form and really fit on the training video. Reckon he's got one more big campaign in him. Need him in this transition too, off the pitch especially. We need lads that set the tone.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20729 on: July 12, 2023, 11:34:41 am »
Zero percent chance Henderson spent the summer getting in the best shape of his career to go and semi-retire in Saudi Arabia. I don't even think he'd be interested in going there when his Liverpool contract expires, to be honest - maybe naive, but I just don't think he's that sort of player.

Newspaper fodder.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #20730 on: July 12, 2023, 11:34:48 am »
I seriously hope he doesn't go to Saudi - but even assuming he's not considering moving its easy to see that there could be a gap between his expectation of playing time and the likely reality

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20731 on: July 12, 2023, 11:35:29 am »
Can't see that one happening even if it has come up a couple of times. I think he still has a place this season and looks to have come back in good shape, think he has something to prove after an underwhelming couple of years on a personal scale. I think he'll see out these next two years and retire here to be honest. Maybe not so much something to prove because he's been so big for us but he should really be aiming to contribute more than he has since the title win.

I know he's a legend and all that but I think he really has to perform this season. People talk about him providing a more Milner like role throughout the squad but he just doesn't have the same versatility and usefulness that Milner provided in his later years. If he struggles again this season he should be moved on in a year and replaced because it'll be on top of a couple of years that have been as I noted earlier, underwhelming. Hope he does stay though.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20732 on: July 12, 2023, 11:36:00 am »
FFS Henderson is not going anywhere this summer, as much as some of you might try and wish it into existence, it’s not happening

Did I say I wished it? I don't actually, Id prefer him to stay at least another year. I don't think it's that outlandish to think the club is open to letting one of the older midfielders go, or that Henderson himself wouldn't be looking for more playing time. In which case, the need and means for bringing another mid in changes.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20733 on: July 12, 2023, 11:36:46 am »
We also have Sepp van den Berg, if he's fit for any of pre-season. If we don't find the right signing, maybe this is the season he makes a bid for fifth central defender. He seems to have the tools in theory.

I like that idea,of course Jurgen and the coaches have a better idea if he's likely to be ready.

I acknowledge there's an incredibly high bar to get in the team now which sounds about right too considering the competition we have in PL and Europe.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #20734 on: July 12, 2023, 11:36:49 am »
by the way some of you are really weird about your assumed correlation between 8 packs and on pitch performance

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20735 on: July 12, 2023, 11:37:17 am »
Really hope he doesn't go, he's got abs.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #20736 on: July 12, 2023, 11:40:45 am »
Really hope he doesn't go, he's got abs.

I think Saudi have anti-locking brakes too so he might go

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20737 on: July 12, 2023, 11:42:13 am »
Bascombe said we need to sell to buy now.

Now Bascombe reporting this. I don't believe it.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #20738 on: July 12, 2023, 11:42:29 am »
FFS Henderson is not going anywhere this summer, as much as some of you might try and wish it into existence, it’s not happening
Yep, starting to get a pain in my hole with this talk

It aint happening, its not a bad thing by any stretch
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #20739 on: July 12, 2023, 11:45:32 am »
2 of those CBs are extremely injury prone and the other 2 are now slightly injury prone. In my view not signing another CB this summer would be very negligent from us.

As it stands Gomez is our only real RB alternative as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20740 on: July 12, 2023, 11:45:36 am »
This would be very surprising but also indicate a certain ruthlessness our side which would be refreshing. 

Online Jean Girard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #20741 on: July 12, 2023, 11:45:45 am »
by the way some of you are really weird about your assumed correlation between 8 packs and on pitch performance

I blame Rocky III - he looks like Apollo Creed has been making him sprint up and down a beach wearing yellow shorts in a montage for his whole holidays. Eye of the tiger etc.

He'll be floating his trademark curled cross to the back post from the edge of the box like it's 2019 again.
And now, the matador shall dance with the blind shoemaker!

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #20742 on: July 12, 2023, 11:47:46 am »
Did I say I wished it? I don't actually, Id prefer him to stay at least another year. I don't think it's that outlandish to think the club is open to letting one of the older midfielders go, or that Henderson himself wouldn't be looking for more playing time. In which case, the need and means for bringing another mid in changes.
No but it keeps getting mentioned, why mention it if it’s not happening and you don’t want it to. He clearly knows he’s in a fight for his place and has come back ready to do just that, which can only benefit us. He doesn’t want to go anywhere this summer, he wants more Hendo shuffles and that’s it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20743 on: July 12, 2023, 11:47:57 am »
I seriously hope he doesn't go to Saudi - but even assuming he's not considering moving its easy to see that there could be a gap between his expectation of playing time and the likely reality

I really hope that Klopp has had this difficult conversation with Henderson. For all the criticism that the likes of van Djik and Fabinho got last season, I actually thought that Henderson was our weakest link. The physical decline over the last 2 years has been quite stark. I don't think he'll leave this summer, and he could play a valuable support role to a new emerging midfield setup.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20744 on: July 12, 2023, 11:48:16 am »
I also think Henderson still believes he has an international career with the Euros on next year. Moving to KSA would be the end of that.
Maguire and Phillips still get picked and they don't play any football, I don't think a move would change anything for Southgate, he trusts him.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20745 on: July 12, 2023, 11:50:10 am »
I do think there might come a point before the end of his contract where he might fancy going elsewhere. I know a lot of people have him pencilled in as taking the Milner role but I'm not convinced Henderson will feel the same - he strikes me as someone who'll still think he should be playing regularly and who will be pissed off if he doesn't. Depending on what happens this season I could see him agitating for a move next summer if he feels he isn't getting enough gametime.

The cynic in me wonders if that's not what this is actually about... a media briefing of multiple journalists who aren't reporting just on transfer interest, but seemingly have insight into Henderson's thinking? Hmm.

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20746 on: July 12, 2023, 11:51:12 am »
I would've said the same thing about lots of guys who have ended up going to Saudi. Since Gerrard went, I wouldn't put it past anyone. Agree it's highly unlikely but I also doubt the club itself wouldn't be looking to cash in on this Saudi cash cow.

I don't think we can afford to lose another leader this window and therefore would be worried about Hendo of all people leaving. That said, a stupid offer from Saudi would make it a difficult decision for all involved.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 11:53:21 am by deadsetred »

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #20747 on: July 12, 2023, 11:51:26 am »
It’s not just that though, I think we’ll see a bunch of players very determined to put everything right that was wrong about last year. I still have faith in everyone of them and don’t want to see any of them leave yet until they’ve had chance to do so.

It won’t work out for some but they’ve all earned their chance to put things right
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20748 on: July 12, 2023, 11:51:38 am »
Henderson will be offered massive money. I think he'll stay one more year and go next summer which probably makes the most sense all round. We'll get a bit of cash, he'll stay one more year etc.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20749 on: July 12, 2023, 11:51:39 am »
Bascombe talks turd. Even if this is true, Bascombe still talks turd. Now and forever, Bascombe talks turd.

On his gravestone will be the inscription: "Chris Bascombe. He talked turd."
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #20750 on: July 12, 2023, 11:53:21 am »
I really hope that Klopp has had this difficult conversation with Henderson. For all the criticism that the likes of van Djik and Fabinho got last season, I actually thought that Henderson was our weakest link. The physical decline over the last 2 years has been quite stark. I don't think he'll leave this summer, and he could play a valuable support role to a new emerging midfield setup.

The conversation with every single member of the squad is that players will be picked on merit. What happens in training and in games dictates who gets picked. Draw a line under last season and everyone starts at the same position with regards to holding down a 1st team place. That should include every single member of the squad. Noboby picked on the fee paid for them or  what they've done in the past. Prove you deserve to be here and play.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #20751 on: July 12, 2023, 11:54:00 am »
Didn't his agent say he was unhappy a couple of years ago to get that new bumper contract? Wonder if this is similar and he's looking to get another bump in his contact. Maybe he knows we've already lost Milner and feel he's got the upper hand here in the fact we wouldn't want our 2 main captains to leave in the same summer. Don't believe he'll leave, just feels like he's looking for another contract off us. Hope we don't cave in and offer him one.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20752 on: July 12, 2023, 11:54:01 am »
I do think there might come a point before the end of his contract where he might fancy going elsewhere. I know a lot of people have him pencilled in as taking the Milner role but I'm not convinced Henderson will feel the same - he strikes me as someone who'll still think he should be playing regularly and who will be pissed off if he doesn't. Depending on what happens this season I could see him agitating for a move next summer if he feels he isn't getting enough gametime.

The cynic in me wonders if that's not what this is actually about... a media briefing of multiple journalists who aren't reporting just on transfer interest, but seemingly have insight into Henderson's thinking? Hmm.
possibly remember the stories when contract talks where not going well links to Atletico

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20753 on: July 12, 2023, 12:00:49 pm »
No but it keeps getting mentioned, why mention it if it’s not happening and you don’t want it to. He clearly knows he’s in a fight for his place and has come back ready to do just that, which can only benefit us. He doesn’t want to go anywhere this summer, he wants more Hendo shuffles and that’s it

Even Joyce is talking about it, are we meant to pretend it's not happening?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20754 on: July 12, 2023, 12:03:12 pm »

I am sure Capon can whip up a radar for you to show you how those metrics look.

Offline Caston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20755 on: July 12, 2023, 12:04:29 pm »

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #20756 on: July 12, 2023, 12:05:43 pm »
Hope this isn’t an angle to get another extension.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #20757 on: July 12, 2023, 12:08:54 pm »

Jan Molby probably went through a fair few of them

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #20758 on: July 12, 2023, 12:09:57 pm »
I would've said the same thing about lots of guys who have ended up going to Saudi. Since Gerrard went, I wouldn't put it past anyone. Agree it's highly unlikely but I also doubt the club itself wouldn't be looking to cash in on this Saudi cash cow.

I don't think we can afford to lose another leader this window and therefore would be worried about Hendo of all people leaving. That said, a stupid offer from Saudi would make it a difficult decision for all involved.

That is true. People can go on about how unsavoury it is with players going to Saudi Arabia but if the player himself expresses his decision to leave then it's up to the club to get as much money as possible.

I don't know how much they'd be willing to spend on a 33 year old version of Henderson, of course they can do anything really but we wouldn't be losing him for nothing in a year anyway so perhaps have a bit of room to manoeuvre if it comes to it. Don't want it to happen myself and I'm not sure what they'll offer will really be worth selling for.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20759 on: July 12, 2023, 12:10:17 pm »

You live through the years of Charlie Adam and it scars you on fat men