Author Topic: Liverpool v Tottenham, April 30: Match Preview  (Read 8371 times)

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool v Tottenham, April 30: Match Preview
« on: April 28, 2023, 12:28:22 am »
Liverpool V Tottenham, Sunday April 30, 4.30pm

Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Richard West, Matthew Wilkes. Fourth official: John Brooks. VAR: David Coote. Assistant VAR: Wade Smith.

It’s amazing to think we were nine points back from Spurs just a couple of weeks ago. Fast forward and we’re one point behind with a 13-goal swing. It’s just the latest in a series of bad moves for Tottenham, who are retaking their rightful position as a meme team.

So, with that in mind, here is: How to Piss Off a Fan Base in 12 Easy Steps (with apologies to Bill Simmons) AKA “Lads, it’s Tottenham”

Just under five years ago, in May 2018, Tottenham had clinched their third top three finish in a row, reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup and finished top of a Champions League group featuring Real Madrid. They had a young, talented, hard-working team, the best striker in the country, who’d just re-signed to a long-term contract, a young manager they’d just locked down until summer 2023 and a brand new stadium set to open in time for the new season. And unlike Dortmund or Monaco, they had a chairman with an iron fist who’d prevent the team from being picked clean. Fast forward five years and the fans are calling for the board to be sacked as the team slide towards irrelevance. So, what went wrong?

1. Pochettino was vocal about needing reinforcements to take the next step, and Tottenham responded by buying…no one. They’d identified Jack Grealish as a potential fit, but Daniel Levy tried to negotiate the £6 million price down further, only for Aston Villa to then be taken over at which point their money problems disappeared. Grealish would be sold to Manchester City for £100 million three years later and Tottenham are still looking for an effective creative option who can stay fit. The heartbeat of their midfield, Moussa Dembele, left in the same window, but the failure to sell Danny Rose, Fernando Llorente or Vincent Janssen meant there was nothing in the kitty. And besides, Brexit. This was the first time in 15 years a Premier League club had signed no one in a summer transfer window.

2. Spurs had ploughed hundreds of millions into their plush new stadium, which was due to host their second home game of the new season. Unfortunately, faulty wiring pushed the opening back six months to March 2019, and when it finally opened it was hugely overbudget: £1.2 billion, or roughly three times the original estimate. By early 2021, Tottenham had the highest outstanding debt of any European club, most of which was from the stadium build. Their fans have the priciest season tickets in Europe too, but at least they can watch American football nearby. The most recent power cut, incidentally, was three months ago before their game against us.

3. Tottenham somehow wiggled their way through to a Champions League final in 2019 but their slender squad wasn’t equipped to compete on two fronts so they lost seven of their last 12 league games, limping into fourth with a last-day draw at Everton. They conceded early in the final and spent the rest of the game huffing and puffing before we got a second late on. What a pity, but at least they’d have the means to strengthen. Pochettino handed Levy a shopping list that included Donny van de Beek and Nicolò Zaniolo, but only got Tanguy Ndombele and Ryan Sessegnon plus Giovanni Lo Celso on loan. There was no replacement for Kieran Trippier either, which left Serge Aurier as the club’s sole senior right back. Only David Luiz gave away more penalties in the next season and a half.

4. Amazon Prime had made a documentary show about Manchester City that season and Tottenham were keen to do the next series, giving their worldwide profile a boost while portraying the club as an up-and-coming model of professionalism. Unfortunately, they forgot Man City are run more efficiently than a dictator’s holiday home, while they are Spurs. When the show came out at the end of the next season, it made several of the players look lazy and/or dumb, which was accurate but probably not what the club was expecting.

5. Still, at least Pochettino didn’t have to worry about being in it much. He was out by November, Levy pulling the trigger after a slow start to the season had them in 14th. Pochettino had got Tottenham closer to a title than they’d been in decades, showing an ability to get the best out of cheap signings, develop youth, play proactive and attacking football, and get along with pretty much everyone around him. The natural response was to seek out his polar opposite as a replacement. Levy had already found him in Jose Mourinho, a year out from being sacked from Man United after spending a fortune, failing to win the league and spending most of his last few months blaming the same players he’d signed. Still, Amazon were happy.

6. Spurs decided to furlough their staff during the 2020 lockdown and while it angered their fans, many clubs tried that and changed their minds soon afterwards, so we don’t have to dwell on it. But Christian Eriksen’s contract was up in summer 2020 and after 18 months of being lowballed by Daniel Levy on an extension, he’d decided to run down his contract. Instead, Levy sold him to Inter Milan. His replacement in attacking midfield? Lo Celso, who’d recorded an amazing zero goals and zero assists in his 14 games on loan, and the club paid £27 million to make the move permanent. On top of a £15 million loan fee. He would eventually finish his Tottenham career with one goal and three assists in 55 league games.

7. Mourinho managed to pull Spurs back up to sixth, riding a wave of post-lockdown form to pip Wolves on goal difference. His first ’real’ window saw him banish pretty much every one of the club’s young prospects out on loan while signing washed up Joe Hart on a free transfer and spending £50 million on Matt Doherty, Sergio Reguilón and Joe Rodon. Number still playing for Spurs? Zero. Transfer fees received? Zero. He also signed Pierre-Emile Højbjerg, who did okay, but after a bright start the team stalled, and Mourinho’s relentlessly defensive tactics, disconnect with the squad and lack of an attacking plan or fitness standards led to him being sacked in April, when the team was seventh. Still in with a shot of European qualification, Tottenham decided the caretaker manager would be Ryan Mason, a 29-year old whose managerial experience extended to coaching their under-19s. They finished seventh.

8. The day after the Mourinho sacking, Tottenham announced they would be one of 12 clubs to join a new European Super League. The club’s Supporters Trust immediately put out a statement accusing the board of betraying the club. Spurs backed down shortly afterwards, once it had become clear the bigger English clubs were backing out anyway.

9. After firing the famously mercurial Mourinho, Tottenham decided it was time to copy what everyone else was doing and appoint a director of football. They chose Fabio Paratici, who had overseen the decline of Juventus from seven-in-a-row Serie A winners and Champions League contenders to a fourth-place finish and a £200 million annual loss. Paratici would later have to resign after being banned from football for two and a half years by FIFA (by FIFA!) because of conspiring with other clubs to artificially inflate player fees, something Spurs couldn’t have possibly known about unless they’d actually looked at Juve’s transfer dealings in the preceding two years.

10. Paratici’s first job was to find a new manager. After being rejected by Champions League winner Hansi Flick, the club interviewed Mauricio Pochettino, Antonio Conte (more on him later), Gennaro Gattuso and Paulo Fonseca (rejected by Paratici for being too attacking) before settling on the cheapest option, Nuno Espirito Santo, who’d just taken Wolves to a 13th place finish. Transfers that summer: £22 million winger Bryan Gil, who was shipped off on loan 18 months later after two Premier League starts, and £26 million right back Emerson Royal. At least he started a few games, even if Spurs fans’ abiding memories will be a brainless red card in a North London derby and his dad claiming he needs to join a bigger club after the Newcastle shellacking last week.

11. Espirito Santo lasted four months, enough time for Daniel Levy to remember he actually wanted a fluid, attacking coach. Still, at least that two-year contract didn’t cost much to pay off. The ‘fluid attacking coach’ turned out to be Antonio Conte. In one sense, hiring a proven winner like Conte was a coup. In retrospect, it confirmed Tottenham as the next rung down for sacked Chelsea managers (with Graham Potter probably the next example). Conte initially did well, lifting Spurs into a fourth place finish with help from new signings Kulusevski and Bentancur. That was the same window when Dele Alli, who the club said in 2016 they wouldn’t sell for £100 million, was passed off to Everton on a free. But a £155 million summer outlay yielded flop after flop. By March, after months of moaning, Conte – ‘the manager Tottenham thought they were getting when they hired Mourinho’ – lost patience, throwing the players, the chairman and the club itself under the bus in one of the funniest press conferences in football history.

12. Unfortunately, Conte was never going to be able to go on after that rant, a CM Punk-level employment suicide note. Hilariously, despite exiting the Champions League and FA Cup in the preceding weeks, Tottenham weren’t battling relegation or languishing in midtable. They were fourth and in line for the Champions League. Instead of clearing the bad air, Spurs gave the caretaker job to Conte’s assistant, Christian Stellini, who lasted four matches. After somehow losing to relegation candidates Bournemouth in injury time and 6-1 to Newcastle in “the worst game he’d ever seen,” Stellini was toast. His replacement? Who else but Ryan Mason? And who else but Tottenham?

So, here we are. Tottenham just drew their last game against Man United while we’ve won our last three in the league and are unbeaten in five. This game is at home too, where we’ve generally been very strong. We’re trying out a new system but so are Spurs apparently, a 4-3-3 with Perisic in midfield and three proper attackers. I don’t care. We have the chance to leapfrog them into fifth. After that, let the chips fall where they may. Come on you Redmen!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 12:31:28 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Tottenham, April 30: Match Preview
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 01:29:08 am »
Nice write up.

I think it'd send Spurs fans over the edge ;D
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 01:34:31 am »
Nice one SM, that's a great recent history of the Drury Lane Fan Dancers.
No mistakes (I know it's not easy the way we are setting up), loads of energy (again not easy, some must be getting knackered now), another big game from Matip would be great.
So many options up front for us, I'd love to see Diaz back to his best at Anfield

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 05:09:56 am »
Brilliant OP. Love it. Just win lads
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2023, 07:05:40 am »
Even as a footie fan that kind of knows most of that, seeing it all written down is fascinating. It's all a bit 'Springtime for Hitler', isn't it?
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2023, 07:13:13 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great summary of their woes Sheer! Got a ticket for this, first since Utd match. Our play was great that day and what we showed on Wednesday was that we are consistently playing some good football again. Should win by a distance. Hoping to see Mo and Jota bag a couple. Sounds like Konate will be back and midfield may get a bit of rotation. Fab looking better so maybe Elliott instead of Hendo.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2023, 08:04:06 am »
Great OP! How do people remember that much about a random club?

Just keep playing "like us", as Klopp said!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2023, 08:28:36 am »
Wonderfully insightful OP. Their story makes our trials and tribulations seem slightly less bad.

It’s not going to be an easy game, but we should be able to outscore them. 5-2 for Liverpool.

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2023, 08:31:20 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Great summary of their woes Sheer! Got a ticket for this, first since Utd match.
We want 8 then if you are a proper lucky charm.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2023, 08:38:09 am »
It'll be nice to overtake Spurs, but we could do with some good news from Manchester and/or Newcastle heading into this game. If they both win, it might dampen the spirits a bit.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2023, 08:58:35 am »
Great OP! How do people remember that much about a random club?
Cheers! I did a bit of research for this one, and stretched a couple of facts slightly here and there (but only slightly). Crazy to think that despite all this, they were in the top four spots until quite recently. I know a lot of people dislike him or don't really rate him but Kane has been carrying that club for years.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2023, 10:01:49 am »
Nice one SM, that's a great recent history of the Drury Lane Fan Dancers.
No mistakes (I know it's not easy the way we are setting up), loads of energy (again not easy, some must be getting knackered now), another big game from Matip would be great.
So many options up front for us, I'd love to see Diaz back to his best at Anfield

Ha ha. Drury Lane Fan Dancers live on.

Shanks was so ahead of his time.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2023, 10:16:17 am »
Great OP. :)

Jürgen's pre-match presser...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aC-VU4kA7dw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aC-VU4kA7dw</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC-VU4kA7dw
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 10:38:40 am »
Thanks for the OP Sheer, they really are a mess so let’s hope we can take advantage.

Going to this so hopefully we’ll see a decent performance, 3 points and a few goals too. Imagine the team won’t change too much although Klopp did hint there may be a few before the West Ham game I think. Would be nice to see Thiago start
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 11:01:56 am »
For me, Thiago and Nunez in for Hendo and Jota. Not sure if Konate will be back but Matip was excellent the other night so I'm fine with either starting.

Should have too much for these. We're putting a decent little run together to end the season, they've imploded really, looked like they were gonna finish 4th despite being poor all season. Shouldn't really be dropping points to a side led out by Ryan Mason, with all due respect.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 11:04:29 am »
For me, Thiago and Nunez in for Hendo and Jota. Not sure if Konate will be back but Matip was excellent the other night so I'm fine with either starting.

Should have too much for these. We're putting a decent little run together to end the season, they've imploded really, looked like they were gonna finish 4th despite being poor all season. Shouldn't really be dropping points to a side led out by Ryan Mason, with all due respect.

I don't understand this preference for Nunez over Jota, he doesn't look anything as effective at the moment sadly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2023, 11:13:01 am »
I don't understand this preference for Nunez over Jota, he doesn't look anything as effective at the moment sadly.
For me it wouldn't be a preference just 3 games in a week and using your squad. Diaz probably not ready to start.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2023, 11:18:03 am »
For me it wouldn't be a preference just 3 games in a week and using your squad. Diaz probably not ready to start.

Yes, I could understand that thinking, although there aren't many games left now. I'm just a bit worried about Nunez's form at the moment, but I hope he rediscovers it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2023, 11:30:00 am »
Thanks SM.....you put a lot of effort into the post. I'm not sure how you will monetise the information......maybe write a book about Spurs.

For all their troubles this year they are above us in the league which shows how poor we have been. However we will leap over them if we win this game so it's an important game for both clubs. I watched Spurs against Newcastle last week and they were absolute garbage but I don't expect them to play as poorly against us.

We have slowly got our act together again and are beginning to find our old form. We deserved to win away at West Ham even though they moaned about not getting a penalty. Our midfield looks better with TAA in midfield but there is still a lack of energy which allows the other team far too much time on the ball and this results in too many counter attacks.

I think we'll be far too strong fro Spurs and hopefully we'll pick up all 3 points. Just keep winning and see where that leads to.
#JFT97

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2023, 12:29:15 pm »
3 home games in a week, gotta be getting 9 points. Should go a long way to nailing the Europa spot and if anything fell for us further up great but not really expecting it given we need loads of favours there.

Fulham will be the rotation game you'd think so expecting the same 11 here, maybe Ibou back in and that's about it but Joel was good v Ham

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2023, 01:04:13 pm »
Yes, I could understand that thinking, although there aren't many games left now. I'm just a bit worried about Nunez's form at the moment, but I hope he rediscovers it.
We will probably end up keeping it the same to be fair keep the momentum. Just think Nunez could do with confidence boost of a start as he hasn't looked as effective off the bench as earlier in season. But yeah maybe not enough games left to not be playing our best 11 right now.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2023, 01:15:51 pm »
Annoying that Spurs had a bit of fight back against United - but then again - United are really not that good despite what the media desperately wants you to believe.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2023, 01:38:29 pm »
Thanks SM  :thumbup

This bit made me think there's maybe an alternate universe where Spurs are no longer Spursy: "a young manager they’d just locked down until summer 2023".  As I understand it the relationship had broken down between Levy and Pochettino but they've been a snowballing shambles during the duration of the contract he signed back then.  Imagine if they'd backed him and built on what they had back then.  Never mind.

I watched the last 15 minutes of both their halves against Man U and they looked alright.  It feels like isolating any of our forwards against Dier will pay dividends though.  Hopefully Lloris is back as I'm sure I can remember Forster have the best game of his life against us many seasons ago.

I'd expect pretty much the same team from us again.  Diaz and Thiago knocking on the door but not sure either is going to start a game just yet.

Hopefully we can put a few more wins together and keep a modicum of pressure on those clubs above us.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2023, 02:01:42 pm »
...Shanks was so ahead of his time.

And Jurgen channeling Bob now with this bit of toffee:

[Spurs] are the best counter-attacking side in Europe by some distance.   ;D

Offline Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2023, 02:16:30 pm »
Konate back in for Matip is probably only change I’d imagine, if all others are fit, though I’d like Thiago in for Henderson.

First time in a while I’m confident in us winning, touch of consistency is coming back.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2023, 02:22:18 pm »
Hugo out

Lets do em

Feel good about this. Like we are there again. Down is the new up

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2023, 03:39:28 pm »
Annoying that Spurs had a bit of fight back against United - but then again - United are really not that good despite what the media desperately wants you to believe.

Utd are still shite, they may get a bit of confidence, but they know we are a better side than the Mancs.

Taking my kids to this and Fulham, they're both buzzing, as Ajax was the last game they went to.

Hugo out

Lets do em

Fraser Forster in goal ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2023, 04:09:06 pm »
Hugo out

Lets do em

Loris is always liable to terrible mistakes so having him out isn't so good, Foster though is an equally gaffe liable keeper.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2023, 05:14:14 pm »
3 home games in a week, gotta be getting 9 points. Should go a long way to nailing the Europa spot and if anything fell for us further up great but not really expecting it given we need loads of favours there.

Fulham will be the rotation game you'd think so expecting the same 11 here, maybe Ibou back in and that's about it but Joel was good v Ham

In theory the mancs are up against in form teams (Villa, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth) for most of their remaining games, while we have a pretty favourable run, so while I think we'll probably miss out there is a little chance there. On current form they'd just beat us even if we won every game but as long as the teams they're up against haven't given up for the season we could add a bit of pressure to the last few games and see how they do.

Spurs are looking a bit of a mess this season but they're also game raising twats who seem to get away with pretty much anything they want against us. If we keep our form up we could tear them apart.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2023, 10:31:41 pm »
Post-embargo presser...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Mc7aSp2G_pA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Mc7aSp2G_pA</a>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc7aSp2G_pA

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2023, 11:04:32 pm »
Can somebody get Sheer Mags to do a write up of Everton's last five years, just for kicks?  Im saying we need a Relegation Game Preview and that's the man to do it.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2023, 11:37:24 pm »
Whatever about the game that's a great OP. Nice one Sheer !!

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2023, 12:39:09 am »
Great OP, succinct af.

3 back to back games at Anfield. The crowd is the biggest squad player.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2023, 04:52:23 am »
Keep a clean sheet, score a few goals for fun, Happy Days.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2023, 07:01:25 am »
We want 8 then if you are a proper lucky charm.

👍. I was at the 7-0 Terry Mac goal win against Spurs too.
Have witnessed poor matches too like
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 07:05:56 am by RogerTheRed »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2023, 07:20:21 am »
Thanks ARA. Always seems more relaxed post embargo!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2023, 08:15:56 am »
brill OP sheer - i didn't realise i knew that much about spurs but after reading all that i did

seems it is a club with potential but with no direction or when direction appears then it all seems to go to fuck

to me they still have at least 2 cracking players in kane (though a 'darling' seemingly withinvthe football hierarchy) and son - both very talented and dangerous

their last draw against utd was virtually a win and i think that they'll take that 'anger' and bring it with them to anfield

so we must get on them before we let their confidence rise once again - dampen their ardour

if we win this then it'll be massive impetus for us in securing some sort of european football and to keep the confidence and momentum going full steam ahead
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2023, 08:20:58 am »
Thanks ARA. Always seems more relaxed post embargo!

:thumbup

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2023, 08:55:12 am »
Beat these and it puts us well on the way to Europa League place ahead of these and Brighton.

Spurs should try and finish 7th, they might actually finally win something if they're in the Conference League, although they even cocked that up last season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2023, 04:22:44 pm »